The Drafting League

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Drafting League how selfish of me i do apologise 1. because there was several ppl before my pick 2. because none of those ppl were online at 6pm 3. because noone had any shortlists in

Re: The Drafting League Been asked to do the draw by Kazzer. Here are the results 1. Stubbsy127 2. jr231990 3. DerbyPower 4. StuartH 5. drseanfitz 6. Gozzy 7. Ashh 8. Kensational 9.

Guest drseanfitz

Re: The Drafting League

I think we have to make sure we don't get bogged down with extensive rules draining the fun out of the set-up.

and I have no issue with people playing 3-5-2 in any way, shape or form. start restricting people in their choices and then you take away all the enjoyment.

I'm all for adding on as much as we think of, but lets try and keep everything nice and simple.

Would make sense to leave it a few more rounds before settign up the gameworld, so that we can figure out the best allocation, but not too long as peoples interest could start to wain(I think Dermo's 10-12 seems about right)

I think we have to make sure we don't get bogged down with extensive rules draining the fun out of the set-up.

and I have no issue with people playing 3-5-2 in any way' date=' shape or form. start restricting people in their choices and then you take away all the enjoyment.

[/quote']

Well i knew you would be pro 3-5-2 :P

For me and several others i know that constantly having to play against 3-5-2 takes away all the fun out of the setup. Every forum filled setup there is 90% of the time you have to play against 3-5-2, fair enough if its a great formation that all the top clubs play in real life, but its a stupid formation that noone plays in real life and people only select it on here because it is overpowered.

In a setup like this where the goal is to pick your team i find it incredible that anyone would consider picking a team based around a formation that does not exist in real life and could not exist in real life. I would hate for this setup to become another boring 3-5-2 fest i want this setup to be unique and different.

Plus it would do some people good not to play 3-5-2 for once, as surely playing the same stupid formation with every single team can not be enjoyable in itself :confused:

Guest drseanfitz

Well i knew you would be pro 3-5-2 :P

For me and several others i know that constantly having to play against 3-5-2 takes away all the fun out of the setup. Every forum filled setup there is 90% of the time you have to play against 3-5-2' date=' fair enough if its a great formation that all the top clubs play in real life, but its a stupid formation that noone plays in real life and people only select it on here because it is overpowered.

In a setup like this where the goal is to pick [i']your[/i] team i find it incredible that anyone would consider picking a team based around a formation that does not exist in real life and could not exist in real life. I would hate for this setup to become another boring 3-5-2 fest i want this setup to be unique and different.

Plus it would do some people good not to play 3-5-2 for once, as surely playing the same stupid formation with every single team can not be enjoyable in itself :confused:

not sure what formation i am playing yet but i gathered alot of people would use 3-5-2 so their would be no rush to pick full backs early on i was hoping to get some very good full backs in later picks but from the sounds of it im not going to be that lucky now cheers :( might have to rethink my next few picks

Although i wouldn't class any of those as 3-5-2' date=' at least not SM's 3-5-2, due to the use of lb's and rb's as well as 3 cb's, i actually dont care anymore so just play your 3-5-2 B) [/font']

Guest drseanfitz

Although i wouldn't class any of those as 3-5-2' date=' at least not SM's 3-5-2, due to the use of lb's and rb's as well as 3 cb's, i actually dont care anymore so just play your 3-5-2 B) [/font']

calm down missus. who said I was even gonna play 3-5-2 anyway.:P

after all I was the first person to pick a full back.

calm down missus. who said I was even gonna play 3-5-2 anyway.:P

after all I was the first person to pick a full back.

That's what gives me the impression that a lot of people have been planning their picks around 3-5-2' date=' and that would just be an incredibly stupid thing to do.

If i knew from the offset that people were going to do that i would have told them not to, but i wasn't expecting it. Basically to pick a team with no LB or RB's in it would just be madness and just would not happen so its not something i expected to happen here.

I was using SMEL as the inspiration and obviously noone there planned around 3-5-2 - primarily because if anyone did then they'd lose every game 10-0 :P

But look if anyone wants to use 3-5-2 whatever i dont care, i just dont want people to make their picks based on one, incredibly stupid, formation ;)[/font']

If most people think like me (Which I really hope they don't as society will be a mixed world if they did) then they'd be going for a strong spine, which is what I've done. I've got my keeper (Reina), my centre half (Thiago Silva) my midfielder (Kaka) my striker (tevez) so then the rest will fall in and around these. And of course not forgetting i got my Superstar (ronaldo) :D

If most people think like me (Which I really hope they don't as society will be a mixed world if they did) then they'd be going for a strong spine' date=' which is what I've done. I've got my keeper (Reina), my centre half (Thiago Silva) my midfielder (Kaka) my striker (tevez) so then the rest will fall in and around these. And of course not forgetting i got my Superstar (ronaldo) :D[/quote']

Well by the time we get up and running Tevez will be at Corinthians and Kaka will still be sitting on the bench :P

Guest drseanfitz

If most people think like me (Which I really hope they don't as society will be a mixed world if they did) then they'd be going for a strong spine' date=' which is what I've done. I've got my keeper (Reina), my centre half (Thiago Silva) my midfielder (Kaka) my striker (tevez) so then the rest will fall in and around these. And of course not forgetting i got my Superstar (ronaldo) :D[/quote']

I got my keeper - Julio Cesar, centre half(Puyol), midfielder (Xavi), my striker(Dzeko) and my super fullback/wide mid(coentrao)

not to mention I use LB's/RB's in 3-5-2 so Coentrao could fit nicely into that

I didn't intend on playing 3-5-2 from the offset but it could turn out to be an option now if I don't get the fullbacks I want. I'm definitely not going to pick any player I don't really want' date=' for the sake of a formation.[/quote']

If your team has no flexibility you are going to struggle big time here. Maybe not first season when the only thing that counts is in game but after that if your team can only play 3 at the back it will be a big problem.

I swear that's just listing your picks vertically Kari... ;)

My team doesn't need a spine - my team is just going to attack the hell out of all of you. and in particular any 3-5-2 addicts ;)