New User Interface [Beta]

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

New User Interface [Beta]  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

Re: New User Interface [beta]

Ive just spent an hour trying to get used to and trying to give this new interface a chance and i really dont like it. Please SM give us the choice to change it back to what it was' date=' Really is a case of if it wasnt broke to me.:([/quote']

Ditto every word! - Was fine as it was! Really annoys me :eek::(:(:(:(:(:mad:

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: New User Interface [beta] Did the developers even bother testing these changes out in terms of USER PRODUCTIVITY...? The easy answer is a resounding NO, because if they did they would have q

Re: New User Interface [beta] Yes, lets make it more easier for lazy managers, take the fun out of the game, and introduce a free agent search.

Re: Riferimento: New User Interface [beta] It's quite straightforward. Click on 'Help', then click on the 'Support' tab on the window which opens. There's a list of FAQs there, and if your query is

Kyon25252525252Bfacepalm3.png

Did the developers even bother testing these changes out in terms of USER PRODUCTIVITY...?

The easy answer is a resounding NO, because if they did they would have quickly realized that they have increased the number of clicks per session exponentially.

I'll give one example area... MESSAGES.

1. Historical Messages: First off it is entirely bad enough that they have deleted most of the historical club messages that many of us were keeping (now limiting it to 2 measly weeks), but the time and effort required to wade through the various messages is now completely unrealistic. Let us see our historical messages that we were saving.
  2. Deleting Messages: At least before they had a batch function in there where you could select multiple messages and delete them all at once. Now we have to click on the X button for each messages. Not terrible, until you realize that you have to wait for each message to delete until you can delete the next one. Unbelievably time consuming.
  3. Viewing the Message Content: What the hell were they thinking with this one...? At least before, they presented all of the message content front and center for the User to read. Now you have to click on each message just to see what the content is. Huh ? That is about as boneheaded as it gets. The Devs just limited the amount of info that they are presenting on the Users and are requiring the Users to make multiple clicks just to get the information. If they wanted to be clever, what they should have done was when you scroll over the abridged message on the left that the full message would appear on the right. (head-shake) Way to massively DECREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY on here. What were they thinking...?

What a joke...

If they wanted to tackle a real problems on here

1. They would have tried to figure out a solution to changing the massive amounts of pages that we have to wade through when we run any kind of Search on here.
  2. They would have added new parameters to Searching through loan/transfer lists.
  3. They would have increased the amount of Stats that we can see about a player for a certain season.
  4. They would have added Barca's 4-1-2-3 formation to the Match-Day Tactics.
  5. They would have done away with the "Wage Concern" and given credit to those managers who actually smartly sign players to young cheap contracts, rather than taking that aspect out of the game completely.
  6. They would have tackled the Match Engine issues.

In any event, I hope they give us an option to revert back to the Old UI. It shouldn't be that difficult...

JC

And is it just me or does this new version seem SOOOOOOOOOO much more Rigid and Constricting. It's not pleasant to use at all. There is nothing seamless or effortless or intuitive about it.

I have a feeling that the Display Advertising is the main reason for these changes. That SM wanted more Ad real estate further up on the left hand of the pages. Well they got it... and in turn decreased the productivity on here for every User.

EDIT: And I shudder to think what this is SM experience is going to be like on my iPhone and Android devices.

Did the developers even bother testing these changes out in terms of USER PRODUCTIVITY...?

The easy answer is a resounding NO' date=' because if they did they would have quickly realized that they have increased the number of clicks per session exponentially.

[b']I'll give one example area... MESSAGES.[/b]

1. Historical Messages: First off it is entirely bad enough that they have deleted most of the historical club messages that many of us were keeping (now limiting it to 2 measly weeks), but the time and effort required to wade through the various messages is now completely unrealistic. Let us see our historical messages that we were saving.
  2. Deleting Messages: At least before they had a batch function in there where you could select multiple messages and delete them all at once. Now we have to click on the X button for each messages. Not terrible, until you realize that you have to wait for each message to delete until you can delete the next one. Unbelievably time consuming.
  3. Viewing the Message Content: What the hell were they thinking with this one...? At least before, they presented all of the message content front and center for the User to read. Now you have to click on each message just to see what the content is. Huh ? That is about as boneheaded as it gets. The Devs just limited the amount of info that they are presenting on the Users and are requiring the Users to make multiple clicks just to get the information. If they wanted to be clever, what they should have done was when you scroll over the abridged message on the left that the full message would appear on the right. (head-shake) Way to massively DECREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY on here. What were they thinking...?

What a joke...

1. They would have tried to figure out a solution to changing the massive amounts of pages that we have to wade through when we run any kind of Search on here.
  2. They would have added new parameters to Searching through loan/transfer lists.
  3. They would have increased the amount of Stats that we can see about a player for a certain season.
  5. They would have done away with the "Wage Concern" and given credit to those managers who actually smartly sign players to young cheap contracts, rather than taking that aspect out of the game completely.

In any event, I hope they give us an option to revert back to the Old UI. It shouldn't be that difficult...

JC

My god, it's shocking your not on the SM team. Us users can totally relate to your bantering and ideas. SM needs to listen to the problems of us users, just like how a good prime minister listen's to a nation's problems and all.

The easy answer is a resounding NO' date=' because if they did they would have quickly realized that they have increased the number of clicks per session exponentially.

What a joke...

JC

Brillantly put! Kudos to you! Come on Devs, Whats the crack? Will there be an option to change back from this DE-provement or will we have to just like it or lump it?

Deleting Messages: At least before they had a batch function in there where you could select multiple messages and delete them all at once. Now we have to click on the X button for each messages. Not terrible' date=' until you realize that you have to wait for each message to delete until you can delete the next one. Unbelievably time consuming.[/quote']

You could always click View > Delete All

My god' date=' it's shocking your not on the SM team. Us users can totally relate to your bantering and ideas. SM needs to listen to the problems of us users, just like how a good prime minister listen's to a nation's problems and all.[/quote']

While they have plenty of customers WHY LISTEN?

I have a sneaking feeling this is the end of the rise & the begginning of the fall for SM. Too many decisions are made for SM benefit & not for their customers. I will NOT be re-newing my gold membership & I may not use up 200+ days I have left unless this interface stops giving me headaches!

What a joke...

JC

Absolutely spot on, couldn't of put it better.

i have been a gold member on this site since i was 16, im now 25!!!!! i love this site, its become an integral part of my life, sad i know.

To force a new interface on us that hasn't even been fully thought through is terrible and pretty much guarantees i will defo be going back to just pro. i am not paying money for something that does not work again. simple as that really.

deleting the messages takes forever, even veiwing them is hard work.

At least give your loyal paying members the option to keep the old one.

there are so much things that could have been improved, but instead u ruined something fantastic!!!! why??????????

when i log in now i feel like a kid logging into some kiddy game now, instead of an adult logging into a Football manager site. looks like ill be looking for something else to do then huh.

basically put, the new interface is absolutley rubbish.

Riferimento: Re: New User Interface [beta]

What a joke...

JC

I HAD to add you rep fpr this commente. Absolutely Spot on! Couldnt have explained it better!

They should do the same way as the sportgfx forum does, just put at the bottom of the page a Tab where you choose the graphic to use.

I hate these immature colours, and the way the contents are crowded now

I want to switch to old interface, It was easier to navigate and go to where I want to be, player profiles much better and making offers and checking the mail was easier

this is a bad one ... give me the option to chose from old or new because I want to pick the old

Re: Riferimento: Re: New User Interface [beta]

I HAD to add you rep fpr this commente. Absolutely Spot on! Couldnt have explained it better!

They should do the same way as the sportgfx forum does' date=' just put at the bottom of the page a Tab where you choose the graphic to use.[/quote']

Yes I want the same option, to use old not the new...

This one is horrible, so hard to go to the page I want to go to (more clicks not slower)

I am used to the older one, I tried the beta and didnt like it and switch to the old,,, now the beta is the current template, I need the older one

I cannot see a direct link to the forum on this REVOLTING changes, can anyone advise please?

Does ANYONE directly involved with SM EVER respond to genuine concerns/questions/suggestions on these forums?

Does ANYONE directly involved with SM EVER actually note these genuine concerns/questions/suggestions if they contain genuine improvements?

EDIT!

Why on earth do we have to go through comminity to access the forum?

It is total stupidity!

A forum is normally viewed as the lifeblood of any game, it's importance recognised by easy, repeat EASY access to it.

If you just have a few teams it isn't too bad' date=' but I have a load of teams and it is just far too slow to access the features I want. Please let us access the old interface.[/quote']

I have 19 teams, 18 in gold setups, I have to click more to go where I want to go... this is not a user friendly system or template or theme

I want old one

Riferimento: New User Interface [beta]

Teh odl inferface imo was prefect, its was rather simple but very effective, teh colour werent kid-like, the access to everything was quite fast and clear.

Now with this new interface, everything seems squared.. The graphics might be more modern, but they arent what a soccer game needs, as many said, many option are now way longer to get to, because of the more clicks, the stuff with the messages is quite scandalous etc.

SM should have just worked on the old graphics, keeping the interface, whilts adding some of the new stuff.

RIght now, i feel the graphics look childish, the colours are too much in the spolight, the setup of the interface seems wrong, and it also become too long.

Im really disappointed, never liked it, sinces it was beta, infact tried once, and then never used it again, having this new setup is a joke,

I dont want new stylish complicated graphics, i want simple, basic, nice looking graphics, that able me to do what i pay or just enjoy, and that is making transfers, imrpoving my teams, making the tactics etc. and i dont need this kind of 'modern' looking graphic, as it really makes me want to quit the game.

i can't find for the life of me, the player statistics and financial status (player salary).

For players who are managing big clubs with lots of youngsters, we depend heavily on these 2 sheets to rotate play time and wage balance.

edit: found it after 2 hours. tells you alot about usability huh..

Hello SM,

I don't come here often, so you may guess that this New Interface is very irritating.

I appreciate that you are trying out smoother interface but in the name of sophistication, all it has done is increase the click count.

Messages, Tactics have all gone haywire and it's not pleasing to eye as well.

Please get back to Old Interface.

I set one of my teams up earlier and was not a pleasant experience, I used to love the simplicity of it all, Now just seems hard work. I'm dreading setting up my bulk of teams for Saturdays matches, Something which i used to enjoy!

The only good thing about this DE-provement is the concerns transfer list but even that is hard work to find.:(

This is now not for Meercats....LOL