SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Not that it matters since Donnie's team had a stormer and he's still got Eli to play tonight! :o

Yessir, my running attack is looking sooooo solid right now (although with an injury to anyone of my starters I'd be in trouble :() Not to mention Miles Austin being out for a couple of weeks now. I really could have drafted better for depth. Did anyone happen to see an offensive line out there during the Bears game? Poor Jay :o

Evans Almighty might take him off your hands' date=' as Peyton is out for a while and whilst Alex Smith is ok, he's not going to get me a ton of points....

Then again I may trust him until Peyton comes back, because having Peyton and Brees might be a slight concern for myself.

Also if Cardilac Williams gets some decent yards tonight it could see me win against Gar Glitter, and considering the injuries I have id be rather pleased :)[/quote']

Not in the league (noticed too late to sign up), but if I were you, I'd get rid of Peyton, he's definitely not coming back this year. (This coming from someone who lives in Indianapolis).

Not going great for me so far, need my players to jump into action soon. Deion Branch didn't catch a pass at all, don't know if he even played or not. Always a bit of a tricky one between him and McGahee as to who to start, but Branch was catching a lot and Moreno was active so I thought he wouldn't get the carries he did. So that's 11 points lost right there. Also, out of the blue Torrey Smith, who hadn't got a catch in either of the first two games has exploded and caught three passes for three touchdowns and 133 yards in one quarter so that's another 32 points on the bench!

Aaarrgggghh Matt Ryan' date=' every time he puts up some decent yardage he either fumbles or throws a pick to lose the points he gained. :mad:

Need some of my players to come up big soon or I'm gonna get hammered.[/quote']

At the moment, it is looking like Mendenhall is going to have to have one hell of a game to save you tomorrow!!!

That's what I'm thinking man! :D

Hopefully the Colts will carry on being pathetic and he'll have a crazy big game. :P

I hope not, I am quite impressed my rookies at the moment, but it is very ominous that theres a hell of a lot of points from your players that you have left on your bench!!!

I hope not' date=' I am quite impressed my rookies at the moment, but it is very ominous that theres a hell of a lot of points from your players that you have left on your bench!!![/quote']

Looks like I need 29.02 points from Mendenhall then, his projected points are 28.70. :D

And yeah, I got 50 points from my players and 63 on the bench! Bloody Torrey Smith, now I face the dilemma of whether I put him in next week, only for him to not get thrown to all game.

Looks like I need 29.02 points from Mendenhall then' date=' his projected points are 28.70. :D

And yeah, I got 50 points from my players and 63 on the bench! Bloody Torrey Smith, now I face the dilemma of whether I put him in next week, only for him to not get thrown to all game.[/quote']

I'd be happy to take him off of your hands :P

Man i wish i'd seen this thread sooner :(

Sorry dude, we did advertise for a fair few weeks... :o

This competition isn't going too well for me - my team is being killed by injuries, so much so that Neil Rackers is my second-highest point scorer! Wouldn't be too much of a problem if they were players I could afford to chuck away with the aim of bringing somebody else in, but it's not wise to dispose of players like Peyton Hillis and Marques Colston...

Not helping myself by making some poor choices as well, like choosing to bench Mark Ingram after two mediocre weeks on the weekend of his first touchdown. And banking on Todd Heap to have a better game against Seattle than Owen Daniels would against New Orleans... :/

Unless a half-fit Dez Bryant has a career game tonight against the 'Skins, I'm going 0 and 3... :(

Sorry dude' date=' we did advertise for a fair few weeks...[/b'] :o

Yeah i know, that's what makes it a bigger kick in the teeth :o - it must of got lost amongst all the drivel help threads :P

Definitely count me in for 2012, if you decide to run it again that is :)

Yeah i know' date=' that's what makes it a bigger kick in the teeth :o - it must [b']have[/b] got lost amongst all the drivel help threads :P

Definitely count me in for 2012, if you decide to run it again that is :)

We wouldn't allow you to compete when you're making such fundamental grammatical errors like that boy!! :D

I'll definitely keep you in mind, although won't this league just carry through to the next season? (Genuinely asking others more in the know...)

We wouldn't allow you to compete when you're making such fundamental grammatical errors like that boy!! :D

I'll definitely keep you in mind' date=' although won't this league just carry through to the next season? (Genuinely asking others more in the know...)[/quote']

I don't know what you are talking about? ;):P

Edit: Btw you've been very quiet on the NFL thread, couldn't be because of the Bear's dodgy start could it? :P

I think I may have just... only just... pipped out the W in this week's match-up, thanks to LT's performance. Brady got me points as usual, but not as near as many as he could have do to that horrific Brett Favre gun-sling parade of a show he put on. I also think this is the last week I start NoShowCinco in a long time now. It's a pick I made too early in the draft, it's not paid off yet. Contrary to that, I did say it would take about till Week 4, for NoShow to get acquainted with the Pats offence, I'm just not feeling very positive on that at the moment.

I suppose it could be worse though, could be Jay Cutler with that Bears OL. :P What's that now? 34 starts or something? Sacked 101 times (approx). :D

Decided to make a couple of moves via the waiver wire. Out goes Isaac Redman and Lee Evans, in come Kendall Hunter and Dane Sanzenbacher. The Steelers' running attack isn't looking too great this season, while Hunter should see plenty of carries in San Fran. And Evans has done nothing in Baltimore bar moving further down the depth chart thanks to Torrey Smith's performance at the weekend. Sanzenbacher has been very impressive since joining Da Bears this season as an undrafted free agent and will continue to see more of the ball with Earl Bennett still out injured.

Also noticed on the league table that I have had some bad luck running into some high-scoring opponents - I have the most points against by almost 30 points! Haven't had it easy like some...coughAdamcough...

Like Andy ive used a couple waiver's this week this the exit of Roy Williams and David Gerrard' date=' who were replaced by Kerry Collins and Victor Cruz - who has been doing well at the Giants.[/quote']

Cruz is a very astute pick up mate, he looks to have turned a corner after his poor performances in the first two matches and has bags of potential. The pressure of stepping up and filling in for Manningham seems to have done him the world of good as he played brilliantly against the Eagles on Sunday.

Cruz is a very astute pick up mate' date=' he looks to have turned a corner after his poor performances in the first two matches and has bags of potential. The pressure of stepping up and filling in for Manningham seems to have done him the world of good as he played brilliantly against the Eagles on Sunday.[/quote']

You may very well be right, but his first touchdown was the result of truly terrible Eagles tackling. Not saying that makes him a bad player, but that one play put quite a slant on his stat line for the day.