BN WR Devin Hester

BN W/R Eddie Royal

BN TE Heath Miller

Quite happy! :)

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Chicaritos Crazies

QB Drew Brees, Cam Newton

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Daniel Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Justin Forsett

WR Jeremy Maclin, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Earl Bennett, Davone Bess, Early Doucet

TE Marcedes Lewis

K Matt Bryant

DEF Chicago Bears

Happy with my quarter backs and wide recievers, however definitely may need to look at trading for a running back!!!

Wednesday Warriors

QBs Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton

RBs Peyton Hillis, Mark Ingram, Darren Sproles, Isaac Redman

WRs Dez Bryant, Marques Colston, Lee Evans, Michael Crabtree, Emmanuel Sanders

TEs Owen Daniels, Todd Heap

K Neil Rackers

DEF Atlanta Falcons

Overall, pretty happy with my team, especially since I got the best QB in the league and a good receiving corp. Wouldn't mind trading for a superstar RB though and have already placed a cheeky offer...

And the first pick of the draft is...

tom-brady1.jpg

TOM BRADY!

C'mon Adam and Andy, how obvious what that?

Nice draft lads. Kinda drags on after a while when it comes to the dark horse/gutter picks as Lenny said, but in all was fun.

Already made the first transaction of the league, dropped Cadillac, picked up an unnamed player. Have to wait for it to go through waivers.

Team looks like this:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Ryan Grant

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR: Chad Ochocinco

WR: Reggie Wayne

TE: Tony Gonzalez

W/R: LaDainian Tomlinson

K: Sebastian Janikowski

DEF: Green Bay Packers

BN: QB - Tavaris Jackson

BN: WR - Johnny Knox

BN: WR - Jerome Simpson (Who the... ?)

BN: WR - Nate Washington

BN: TE - Greg Olsen

BN: - unnamed

My money was on you picking up Rodgers. I'm glad you didn't. ;)

I really was going back and forth between both, but I had to go with Brady in the end. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Now having said that, nothing would make me more satisfied if Rodgers drops like a fly, or just has a horrible season in general. Your pick. :)

I really was going back and forth between both' date=' but I had to go with Brady in the end. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Now having said that, nothing would make me more satisfied if Rodgers drops like a fly, or just has a torrid season in general. Your pick. :)[/quote']

It's not gonna happen, although as a Bear, I won't be totally upset if it does! :D

Talking of Da Bears, we've picked up Brandon Meriweather after he was cut by the Pats yesterday - very happy with that!

Also, on our main league page, what does the "waiver" column refer to? Each side has a different number in the column... :confused:

Was gonna be around for the live draft but I broke this afternoon playing rugby :rolleyes: which is annoying

But anyway got a team i'm pleased with:

QB: Kevin Kolb, Jay Cutler

RB: Michael Turner, Jonathan Stewart, Ricky Williams

WR: Austin Collie, Jacoby Ford, Bernard Berrian, Steve Breaston

TE: Dallas Clark, Lance Kendricks

K: Alex Henery

DEF: Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs

Dunno why two DEFs got chosen, I only selected one to be picked but not the end of the world I guess. Like I say pleased with my Glitter U16s

Here come the HOTS RATS

QB

Matthew Stafford, DET

Kyle Orton, DEN

RB

Ray Rice, BAL

Cedric Benson, CIN

Marshawn Lynch, SEA

WR

Dwayne Bowe, KC

Mike Wallace, PIT

Nate Burleson, DET

Lance Moore, NO

James Jones, GB

Antonio Brown, PIT

TE

Aaron Hernandez, NE

Anthony Fasano, MIA

DEF

St-Louis

K

Rob «the beer's on us» Bironas, TEN

---

Not too pleased with my draft as I didn't plan to get only 3 RBs. I also usually get a better DEF than middle-of-the-pack Rams. Finally, should have not pick two receivers from the same team but I got mesmerized, I guess, by the great pre-season of Antonio Brown. But I got Rrrrray Rrrrrrice who could be the most productive RB in fantasy by the end of the season.

Cheers to everyone for a interesting (and rapid) draft.

Chicaritos Crazies

QB Drew Brees' date=' Cam Newton

[b']RB[/b] BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Daniel Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Justin Forsett

WR Jeremy Maclin, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Earl Bennett, Davone Bess, Early Doucet

TE Marcedes Lewis

K Matt Bryant

DEF Chicago Bears

Happy with my quarter backs and wide recievers, however definitely may need to look at trading for a running back!!!

I'll trade you Thomas Jones for someone (either Bennett or Bears D)

Overall' date=' pretty happy with my team, especially since I got the best QB in the league and a good receiving corp. Wouldn't mind trading for a superstar RB though and have already placed a[i'] cheeky offer.[/i]..

Well Andy, not cheeky enough ! I don't need a new TE as I have 2 pretty good ones already. And Michael Crabtree, although a first rounder 2 years ago, doesn't inspire me a lot in a SF offense that is so pale compared to the glorious days of Sweet Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry «Instant TD» Rice.

Well Andy' date=' not cheeky enough ! I don't need a new TE as I have 2 pretty good ones already. And Michael Crabtree, although a first rounder 2 years ago, doesn't inspire me a lot in a SF offense that is so pale compared to the glorious days of Sweet Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry «Instant TD» Rice.[/quote']

Fair enough mate. I think Crabtree is a good talent, but that doesnt mean much when you don't have anyone to throw you the ball! :P

Agree with your comment about Rice being the number one fantasy RB this year, especially since he has the full-back who paved the way for Arian Foster last season making holes for him - I forget the reason. That's also the reason why I dont think Foster will be nearly as good in this year.

CND United

QB

Matt Schaub

Mark Sanchez

RB

Maurice Jones-Drew

LeGarette Blount

Knowshon Moreno

Danny Woodhead

WR

Roddy White

Mike Sims-Walker

AJ Green

Danny Amendola

TE

Jimmy Graham

Jared Cook

K

Adam Vinatieri

Def

Detroit Lions

San Francisco 49ers

I haven't checked out all of the teams in great detail yet, but I REALLY like the look of this on e (ignoring Sanchize...)

Running with Scissors

QB

Sam Bradford

Colt McCoy

RB

LeSean McCoy

Felix Jones

Reggie Bush

Montario Hardesty

CJ Spiller

WR

Percy Harvin

Kenny Britt

Mohamed Massaquoi

Louis Murphy

TE

Antonio Gates

Chris Cooley

K

Stephen Gostkowski

Def

Baltimore Ravens

All in all, i'm pretty happy with my team, 16 team drafts are always tough, getting LeSean McCoy was great value and I think Felix Jones is in for a big year so was stoked he was still there for me to take in round 2:D

Okay' date=' all sorted, we have our final man and he is Allan-NI. Allan doesn't follow NFL so I don't expect him to be a regular contributor here; he is simply doing what his team name suggest - he's [b']Making Up The Numbers[/b]! In an ideal world, we would have had jambogenius joining us, but he clearly has had some personal responsibilities to take care of these past few days, which is understandable and simply can't be helped.

Here is the full list of team names:

dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

ruggermad - Gary Glitter's U-16's

Moodymark - Cowdenbeath Rams

Lenny59 - Yorkshire Broncos

NumberSix - Hot Rats

Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

ManUnited4Life - Turriff Co Inter Mafia

Allan NI - Making Up The Numbers

Dobby - CND United

tqhamilton - hamilton hammers

RickJames - Running with Scissors

AdamG - Chicaritos Crazies

Bibi - Starboys

Arfon - Evans Almighty

Mikey - The Crazy Ninjas

Just over an hour to go!! :D

hi guys sorry for not making it in for this last night

pretty gutted but ive not been able to get online for a few days

hope you all enjoy anyway and ill be sure to keep an eye on how things are going

gary

Andy.

Have you given thought to the idea of the Prediction league format i gave you last night in a PM?

With the opener on Thursday night/Friday morning over here' date=' it only leaves best past of 3 days to setup it up and get people involved?

Thoughts?[/quote']

I did read it last night mate, went to bed soon after though. At work at the minute but will be looking to sort out a thread and get together a group of names to participate later these evening. We'll get something sorted in time, dont worry!

I did read it last night mate' date=' went to bed soon after though. At work at the minute but will be looking to sort out a thread and get together a group of names to participate later these evening. We'll get something sorted in time, dont worry![/quote']

No worries at all, thats fine.

Was just more concerned whether or not you received the PM. :)