how to get a player from a club with 21 players?

I’ve found a player that I want in my English game world but the team he is at currently has 21 players so it won’t let me buy him because the squad size isn’t allowed to drop below 21. It also won’t let me include one of my players in the deal because the team isn’t managed so it has to be cash only. Do I just have to wait until that club maybe buys another player or is there another way around it?

Re: how to get a player from a club with 21 players?

I’ve found a player that I want in my English game world but the team he is at currently has 21 players so it won’t let me buy him because the squad size isn’t allowed to drop below 21. It also won’t let me include one of my players in the deal because the team isn’t managed so it has to be cash only. Do I just have to wait until that club maybe buys another player or is there another way around it?

As far as i know, there's no way around it apart from making a new account and becoming the manager then buying a few players for that team, its the same with a goalkeeper, if a club only has 2 goalkeepers then you cannot buy one if it is unmanaged! One of the worst scenarios on SM and one i think they need to change.

If its a good team e.g. Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal they will probably get taken over in a few days anyway

Guest drseanfitz

As far as i know' date=' there's no way around it apart from making a new account and becoming the manager then buying a few players for that team, its the same with a goalkeeper, if a club only has 2 goalkeepers then you cannot buy one if it is unmanaged! One of the worst scenarios on SM and one i think they need to change.

If its a good team e.g. Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal they will probably get taken over in a few days anyway[/quote']

That is against the rules and regulations though - i.e. cheating, and can result in you losing your team(s)

That is against the rules and regulations though - i.e. cheating' date=' and can result in you losing your team(s)[/quote']

That's what I mean, and it's boring and loses the novelty of the game, so i recommend you wait until someone takes over the club or the unmanaged club buys one/a number of their players back from external.

Guest drseanfitz

there is a long way to do it, but it takes about 10 weeks.

Buy a player from that plays for that team in real life, then when his TB is up put him on the transfer list, and they should put a bid in.

But 10 weeks is a long time to wait.:(

As far as i know' date=' there's no way around it apart from making a new account and becoming the manager then buying a few players for that team, its the same with a goalkeeper, if a club only has 2 goalkeepers then you cannot buy one if it is unmanaged! One of the worst scenarios on SM and one i think they need to change.

If its a good team e.g. Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal they will probably get taken over in a few days anyway[/quote']

why would you promote cheating ? it makes my blood boil when i see it.

The annoying thing is i've looked on the overview and the team has about 40 million to spend and loads of their young players are free agents. Why doesn't SM make them buy their own players that arn't currently at a club :S

Because the young players that are free agents aren't of a high enough rating, so that unmanaged club won't bid for them. If you shortlist some free agents that play for that club in real life and are of a decent rating (say 84+), that unmanaged club might bid for them. It happens regularly enough for me, sometimes in a couple of weeks, sometimes longer. I don't know if shortlisting them makes the unmanaged club act quicker or not, but it seems to be that way for me.

Because the young players that are free agents aren't of a high enough rating' date=' so that unmanaged club won't bid for them. If you shortlist some free agents that play for that club in real life and are of a decent rating (say 84+), that unmanaged club might bid for them. It happens regularly enough for me, sometimes in a couple of weeks, sometimes longer. I don't know if shortlisting them makes the unmanaged club act quicker or not, but it seems to be that way for me.[/quote']

Yeah I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day these young kids are still in this teams squad in real life. i've found some of their free agents between 82 and 84 (take in to mind this is a Div 2 team) I think that rating would do a job for them. I've shortlisted them any way so i'll just see. Thanks :).

Yeah I get what you're saying' date=' but at the end of the day these young kids are still in this teams squad in real life. i've found some of their free agents between 82 and 84 (take in to mind this is a Div 2 team) I think that rating would do a job for them. I've shortlisted them any way so i'll just see. Thanks :).[/quote']

you have to understand its to protect unmanaged clubs, i know this might sound crazy but if you buy players that play for EVERY team in your setup, i know it might sound like woah noway but hear me out. once you have that done and the transfer bans are all up now the masterplan can come into affect. what ever team you want to buy a player from, put the player you have for that team on the transfer list, (you can buy all the 75 rateds if your bothered about money) then you can sell him to that team, they have 22 players and be quick to put your bid in before anyone else. the other option is to keep your eye out for the news feed and hope they buy someone quick, unmanaged teams do buy the free agents but i don't think there is any time scale set , you see it, each week one team decides to buy a few free agents or players that play for that team that play for other teams in the setup.