Soccermanager is random or makes things hard to better teams!

str8jackit

Hi... It's the 5th season that I'm not the champion, when actually I should have been champion all seasons!

I'm going to explain why I think this.

My team is:

Messi - 99

Ronaldo - 98

Iniesta - 97

Casillas - 95

Sneijder - 95

Fabregas - 95

Dani Alves - 95

Maicon - 95

Pique - 95

Lahm - 94

Aguero - 94

Xabi Aonso - 94

Sergio Ramos - 94

Petr Cech - 94

Nasri - 93

Benzema - 93

Di Maria - 92

Pato - 92

Badstuber - 90

David Luiz - 90

Pastore - 90

...and many other invests that i've made of 90's and 89's.

So can anyone wxplain to me how i can end everytime in 2nd place?!

I've used all the tatics possibe with the players always green, but there is always one team that finishes first... and that team changes every year, but it's never me!

Re: Soccermanager is random or makes things hard to better teams!

Hi... It's the 5th season that I'm not the champion' date=' when actually I should have been champion all seasons!

I'm going to explain why I think this.

My team is:

Messi - 99

Ronaldo - 98

Iniesta - 97

Casillas - 95

Sneijder - 95

Fabregas - 95

Dani Alves - 95

Maicon - 95

Pique - 95

Lahm - 94

Aguero - 94

Xabi Aonso - 94

Sergio Ramos - 94

Petr Cech - 94

Nasri - 93

Benzema - 93

Di Maria - 92

Pato - 92

Badstuber - 90

David Luiz - 90

Pastore - 90

...and many other invests that i've made of 90's and 89's.

So can anyone wxplain to me how i can end everytime in 2nd place?!

I've used all the tatics possibe with the players always green, but there is always one team that finishes first... and that team changes every year, but it's never me![/quote']

SM doesn't just hand you a league trophy because you own all the best players in the division and you can't have tried all the tactics in the game, that's called an exaggeration. You need to field a team and tactics which counter those of the other team and study the oppositions tactics and what works best. The game engine works on statistics and probability, clearly you haven't been able to take advantage of that properly if you're second place consistently.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Soccermanager is random or makes things hard to better teams!

It doesn't quite work that way. I just won an Italian Gold Set Up last season and my top player was Hamsik (91) the rest were 88 -90 but there were better teams on paper.

This season I am struggling a little but there are no guarantees on SM.

I have been in too many Set Ups to know that it just ISN'T random, it's the same old managers at the top or thereabouts every season in most of the Set Ups I'm in, unless someone comes in and builds a team up.

In my GC12 Scottish League, my Hearts side (average 86) has been at the top or thereabouts for 8 seasons or so and it's the same four or five clubs each season vying for the title. NOT always Celtic and Rangers although they are up there but teams like Queens Park (great manager) Linfield (ditto) Aberdeen (ditto) so there is a lot more than just randomness to this game. :)