SM's performance over the last 18 months...

SM's performance over the last 18 months...  

1. 1.

• SM is much better than 18 months ago
    • SM has pretty much stayed the same
    • SM has been declining in the last 18 months

I would like to know how people are feeling SM are doing as a company in regards to customer satisfaction.

I have heard many gripes and issues and seen many people decide to leave SM from issues ranging from the anti-cheat system to the automated response system. The main issues that I have witnessed been involved in are:

Ridiculous blocking of deals, lack of common sense when considering if a transfer is a 'fair deal', destruction of a good customer relationship with the ridiculous automated response system, tickets not being answered within TWO HUNDRED hours never mind 72, the removal of the 'old' player ratings schedule, lack of response and communication from SM and many other things.

So my question is to you, from the position this game was in approx 18 months ago has it improved, stayed the same or is it falling from grace due to the above ( plus any issues you may have experienced ) situations.

Re: SM's performance over the last 18 months...

although i don't like the new layout i am seeing its usefulness if they are planning on rolling SM out as an App so fair play ill just have to get over that. (although i would have liked an option to keep it the same, still..change and evolve and all that)

However i am very disappointed to STILL see no improvement on the ridiculous SMFA transfer blocking system which ruins games for experienced and loyal players FAR more than stopping the little cheats..

Add to that the chairman MAX bids which still do my swede in as there is such a massive difference between clubs in what your allowed to offer. And not just a couple mil for big players it can be as much as 30mil. I would understand for example if you have no money or have a small squad or some other criteria but there is no logic to it at all. Silly and frustrating on custom worlds amongst friends especially.

What worries me alot more is the lack of any contact from them regarding in particular the SMFA blocks issue which has led to MANY people leaving, to me it seems this is obviously causing many many good honest players to leave and frustrating many others, this MUST be addressed if they take themselves at all seriously they must look at what their customers are saying.

A) The Match Engine throwing up TOO MANY ridiculous results & being out-dated :(

B) The Player match ratings being cosmetic & a complete & utter farce. :(

C) SMFA Blocking perfectly legal transfers :(

D) SM spending far too much time changing things that don't need changing. :(

F) SM NOT listening to its customers & NOT spending its time changing things its customers ask & in some cases BEG for. :(

G) OK no Rating changes at weekends OK THIS AGREED, but too many other days when there are no re-ratings during the working week. SM should strive to have re-ratings every weekday. Far too long since some countries have had any re-ratings. Examples: All these over 200 days USA 241, Denmark 207, Australia 231, Hungary 402?, Slovakia 698??, Slovenia? etc etc :(

H) Controversionally & Personally I don't like concerns either, particularly coming so fast. :(

Please take SOME action on SOME of these If you have so much time to spare doing other non improvements. Hopefully you will make us happy :):):)

• 4 weeks later...

A) The Match Engine throwing up TOO MANY ridiculous results & being out-dated :(

B) The Player match ratings being cosmetic & a complete & utter farce. :(

C) SMFA Blocking perfectly legal transfers :(

D) SM spending far too much time changing things that don't need changing. :(

F) SM NOT listening to its customers & NOT spending its time changing things its customers ask & in some cases BEG for. :(

G) OK no Rating changes at weekends OK THIS AGREED' date=' but too many other days when there are no re-ratings during the working week. SM should strive to have re-ratings every weekday. Far too long since some countries have had any re-ratings. Examples: All these over 200 days USA 241, Denmark 207, Australia 231, Hungary 402?, Slovakia 698??, Slovenia? etc etc :(

H) Controversionally & Personally I don't like concerns either, particularly coming so fast. :(

Please take SOME action on [u']SOME[/u] of these If you have so much time to spare doing other non improvements. Hopefully you will make us happy :):):)

I have to agree with this... :(

Over the last 18 months:

- We have the same awful match engine.

- SMFA keeps blocking too many fair deals.

- The ratings schedule has disappeared- plus i disagree with the 3 reviews per season for the big-5 leagues.

- The concerns thing is good, but i think it was implemented in a wrong way.

- The customers service is going from bad to worse. Now if you are lucky, you will just get an automated message helping for nothing.

- And now, they decided to change the interface and made it worse than the previous one. Especially everything about messages (display, reading etc), which is the most important thing in the Home Page, has changed to worse!

- The customers service is going from bad to worse. Now if you are lucky' date=' you will just get an automated message helping for nothing.[/quote']

i agree. cant support a ticket anymore, its like they dont take your case personally, just a blanket reason for everyone

Personally I think it has stayed the same, the new overview looks good enough and I have grown to like it, but all the grand ideas being thrown about when they first announced the layout overhaul maybe only one or two have been implemented.

I like the current ratings system, I think it's better that they don't announce the ratings early, gives the people who scout a better chance of getting their men rather then some big club coming through hovering up every youngster in the league.

Haven't had any trouble with the SMFA yet, having played for 4 years now.

I like concerns :o, they are starting to finally work as was planned, I have seen many squads finally forced into selling unused players, my only gripe is that they are occasionally too easy to get around ie in one of my teams I have 32 90+ players and only one 'lack of games' concern (at lvl 1)

I actually like the layout.

the engine can be funny sometimes. as in the commentary. e.g. a striker getting red carded for being last man? keeper doesn't get injured, maybe only 0.1% chance. but i find the results are usually fine, probably ~10% results are weird.

I wonder on what basis SMFA decide to block deals, perhaps they used a standard guide for all game worlds, which can be inappropriate in some worlds. I hope they only block deals if there is strong basis of cheating. For example, multiple cheap deals among same clubs and such. Anyway i think there's a SMFA help thread now, that you can request review if your honest deal is being blocked for whatever reasons.

New interface is rotten.

Match engine is bizarre in how bad it is.

The issue of the value of cash and Chairman's AI being barmy.

not had to use Customer Services so can't really comment, although I don't get a response to adding new players anymore which is a shame.

oh yeah, and the new interface is rotten and unecessary.

Still it's a free game.

We have the same awful match engine.

you got the understand that its diffcult to have a good match engine say like in other footy mangement games simply via a web browers.

these other games are install on to pcs; thus have more options, are more realistic. if sm became a large downloaded game, with will costy millions would as a reuslt limit the accessibility/availability for some.

also sm engines generate results for over 200,000 teams within 30-40 mins, very impressive if you ask me.

There are some major new improvements in the pipeline for SM over the coming weeks.

We are in the process of implementing a SM chat system which will completely change the way you will be able to do deals. This will be rolled out in the coming weeks.

We are also in the final stages of rolling out a new match engine/commentary/score centre which we have been working on for the past 6-8 months.

Other new features such as in iPhone app (and other apps), cross Game World friendlies, Media centre and a 2D pitch, to mention a few are also due out in the next few months.

If anyone is having problems with the SMFA please see this thread

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=102040

There are some major new improvements in the pipeline for SM over the coming weeks.

We are in the process of implementing a SM chat system which will completely change the way you will be able to do deals. This will be rolled out in the coming weeks.

We are also in the final stages of rolling out a new match engine/commentary/score centre which we have been working on for the past 6-8 months.

Other new features such as in iPhone app (and other apps)' date=' cross Game World friendlies, [b']Media centre and a 2D pitch[/b], to mention a few are also due out in the next few months.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=102040

Looking forward to some of these.

Look forward to a new match engine, the old one is ... well OLD & TIRED & as someone else said ..... Bizarre!

Can't wait for new match engine & that's from someone who has won 30 trophies & might be accused of wanting to stick with the old, bedraggled one

Other new features such as in iPhone app (and other apps)' date=' cross Game World friendlies, Media centre and a 2D pitch, to mention a few are also due out in the next few months.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=102040[/url]

I think of these improvements, like most people I'm interested in the second feature (although I'm not sure why the score centre is being improved when I see it being fine as it is). I'm also interested in the media and 2D pitch features too although I hope the latter is not purely cosmetic and will actually be uesful to see where you're weaknesses are so you can alter your tactics accordingly.

I think of these improvements' date=' like most people I'm interested in the second feature (although I'm not sure why the score centre is being improved when I see it being fine as it is). I'm also interested in the media and 2D pitch features too although I hope the latter is not purely cosmetic and will actually be uesful to see where you're weaknesses are so you can alter your tactics accordingly.[/quote']

new match engine would be nice, results are only like 5% crazy, but thats football. but keeprs never getting carded injured, injured players not getting subbed off and im sure having 10men makes little difference, ive went down to 10men in first 20 mins multiple times and i never seem t suffer in possesion or even overall score...

Chat could be cool, depends on the specs, would make dealking so much more fun and possible for non huge clubs.

why facelift score centre though, unless youve got something reaaly cool. i mean yeah you can improve it, but there are so so so many better things that need your time

also what is the blocking thing everyone is griping about, i have never been SMFA blocked?

Whilst I can see the improvements that you are implementing into the game in the coming weeks will be beneficial, I hope you dont ignore the need to go back to basics for others.

For a fair few members ( I cant speak for all ) the following would be 'major' improvements to the game and would maybe rekindle some of the lost love:D

1: The current rating system is atrocious imo. Some leagues do not/have not been reviewed for over a year. This is unacceptable.

Also some weeks it seems to take much much longer to rate one league, as it did recently, where one of the leagues was still being rated after a week.

Imo either go back to the old rating schedule OR evaluate every league at the same time in the summer. Thats right - one massive world change based on the players performances/stats over the last year.

If it is due to a shortage of staff or time that you are unable to implement the rating changes, then the latter option would surely be beneficial as you could spend 1 month a year getting all stat/performance data and then implementing it in one hit.

The extra costs for staff to review all leagues in one month would surely be offset by having them 'free' for the other 11 months to do/improve other aspects of the game??

Secondly I would consider appointing one individual as a 'game world moderator' for Gold Championships.

Now this could only work if you continue to roll out a GC once every 6 or so months rather than the 'one a week' of a few months ago.

Whilst the SMFA does have some effectiveness against cheats it also penalises a lot of people in these GC's who are not.

Being penalised unfairly is unacceptable for ANY paying customer. The major benefit having a 'staff member' as a moderator is it would bring to the table something that the SMFA never can - namely 'common sense'.

A member of staff can look through messages, look at the potential of the players in question and previous transfer history and make a fair evaluation.

And they would be able to issue warnings or take action against those who report transfers out of jealousy or other miscellaneous reasons.

Thirdly a quick one:D Please sort out the ridiculous situation which we in GC's find ourselves in. 2 matches on the same day:rolleyes: A euro match and a domestic match on the same day is unrealistic and damaging to a teams fatigue. This is a serious issue that needs urgent attention imo.

And finally a small suggestion that I feel would be easy to implement. Lets have a star/points system that shows how active a manager is.

I.e You could base the system over the previous 7/14/30 days and how many times that particular manager has logged on/spent online.

Active managers are usually the most pleasing to deal with/banter with etc and an icon/score that could be next to your manager name would give others the ability to see your activity rating.

You could even include this in Custom gameworlds as an entry requirement for those who wish to create a league with only active managers.

Anyway thats my tuppence worth.

Feel free to slay me down :D

Customer service is shocking.

I've been banned from uploading photos for some unknown reason for around two years. I still have no idea why and certainly haven't uploaded anything inappropriate.

So... i submit a ticket about this because theres no other way of getting in touch (even if you can only submit a ticket about a 'bug').

I basically asked politely as to why i've been banned from uploading phots, maybe its a bug? and if they could look into if for me.

So they send back their ever generic response of "thanks for bringing this to our attention but there is no bug" and close the ticket without actually looking into it for me.

The amount of money i've spent on this site and thats the kind of help you get :rolleyes:

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Customer service is shocking.

I've been banned from uploading photos for some unknown reason for around two years. I still have no idea why and certainly haven't uploaded anything inappropriate.

So... i submit a ticket about this because theres no other way of getting in touch (even if you can only submit a ticket about a 'bug').

I basically asked politely as to why i've been banned from uploading phots' date=' maybe its a bug? and if they could look into if for me.

So they send back their ever generic response of "thanks for bringing this to our attention but there is no bug" and close the ticket without actually looking into it for me.

The amount of money i've spent on this site and thats the kind of help you get :rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear this. If you drop me a PM regarding the above i'll look into it on your behalf.

Other new features such as in iPhone app (and other apps)' date=' cross Game World friendlies, Media centre and a 2D pitch, to mention a few are also due out in the next few months.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=102040[/url]

Great stuff, just noticed this on FB today....exciting times ahead. Contrary to the naysayers and doom mongers out there please pass on my thanks and appreciation to the dev team for their ongoing work and evolution of SM.

Whilst I can see the improvements that you are implementing into the game in the coming weeks will be beneficial' date=' I hope you dont ignore the need to go back to basics for others.

For a fair few members ( I cant speak for all ) the following would be 'major' improvements to the game and would maybe rekindle some of the lost love:D

1: The current rating system is atrocious imo. Some leagues do not/have not been reviewed for over a year. This is unacceptable.

Also some weeks it seems to take much much longer to rate one league, as it did recently, where one of the leagues was still being rated after a week.

Imo either go back to the old rating schedule OR evaluate every league at the same time in the summer. Thats right - one massive world change based on the players performances/stats over the last year.

If it is due to a shortage of staff or time that you are unable to implement the rating changes, then the latter option would surely be beneficial as you could spend 1 month a year getting all stat/performance data and then implementing it in one hit.

The extra costs for staff to review all leagues in one month would surely be offset by having them 'free' for the other 11 months to do/improve other aspects of the game??

Secondly I would consider appointing one individual as a 'game world moderator' for Gold Championships.

Now this could only work if you continue to roll out a GC once every 6 or so months rather than the 'one a week' of a few months ago.

Whilst the SMFA does have some effectiveness against cheats it also penalises a lot of people in these GC's who are not.

Being penalised unfairly is unacceptable for ANY paying customer. The major benefit having a 'staff member' as a moderator is it would bring to the table something that the SMFA never can - namely 'common sense'.

A member of staff can look through messages, look at the potential of the players in question and previous transfer history and make a fair evaluation.

And they would be able to issue warnings or take action against those who report transfers out of jealousy or other miscellaneous reasons.

Thirdly a quick one:D Please sort out the ridiculous situation which we in GC's find ourselves in. 2 matches on the same day:rolleyes: A euro match and a domestic match on the same day is unrealistic and damaging to a teams fatigue. This is a serious issue that needs urgent attention imo.

And finally a small suggestion that I feel would be easy to implement. Lets have a star/points system that shows how active a manager is.

I.e You could base the system over the previous 7/14/30 days and how many times that particular manager has logged on/spent online.

Active managers are usually the most pleasing to deal with/banter with etc and an icon/score that could be next to your manager name would give others the ability to see your activity rating.

You could even include this in Custom gameworlds as an entry requirement for those who wish to create a league with only active managers.

Anyway thats my tuppence worth.

Feel free to slay me down :D[/quote']

I agree with parts of this. The rating system bit is spot on, I'm disappointing the Belgian League hasn't been reviewed at all since March this year and I did prefer it when they announced when a league was going to be reviewed and I think it was benefitial when they said roughly when each league woul be reviewed, when the Summer leagues were reviewed in June (mid season) and December (end of season) I think the bigger leagues should also follow this model, as three rating changes per season seems exessive and when they only review some leagues once a year or even less often, you have to wonder why you need to review a league that often.

I'm not sure however that a single month for rating changes is feasible though because after a year ratings would be extremely out of date like in PES/FIFA and the great thing about an online game is that it's generally more up to date than a game which isn't (although you can go online on FIFA and PES, I personally haven't done it).

A Game World Moderator would be difficult to implement. I guess you're suggesting one person (or a group of people) go and check reported deals and if they think they are illegal they'll get blocked but the ones which are legitimate will go through as normal, but I just think that too many deals are done in GCs to make this a feasible idea, hence the CPS. Plus SM are looking into the CPS and they've provided a link on this thread to the thread on here where you can flag any deal you think shouldn't have been prevented by the SMFA. It will take weeks or months to fix the problem though so for now we should just sit tight really.

I do agree with the star point system though, it'd be nice to know what kind of manager you're dealing with when it comes to how active they are.

Oh and like the post two places above mine I'd like to say to SM keep up the good work and I'm sure whatever comes out will benefit the community. :)

I agree with parts of this. The rating system bit is spot on' date=' I'm disappointing the Belgian League hasn't been reviewed at all since March this year and I did prefer it when they announced when a league was going to be reviewed and I think it was benefitial when they said roughly when each league woul be reviewed, when the Summer leagues were reviewed in June (mid season) and December (end of season) I think the bigger leagues should also follow this model, as three rating changes per season seems exessive and when they only review some leagues once a year or even less often, you have to wonder why you need to review a league that often.

I'm not sure however that a single month for rating changes is feasible though because after a year ratings would be extremely out of date like in PES/FIFA and the great thing about an online game is that it's generally more up to date than a game which isn't (although you can go online on FIFA and PES, I personally haven't done it).

[b']I can see your point regarding the ratings looking out of date. Maybe a 6 month or so wallop 'could' be better. I suggested around a year as in my own opinion, the only logical reason for such a silly change to the rating schedule was due to either either lack of time, cost of staff or both. So I figured a year could be feasible whilst eradicating/reducing those issues.

However with the announcement on twitter ( I have created a seperate thread for that as I believe it deserves its own:D ) that the community could end up doing a chunk of the ratings then we can assume that this is an issue which is being addressed.[/b]

A Game World Moderator would be difficult to implement. I guess you're suggesting one person (or a group of people) go and check reported deals and if they think they are illegal they'll get blocked but the ones which are legitimate will go through as normal, but I just think that too many deals are done in GCs to make this a feasible idea, hence the CPS. Plus SM are looking into the CPS and they've provided a link on this thread to the thread on here where you can flag any deal you think shouldn't have been prevented by the SMFA. It will take weeks or months to fix the problem though so for now we should just sit tight really.

Fair comment tbh. I cant really argue against that summarisation;)

I do agree with the star point system though, it'd be nice to know what kind of manager you're dealing with when it comes to how active they are.

Thanks for replying Jad. My responses in bold.

I think Rating Reviews should be done 4 days a week EVERY WEEK, WITHOUT FAIL. Hit & Miss is no good :(

SM can choose which days are most convenient to their workload but let's get RELIABLE. Oh and they can have Xmas Day Morning off too, as a bonus :D