European Super Cup: FC Porto vs FC Barcelona

Gizb

It's tomorrow at 19:45 in Monaco the game between the winners of last season's Europa League and Champions League.

Hope Porto can win this as it's the only major title I don't saw them conquer.. Hope also, they can stop the hegemony of Barcelona in Europe..

2-1 for Porto ;)

Re: European Super Cup: FC Porto vs FC Barcelona

The lineups are already known:

BARCELONA: Valdés; Daniel Alves, Mascherano, Abidal, Adriano; Keita, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi and Villa.

Bench: Oier, Fabregas, Alexis Sánchez, Thiago, Busquets, Fontàs e Jonathan

F.C. PORTO: Helton; Sapunaru, Rolando, Otamendi, Fucile; Guarín, Souza, Moutinho; Hulk, Kléber and C. Rodríguez

Bench: Bracali, Maicon, Belluschi, Varela, Djalma, Fernando and Defour

Was already expecting to see C. Rodriguez starting, but thought that Kleber would be relegated to the bench. But Varela deserves be there as he hasn't been playing well.

Re: European Super Cup: FC Porto vs FC Barcelona

Well, unfortunenately, the Championship side lost against the EPL winners by 2-0. If Guarin didn't make that horror backpass, hardly Barcelona would have scored in the way they played in the first half.. As far as I remember, Barcelona weren't so dangerous as in the game against Man Utd and Porto did more in attack. Although they hadn't the luck to score in offside and to the referee see two penalties to Porto when the game was 1-0.. also, the referee only remembered the cards in the 2nd half..

Barcelona had the Champion's star and I have to agree with Platini for once, ''I would say that Messi has one advantage over former greats and that is that he is protected much better by the referees" and he is right.