SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Okay guys' date=' today's the day! I've written to Bibi and jambogenius on numerous occasions and have this morning informed them that if they haven't registered their side by 6PM this evening, then they shall be eliminated from the competition. Obviously, I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'd much rather have a 14-man league full of people that know each other (loosely), rather than a 16-man league with a couple of randomers thrown in tonight.

To those who were asking how long the draft could take, I can say having experienced a 10-man mock draft yesterday that it was done within half an hour, 40 minutes maximum. It could take slightly longer with more people, although I highly doubt we will get the full quota of 14/16 picking live this evening. I reckon it will be done within the hour.

So, if we could all meet here at 7:30-7:45PM GMT so that we can clear up the running order, then that would be good. Or, we'll just see you live in the draft room at 8PM sharp, where there will be a chat-box so the banter can begin!

If you can't make it tonight, don't forget to alter you're pre-draft rankings![/quote']

Couple of things Andy.

Unless somebody actually owns that FF league the draft order is randomily selected by the database, so 'clearing up the draft order' becomes invalid - we all can see the draft order.

Also it's normally between 90secs - 2 mins allowed per pick, different FF league setups are different - Yahoo FF's you have 90 seconds per pick, Other's are usually 2 mins, depending on who the league is with. :)

Couple of things Andy.

Unless somebody actually owns that FF league the draft order is randomily selected by the database' date=' so 'clearing up the draft order' becomes invalid - we all can see the draft order.

Also it's normally between 90secs - 2 mins allowed per pick, different FF league setups are different - Yahoo FF's you have 90 seconds per pick, Other's are usually 2 mins, depending on who the league is with. :)[/quote']

I think he knows both of those things mate. :P

No idea if Andy knows or not Mikey! hense just offering a little help :)

Fair enough mate.

2 hours to go now, looking forward to this big time, hoping that I don't fall flat on my face, I almost hope that I'm late on in the order, I don't want to have the pressure of 1st pick and screw it up! :D

Fair enough mate.

2 hours to go now' date=' looking forward to this big time, hoping that I don't fall flat on my face, I almost hope that I'm late on in the order, I don't want to have the pressure of 1st pick and screw it up! :D[/quote']

Good point and i do agree, nothing like picking first IMHO, the pressure to pick CJ/AP/Rice.. which one will flop which 1 will star, picking down the order you have the chance to sort through more exactly who you want far more without the pressure.

Couple of things Andy.

Unless somebody actually owns that FF league the draft order is randomily selected by the database' date=' so 'clearing up the draft order' becomes invalid - we all can see the draft order.

Also it's normally between 90secs - 2 mins allowed per pick, different FF league setups are different - Yahoo FF's you have 90 seconds per pick, Other's are usually 2 mins, depending on who the league is with. :)[/quote']

I was aware of this Mark, but thanks anyway. I just think it would be useful for a few of us who may be unfamiliar with the NFL website to gather here where I will post the running order. Could be totally irrelevant in the end, but the thought's there!

And going by memory, I think the time allowed was 90 seconds from the mock draft I did yesterday. :)

Better late than never' date=' Bibi has signed up. Jambogenius hasn't been online for three days now, so I don't expect him to make it tonight. I am currently in the process of getting that 16th member, will report back with more concrete details shortly.[/quote']

Okay, all sorted, we have our final man and he is Allan-NI. Allan doesn't follow NFL so I don't expect him to be a regular contributor here; he is simply doing what his team name suggest - he's Making Up The Numbers! In an ideal world, we would have had jambogenius joining us, but he clearly has had some personal responsibilities to take care of these past few days, which is understandable and simply can't be helped.

Here is the full list of team names:

dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

ruggermad - Gary Glitter's U-16's

Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams

Lenny59 - Yorkshire Broncos

NumberSix - Hot Rats

Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

ManUnited4Life - Turriff Co Inter Mafia

Allan NI - Making Up The Numbers

Dobby - CND United

tqhamilton - hamilton hammers

RickJames - Running with Scissors

AdamG - Chicaritos Crazies

Bibi - Starboys

Arfon - Evans Almighty

Mikey - The Crazy Ninjas

Just over an hour to go!! :D

Okay' date=' all sorted, we have our final man and he is [b']Allan-NI[/b]. Allan doesn't follow NFL so I don't expect him to be a regular contributor here; he is simply doing what his team name suggest - he's Making Up The Numbers!

Gordon Bennet! Not that Ulster git! Oh sorry, meant... Geeeeeeeeez! :D

Great to have you on board mate. Good looking out Andy.

The draft room is open people!! Can't see who's at the bottom of the running order, but here's what I can see:

#1 - Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

#2 - tqhamilton - hamilton hammers

#3 - Arfon - Evans Almighty

#4 - Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams

#5 - Allan NI - Making Up The Numbers

#6 - NumberSix - Hot Rats

#7 - andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

#8 - Bibi - Starboys

#9 - RickJames - Running with Scissors

#10 - Dobby - CND United

#11 - Lenny59 - Yorkshire Broncos

#13 - Mikey - The Crazy Ninjas

#14 - dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

Fill me in with the rest if you know!

The draft room is open people!! Can't see who's at the bottom of the running order' date=' but here's what I can see:

[b']#1 - Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

#2 - tqhamilton - hamilton hammers

#3 - Arfon - Evans Almighty

#4 - Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams

#5 - Allan NI - Making Up The Numbers

#6 - NumberSix - Hot Rats

#7 - andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

#8 - Bibi - Starboys

#9 - RickJames - Running with Scissors

#10 - Dobby - CND United

#11 - Lenny59 - Yorkshire Broncos

#14 - dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

Mikey - The Crazy Ninjas[/b]

Fill me in with the rest if you know!

13th. :(

Here's the bit where my lack of knowledge of any but the top RB's is going to screw me over.

ALRIGHT!! 3rd pick :)

Also where does it tell me what I need to draft - kinda need this answering???

Your starting team is:

1xQB

2xRB's

2xWR's

1xTE

1xWR/RB (you can choose which each gameday)

1xK

1xDEF

6xRES

In reserve, you can have whatever you wish, but you want to be getting a team that gives you options of high-points, and QB's, RB's and WR's are usually the guys to get you high points. So you want at least 2 QB's, 4 RB's and 4 WR's, really.

Your starting team is:

1xQB

2xRB's

2xWR's

1xTE

1xWR/RB (you can choose which each gameday)

1xK

1xDEF

6xRES

In reserve' date=' you can have whatever you wish, but you want to be getting a team that gives you options of high-points, and QB's, RB's and WR's are usually the guys to get you high points. So you want at least 2 QB's, 4 RB's and 4 WR's, really.[/quote']

Players you draft should show up in the top right corner of the draft window when the draft starts, thats whats been happening in mock drafts

Pretty happy with what I done, minus 1 pick....

QB'S - Payton Manning, David Garrard, Alex Smith

RB'S - Adrian Peterson, Tashard Choice, Donald Brown

WR'S - Vinnie Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Pierre Garcon, Roy Williams, Kevin Walter

TE'S - Jermichael Finlay and Jermaine Gresham

K - Billy Cundiff

My defence - The Eagles :D