ManUnited4Life - Turriff Co Inter Mafia

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - CND United

tqhamilton - ????

RickJames - ????

AdamG - ????

Bibi - ????

Arfon - ????

Currently got the above guys signed up' date=' am currently in the process of sending out PM's to all those who haven't yet signed up. Will also work on getting that 16th member later tonight - I have a couple of irons in the fire.[/quote']

Just signed up "Yorkshire Broncos" :)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League Chicaritos Crazies - Adam - Wednesday Warriors - Andy - Cockney Mafia - Kylan Hot Rats - NumberSix Turriff Co Inter Mafia - ManUnited4Life CND United - Dobby Evans Alm

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League Its that time in the season when results really matter... that's right... its PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!!! The top two seeds get a bye straight into the semi finals, well done to

Posted Images

Im in mate.

Evans Almighty ;)

Just signed up "Yorkshire Broncos" :)

Nice one lads! :)

Also see someone called Mark has signed up with the team name' date=' "Cowdenbeath Rams" - I presume that is Moodymark.

That's 9 down, 7 to go!

I'd be very interested in this if there's a space, I'm not a massive long-term NFL fan but I really got into it last year and watched pretty much every game after the 2nd week on Sky. I'm not an expert but I should be able to handle myself. If I get the OK I'll sign up later. :)

Yeh, that sounds good to me mate - you can have the last spot! The details to sign up are as follows:

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=624934

League ID: 624934

League Password: picksix

On Sunday at 8PM GMT, the Draft will take place where we all select our teams. You are welcome to take part in this, although if you're not overly confident about the players you are selecting, then you can always let the site auto-pick your team - it will select the best player available each time it is your turn to make a selection.

Good to have you on board mate. :)

Yeh' date=' that sounds good to me mate - you can have the last spot! The details to sign up are as follows:

On Sunday at 8PM GMT, the Draft will take place where we all select our teams. You are welcome to take part in this, although if you're not overly confident about the players you are selecting, then you can always let the site auto-pick your team - it will select the best player available each time it is your turn to make a selection.

Good to have you on board mate. :)[/quote']

Good stuff, I should be OK in the draft, I know nothing about the draft IRL so I'll probably just pick players that did well last year, which probably wont win me much but should do alright. I'm technically busy at 8PM on Sunday, but I can push back what I'm doing a bit, I assume this draft is going to be a half hour job rather than a 3 hour slog, right? :P

Good stuff' date=' I should be OK in the draft, I know nothing about the draft IRL so I'll probably just pick players that did well last year, which probably wont win me much but should do alright. I'm technically busy at 8PM on Sunday, but I can push back what I'm doing a bit, I assume this draft is going to be a half hour job rather than a 3 hour slog, right? :P[/quote']

To be honest mate, I'm not sure. Reckon it'll take longer than half an hour though, between 1-2 hours I reckon - although I don't have much to base that prediction on!!

dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

ruggermad - ????

Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams...I think!

Lenny59 - Yorkshire Broncos

NumberSix - Hot Rats

Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - CND United

tqhamilton - hamilton hammers

RickJames - ????

AdamG - ????

Bibi - ????

Arfon - Evans Almighty

Mikey - ????

An updated list, 6 to go!

To be honest mate' date=' I'm not sure. Reckon it'll take longer than half an hour though, between 1-2 hours I reckon - although I don't have much to base that prediction on!!

[/b']

An updated list, 6 to go!

You might be right, but it's fine, I got my priorities sorted, Fantasty Football > Real Life. :P

Gonna sign up now.

*EDIT* Signed up - The Crazy Ninjas.

You might be right' date=' but it's fine, I got my priorities sorted, Fantasty Football > Real Life. :P

Gonna sign up now.

*EDIT* Signed up - The Crazy Ninjas.[/quote']

Bang on Andy

Myself = Cowdenbeath Rams!

Signed up and ready to go!

Chicaritos Crazies is moi! Original I know :P:D:D
I'm in - Running with Scissors

Cheers Andy:)

Great stuff guys! Updated list:

ruggermad - ????

Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams

NumberSix - Hot Rats

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - CND United

RickJames - Running with Scissors

AdamG - Chicaritos Crazies

Bibi - ????

Arfon - Evans Almighty

Mikey - The Crazy Ninjas

Just ruggermad, jambogenius and Bibi to go!

P.S. Be sure to show your colours - you can do so by going to the "My Team" tab and going to "Edit Settings". :)

Just been doing a little research getting a little document in notepad knocked up with a list of all the players I want to go after. :P

There's these 'mock drafts' things on there which I'm going to try out for a bit of practice too at some stage.

SRS BSNS!

*EDIT* Just did a draft for a random league to get accustomed to things, was a bit of a steep learning curve, I made a few mistakes on my first few picks, I paniced and grabbed players then realised who I SHOULD of picked. But I think it could of turned out worse...

QB: Tom Brady, Josh Freeman

RB: Peyton Hillis, Matt Forte, Daniel Thomas, LaDanian Tomlinson

WR: DeSean Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Austin Collie, Julio Jones

TE: Kellen Winslow

K: David Akers, Josh Brown

DEF: Steelers, Cardinals.

I seem to of messed up on the back-ups, I got a back-up K and Def for injury/bye weeks, but literally everyone else in my league got a back-up TE and extra RB/WR. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, if anyone felt like telling me places I might of gone wrong etc. that'd be good, as this is all a bit of a learning process for me, unless you want to leave me in my misguided ways so I screw up the draft for this league. :P

Oh yeah, I was 9th pick out of 10 in the draft by the way, if that changes things.

Just been doing a little research getting a little document in notepad knocked up with a list of all the players I want to go after. :P

There's these 'mock drafts' things on there which I'm going to try out for a bit of practice too at some stage.

SRS BSNS!

*EDIT* Just did a draft for a random league to get accustomed to things' date=' was a bit of a steep learning curve, I made a few mistakes on my first few picks, I paniced and grabbed players then realised who I SHOULD of picked. But I think it could of turned out worse...

[b']K: David Akers, Josh Brown[/b]

I seem to of messed up on the back-ups, I got a back-up K and Def for injury/bye weeks, but literally everyone else in my league got a back-up TE and extra RB/WR. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, if anyone felt like telling me places I might of gone wrong etc. that'd be good, as this is all a bit of a learning process for me, unless you want to leave me in my misguided ways so I screw up the draft for this league. :P

Oh yeah, I was 9th pick out of 10 in the draft by the way, if that changes things.

Duuuuuuuude, never draft two kickers (makes you look like a total noob) :P Spend late round picks on young players with potential, or possibly people likr Randy Moss who I believe will still come back and could have an impact for a playoff contending team. (Idk why I'm helping you btw :D)

Duuuuuuuude' date=' never draft two kickers (makes you look like a total noob) :P Spend late round picks on young players with potential, or possibly people likr Randy Moss who I believe will still come back and could have an impact for a playoff contending team. (Idk why I'm helping you btw :D)[/quote']

I probably look like a total noob because I am a total noob! But yeah, I was looking through the players when my last pick came, saw no decent TE's, saw no decent WR's, had 10 seconds left and just grabbed a kicker. Bear in mind I know not much about young players with potential. But yeah, I then looked at all the other teams in my leagues picks and none of them had picked a 2nd kicker, kind of clicked onto it then. :P

Definitely wont be making that mistake again. :D

Great stuff guys! Updated list:

ruggermad - ????

Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams

NumberSix - Hot Rats

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - CND United

RickJames - Running with Scissors

AdamG - Chicaritos Crazies

Bibi - ????

Arfon - Evans Almighty

Mikey - The Crazy Ninjas

Just ruggermad' date=' jambogenius and Bibi to go!

P.S. Be sure to show your colours - you can do so by going to the "My Team" tab and going to "Edit Settings". :)[/quote']

just set it up - had problems with my NFL account :confused: but finally got that sorted. Joined the league as Gary Glitter's U-16s :D

SRS BSNS!

*EDIT* Just did a draft for a random league to get accustomed to things' date=' was a bit of a steep learning curve, I made a few mistakes on my first few picks, I paniced and grabbed players then realised who I SHOULD of picked. But I think it could of turned out worse...

K: David Akers, Josh Brown

Oh yeah, I was 9th pick out of 10 in the draft by the way, if that changes things.[/quote']

Think I'm gonna try one or two of these mock drafts later today - they're currently closed at the minute. I certainly don't want to be making any mistakes like you did yesterday! :P I, like you, have never done a live draft before so I imagine it will be a bit of a steep learning curve. The first few rounds should be rather straightforward as all of the top, well-known players will be going off the board. It's round 4-5 onwards where you need to be on the ball as there will be a lot of players in there with great value and potential to do well this season. It'll be interesting to see how our draft goes tomorrow, really can't wait!

By the way, if anyone was wondering about the running order tomorrow night, the order will be randomised by NFL.com approximately half an hour before it commences. I really hope I get an early to mid-round slot as there is one guy I want in the first round really badly!! For obvious reasons, I shall not be naming names. ;)

Beginning to get a bit worried about Bibi and jambogenius, who still haven't registered their teams yet. I do hope they get on to it ASAP... :o

Think I'm gonna try one or two of these mock drafts later today - they're currently closed at the minute. I certainly don't want to be making any mistakes like you did yesterday! :P I' date=' like you, have never done a live draft before so I imagine it will be a bit of a steep learning curve. The first few rounds should be rather straightforward as all of the top, well-known players will be going off the board. It's round 4-5 onwards where you need to be on the ball as there will be a lot of players in there with great value and potential to do well this season. It'll be interesting to see how our draft goes tomorrow, really can't wait!

By the way, if anyone was wondering about the running order tomorrow night, the order will be randomised by NFL.com approximately half an hour before it commences. I really hope I get an early to mid-round slot as there is one guy I want in the first round really badly!! For obvious reasons, I shall not be naming names. ;)

Beginning to get a bit worried about Bibi and jambogenius, who still haven't registered their teams yet. I do hope they get on to it ASAP... :o[/quote']

I tried to do some mock drafts too, checked back regularly over a period of 3 hours and there was never one available so I just joined a randomly generated league for the **** of it. I'd definitely advise doing a practice run as at first I was like 'AAAAAH WHAT IS GOING ON?!'

I'm hoping for one of two big guns, I'll only get one if I'm reaaalllly early the other I might be able to sneak at about 8-10ish judging by my practice run.

I assume you've VM/PM'd them? Might have to go about trying to snare a couple of other people in later tonight or tommorow if they don't turn up.

I've been doing a touch of research, although I don't know how reliable the sources were, for some later round picks as in my first run I was left after about round 11 just scratching my head and going 'Eeermmmm...', hence my second kicker and def. :o

I assume you've VM/PM'd them? Might have to go about trying to snare a couple of other people in later tonight or tommorow if they don't turn up.

I have, and also contacted Bibi in game. If neither sets up their team by midday tomorrow, I will have to consider altering the number of participants in the draft, which I can do as I have checked.

Just did a mock draft on NFL.com...I highly recommend it if you're uneasy about tomorrow night. Fairly happy with the team I selected - got the man I wanted in Round One; hope the same happens tomorrow! :D

Had to chuckle at the guy who drafted Roddy White with the third overall pick...! :eek: He did also draft SIX RB's though... :/

Just did a mock draft on NFL.com...I highly recommend it if you're uneasy about tomorrow night. Fairly happy with the team I selected - got the man I wanted in Round One; hope the same happens tomorrow! :D

Had to chuckle at the guy who drafted Roddy White with the third overall pick...! :eek: He did also draft SIX RB's though... :/

Ok boss of the SM NFL FF League! :rolleyes:

Are you putting up any kind of prize/gift for the league winner? :P

Ok boss of the SM NFL FF League! :rolleyes:

Are you putting up any kind of prize/gift for the league winner? :P

Yes' date=' the winner gets that thing that money can't buy - bragging rights! :P

Did a mock draft yesterday and luckily still got a loaded team with the ninth pick. It made me realize how much tougher our draft will be with 16 teams. I really hope I get a pick somewhere in the top 8, otherwise it might be a long season :(.

I was 8th out of 10 and still got a pretty good team. But I know, it's going to be a lot tougher with 16 teams making picks (or 14 if the final two don't get their act together). Really looking forward to it though!

Okay guys, today's the day! I've written to Bibi and jambogenius on numerous occasions and have this morning informed them that if they haven't registered their side by 6PM this evening, then they shall be eliminated from the competition. Obviously, I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'd much rather have a 14-man league full of people that know each other (loosely), rather than a 16-man league with a couple of randomers thrown in tonight.

To those who were asking how long the draft could take, I can say having experienced a 10-man mock draft yesterday that it was done within half an hour, 40 minutes maximum. It could take slightly longer with more people, although I highly doubt we will get the full quota of 14/16 picking live this evening. I reckon it will be done within the hour.

So, if we could all meet here at 7:30-7:45PM GMT so that we can clear up the running order, then that would be good. Or, we'll just see you live in the draft room at 8PM sharp, where there will be a chat-box so the banter can begin!

If you can't make it tonight, don't forget to alter you're pre-draft rankings!

i would nt worry about getting your best picks,things change that much week to week,that you will have to trade players.

only player i will not be picking is adrian peterson.every time i pick him on my Sky fantasy team,he has a stinker,soon as you drop him its n120 yards and 2 touchdowns

best of luck tonights

tony