Getting a new club.

Am I the only person on here who thinks it's too difficult to get a new club? Let me explain...

On the 'Add new club' screen you have, on the left handside, a column of gameworlds starting a new season. I very rarely catch sight of a BRAND NEW gameworld in this section. There should be new gameworlds here all the time, surely. I mean, they're starting new seasons right? They fall under the category, yet they are barely ever there, IF ever.

In the middle section of the page is up coming gameworlds, where we can reserve clubs etc. Fair enough, it's good because it shows you those that are coming soon for days at a time, so there is plenty of room to reserve (if you can get past the pain-in-the-butt order screen).

BUT. The one flaw with this section is that, when you refresh the page, the latest opening gameworld DISAPPEARS completely when it is time for it to open. It doesn't get transfered to the 'new season gameworld' section, oh no. That's much too simple.

In the end the only way I can possibly find it is choosing the correct search perameters in the 'Search Club' section and MANUALLY trawling through endless pages of gameworlds, that are in random order, to have any hope of finding the gameworld I so desire. And I can only do that if I memorise the number of the gameworld and somehow find it.

Am I the only person who has this problem? Because seriously, it is such a pain. Even if there is an easy way to get a new club-one that might make me look stupid-it isn't very clear.

Re: Getting a new club.

Am I the only person on here who thinks it's too difficult to get a new club? Let me explain...

On the 'Add new club' screen you have' date=' on the left handside, a column of gameworlds starting a new season. I very rarely catch sight of a BRAND NEW gameworld in this section. There should be new gameworlds here all the time, surely. I mean, they're starting new seasons right? They fall under the category, yet they are barely ever there, IF ever.

In the middle section of the page is up coming gameworlds, where we can reserve clubs etc. Fair enough, it's good because it shows you those that are coming soon for days at a time, so there is plenty of room to reserve (if you can get past the pain-in-the-butt order screen).

BUT. The one flaw with this section is that, when you refresh the page, the latest opening gameworld DISAPPEARS completely when it is time for it to open. It doesn't get transfered to the 'new season gameworld' section, oh no. That's much too simple.

In the end the only way I can possibly find it is choosing the correct search perameters in the 'Search Club' section and MANUALLY trawling through endless pages of gameworlds, that are in random order, to have any hope of finding the gameworld I so desire. And I can only do that if I memorise the number of the gameworld and somehow find it.

Am I the only person who has this problem? Because seriously, it is such a pain. Even if there is an easy way to get a new club-one that might make me look stupid-it isn't very clear.[/quote']

easy way around it.

Go to upcoming worlds. For Example, EC 7888 is the next English Champ in the queue, simply search for English Championship 7887, and it will be a brand new season.

Not exactly rocket science

easy way around it.

Go to upcoming worlds. For Example' date=' EC 7888 is the next English Champ in the queue, simply search for English Championship 7887, and it will be a brand new season.

Not exactly rocket science[/quote']

I probably could have been more observant, but why is the search box so small, and at the bottom of the page? It could do with swapping places with the ID search, which somehow strikes me as a search tool that wouldn't be used as much.

Not much need for the rocket science comment, really. Easy mistake to make.

I probably could have been more observant' date=' but why is the search box so small, and at the bottom of the page? It could do with swapping places with the ID search, which somehow strikes me as a search tool that wouldn't be used as much.

Not much need for the rocket science comment, really. Easy mistake to make.[/quote']

well I just would've thought that it would be blindingly obvious that brand new game worlds would be starting a brand new season? But I dunno....

And people now a days come onto the forum asking things before they look. That's what I felt you were doing. Would take a tiny bit of initiative and two minutes of looking to solve it yourself. Things like people coming on asking people to tell them what players are good is pointless - it takes the point of management away. Granted that's a different topic but it's the same principle, look before asking easy questions. Take it how you want but that's what it feels like

well I just would've thought that it would be blindingly obvious that brand new game worlds would be starting a brand new season? But I dunno....

I'm not sure you can comprehend what I'm saying.

The point I was making is that brand new gameworlds starting brand new seasons don't seem to appear in the 'New Season Game Worlds' section very often, and I think they should be transferred there the moment they open. I have tried refreshing the page when they are due to open and I exit the page and re-enter it but they never seem to show.

I know that 'brand new game worlds would be starting brand new season.' What I'm saying is that you can't find them without manually searching for them. They count as starting new seasons, so why don't they appear in the new seasons section? Do you know what I'm getting at now? Maybe I'm just unlucky, but this problem I have seems to happen way too often to be mere coincidence.

I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from, but I genuinely did not notice the small search tool right at the bottom of the new club page. I didn't post this question without looking first. I posted this question, I admit, without being observant enough.

I know how anal people can be on this forum, so I don't ask questions without thinking about it. I'm surprised I haven't recieved more of a grilling because I probably 'posted this in the wrong section,' as some people would put it. But to be honest I don't care.

I thought the whole point of a forum was for people to discuss things that interest them, and to help others if they have queries etc. not to complain about the questions they ask.

I'm not sure you can comprehend what I'm saying.

The point I was making is that brand new gameworlds starting brand new seasons don't seem to appear in the 'New Season Game Worlds' section very often' date=' and I think they should be transferred there the moment they open. I have tried refreshing the page when they are due to open and I exit the page and re-enter it but they never seem to show.

[b']i don't think this would be a good idea, why move the same list (basically) just to a different place on the same page

the "new season starters" is their to advertise current ongoing league's that frankly need all the advertising they can get, to get new blood into their respective setup's

and the problem you have brought up regarding "the finding of new starter leagues" well it's kind of self explainitory really, you look at the upcoming opening leagues, then enter -1 or whatever into the search engine

to get them to appear

i mean really think about it, if it was done the way you suggest, would any older leagues get a look in or even be found, as regards to new managers joining? i think not because whats easier to find at the start of a season, a club

just opened(game world) or randomly going through thousands of leagues to find one that is starting at 2nd season 3 season etc.

[/b]

I know that 'brand new game worlds would be starting brand new season.' What I'm saying is that you can't find them without manually searching for them. They count as starting new seasons, so why don't they appear in the new seasons section? Do you know what I'm getting at now? Maybe I'm just unlucky, but this problem I have seems to happen way too often to be mere coincidence.

I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from, but I genuinely did not notice the small search tool right at the bottom of the new club page. I didn't post this question without looking first. I posted this question, I admit, without being observant enough.

I know how anal people can be on this forum, so I don't ask questions without thinking about it. I'm surprised I haven't recieved more of a grilling because I probably 'posted this in the wrong section,' as some people would put it. But to be honest I don't care.

I thought the whole point of a forum was for people to discuss things that interest them, and to help others if they have queries etc. not to complain about the questions they ask.

smart move, ask for help, then tell the same group of peeps that could help/answer your question, that you don't care for there remarks

really going to get helpful people with statememnts like that

and as to the issue of it being a "helpful forum" i find it is

but like everything some people abuse it and expect to be spoon fed

this is what i figure rugger is getting at, like you said yourself you didn't look properly, i've done this many times myself, or been notified that i've overlooked something(maybe the same thing) but i don't then in return say things like "well i don't come on here much anyway's because your all anal anyway's and blah blah

because who's that helping? not the question asker for sure.

i've bolded what i've wrote into your quote so its more broken down

and actually just to add i've just looked at the list in question(as i just responded without checking it), to see again what you are refering too, as tbh i don't really check that list very often,

but it actually does contain leagues in the first season just about to start(ie next turn is 1st game of the season , not a friendly)

examples are w'c leagues 11188 and w'c 11187,

so i just reckon you've been checking at times when there not on their for whatever reason, but again this is why there are search engines on the same page to deal with these issues

because you can't expect every single league to be listed on one page just sitting there for whatever reason it would take up too much space

and actually just to add i've just looked at the list in question(as i just responded without checking it)' date=' to see again what you are refering too, as tbh i don't really check that list very often,

but it actually does contain leagues in the first season just about to start(ie next turn is 1st game of the season , not a friendly)

examples are w'c leagues 11188 and w'c 11187,

so i just reckon you've been checking at times when there not on their for whatever reason, but again this is why there are search engines on the same page to deal with these issues

because you can't expect every single league to be listed on one page just sitting there for whatever reason it would take up too much space[/quote']

I only said I don't care if someone accuses me of posting this thread in the 'wrong section.' The reason I brought that up is that I realised this thread may have been more suited to the 'Help Section,' because I pretty much was asking for help on the matter.

But nowhere did I say that I don't care for people's remarks in general. That would be stupid, because if that was the case, I wouldn't post a thing myself. Oh and I'm not saying 'your all anal anyway's,' I'm saying that some people are, and it really grinds my gears (always wanted to use that saying). I'm not trying to be rude; just honest about what I think. That sometimes means I'll be really blunt, too. I probably overreacted to Ruggermad's rocket science remark, but at the time it seemed a bit rude.

Anyway... I don't expect every single league to be listed on one page. I'm not stupid enough to think that's practical in any way. BUT I do think it would be a little easier if brand new gameworlds were, perhaps just for half an hour, put in the new season section straight away. That's not going to hurt older setups in any way because let's be honest, some are a lost cause.

I'm all for trying to fill up two year old gameworlds etc but there are just too many club hoppers out there, and there will be plenty of people unwilling to take up some challenges that older leagues pose. I have entered old setups lots of times, and have had some success. In some way they can be more fun to play than new ones. But nothing beats getting a brand new club and building them up from scratch.

Yes, annoyingly enough I too noticed some new setups in the new season section after my first two posts. That just had to happen after my rant, I suppose.

At the end of the day, I just prefer certain things to be straight forward, and if the easiest way to get into a new setup is by using the search tool at the bottom of a rather large page, it's not as straight forward as it could be.

• 4 weeks later...