Scottish premier league

Re: Scottish premier league

I know the SPL is a very **** league' date=' Im a celtic supporter and was wondering if anyone else agrees that most of the "Old firm" players are underrated! i think the likes of hooper stokes kayal ki ledley izaguirre & rangers players like jelavic lafferty naismith should all be at least 88 ratings...[/quote']

I'm a Celtic fan as well but while both teams are getting pumped out of european qualifiers on a regular basis these players are not going to get a rise.

Guys like Kayal, Izzaguirre, Hooper and Jelavic should probably all be higher but won't change while they are just performing in the SPL and not Europe.

I know the SPL is a very **** league' date=' Im a celtic supporter and was wondering if anyone else agrees that most of the "Old firm" players are underrated! i think the likes of hooper stokes kayal ki ledley izaguirre & rangers players like jelavic lafferty naismith should all be at least 88 ratings...[/quote']

No, just look - Kenny Miller is at Cardiff? a Championship Side

Celtic and Rangers aren't good enough for the EPL, only a few of the SPL players would make it in England.

No' date=' just look - Kenny Miller is at Cardiff? a Championship Side

Celtic and Rangers aren't good enough for the EPL, only a few of the SPL players would make it in England.[/quote']

i agree. next year, great britain needs to have a team for the olympics. itll basically be england + gareth bale. the best scottish players are pinched by better clubs (fletcher, adam, gordon etc) and the others are left in the spl, championship and others.

No' date=' just look - Kenny Miller is at Cardiff? a Championship Side

Celtic and Rangers aren't good enough for the EPL, only a few of the SPL players would make it in England.[/quote']

Disagree with this.

Im a Celtic fan and i get stick all of the time ( I live in Durham) about supprting em because the league isnt the best. But I think given the opportunity Izaguirre Kayal Majstorovic Hooper and a few others could make it in the premiership. Theres been a few links like kayal for man united and izaguirre for newcastle. I think people saying they are 'only good because they play in the SPl' is rubbish because they havent been given the chance to prove themselves. Maybe if they got a chance at some of the Stoke like teams or Wigan they could show some class. Hopefully we'll have a decent spell in Europe this year seen as we've had another chance,see if I can back this comment up even though we're in one of the,if not the toughest group out there.

Disagree with this.

Im a Celtic fan and i get stick all of the time ( I live in Durham) about supprting em because the league isnt the best. But I think given the opportunity Izaguirre Kayal Majstorovic Hooper and a few others could make it in the premiership. Theres been a few links like kayal for man united and izaguirre for newcastle. I think people saying they are 'only good because they play in the SPl' is rubbish because they havent been given the chance to prove themselves. Maybe if they got a chance at some of the Stoke like teams or Wigan they could show some class. Hopefully we'll have a decent spell in Europe this year seen as we've had another chance' date='see if I can back this comment up even though we're in one of the,if not the toughest group out there.[/quote']

mate, Majstorovic is honking

whilst I agree that Izzy and Kayal could comfortably play in the EPL and Hooper would also probably be a decent player at that level, Maj shouldn't even be in the Celtic side.

mate' date=' Majstorovic is honking

whilst I agree that Izzy and Kayal could comfortably play in the EPL and Hooper would also probably be a decent player at that level, Maj shouldn't even be in the Celtic side.[/quote']

I think he's decent. He does have negatives to his play, first minute against Sion away was a prime example but I think overall he's an alright player

Got to agree that they are slightly under rated, the likes of Kayal, Izzy, Ki, Ledley, Hooper & Stokes aswell as some others scattered around the SPL are under rated. If they perform this season domestically and in Europe things could change;). Also gotta agree that Majstorovic is so slow it's unbelievable, he has brought some sort of stability to the defence but he is a rotten defender, no positional sense nor has he any pace:rolleyes:

Disagree with this.

Im a Celtic fan and i get stick all of the time ( I live in Durham) about supprting em because the league isnt the best. But I think given the opportunity Izaguirre Kayal Majstorovic Hooper and a few others could make it in the premiership. Theres been a few links like kayal for man united and izaguirre for newcastle. I think people saying they are 'only good because they play in the SPl' is rubbish because they havent been given the chance to prove themselves. Maybe if they got a chance at some of the Stoke like teams or Wigan they could show some class. Hopefully we'll have a decent spell in Europe this year seen as we've had another chance' date='see if I can back this comment up even though we're in one of the,if not the toughest group out there.[/quote']

it does annoy me though, like why the old firm aren't allowed in england to play at a higher level, but swansea, cardiff etc are. i would still be happy if they chucked us into the championship or league 1. still would be better football to watch!.

Have you seen the state of Welsh league football? It's at about a Blue square south level. That's why they won't let Celtic and Rangers leave the SPL as it would make Scottish football even more of a joke that it already is. Tbh i'd love to see both compete in English football. If the FA allow Swansea to play in the premier league then in honesty Celtic and Rangers should be allowed to as well.

The main problem is the fact Scotland want to be an independent country from GB if what i've read is correct and also the fact where would you put them? you couldn't just say to teams in the championship , oh theres only one promotion spot available this year as were chucking two teams in from north of the border who were not really sure will stay up as there unproven. It would cause up roar amongst all the teams.

An option would be to have a 22 teamed first division but that would cause problems with fixtures and all sorts. Would also surely mess up the league cup and relegation spots?

It would be a great thing to happen but it wont B)

it does annoy me though' date=' like why the old firm aren't allowed in england to play at a higher level, but swansea, cardiff etc are. i would still be happy if they chucked us into the championship or league 1. still would be better football to watch!.[/quote']

Couldnt agree more mate, on the bright side, European football for first time in a few year, bring on Atletico!

No, I disagree, The scottish players arnt under-rated, More like overrated when people say about Celtic and Rangers being the best in their league, If somebody like my team Stoke went into the scottish league we would beat the two scottish clubs to the title without a doubt, I think the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland would aswell, Wigan would probably match them aswell, The scottish ratings are correct, theres no way celtic n rangers players should be rated around 87/88+.

it does annoy me though' date=' like why the old firm aren't allowed in england to play at a higher level, but swansea, cardiff etc are. i would still be happy if they chucked us into the championship or league 1. still would be better football to watch!.[/quote']

i agree with u mate, i think the old firm should beg their way into league 1 as theres no chance the english FA will let us just walk into one of the top two tiers. after that i think after a few years and promotions we'd have the means to compete in the epl

No' date=' I disagree, The scottish players arnt under-rated, More like overrated when people say about Celtic and Rangers being the best in their league, If somebody like my team Stoke went into the scottish league we would beat the two scottish clubs to the title without a doubt, I think the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland would aswell, Wigan would probably match them aswell, The scottish ratings are correct, theres no way celtic n rangers players should be rated around 87/88+.[/quote']

Defo disagree with u mate. When it was the Martin O'neill era Celtic were a force! Alot of top flight clubs in England would have struggled to beat oneills team, with your larsson Sutton hartson petrov agathe petta balde mjallby. Celtic will be back like that one day! Celtic park used to be a fortress and teams Who went there would very rarely come away with a win! Celtic would beat europes top clubs at celtic park like barca ac milan porto valencia Nowadays team with kayal hooper ledley ki commons Wilson stokes which is alot younger will be just as good under Neil Lennon. It will take time but I can assure u Celtic will

Be a top European club again and tbh they would

Still walk over Newcastle Stoke Sunderland Wigan. When we played wolves in a friendly this year, we had a very weakened side out because the spl had already started back and the English hadn't.

No' date=' I disagree, The scottish players arnt under-rated, More like overrated when people say about Celtic and Rangers being the best in their league, If somebody like my team Stoke went into the scottish league we would beat the two scottish clubs to the title without a doubt, I think the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland would aswell, Wigan would probably match them aswell, The scottish ratings are correct, theres no way celtic n rangers players should be rated around 87/88+.[/quote']

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about winning the title, if Stoke joined the SPL you would see a Stoke side without any of the money in England, you wouldn't be challenging anywhere near Celtic or Rangers under those circumstances.

But regarding player ratings, to say the better players at Celtic for example are not worth 87/88 ratings is nonsense. It does not take much for a player to be rated at that level. These guys are internationals and the better ones are easily on the level of similar rated players in England.

Take Gary Hooper for example. In the season where Andy Carroll scored 17 goals in the Championship for the team who won the league, Hooper scored 19 in fewer games for a team fighting relegation. To suggest that all of a sudden Hooper should automatically be at least two ratings lower just because he's now in Scotland and Carroll is in England is foolish.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about winning the title' date=' if Stoke joined the SPL you would see a Stoke side without any of the money in England, you wouldn't be challenging anywhere near Celtic or Rangers under those circumstances.

But regarding player ratings, to say the better players at Celtic for example are not worth 87/88 ratings is nonsense. It does not take much for a player to be rated at that level. These guys are internationals and the better ones are easily on the level of similar rated players in England.

Take Gary Hooper for example. In the season where Andy Carroll scored 17 goals in the Championship for the team who won the league, Hooper scored 19 in fewer games for a team fighting relegation. To suggest that all of a sudden Hooper should automatically be at least two ratings lower just because he's now in Scotland and Carroll is in England is foolish.[/quote']

You could look at it like that mate, But we all no that the Premier League is the best league in the World, The scottish is weaker, so its always goin be easier for strikers to score goals espacially for the likes of Celtic and Rangers, Look at Ryan Shawcross or somebody like himself, If a celtic player deserves to be at his rating, surely shawcross should be at least 90, It makes me laugh that he ISNT In the english squad because he's pure class, He would definately be in the Liverpool team if he went to anfield and if he went to man city he should definately take Lescott's place, Capello's has recently started Gary Cahill in CB And Shawcross hasnt eithen been called up, My point is that if a club like stoke come in the SPL We would probably win the divison.

Defo disagree with u mate. When it was the Martin O'neill era Celtic were a force! Alot of top flight clubs in England would have struggled to beat oneills team' date=' with your larsson Sutton hartson petrov agathe petta balde mjallby. Celtic will be back like that one day! Celtic park used to be a fortress and teams Who went there would very rarely come away with a win! Celtic would beat europes top clubs at celtic park like barca ac milan porto valencia Nowadays team with kayal hooper ledley ki commons Wilson stokes which is alot younger will be just as good under Neil Lennon. It will take time but I can assure u Celtic will

Be a top European club again and tbh they would

Still walk over Newcastle Stoke Sunderland Wigan. When we played wolves in a friendly this year, we had a very weakened side out because the spl had already started back and the English hadn't.[/quote']

Yeah, Celtic arnt as good as they were, But saying they would walk over Newcastle, Stoke and Sunderland sounds a bit of a joke from my Point of View, Look at Stoke, Been in the Prem 3/4 Years now and we have beat the Likes of Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal etc, We have got to the F.A Cup final, If they come to the Brittania stadium I reckon we would win about 3-0, And It would be close at celtic, And Yeah it will take time with a young squad.

Totally disagree, Stoke wouldn't win the league with their current squad in Scotland(though the squad is decent enough), they'd have to adapt to the Scottish game up here, but there comes a time when smaller clubs like Newcastle,Wigan & Stoke and the likes can spend more than the Celtic & Rangers but they will never become a bigger club than either side of the divide up here.

Totally disagree' date=' Stoke wouldn't win the league with their current squad in Scotland(though the squad is decent enough), they'd have to adapt to the Scottish game up here, but there comes a time when smaller clubs like Newcastle,Wigan & Stoke and the likes can spend more than the Celtic & Rangers but they will never become a bigger club than either side of the divide up here.[/quote']

They probably wouldnt be known as a bigger club as Celtic and Rangers would of been in the divison longer than Stoke, N the point about Stoke after adapting to the scottish game is right, But at Home we would be unstopable.

You could look at it like that mate' date=' But we all no that the Premier League is the best league in the World, The scottish is weaker, so its always goin be easier for strikers to score goals espacially for the likes of Celtic and Rangers, Look at Ryan Shawcross or somebody like himself, If a celtic player deserves to be at his rating, surely shawcross should be at least 90, It makes me laugh that he ISNT In the english squad because he's pure class, He would definately be in the Liverpool team if he went to anfield and if he went to man city he should definately take Lescott's place, Capello's has recently started Gary Cahill in CB And Shawcross hasnt eithen been called up, My point is that if a club like stoke come in the SPL We would probably win the divison.

Yeah, Celtic arnt as good as they were, But saying they would walk over Newcastle, Stoke and Sunderland sounds a bit of a joke from my Point of View, Look at Stoke, Been in the Prem 3/4 Years now and we have beat the Likes of Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal etc, We have got to the F.A Cup final, If they come to the Brittania stadium I reckon we would win about 3-0, And It would be close at celtic, And Yeah it will take time with a young squad.[/quote']

It's a bit of a different argument. Stoke in the SPL would be making do with perhaps a tenth of the TV money you currently get, good luck keeping/attracting players on that. We currently get by on spending maybe 1-2 million pounds net on players and our salary needs to be capped at around 25k a week. Celtic in the English premier league would be one of highest income clubs in the league. That's a different conversation though.

Sticking to the subject of rating, I intenionally compared two players on a season they both spent in the same league. The one with the better scoring record even though he was at a team down the bottom of the league is now in Scotland and you're saying he should be staying on an 86, the one with the poorer scoring record even though his team won the league and he played more games is an 88 and no doubt will go up if Liverpool continue to improve. I'm not saying Carroll is not a better player, but to cap Hooper at 86 just because of where he plays is just ignoring talent.

I can confidently say I'd rather have Hooper than Camerone Jerome, rather have Kayal than Dean Whitehead or Glenn Whelan and rather have Izzaguire than Danny Collins. All three are rated lower though.

It's a bit of a different argument. Stoke in the SPL would be making do with perhaps a tenth of the TV money you currently get' date=' good luck keeping/attracting players on that. We currently get by on spending maybe 1-2 million pounds net on players and our salary needs to be capped at around 25k a week. Celtic in the English premier league would be one of highest income clubs in the league. That's a different conversation though.

Sticking to the subject of rating, I intenionally compared two players on a season they both spent in the same league. The one with the better scoring record even though he was at a team down the bottom of the league is now in Scotland and you're saying he should be staying on an 86, the one with the poorer scoring record even though his team won the league and he played more games is an 88 and no doubt will go up if Liverpool continue to improve. I'm not saying Carroll is not a better player, but to cap Hooper at 86 just because of where he plays is just ignoring talent.

I can confidently say I'd rather have Hooper than Camerone Jerome, rather have Kayal than Dean Whitehead or Glenn Whelan and rather have Izzaguire than Danny Collins. All three are rated lower though.[/quote']

Well Yeah, You do get more income etc in the premier league, N there is a couple of celtic players I would prefer than Stoke reserves, Thats probably Izzaguire over Collins and Ledley over Diao.

They probably wouldnt be known as a bigger club as Celtic and Rangers would of been in the divison longer than Stoke' date=' N the point about Stoke after adapting to the scottish game is right, But at Home we would be unstopable.[/quote']

Yeah Stoke have that mentality at home the same as Celtic, the fans are the 12th man and it really does alot for the players on the pitch at home, should be proud of a club with such good fans, I know I am :)

Yeah Stoke have that mentality at home the same as Celtic' date=' the fans are the 12th man and it really does alot for the players on the pitch at home, should be proud of a club with such good fans, I know I am :)[/quote']

Yeah mate, I am :), Loved it yesterday sittin in the Brittania Stadium watchin the Match Andy Carroll was warmin up for Lfc, Our fans were shoutin foul things to him like you fat b, etc due to his drinkin, started singin things like Andy carroll, andy andy carroll, I bet your still drunk - haha, he just started laughin, Haha, Terrorising, By the way guys sorry about this, It looks as if im kind of Messing your thread up talkin about Stoke, Sorry :o

Im a celtic season ticket holder go to nearly every game.

Mixed views i see and also a few of the bias english boys in fair enough.

1. Stoke would die if they came to scotland try competing without money ? only reason we survived is because or board are generous and we have a massive following much bigger than 17 of the teams in england only utd pool and chelsea could rival us in terms of support.

2. Alot of talk lately about if rangers die will we move to epl and even for years there has been talk about us going to epl. And im talking about celtic not rangers because i despise each and every one of them. Celtic move to epl it means loads of money better players sell out week in week out and it would be one of the biggest stadias in the epl.

3.Ratings For the celtic fan who suggest naismith and lafferty at 88 give your head a shake there both awful only 3 players in the spl are worthy of 88 + and that is kayal izzy and steven davis.

So to summarise

Celtic come to england given the money we would be massive and would **** on newcastle , fulham AND STOKE

Im a celtic season ticket holder go to nearly every game.

Mixed views i see and also a few of the bias english boys in fair enough.

1. Stoke would die if they came to scotland try competing without money ? only reason we survived is because or board are generous and we have a massive following much bigger than 17 of the teams in england only utd pool and chelsea could rival us in terms of support.

2. Alot of talk lately about if rangers die will we move to epl and even for years there has been talk about us going to epl. And im talking about celtic not rangers because i despise each and every one of them. Celtic move to epl it means loads of money better players sell out week in week out and it would be one of the biggest stadias in the epl.

3.Ratings For the celtic fan who suggest naismith and lafferty at 88 give your head a shake there both awful only 3 players in the spl are worthy of 88 + and that is kayal izzy and steven davis.

So to summarise

Celtic come to england given the money we would be massive and would **** on newcastle ' date=' fulham AND STOKE[/b']

Haha, Serious, :D:D:D - Thats made me laugh, Get a grip mate, If celtic are that good, Why havent they made the Group Stages in the Europa league, Maybe you would beat nearly half the sides in the prem at home (The **** ones) But theres no way you would beat the Likes of United, City, chelsea, Arsenal, liverpool, Spurs, Stoke - Considerin your probably a loyal fan I do think you over rate your team a little bit :D