• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Football Manager 2012 Valencia It's taken three seasons, but finally I've managed to do something with Valencia and my oh my was it extraodinary The 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons saw us

Re: Football Manager 2012 So i figured i'd do my tactic intro here first Arsenal Invincibles II Background So as a Arsenal fan since I was extremely small there was one team that I really will

Re: Football Manager 2012 FINALLY DONE IT!!!! Maine Road Season One (2011-12) - North West Counties Premier Division - 1st (111 points) Season Two (2012-13) - Evo-Stik League Division One Nor

Re: Football Manager 2012

Why do clubs like Benfica only have like two players that "you could buy"?. I'm in 2016 as Reading and my main team is now brilliant regen's but I'm starting to get bored. Considering resigning and taking on another club in League 2 on this save and try and get them back up! Buy Doumbia if you can he's unbeliveable good. Hooper isn't bad for an Everton or so ;). Lewis Dunk is now an England International and dominating strikers . Johnny Russell would a awesome signing for any Championship club that could afford him! :D

Team

Vermeer

Sanz Dunk Burgess Dixon

Cairney Harthway

Greizman Russel

Doumbia Gray

Started as Tottenham as i support them, bought Samba , was my only signing till Jan, then bought Charlie Adam and Adam Johnson on the cheap, Finshed 2nd in my first season. 2nd Season bought Adebayor and César Azpilicueta, last game of the season i was 2nd two points behind City and had to play City . Drew so finished 2nd again. Ferguson retired so i declared interest in the job and Levy asked me to resign, i refused and said sorry and he said it was ok. United gave me the job so to teach Levy a lession, i signed ALL my backroom staff and bought Defoe, he'd scored 20+goals a season for me at Spurs for 13m, needed a CM/AM so guess who i bought ? Tevez for 8m, although i get a red dot on the tactics page because he's out of position he is my best performing player. (although im retraining him he's since gone orange) i'm top of the league two points clear from Liiverpool . Only problem is they are losing 8m a month. Will to wait till Jan to sell LOTS of dead wood to balance the books.

Started as Tottenham as i support them' date=' bought Samba , was my only signing till Jan, then bought Charlie Adam and Adam Johnson on the cheap, Finshed 2nd in my first season. 2nd Season bought Adebayor and César Azpilicueta, last game of the season i was 2nd two points behind City and had to play City . Drew so finished 2nd again. [b']Ferguson retired so i declared interest in the job[/b] and Levy asked me to resign, i refused and said sorry and he said it was ok. United gave me the job so to teach Levy a lession, i signed ALL my backroom staff and bought Defoe, he'd scored 20+goals a season for me at Spurs for 13m, needed a CM/AM so guess who i bought ? Tevez for 8m, although i get a red dot on the tactics page because he's out of position he is my best performing player. (although im retraining him he's since gone orange) i'm top of the league two points clear from Liiverpool . Only problem is they are losing 8m a month. Will to wait till Jan to sell LOTS of dead wood to balance the books.

Am I the only one who fails to understand where your moral high ground was?

Hyde:

Season 1 - Conf North - 1st (84 Points)

Season 2 - Conference - 10th (70 Points)

Season 3 - Conference - ...

Got a good few hours to play Football Manager as I haven't played in around a month so I should be able to get some good games done tonight.

I'm currently lying 3rd in the table after 18 games winning 11, drawing 5 and losing 3. This is a brilliant start to a season considering how we did last season. I'm really happy with some of the players I have bought for this team and I need to keep up this form which I can't see happening.

Alright, so before/during/after any match me (or the assistant) give an honest opinion on how I (he) thinks/thought we should play/how we played. However all season when I've told the players something, it always says 'looked to switch off', or I might get the odd 'looks relaxed' on one or two players. Does anybody know what's causing them to switch off after anything I say to them? It's really annoying, and any help would be much appreciated :)

Alright' date=' so before/during/after any match me (or the assistant) give an honest opinion on how I (he) thinks/thought we should play/how we played. However all season when I've told the players something, it always says 'looked to switch off', or I might get the odd 'looks relaxed' on one or two players. Does anybody know what's causing them to switch off after anything I say to them? It's really annoying, and any help would be much appreciated :)[/quote']

Well what are you saying to them?

Well what are you saying to them?

Exactly what I think. If were playing weaker opposition we should easily be beating I tell them to relax in a calm voice for example. Nothing clicks with them though, no matter what I say! Even when I leave it to the assistant they do it.

I'm playing as Everton btw.

Exactly what I think. If were playing weaker opposition we should easily be beating I tell them to relax in a calm voice for example. Nothing clicks with them though' date=' no matter what I say! Even when I leave it to the assistant they do it.

I'm playing as Everton btw.[/quote']

Don't tell them to relax then :confused: - be aggressive/assertive and tell them exactly what you think if they're not playing well enough.

Don't tell them to relax then :confused: - be aggressive/assertive and tell them exactly what you think if they're not playing well enough.

I've tried it before, but they seem to play best when their relaxed. Tbh, it mostly occurs when they've played great in the game rather than when they don't which is why it's annoying. If I was feeding them a load of you know what, then fair enough, but I'm telling them what any other manager would. If they won the match and fully deserved to, then I'd tell them in a passionate tone that it was a good win. Yet still they turn off. It's a loss/loss situation really when I speak to them.

Just finished my first season with Everton. My target was to finish in the top half and in the first half of the season it was like watching the real life Everton play as I just couldn't score enough, found it hard to keep clean sheets and just couldn't get a run of form going. In January I was looking for a striker for around £1m so I signed Leigh Griffiths and he got off to a brilliant start getting 2 hat tricks in his first three games and one of them was in the Merseyside Derby:D He finished the season with 17 goals and him along with the emergence of Jose Baxter, Magaye Gueye and Ross Barkley meant I finished the season in 6th place and I also managed to win the FA Cup in a 3-2 victory with Leighton Baines scoring a winner in the 87th minute.

Not looking to make to many changes to my side as my midfield has a lot of young talented players in Barkley, Rodwell, Gueye and Felliani. However I will be looking for another striker as I will loose Straqualursi due to his loan expiring and Saha is getting on a bit and I also need to replace Drenthe as his loan is also expiring and although he is out of contract he doesn't want to stay at the club.

Really enjoying this Everton save, after winning the FA Cup I followed it up with a 5-0 victory over Manchester United in the Community Shield however it was a weakened squad due to a lot of their better players being at the Olympics.

My current team:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Salvio Rodwell Felliani Hoilett

Barkley

Borini

Subs: Mucha, Gueye, Neville, Falque, Griffiths, Yobo and Cahill

Hyde:

Season 1 - Conf North - 1st (84 Points)

Season 2 - Conference - 10th (70 Points)

Season 3 - Conference - ...

I am top of the league at the moment with Hyde and I've been approached by BRISTOL CITY. Wow considering I'm in the Conference it's wierd to get the offer but for the fact that I am a Hyde FC fan and that I go and see them every week I will stay with them.

I've tried it before' date=' but they seem to play best when their relaxed. Tbh, it mostly occurs when they've played great in the game rather than when they don't which is why it's annoying. If I was feeding them a load of you know what, then fair enough, but I'm telling them what any other manager would. If they won the match and fully deserved to, then I'd tell them in a passionate tone that it was a good win. Yet still they turn off. It's a loss/loss situation really when I speak to them.[/quote']

I always tell them to relax, its the only talk that gives green arrows, if they are losing at half time , i tell them i expect more, dont forget if you give your team talk and it has negative effects sometimes a personal talk to the individual turns the red arrow green again, as you can tell by my forum name, im from Preston too. I'm braggin here but check out my only team, Barca in 19790, should have a billion pound squad by the end of the season...