New User Interface [Beta]

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

New User Interface [Beta]  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

Re: New User Interface [beta]

not really liking the beta look, in my opinion it looks as if the old version is the new improved one if you get what i'm saying

the strobe effect that is added to any player lists is terrible

and the general navigation through the "new setup" is very hard to follow compared to the "old version" which is more clearer to follow, the new message setup i find is very annoying aswell,

i understand that in beta's its mainly trial and error and obviously this isn't the final product

but the only plus point i could find in using the beta version is the tactics page

looks nicer and the scroll menu to change players in starting 11 is a good feature,as i personally don't like the drag and hold feature that you have to currently use, but on a whole i think it's a step backwards when comparing the 2

against each other, and hope they leave the "old style" option open to use if you want because if it came down to using the beta option or not playing the game at all, i'd certainly choose not to play as the new style just isn't to my liking at all

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: New User Interface [beta] Did the developers even bother testing these changes out in terms of USER PRODUCTIVITY...? The easy answer is a resounding NO, because if they did they would have q

Re: New User Interface [beta] Yes, lets make it more easier for lazy managers, take the fun out of the game, and introduce a free agent search.

Re: Riferimento: New User Interface [beta] It's quite straightforward. Click on 'Help', then click on the 'Support' tab on the window which opens. There's a list of FAQs there, and if your query is

My thoughts:

- the homepage looks jumbled with all the different colours. Changing them from standard should be optional.

- the new message facility on the old site was much clearer than on the new homepage with the little box on the right of the club.

- overview page is too cluttered.

- can't see any option to 'view all messages' which i use lots.

- brief overlay of stats on tactics screen when hovering was great, shame its not there.

However:

- love the anticipated fitness very much!

- love the tabbed way to move around your club.

- love that there is a concerns list, just need a free agents one now ;)

it's a great work in progress and with the input of everyone on here could be even better.

Thanks to the dev's for their hard work.

plus just another two little things i've noticed in the beta version

1.the hover function in the "old version" on tactics screen(tells you games played, form, scored goals, assists) is missing in the beta version

2. when on your squad list there used to be a "financial" option which would make it clearer to see your top wage earner's and any players on low contracts(ie 1 year remaining etc.) can't seem to see this option either.

and overall i think with the beta version it has made the game look more like "social networking site" rather than a football manager game

just by the outlay and the fact that it seems to be more orientated around "adding friends" extra's and so on, rather than the team/manager structure on the "older" version

and i don't know if it's just me, and this might only apply to people of a certain age group but everytime i use the beta version i can't help but think of the 80's:confused:

plus just another two little things i've noticed in the beta version

1.the hover function in the "old version" on tactics screen(tells you games played' date=' form, scored goals, assists) is missing in the beta version

2. when on your squad list there used to be a "financial" option which would make it clearer to see your top wage earner's and any players on low contracts(ie 1 year remaining etc.) can't seem to see this option either.

and overall i think with the beta version it has made the game look more like "social networking site" rather than a football manager game

just by the outlay and the fact that it seems to be more orientated around "adding friends" extra's and so on, rather than the team/manager structure on the "older" version

and i don't know if it's just me, and this might only apply to people of a certain age group but everytime i use the beta version i can't help but think of the 80's:confused:[/quote']

When you are viewing your squad, or setting tactics there is a 'views' drop down list where you can see different types of information, such as the ones you describe, it isn't too obvious to spot at first.

When you are viewing your squad' date=' or setting tactics there is a 'views' drop down list where you can see different types of information, such as the ones you describe, it isn't too obvious to spot at first.[/quote']

got ya, just had a look and yeah i see what you mean, in the colour block at the top which includes your team name, it has "view" at the direct other end and the financial bit is in there, very hard to tell it is infact a menu button though, thanks for pointing it out, glad that function hasn't been forgotten then afterall

This has to be a bug? My players had a game yesterday and today most of them have fitness levels of around 94 percent' date=' my RB is 98%! meaning most of them have gained at least 20% in one night. Im not complaining though![/quote']

read back a bit mate , the new interface shows the predicted match fitness for the next match instead of increasing like the old one did. This way people can set there tattics for the next game whenever they want instead of having to do it on the day of the match :) not a bug just the new way!

read back a bit mate ' date=' the new interface shows the predicted match fitness for the next match instead of increasing like the old one did. This way people can set there tattics for the next game whenever they want instead of having to do it on the day of the match :) not a bug just the new way![/quote']

Yeh I changed my post. I realised it could be abug cause when I clicked on them, it showed different. Cheers for letting me know.

I don't know if someone asked this but I'm going to anyway. When doing your tactics how can you drag players from reserves to your starting line-up/subs? All I can do at the moment is drag players from sub to starting XI. I know you can edit your team by using the drop down menu by the players name, but I prefer the drag and drop...

The new interface looks cluttered and clumsy. They're trying to fit too much on the home page.

I don't seem to be able to get to the 'all messages' screen. It just keeps redirecting to the Club Overview page

:(

I'm totally with you. I really don't like the new message style. Its too small and they don't give any information. I don't want to click on every single message every single time, just to find out what that message really means. I would love to have the view messages screen back or a change to the current messaging system, so I don't have to click on each of them to see them completely. :)

Re: New Features & Improvements

No it doesn't' date=' it takes one click. You click 'clear squad' just above your first player on the left hand side, and your entire squad is cleared.[/quote']

It did until I read the few posts with the clear squad button:o

Thanks for the help!

Have to also mention I dislike the new message system. I find it to small for the amount it is used.

I can't figure out a way to get to the forum from the new home page' date=' or any club page. Its probably just me being dumb, but if its buried somewhere I think it should be a prominent link.[/quote']

You're right the link to the forum is buried

Home > Community > Forum tab

Come to think of it....there doesn't appear to be a link from here to the game...unless thats buried too

Re: New Features & Improvements

I think on the home page it'd be better if the teams are better organised. For example' date=' all my English Championsip teams in order from top to bottom on the dates they were made followed by Europeans then Golds. As a gold manager i find it annoying having my normal gws mixed up with my gold ones. Just a thought.[/quote']

.... subscribing to this ideea .... there could be helpful to be better organized or even better to be able to move the position yourself :) afterall is only a text box.

I would like to star by saying that i like the new site i like the new features, good job sm dev. Although i have a problem, and i apologize if it has already been brought up: it seems that in the tactics page is not showing the players right condition, for exam: in tactics page aguero's condition is 100% but when i click the players profile is only showing 69%. Is this a bug and happening to me or has other managers experienced this?

Thanks