New Drafting League - VACANCY

Kazzer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: New Drafting League

I think Zak may be correct on this one.

if we have teams of an average 70 then players rated over 80 will refuse to join us.

there are a couple of ways round this. We could do an initial round or two of drafts(If I pick Ronaldo and say Zak has him' date=' then he could sell him to me at CV) and see from there. bt the problem with that is we are left at a deadend if it doesn't work.

another way would be to maybe do a 'supplemental draft', wereby we draft from the external squads only for 10-15 players, there will be a LOT of good players outside the selected sides. This then gives us something to do draftwise from the off, and means we should be able to sign the higher rated players.

These are just quick ideas, I'm sure they'll be others as well.

ALSO - what is the gen re new players to the database - can people draft them before they are added, as they did in SMEL, and if not, in the interest of fairness, we need to decide if players added during a particular round/draft are inneligible to be picked until the next round/draft[/quote']

I anticipated that things like that would simply be able to turn off. If it is going to be an issue then there are several ways we can work round it. For starters i wasn't going to allocate the teams until the first round of selections had been made anyway, so whoever had Messi would get Barca, Ronaldo gets Real etc. If we are having just one division that also gives us more time to delay the sales of star players, so that as much as possible they can go straight to their drafted teams.

I am surprised that stupid interventions like that cant be turned off in a custom and i am going to ask SM to clarify that this isn't actually possible.

As for new players i am happy for anyone, should they wish, to draft a player that is not yet in the database. Provided everyone else is happy with this.

As Kari has said depending on your first pick that'll define more or less what team you are, this should solve any problems with the refusing to join feature.

Also id like to mention that maybe we should do quite a few internal deals, granted we wont be able to do everythin so maybe say you can have 5 of your drafted picks in your team 1st season.

It's not that simple my friend... You see' date=' the more teams you add, the longer the draft will take and more players have to be picked. Just think: even if we follow my suggestion and award each team 21 picks, it means that 420 players would be picked up front. That's even more than giving 25 picks to the 16 teams (=400 players). All the mini-drafts would be larger too. That brings my problem once again: all the good players would be gone soon, the picks would be worthless and the draft boring as soon as we all had to select 70's and low rated 80's just because we have to.

I don't think increasing the number of teams is the solution. Don't forget we want to keep this as active as possible. Less managers = less likelihood of inactivity. And actually I think the draft will go rather quickly between the 16 of us. It's not like we have have the 32 teams of the original SMEL! [b']We can go through the first round of the draft in 3/4 days[/b]. Like I said, the key here is active and committed managers. :)

To be honest I expect round 1 to be done in 1 day Kari is only really picking active members, say Kari opens the game world tommorrow evening as I think she only needs 1 more and we got our 16, if its then created tomorrow we can start the draft Friday morning and to be honest it take 2 seconds to pick a 1st round pick and there's only 16 of us.

I understand that Thursday is unlikely but I was just putting it out there.

I love the idea, anyway some might think due to my number of posts and my rep points that I am not active. You would be wrong. I play this game for 2 years and I am active on forum, I just don t post much. I just read news and stuff, so I would be more than happy to be part of this setup.

Regards Pete

If you can turn that off then great no probs. But ive always thought it was the player who refused to sign' date=' maybe im wrong .. lets wait and see :)[/quote']

I have pm'd several SM DEV's for confirmation of this and if it is indeed a problem and they cant help us with it, then a possible way around it is instead of signing 70 rated players we sign 80 rated players. There are 1548 players rated 80, and over the age of 30 (surely noone will be drafting these guys!).

I dont think this will affect our budgets in a way which will have any bearing on our ability of picking up our drafted players, so could be a good option?

I have pm'd several SM DEV's for confirmation of this and if it is indeed a problem and they cant help us with it' date=' then a possible way around it is instead of signing 70 rated players we sign 80 rated players. There are 1548 players rated 80, and over the age of 30 (surely noone will be drafting these guys!).

I dont think this will affect our budgets in a way which will have any bearing on our ability of picking up our drafted players, so could be a good option?[/font']

You get the same problem thereafter with only being able to sign players at a 90 rating. That is, unless you sign your players with ridiculously good planning...

I have pm'd several SM DEV's for confirmation of this and if it is indeed a problem and they cant help us with it' date=' then a possible way around it is instead of signing 70 rated players we sign 80 rated players. There are 1548 players rated 80, and over the age of 30 (surely noone will be drafting these guys!).

I dont think this will affect our budgets in a way which will have any bearing on our ability of picking up our drafted players, so could be a good option?[/font']

That's exactly what i was thinking of earlier but thought it would b written off as it would take away from the budgets , but if your happy and everyone else is happy to have the squad of 80 rated 30+ then i am for sure!

You get the same problem thereafter with only being able to sign players at a 90 rating. That is' date=' unless you sign your players with ridiculously good planning...[/quote']

I thought it was a rating difference of 15 rather than 10, regardless teams should have a few of their drafted players in their team from the start anyways which will bump it up significantly, plus everyone could start by buying their lowest rated first which will also help too.

Just an option though, i'm all ears for other suggestions ;)

I thought it was a rating difference of 15 rather than 10' date=' regardless teams should have a few of their drafted players in their team from the start anyways which will bump it up significantly, plus everyone could start by buying their lowest rated first which will also help too.

Just an option though, i'm all ears for other suggestions ;)[/font']

I'm not entirely sure :)

One option is to draft before we start? Could take a wee while though...

I'm not entirely sure :)

One option is to draft before we start? Could take a wee while though...

Hopefully someone at SM will give an answer on the situation :)

I was planning on us drafting a couple of rounds before handing out the teams' date=' could possibly delay it longer if it would be necessary. Definitely plan on getting the draft up and running first though.[/font']

Hopefully someone at SM will give an answer on the situation :)

I was planning on us drafting a couple of rounds before handing out the teams' date=' could possibly delay it longer if it would be necessary. Definitely plan on getting the draft up and running first though.[/font']

If we draft first, then whoever drafts the Messi's/Ronaldo's of this world can be allocated the relevant club from the start, as it is with the highest rated players that any rating cap issue would be a problem. I'm guessing most will draft a 93+ rated player at first so this will help solve the problem in the majority of cases.

Just a thought.

If we draft first' date=' then whoever drafts the Messi's/Ronaldo's of this world can be allocated the relevant club from the start, as it is with the highest rated players that any rating cap issue would be a problem. I'm guessing most will draft a 93+ rated player at first so this will help solve the problem in the majority of cases.

[b']Just a thought.[/b]

Yep and its a good thought ;)

So what happens when someone drafts Xavi' date=' Iniesta etc, etc?[/quote']

Barca manager sells them to whoever has drafted them. Chances are as we will all have top clubs is that a player would be going the other way also - helping with cash situation too.

The more I think about it, season 1 is going to be largely spent moving the players to the right clubs anyway so may need to be a write-off in any competitive sense.

Barca manager sells them to whoever has drafted them. Chances are as we will all have top clubs is that a player would be going the other way also - helping with cash situation too.

The more I think about it' date=' season 1 is going to be largely spent moving the players to the right clubs anyway so may need to be a write-off in any competitive sense.[/quote']

So how are the other clubs picked then? Just seems a wierd way to do it, I know it was just an idea .. But say half the teams go for all the top players at different team .. How are the rest of the teams decided if I want s player from say Rochdale .. Just asking btw :)

So how are the other clubs picked then? Just seems a wierd way to do it' date=' I know it was just an idea .. But say half the teams go for all the top players at different team .. How are the rest of the teams decided if I want s player from say Rochdale .. Just asking btw :)[/quote']

The clubs are unimportant, it will just help out a bit that those who have drafted the highest valued players where possible will get the club that have that player in the team.

If you want a Rochdale player that is fine, you'll just get allocated a random team, no big deal really :)

So how are the other clubs picked then? Just seems a wierd way to do it' date=' I know it was just an idea .. But say half the teams go for all the top players at different team .. How are the rest of the teams decided if I want s player from say Rochdale .. Just asking btw :)[/quote']

No probs mate, might be weird ....just seems the most logical way to me but I could be wrong....

1.We are all going to have to be top teams so that we have the resources to sign our draft picks

2. If, for example, I get pick 1 and I choose Messi, it makes sense that I am Barca as Messi is going to be expensive to transfer to another club anyway and it is 1 less transfer that I need to make (in case we run into issues with the 3 deals between clubs per season rule for example).

3. After all the first picks are done, I'm betting that 9/10 will have chosen players from different clubs so it makes sense that they are allocated that club to help with point 2 above. If you pick a player from a club that has already been picked in the draft, then you'd have to pick from another club.

The alternative is equally as bemusing as the above - all picking a club and then messing around moving the players .... allocating clubs based on picks just makes it (slightly) easier and logical.

(However my brain is in melt down just trying to articulate this thought so I may be wrong:D).

Have people taken the three transfers per season between clubs into account? Could be an issue if people made individual immediate transfers (say Barca manager wants 2 Bayern players and the Bayern manager wants 2 Barca players).

In a situation like that the player can just be sold to external and picked up that way, or alternatively at the start of season 2.