The Drafting League

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Drafting League how selfish of me i do apologise 1. because there was several ppl before my pick 2. because none of those ppl were online at 6pm 3. because noone had any shortlists in

Re: The Drafting League Been asked to do the draw by Kazzer. Here are the results 1. Stubbsy127 2. jr231990 3. DerbyPower 4. StuartH 5. drseanfitz 6. Gozzy 7. Ashh 8. Kensational 9.

Re: The Drafting League

I do have a shortlist for Sean however i'm not sure if that was just to cover while he was away or not. As the next people in the list aren't ready i might as well just leave it for Sean to choose once he is online anyways.

P.S i will be creating the actual setup once the transfer window has shut to maximise potential squad values. Plan is to use the top 16 most valuable clubs, however if values are close between some clubs then the ones with the highest attendances will be chosen.

Guest drseanfitz

Sorry' date=' been kept late at work and Sean stole my striker :mad::P Give me a minute; I'll edit and inform the next in line :)[/quote']

ha... thought I might.

The beauty of it is I don't think I had him on my initial shortlist to Kari:p

As long as it may take, I think it may be better to do the full draft (21 or 25 players) before picking teams and opening the game-world. Suppose we open it tomorrow after round 7/8 and I draft 5 Manchester City players later in the draft. I'd be without a large proportion of squad for most of a season. Good things come to those who wait ;) Besides, the draft process is unique; let's enjoy it while it lasts :)

As long as it may take' date=' I think it may be better to do the full draft (21 or 25 players) before picking teams and opening the game-world. Suppose we open it tomorrow after round 7/8 and I draft 5 Manchester City players later in the draft. I'd be without a large proportion of squad for most of a season. Good things come to those who wait ;) Besides, the draft process is unique; let's enjoy it while it lasts :)[/quote']

That's a fair point to be honest.

Also that last line, we have plenty of time to enjoy it then :P

As long as it may take' date=' I think it may be better to do the full draft (21 or 25 players) before picking teams and opening the game-world. Suppose we open it tomorrow after round 7/8 and I draft 5 Manchester City players later in the draft. I'd be without a large proportion of squad for most of a season. Good things come to those who wait ;) Besides, the draft process is unique; let's enjoy it while it lasts :)[/quote']

I disagree with this, as the first season is going to be a write off regardless it really doesn't matter what team you get, you will manage to accrue your drafted players anyways whether you start with them in your team or not.

You dont need your players for season 1 as there is nothing to play for, you only need them for season 2 so really imo it is better to create the GW asap. That way at least we will still have the draft to keep us distracted while the nothingness that is season 1 is ongoing..

If the majority want to wait and do the whole draft first though thats fine with me, what does everyone else think?

my 4th pick will be Daniele DE ROSSI

:(

DP doesn't have anyone left on his shortlist and he said he wouldn't be online so i dont expect his pick until tomorrow.

So for the few people after DP if you wont be around tomorrow morning/afternoon to make your pick could you send a wee shortlist please :)

I disagree with this' date=' as the first season is going to be a write off regardless it really doesn't matter what team you get, you will manage to accrue your drafted players anyways whether you start with them in your team or not.

You dont need your players for season 1 as there is nothing to play for, you only need them for season 2 so really imo it is better to create the GW asap. That way at least we will still have the draft to keep us distracted while the nothingness that is season 1 is ongoing..

If the majority want to wait and do the whole draft first though thats fine with me, what does everyone else think?[/font']

I don't mind waiting until people have 10 or 12 players, and all will surely have a keeper. We should all be able to put out a league team, even if 1 or 2 players may be out of position. Once the league opens I see things running a bit quicker, draft wise. By the time the league games kick off, we may have 14 or 15 players to work with.

With the cups, we bring in 70 and below players. When our roster starts to go past 20, we can start to release players. Some may still be in the cup and have 16 and 18 players. Then they can be rotated a bit to cover loss of stamina etc. This way, the first season isn't a write off, but will be won by a very shrewd manager indeed. :)

Also, the SM game is one thing. The original SMEL was about players and their current real life form. Combine a fantasy football element to it, maybe some kind of real life match rating combined with goals, assists, cards and most importantly, are they playing? Ribery may only manage 15 to 20 league games this season. He is a big help on the games itself. His 95 is very high. So he will help his team up the table. However, he won't make you as many points in real life as many other wingers. Who are rated lower.

So you win points by doing well on the game. Should you bring in a high rated player who will benefit you on SM, but won't play too much in real life, and is only good for a short boost. Or do you look at players who are making a massive breakthrough, yet won't hit 90 or 91 for a year or more. It's up to our good judgement. I would try and combine the two, good steady rating and playing okay, and a few good prospects, and a few high rated ones to help my team in the league.

I'd also wonder about a rule for us to try and get players within 60 to 79, 80 to 83, 84 to 87, and 88 to 89. And a certain number of 90 to 91's and a few above 92. Only an idea to mix it up. It will get you thinking, should I leave Van Bommel for another round and go for a young guy of 84 and scoring loads in Holland? Or I won't chance it. I'll pick up another youngster later.

All of us should only have a few above 92 anyways. This is just the hint of an idea. I don't car myself, I'll do a mixture of things. Then again, maybe I would recruit higher rated old players who will give me a short boost, and offset it with selling them off later on. Lets hurry on with the draft lads. :D