New Drafting League - VACANCY

Kazzer

I will be creating a new custom inspired by the brilliant but ill-fated SMEL.

I am needing committed cooperative and active managers involved. The setup is open to anyone who fills this criteria, however those forumers who were involved in SMEL and still active will be given priority selection.

The setup will consist of the 16 highest value clubs. Season 1 will be a one off custom in itself, "The 70 rated challenge", as every single player from each team will be sold off and replaced with players with a rating of 70.

Throughout Season 1 the draft selection will take place on the forum ala SMEL, and by the start of season 2 everyone should be able to buy their initial team of drafted players.

Further details will be given and discussed once all 16 managers have been selected.

If you would like to join this unique league then make your interest known here.

CONFIRMED 15/16:

Arfon

Ashh

DerbyPower

Dermo

drseanfitz

Gozzy

Jenks

jr231990

Kazzer

Kensational

Shack

Stifler

StuartH

Stubbsy127

Zakkoo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: New Drafting League

I was municipal (took over near the end of smell) and I would love to be apart of this :) sounds like a great twist on what smell was all about and makes the idea more releastic and enjoyable :)

If you want me in , I'm most certaintly up for it! :D

So far there are 12 managers confirmed, leaving only 4 spaces left to fill.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest so far, as stated previously those who participated in SMEL have priority selection. Beyond that i will only be able to select the most active forumers that i know are reliable, so apologies in advance to anyone who doesn't get in but in a setup like this i have to be really selective with who i choose.

Interested :) May I suggest as short a season as possible?

This. It might be fun playing with 70's for a while, but people want to embrace the drafting process as quickly as possible, that's what made SMEL what it is/was...

We're having 16 teams, so I guess we'll have two divisions of 8 teams? That seems good, seasons would be as short as possible. :)

And we're having transfer windows I suppose? We would make the drafts on the forum and proceed with the respective signings in the transfer windows.

This. It might be fun playing with 70's for a while' date=' but people want to embrace the drafting process as quickly as possible, that's what made SMEL what it is/was...

We're having 16 teams, so I guess we'll have two divisions of 8 teams? That seems good, seasons would be as short as possible. :)

And we're having transfer windows I suppose? We would make the drafts on the forum and proceed with the respective signings in the transfer windows.[/quote']

The 70 rated thing is really just a gimmick, something to run on the side whilst the draft is taking place. The problem i see with really short seasons is in the actual length the draft itself will take to complete. As with SMEL the draft took forever to complete, and although this will be a lot quicker to do than that i still cant be sure how long it will take.

Nothing is set in stone yet though so once we have all 16 managers confirmed we can all discuss things like this together and see what the majority think is best :)

Unlucky number 13 Stu you are doomed from the start :D

And no you cant suggest that :P

Though you can give me your reasoning behind the suggestion ;)

Say you have 16 teams in two 8 team leagues. That's still 14 turns + the off-season which is roughly equal to 2 months. I reckon we should be able to draft 336 players (the bare minimum) in that time (5/6 a day). Don't want to play with 70s forever...

And we're having transfer windows I suppose? We would make the drafts on the forum and proceed with the respective signings in the transfer windows.

Is there any point? Why not sign as you draft from the start of season 2 onwards? Or even during season 1...