25. Kensational

26. Ashh

27. Gozzy

28. drseanfitz

29. StuartH

30. Derbypower

31. jr231990

32. Stubbsy127

Whenever you have made your draft pick could you VM/PM the next person on the list to let them know they are up. Plus if you are online and your pick is only a couple away, but are going to be going offline send someone a shortlist with a couple names just to keep things rolling along.

Here is the Drafted players thread, i will update this as frequently as i can so that it will be easier to check what players have already been drafted simply by checking this thread.

Also if each person could create their own squads page, ala SMEL, and update that whenever you make a pick, that will also help :)

The first draft will consist of 22 picks per person, each team must select a minimum of 2 goalkeepers.

Each person will have 12 hours to make their pick before they will receive an autopick.

Update:

The number of picks for each forthcoming draft has been decided. Each manager is going to have three picks, one of which can be no higher rated than 79.

The next draft will take place between the close of season 1 and the start of season 2. The draft order is yet to be decided and details on how this will be decided are forthcoming.

Trades will be effective as soon as the first season is over, and full details on trades will be given nearer the time.

There will also be a squad limit, which for now i am saying is 30 though that is not 100% definite right now. Once squads reach the maximum size they will then need to take the decision whether they discard one of their current players in order to pick someone new, or stick with what they have.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The Drafting League

Ok folks welcome to the drafting league (working title, if someone has a good clever name for it then let me know!), a unique custom which hopefully will be a lot of fun for everyone. Obviously as this has never been done before there is sure to be a lot of uncertainty going forward, and thats why to start with i want to keep things as simple as possible. We should have enough to keep us busy throughout season 1 with the draft and getting our drafted players into our teams so right now i just want that to be the focus for season 1. It might prove challenging at times but with effort on everyones part it will all come together no problem. However if anyone is looking for a picnic then i suggest you let me know now and i'll replace you now ;)

The draft order will be posted later tonight. We can begin the draft immediately after that if everyone is ok with that. As far as the draft goes it is important that people pick the players they want, not taking SM rating's into account. For season 3 onwards i will be looking at different point structures rather than basic league points, and i have plenty other plans for going forward and keeping things fresh from season 3 onwards, and i know several of you have ideas as well on that side of things. However i would rather discuss these throughout season 2, as right now i want it to be as simple as possible as in we do the draft and we get our drafted players in our teams.

Although if anyone has anything pertinent they think needs discussed right now that is fine.

I will be creating a thread later for drafted players so people can keep track of who has been picked, on this thread i would also like everyone to have a "squads page", where you can also update as you draft.

So yep any questions, suggestions, problems whatever..discuss away :)

Guest drseanfitz

Massive help that is Sean! :L .. Will have to get a lot of it done between now and Saturday then!

as in Friday whilst some of us work:p

best thing to do is make me pick number one, then its nearly 2 rounds before I'm up again:D

Guest drseanfitz

quick idea, do 2 or 3 rounds of the draft BEFORE creating the gameworld.

main reason, we said whoever pulls messi has barcelona etc.

but you may find that one person picks messi, but then a city and a dortmund player, but person 2 drafts 3 barcelona players, so it would make more sense for that other person to be barcelona

quick idea' date=' do 2 or 3 rounds of the draft BEFORE creating the gameworld.

main reason, we said whoever pulls messi has barcelona etc.

but you may find that one person picks messi, but then a city and a dortmund player, but person 2 drafts 3 barcelona players, so it would make more sense for that other person to be barcelona[/quote']

Yeah thats the plan, wont be creating the actual gameworld until next week. Gives us a chance to organise things a bit more :)

I know theres a couple people going to be away over the next week and will miss a few picks, so best thing to do is pm me a shortlist, or get someone on the forum to make picks for you.

Yeah thats the plan' date=' wont be creating the actual gameworld until next week. Gives us a chance to organise things a bit more :)

I know theres a couple people going to be away over the next week and will miss a few picks, so best thing to do is pm me a shortlist, or get someone on the forum to make picks for you.[/quote']

I think a shortlist would be a very good idea for those circumstances of being away.

Yeah thats the plan' date=' [b']wont be creating the actual gameworld until next week[/b]. Gives us a chance to organise things a bit more :)

I might be in time to take over before the first game then. :)

Feel free to start randomizing the order when you have the chance. Don't forget it will always look suspicious if you pick first. :P:p

Feel free to start randomizing the order when you have the chance. Don't forget it will always look suspicious if you pick first. :P:p

I know - thats why i wont be doing it myself :P Because if i was first i'd have to do it again cos i know it'd look suspicious!

Been asked to do the draw by Kazzer.

Here are the results

1. Stubbsy127

2. jr231990

3. DerbyPower

4. StuartH

5. drseanfitz

6. Gozzy

7. Ashh

8. Kensational

9. Kazzer

10. Stifler

11. Zakkoo

12. TheDuffman

13. Jenks

14. Shack

15. Arfon

16. Dermo

There you go guys (and girl :P)' date=' Good luck :).[/quote']

Thanks very much :)

Alrighty then Stubby up first..wonder who he'll pick :D

Here is the Drafted players thread, i will update this as frequently as i can so that it will be easier to check what players have already been drafted simply by checking this thread.

Also if each person could create their own squads page, ala SMEL, and update that whenever you make a pick, that will also help :)

Jr will be in bed :rolleyes: shocking as im sure the lad dont get up as early as me.

Anyway ive been stiched up again! Had a very similar slot in SMEL and hated it :(

Doubt my pick will come anytime soon but if it does as he hasent been picked yet i'll take Cristiano Ronaldo ;)

StephenMUFC - you my boy :mad:

jr will be in bed :rolleyes: Shocking as im sure the lad dont get up as early as me.

Anyway ive been stiched up again! Had a very similar slot in smel and hated it :(

doubt my pick will come anytime soon but if it does as he hasent been picked yet i'll take cristiano ronaldo ;)

stephenmufc - you my boy :mad:

All i can say is :P.

Jr will be in bed :rolleyes: shocking as im sure the lad dont get up as early as me.

Anyway ive been stiched up again! Had a very similar slot in SMEL and hated it :(

Doubt my pick will come anytime soon but if it does as he hasent been picked yet i'll take Cristiano Ronaldo ;)

StephenMUFC - you my boy :mad:

Yea no doubt' date=' and of course he is going to pick Ronaldo as well, but i cant just allocate him though can i :o

I actually think your slot is better than a middly diddly one like me, getting 2 picks almost simultaneously can be a big advantage sometimes.[/font']

All i can say is :P.

All I can say is :(

Dont worry my boy I will have my revenge in this life or the next

Yea no doubt' date=' and of course he is going to pick Ronaldo as well, but i cant just allocate him though can i :o

I actually think your slot is better than a middly diddly one like me, getting 2 picks almost simultaneously can be a big advantage sometimes.[/font']

In a way your right but I know my 2 targets will be gone by my 1st pick.... I'll upset a few with my 2nd pick ;)

Archived