Re: Samuel Eto'o

If he plays well and scores alot i don't think he will drop. SM can only really drop someone if there not playing or there level of performance is below that of the rating the play acquires. So if Eto'o was to score a goal a game or what not he would still keep his rating as why should SM drop him off playing so well?

However i doubt he will be a goal a game man in Russia so SM will probably drop him based on how well he plays there (like all players are rated) he will go -1 if he's still performing as the best or one of the best in the league , -2 if he's still playing well but looking just a part of a good bunch , -3 if he's looking ordinary in a league which is seemingly capped at 91. However i think the -3 would be harsh even if he did play dreadful!

In all honesty if you're in a quite noncompetitive gameworld and can wait things out a bit , have a wait until the end of the window and see if he remains in Italy or heads out to Russia , if he then heads out to Russia see how he does over he's first few games and way up having an 94/95 rated Eto'o playing i Russia over the replacements you could potentially bring in.

If it's a competitive set up trying anchor a deal for him now , it's not worth taking the above risk in a set up where the market is tight and deals are hard to come by , try and get a two for one deal or straight swap for a player who's future is safer (e.g Aguero).

If anything at the moment Eto'o's value is lowest it has been as a 96 to other SM managers after the revealing of this potential deal in real life so be warned in game managers will be less likely wanting to take him on in a deal which doesn't benefit them , although you could hopefully find someone who isn't aware of Eto'o's roumered moved , hope I've helped

Thanks for the help' date=' ive tried to try sound out some sort of swap deals with some managers but nothing worth my while

I could try get Busquets for Eto'o, would that be an ok deal for me long term?[/quote']

Ashh put forward what in my eyes is one of the best responses to a question that could be possible. He is on the ball, not just about that player, but in general about players who forumers may have a doubt of.

Busquets for Eto'o would be a great long term deal. One players age is 30, and I hate ageism, and joining the Russian league may see his rating drop like a stone. Albeit, not too hard or too fast. More like a stone that skips across the water. Or a plop! Who knows.

Busquets is a quality player, and if you are afraid of the plop coming too soon, plop!, then do it. But if you need a striker to bang in them goals for the next 6 months, which is a long time on SM, then do it.

Think of SM years as dog years and you will succeed on the game. :)

No matter how good he plays, Eto'o will drop in ratings fast. It is for the sole fact that a player of his calibre is not being tested in one of the "big" leagues anymore. Just look at players like Ronaldinho, will always be a legend but SM-wise he has dropped considerably and will probably more. Get rid of Eto'o as soon as possible if I were you while he is still 96. I managed to get Aguero (albeit external, the last decent player in my setup because the manager left and the team sold him back to Atletico Madrid). If you can get Busquets, that is a great deal for you! :)

When the Eto'o to Russia rumors started I immediately bid him +8M for each of the following strikers: Ibra, Higuain, Villa, Aguero and Torres. I believe there is a ratings cap of 91 in the Russian league if im not mistaken. I would expect Eto'o to go 94/93 in the first ratings change in Russia and then 92/91 in the second. within a year i would expect him to be a 92/91 (i only give him a chance at staying 92 because Bruno Alves kept his 92 through one ratings change i believe.

Im going to try and get Busquets & Bojan for him from a manager in the gameworld' date=' if he dosent take that i might ask for toure and bojan

They are both good deals surely?[/quote']

I think you'll be lucky enough to get Busquets on his own but if you can get Bojan as well that would be one great deal! Toure (I'm assuming Yaya) is solid at Man City and may get a rise and Bojan should have a bright future ahead of him. Good deal long term but possibly could get better.

I can sell for £33mill (new club just bid for him) or try a swap deal for Ibrahimovic (non-competitive setup)' date=' which should I do?[/quote']

If you can get talent like the obvious Neymar, Gotze etc. but if you can't, I would swap for Ibra as his rating is safe I believe (more stable than Eto'o anyway!)