The Drafting League

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Drafting League how selfish of me i do apologise 1. because there was several ppl before my pick 2. because none of those ppl were online at 6pm 3. because noone had any shortlists in

Re: The Drafting League Been asked to do the draw by Kazzer. Here are the results 1. Stubbsy127 2. jr231990 3. DerbyPower 4. StuartH 5. drseanfitz 6. Gozzy 7. Ashh 8. Kensational 9.

Re: The Drafting League

I can't see Sean being awkward on purpose, it's obvious there's certain things that weren't made clear from the start.

I can't see any problems with swaps, if we don't want it taking over the whole draft process then we could simply make a small limit 2/3 swaps and things would remain simple.

Things what I think:

- We should have 25 rounds to start with. Injuries can really screw over a minimum squad and we may well have to wait a little longer for SM to change the custom options around anyway. Another few days won't harm.

- We shouldn't be trading draft picks this time as it has obviously caused Kari too much hassle as she wasn't expecting it. In future drafts then I think this should be introduced.

- We should be able to swap players we've picked so long as we stay above the SM regulations of 21 players including 2 goalkeepers.

Thoughts?

Things what I think:

- We should have 25 rounds to start with. Injuries can really screw over a minimum squad and we may well have to wait a little longer for SM to change the custom options around anyway. Another few days won't harm.

- We shouldn't be trading draft picks this time as it has obviously caused Kari too much hassle as she wasn't expecting it. In future drafts then I think this should be introduced.

- We should be able to swap players we've picked so long as we stay above the SM regulations of 21 players including 2 goalkeepers.

Thoughts?

I discussed this point with Kari. There's a big difference between having 22 rounds (=352 players) and 25 rounds (=400 players). It's all about giving value to the drafting process. You see, when we start making deals, we'll only have picks and players to deal with (money is obsolete). And the fewer rounds we have, the more valuable picks will be because the more players will remain undrafted.

As for injuries ruining a 22-man squad... I don't agree. As long as you don't choose an XI full of 90+ sharks and a second team filled with ~80 rated youngsters it will be fine. It's all about being careful during the draft. :)

Taken from the first post:

Obviously as this has never been done before there is sure to be a lot of uncertainty going forward' date='

[b']Although if anyone has anything pertinent they think needs discussed right now that is fine.[/b]

So yep any questions, suggestions, problems whatever..discuss away :)

If you are unsure about something then ASK. Dont just assume.

If things werent made clear thats because they hadn't been decided upon yet. If there was something you needed/wanted to know then you should've brought it up and it would've been discussed. No point waiting until the draft is half way through before kicking up a fuss.

I dont have all the answers, i just wanted to create a setup that i thought would be unique and fun. I dont not wish to bother anymore.

Thanks.

Taken from the first post:

If you are unsure about something then ASK. Dont just assume.

If things werent made clear thats because they hadn't been decided upon yet. If there was something you needed/wanted to know then you should've brought it up and it would've been discussed. No point waiting until the draft is half way through before kicking up a fuss.

I dont have all the answers' date=' i just wanted to create a setup that i thought would be unique and fun. [b']I dont not wish to bother anymore.[/b]

Thanks.

What does that mean? :confused: that we should stop?

I dont have all the answers' date=' i just wanted to create a setup that i thought would be unique and fun. I dont not wish to bother anymore.

Thanks.[/b']

I'm unsure what do you mean by this... :o I'll rather wait before making my pick.

It's obviously in response to my last post' date=' so best thing all round would be for me to withdraw, don't want to be spoiling this whole thing for everyone, and don't want to be falling out with Kari.[/b']

Don't be silly. You're keeping your team.

Maybe the best solution would be giving the draft a rest for a couple of days. There's no need for drastic decisions.

To be honest I don't see how people not picking players will help much at all. And imagine what those will say who already think it's going too slow :P

I just want to know what Kari meant and also what she thinks about pausing the draft for a few days to calm things down. I don't like feuds, specially if they end up with one or more members leaving.

baby-toys-photos-compilation.jpg

These are mine - I'm taking them home :(

In all seriousness, lets all take a chill pill. The parameters were not clearly defined in fairness to Sean but this was always proposed as a 'moving feast' in fairness to Kari.

Can I suggest that we just let the trade between Sean/Arfon stand and crack on with a 25 player pick with Sean being allowed to retain the sub keeper from whatever team he is allocated to make up his 25? I don't think anyone would have an issue with that and it solves any outstanding issues that have been created by an honest misinterpretation.

It would be a shame to ruin such a great project over something so trivial????

I just want to know what Kari meant and also what she thinks about pausing the draft for a few days to calm things down. I don't like feuds' date=' specially if they end up with one or more members leaving.[/quote']

Feuds are part and parcel with the forum for me for some reason :P

But in all seriousness alot of effort has gone into this, don't see why anyone should leave over this disagreement, or for Kari to drop it as she's put too much work in to not complete this unique challenge of a set up.

Guest drseanfitz

These are mine - I'm taking them home :(

In all seriousness' date=' lets all take a chill pill. The parameters were not clearly defined in fairness to Sean but this was always proposed as a 'moving feast' in fairness to Kari.

Can I suggest that we just let the trade between Sean/Arfon stand and crack on with a 25 player pick with Sean being allowed to retain the sub keeper from whatever team he is allocated to make up his 25? I don't think anyone would have an issue with that and it solves any outstanding issues that have been created by an honest misinterpretation.

It would be a shame to ruin such a great project over something so trivial????[/quote']

The trade isn't a problem. we were wrong, it's not happened, and Lars is available for the world. end of.

I've mentioned about what annoyed me today, and was happy to move on from there, however

Kari has put a lot of work into this over a period of time, and she obviously doesn't seem happy, and the last thing I want to do is ruin it for her, and the rest of you.

anyway I'll PM Kari, probably best to sort it there

It is only focusing purely on SM first season only in order to keep things as simple as possible, as i have mentioned countless times ;)

Picking a player you cant stand is not what this is about...its about picking the players you like and rate in real life...

That's why I want to mix in players I like with those who have good ratings. I want to try and win any league that I am in. So I'll have to suck it up and use Berbatov. :P In all honesty I could have picked him before but I rate Negredo, just that there is a large gulf in their ratings. Most of my players I picked I really like, and a few were just to fill gaps or whatever.

Lets keep things going lads. This is a very interesting concept for a setup and lets build on it for the second season, when I presume we can recruit more players if there is something else coming in other than a standard SM setup. :)

I suppose it's better to carry on then...

Well, I must admit there are still a lot of players available. It would be wonderful if I could have 5 picks in a row. :P

In the end I decided to select a combination of youth + high rating.

Marko Marin!

marko_marin.jpg

You might think it's a coup at this stage, but there are so many talents waiting to be picked that it's not even funny. B)

Last Activity: Today 06:28 PM

Stuart is offline, so even if I picked sooner we'd still be in the same position. Unless he left a shortlist.

With SMEL dead (Sadly), I'm very glad that at least something of the same degree has been done. I really wish it wouldn't have turned out the way it did, but... :o (In the end, should someone undertake the rejuvenation projection, it could still work, but I don't really expect that to happen). This looks fairly good and I can only wish for the best to all of you, guys.

Also got to say.... Nice picks from the jerk of Portugal - very impressive.