SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Swapped Brain Hartline(WR) for Shaun Hill (QB)' date=' felt a backup QB was needed in case of injury ect...

No idea if there are better players available or 'worse' players I could have swapped out though :D

Dont expect me to be a regular poster here :o[/quote']

To be honest Allan, I think you've done outstandingly well with the side you picked considering you don't know too much about the sport! Shame you didn't go for Luke McCown though - he's just been made the starter in Jacksonville after they cut David Garrard. Not that you need him with a certain Mr. Vick as your number one QB!

P.S. Nice pick-up with TJ, Kylan - how did he go under the radar?!

Luke Mccown......Jesus! - Garrard with one leg could do a far better job! strange decision to cut Garrard. Drop him to No.2 or 3 QB, yeah, even add him to the practice squad but to cut him and promote McCown....... thats a strange one.

Thats the Jags season down the tube straight away!

Luke Mccown......Jesus! - Garrard with one leg could do a far better job! strange decision to cut Garrard. Drop him to No.2 or 3 QB' date=' yeah, even add him to the practice squad but to cut him and promote McCown....... thats a strange one.

Thats the Jags season down the tube straight away![/quote']

Could be seeing Blaine Gabbert in sooner than expected...

Could be worse for the Jags...at least they don't head into the season with two of their very best players grumbling loudly over the state of their contracts...

Luke Mccown......Jesus! - Garrard with one leg could do a far better job! strange decision to cut Garrard. Drop him to No.2 or 3 QB' date=' yeah, even add him to the practice squad but to cut him and promote McCown....... thats a strange one.

Thats the Jags season down the tube straight away![/quote']

Really? Oh dear :(

Good job I drafted in Alex Smith as a 3rd choice :rolleyes:

Peyton - injured

Garrard - dropped

Smith - my main man :(

Could be seeing Blaine Gabbert in sooner than expected...

Could be worse for the Jags...at least they don't head into the season with two of their very best players grumbling loudly over the state of their contracts...

LOL

What have the Jags got for the season..... MJD, thats all!

Odds for Del Rio being the first HC to get fired? must be the favourite?

To be honest Allan' date=' I think you've done outstandingly well with the side you picked considering you don't know too much about the sport! Shame you didn't go for Luke McCown though - he's just been made the starter in Jacksonville after they cut David Garrard. Not that you need him with a certain Mr. Vick as your number one QB!

[b']P.S. Nice pick-up with TJ, Kylan - how did he go under the radar?![/b]

Thanks man. He was actually going to be one of my last 2 picks, however something bizarre happened, they got auto-picked, so I missed out on him.

Have been reading he's been getting looked at by the Pats, amongst other numerous teams. I couldn't gamble not taking him, even if he is a 3rd or 4th WR option wherever he ends up. He could eventually work his way up the depth chart as the season prolongs, certainly has the ability to do so, plus with recent comments he's made, seem like he's got a fire lit, and is ready to go.

Erm' date=' does anyone know how to cancel an accepted trade? I just accidentally accepted a fairly ridiculous trade offer when I meant to decline it and I can't seem to see anywhere I can cancel it. :o[/quote']

That must be the trade I voted against ! If enough owners vote against it, it will be cancelled. I guess you need more than 50% of them.

That must be the trade I voted against ! If enough owners vote against it' date=' it will be cancelled. I guess you need more than 50% of them.[/quote']

Ah right, bit daft that I can't just cancel it myself because I've looked everywhere and can't see anything. Everyone fancy helping me out and voting against it then? It's Brandon Marshall for Early Doucet.

Erm' date=' does anyone know how to cancel an accepted trade? I just accidentally accepted a fairly ridiculous trade offer when I meant to decline it and I can't seem to see anywhere I can cancel it. :o[/quote']

I was going to say what idiot accepted that?!? I offered you Steve Smith in a fairly decent ;) trade and you turned it down.

I voted it down as well. :)

Ah right' date=' bit daft that I can't just cancel[code'][/code] it myself because I've looked everywhere and can't see anything. Everyone fancy helping me out and voting against it then? It's Brandon Marshall for Early Doucet.

I'll have a look and see if I, as league founder, have the right to block any trade later (dont worry, I wouldnt abuse that power!).

Decent start for the Warriors last night courtesy of a certain Mr. Rodgers. Didn't expect Sproles to get 75 yards receiving though! :o

I'll have a look and see if I' date=' as league founder, have the right to block any trade later (dont worry, I wouldnt abuse that power!).

[b']Decent start for the Warriors last night courtesy of a certain Mr. Rodgers.[/b] Didn't expect Sproles to get 75 yards receiving though! :o

Yeah... my bro had the TV remote, kept on switching back to the match during the adverts from the TV show he was watching, I pretty much dropped the 'F Bomb' once I saw Rodgers had thrown 3 TDs in the first quarter. :o

Nevertheless. In. Brady. I. Trust.

Just noticed that the Marshall for Doucet trade went through... So I basically just lost my fourth round pick for a fifteenth round pick. Awesome.

Sorry about that mate, although Doucet had a pretty good game yesterday - you might want to keep him!

Currently ahead in my battle with Kylan, but I fully expect the Brady/Ochocinco combination to lead him to victory this evening. Apart from Aaron Rodgers, my team hasn't had a great deal to shout about (Lee Evans...zero receptions... :o).

Sorry about that mate' date=' although Doucet had a pretty good game yesterday - you might want to keep him!

Currently ahead in my battle with Kylan, but I fully expect the Brady/Ochocinco combination to lead him to victory this evening. Apart from Aaron Rodgers, my team hasn't had a great deal to shout about (Lee Evans...zero receptions... :o).[/quote']

Him having a good game was just salt in the wounds, since he was sat on the bench. :o

Despite the loss of Marshall, I've still had a good week. It was looking like it was going to be terrible at first, with Ryan getting an Interception, fumble and not throwing for any TDs giving me 8 points, Mendenhall getting 45 yards and a fumble giving me 2.5, then Addai only getting 5.2. But then out of nowhere big Mike Tolbert gets 3 TDs to give me 27 points, Dustin Keller gets 69 yards and a TD for 12 points, David Akers kicks 15 points, and the late charge from the Jets D and special teams gives me 16 points totalling 101 points and giving me the most points in the league at the moment! Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose.

I think there was a general thought of 'Wait' date=' what?' when Kylan drafted Brady first, but 511 yards and 4 TDs with 5 minutes left... Genius... :D[/quote']
True dat! Mr. Brady destroyed the Wednesday Warriors almost single-handedly this week! :P

:D

Gotta love those Pats TEs. Brady was picking them out all over the place. The usual Welker-to-Brady combination looks set to be back this season. I probably should have played Knox over No-Show-Ocho, but it didn't occur to me he wasn't going to get many downs as he's still very much in the learning process of the Pats O-system. I'd give him till around week 4, until he gets more involved. I do think taking one thing away from that game is, once again the Pats D looks suspect, could be their achilles heel yet again.

:D

Gotta love those Pats TEs. Brady was picking them out all over the place. The usual Welker-to-Brady combination looks set to be back this season. I probably should have played Knox over No-Show-Ocho' date=' but it didn't occur to me he wasn't going to get many downs as he's still very much in the learning process of the Pats O-system. I'd give him till around week 4, until he gets more involved. I do think taking one thing away from that game is, [b']once again the Pats D looks suspect, could be their achilles heel yet again[/b].

Couldn't agree more, its not like Chad Henne is a top QB and he torched them for 400+ yards, still as much as I hate him, you have to back Brady in a shootout, which means good times for you

Looking decent so far, Dustin Keller going for 100 yards and a TD for 16, Mendenhall with 78 yards combined and a TD, Greg Jennings with 55 yards and a TD, and the Jets defence just stomped all over Jacksonville, 3 points allowed, 2 sacks, 4 interceptions and a safety for 19 points. That gives me 60 points from 4 players and it was looking real good for me with the other team on 25 until Jordy Nelson who hadn't touched the ball all game went and got a 84 yard TD reception for 14.4 points in one play. :mad:

I also want to say a big thank you to AdamG for being a gent and trading back Marshall for Doucet after my embarassing little mishap accidentally accepting that trade in the first place. Top bloke.

I also want to say a big thank you to AdamG for being a gent and trading back Marshall for Doucet after my embarassing little mishap accidentally accepting that trade in the first place. Top bloke.

Im not that nasty of a guy, despite me supporting Manchester United!!!

Looking pretty good for my team this week, 100+ yards for Daniel Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald and Jeremy Maclin seeing to that. Good points from Drew Brees and BenJarvus Green-Ellis and small inputs from Doucet and Evan Moore (a last minute addition), all equait to me beating my opponent by 69 points with only his kicker and defence to play.

Also you may all shoot me down BUT I am actually debating trying to trade Drew Brees out and starting with Cam Newton!!!

Also you may all shoot me down BUT I am actually debating trying to trade Drew Brees out and starting with Cam Newton!!!

After his unreal start, I could hardly blame you! Only five QB's have ever had consecutive 400+ yard passing games before Cam Newton (Brady joined him as number seven later on last night and is currently on course for 7,500 yards this season...and who doubted Kylan for taking him number one?!). The fact that Newton's done it in his first two games is truly unbelievable.

Had another terrible week this week, despite commendable displays by my main men, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Hillis. I was hoping to get online to sort my team out at 5.30-5.45 yesterday, but failed and paid as a result. An inactive Dez Bryant was my number one wideout, and I intended to sit Ingram for Sproles and play Redman as my W/R - both of whom got scores yesterday. Not that it matters since Donnie's team had a stormer and he's still got Eli to play tonight! :o

Im not that nasty of a guy' date=' despite me supporting Manchester United!!!

Looking pretty good for my team this week, 100+ yards for Daniel Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald and Jeremy Maclin seeing to that. Good points from Drew Brees and BenJarvus Green-Ellis and small inputs from Doucet and Evan Moore (a last minute addition), all equait to me beating my opponent by 69 points with only his kicker and defence to play.

[b']Also you may all shoot me down BUT I am actually debating trying to trade Drew Brees out and starting with Cam Newton!!![/b]

Evans Almighty might take him off your hands, as Peyton is out for a while and whilst Alex Smith is ok, he's not going to get me a ton of points....

Then again I may trust him until Peyton comes back, because having Peyton and Brees might be a slight concern for myself.

Also if Cardilac Williams gets some decent yards tonight it could see me win against Gar Glitter, and considering the injuries I have id be rather pleased :)

Might not be a bad move, 400 yards against Arizona was one thing but then 400 against the Packers! :eek:

Ryan put on 20 points extra for me last night which was the only high point in the Eagles losing, so unless Jacobs and Manningham put up 45 points between them for the Giants I should win this week.