Official AC Milan Thread

Re: Official AC Milan Thread

When/IF Ganso joins you he will fit in perfectly and will suit yours and the Serie A's style' date=' hes already class and can only get better, If he doesnt join AC Milan, Then Lamela is another option who they have been trying to get for a while.[/quote']

He'll be what seedorf was a few years back, hopefully. But these injury problems of his better stop. We already have too many injury prone players.

****, it'll hurt if he ends up at Inter in the end. He so suits us. They have Sneijder and Coutinho as his back up. Where do they expect to put Ganso?

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official AC Milan Thread Not, what a waste of a forumer..

As Ive recently noticed alot of Milan fans around the forum I feel its time for an Official SM Thread to be made for them, where fans can discuss matches, transfers and anything Milan related. I ask

Re: Official AC Milan Thread Hillarious^. I infer 2 things from the video. Either Real don't trust Ramos or Ronaldinho terrifies Real. Real always had 2 men on him. The only time he was 1 on 1 he bea

He'll be what seedorf was a few years back' date=' hopefully. But these injury problems of his better stop. We already have too many injury prone players.

****, it'll hurt if he ends up at Inter in the end. He so suits us. They have Sneijder and Coutinho as his back up. Where do they expect to put Ganso?[/quote']

He will be better than what Seedorf was a few years back ;)

He only had 1 bad injury and hes already fully recovered, I'm sure the likes of Pato, Robinho and Thiago Silva will be enough to attract Ganso to AC, Especially Robinho as he has a good connection with him on and off the pitch.

Guest Daragh

Adam - Yes' date=' I think he is good enough. He just hasnt been hyped up. He's better than Ranocchia. Probably among the best centre backs in Serie A this year.[/quote']

Have to agree with that last statement. Has gone from strength to strength at Cagliari, and has finally been rewarded with a call-up to the national team, which unfortunately resulted in a sending off. But that aside, the guy is a very talented player who'll easily make it a bigger side.

Darragh - Unlike some Milan fans' date=' Im pretty happy with him coming. I've always liked him but is he that good? Most fans want Astori instead of him. Also, without disrespecting Roma, AC Milan are AC Milan. We're top of the league and have a great history in the europe too. I think he'll take a place on the bench because he knows he'll still get enough game time to stay in the NT. I'd like to say TS is the best CB in the world too :D

Daragh- Who do you hope to see at Roma next season? I thought Borriello was doing well for you and that you have to buy him but I've heard he may be going to Genoa. I like Menez too. What would you think of Ancelotti going there? He's always said he'll manage you or someone like Ivory Coast. He'd probably bring Pirlo with him too.[/quote']

You shouldn't be asking me that question, you know what the answer will be :P Seriously though, I do believe he's that good. One of the best all round defenders around, in my opinion. I'd have him in my side without a second thought. He'd walk into most sides. I've pretty much expressed my thoughts above, so I won't say much more. With regards to your point about Astori, not sure if you've heard, but he's been one of the names thown into the mix as a possible replacement for Mexes. There have been hundreds of names linked with us due to the take over, but I wouldn't rule it out. Apparently (you'd be in a better position to comment on this) Milan were planning on using Astori next season (?), so the Mexes move certainly throws a bit of uncertainty into Astori's future, and the fact that Berlusconi gave us a "present" (his words, not mine) last Summer in Borriello after the Ibra signing, I wouldn't rule out us making a move for Astori in the Summer and buying Milan's rights to the player.

Good question, I've never even thought about it to be honest lol. Was always more concerned about losing Mexes, De Rossi (still not sorted out) and Pizarro. Pizarro, who until Ranieri's resignation had been heavily linked with a move out of the club. I posted my views on that situation on the Serie A thread, during Ranieri's reign. Such an important player for us. Anyway, I've never really thought about it, I suppose it depends on the figure that Di Benedetto will set for the Summer budget. Borriello is certainly an interesting one. Whether he'll be bought or not is uncertain, my guess would be that he'll be heading elsewhere. He's done well this season, but unfortunately for him, he's found a lot of time on the bench for a few reasons. Not sure if you read my post on the Serie A thread regarding Totti, but he's played a role in it, although, since Montella has taken charge, Totti has been playing very well, so Borriello's been forced to the bench. Although I hate to say it, as I do like him, I feel we'd be better off looking elsewhere. The 15 million set price could really be put to better use, particularly when Forlan was apparently available for a similar price and is apparently open to a move. We have a great set of strikers at the club though, so even someone like Pinilla as back up would be great, as Borriello clearly isn't happy with sitting on the bench (you can really tell!).

Who would I like to see brought in? Without putting much thought into this, the main priority will obviously be a replacement for Mexes. A few names who've been linked with us have been Lugano (for a good while now), Luisao, Gastaldello and Astori. Luisao, for me would be awesome but I would easily settle for Astori. We just need a good leader at the back, who'll communicate with his defence. We can be so unorganised at the back it's unreal. Juan hasn't been up to scratch, Burdisso just hasn't really performed to the level he did last season, and Mexes, well, he's leaving. There's just been a lack of communication at the back through out the season and some sides have just walked through. Lugano would be a smart signing.

Zaccardo has also been linked with us. Would be a fantastic move, in my opinion. We've seriously lacked any sort of competition at right back this season due to the departure of both Motta and Cicinho, and you could argue that we've lack some real quality there too. Cassetti has really improved since last season, but it's time we bought someone of better quality. Zaccardo would be great. Energetic, solid at the back, and will cause a threat going forward. However, if we were to splash the cash, I'd love to see us make a move for Cassani. Although he does tend to get caught out positionally quite a bit, and in fairness, we really don't need that at the moment with the way our defence have been performing (Burdisso even being called in at right back to tighten up the defence rather than playing a natural full back), he's a great player and I'd like to think he'd improve that part of his game at a club like Roma. Marchetti has also been linked with us. I'm a big fan. Its debatable as to whether we need him or not. Yes, Sergio hasn't exactly performed to the level he set last season, nor does Doni look the player he once was, but Doni has done alright since reclaiming his number one spot. Ideally, I'd love to have Marchetti, but the position isn't a number one priority, although, it does need to be looked at.

Lastly, a creative player wouldn't go amiss. Not necessarily a trequartista as thats where Menez is most effective, and thats where he wants to play, but maybe someone who could occupy a position out wide. Maybe someone such as Diego Fabbrini of Empoli. Such a talented player! Would absolutely love to have him at Roma.

To round that up:

• A replacement for Mexes (Luisao, Lugano, Astori)

• Marchetti

• Fabbrini

• Zaccardo/Cassani

• And possibly a back up striker (Pinilla possibly)

Obviously it'd be wishful thinking to expect all these to arrive. Just making a few suggestions as to where I'd like to see the side improved. Again, if you were to ask me this question again in the Summer, I may have a totally different answer for you. I'm doing this without much thought, purely because we don't know who'll be over us in the Summer just yet. It could be Montella, possibly Gasperini, or even Ancelotti. It's impossible to predict how the club will operate in the market because the future behind the scenes is uncertain at the moment, heck Sabatini might be arriving too, which may mean a totally different approach to the market. Until I know who the manager is, I can't really make a definite comment as they all prefer different systems.

As for your last question, Gasperini - who's come out and said that he's in the running for the job - would be my first choice for the job. Massive fan of his, fantastic manager. Always has his side well organised and very well drilled and always playing as a unit. What a magnificent job he done at Genoa. Had it not been for Preziosi's approach, Gasperini could have really pushed Genoa onto the next level in my opinion, but it's hard to do that when your chairman is constantly having a major reshuffle every Summer, particularly when he's bringing in several unwanted players (without consulting the manager) who don't fit into your system (which Gasperini came out and complained about). He'd be perfect for us, in my opinion. However, I'd be equally happy to see Montella given the job full time. Also, I really don't want Pirlo anywhere near the club. Read Yonathan's wall and you'll see my views :P Pizarro is a much better all round player than Pirlo. Anyway, question back at you, who do you hope to see at Milan next season?

Mexes > TS ;)

You want Luisao or Lugano? If these owners are as rich as they sound then you should try luring some young defender, who can play for years..like Milan I think Roma rely on older players, who arguably are still quality for both teams though. I heard about Kjaer going there? He'd be quality. Maybe Benatia. I forgot about Gasperini, he'd suit you. Would you welcome Spaletti back?

I'd hate to see Astori go to you too, you're a rival, he's Italian and he's a product of ours. Over the years, AC Milan have been dumb and not went for players from Roma, letting the likes of Cassano get away from us because of our 'good relationship'. Then you go steal our product! :eek::D

Being Italian and younger makes me want him over Mexes. Plus the extent of this injury for Mexes isn't very clear, Nesta was similar and we didnt see him for a whole season.

What do I want for the summer? So far exactly what I'm hearing.

AM : 1) Ganso 2)Eriksen 3) Lucas/Lamela

LB: 1)Taiwo (because hes free) 2)Coentrao 3)Vertonghen/Cissokho/Criscito

CB : 1) Astori 2)Mexes

Throw in a surprise or two as well..Maybe Sahin, rumoured to have a release clause of 6 mil. Maybe Balotelli? I also heard we may get Marchetti because of our great relationship with Genoa since the summer. It'd make little sense though, unless he's happy on the bench.

My other hope is that we extend Nesta, MVB, Gattuso, Ambro and Pirlo (much lower wages.) Release Seedorf, Jankulovski, Kaladze. Sell Onyewu,Oddo Bonera and maybe Flamini.

KPB to sign outright too.

So we look like this -

Abbiati

Abate Nesta TS Taiwo

Ambrosini MVB Boateng

Ganso

Pato Ibra

Guest Daragh

You want Luisao or Lugano? If these owners are as rich as they sound then you should try luring some young defender' date=' who can play for years..like Milan I think Roma rely on older players, who arguably are still quality for both teams though. I heard about Kjaer going there? He'd be quality. Maybe Benatia. I forgot about Gasperini, he'd suit you. Would you welcome Spaletti back?

I'd hate to see Astori go to you too, you're a rival, he's Italian and he's a product of ours. Over the years, AC Milan have been dumb and not went for players from Roma, letting the likes of Cassano get away from us because of our 'good relationship'. Then you go steal our product! :eek::D

Being Italian and younger makes me want him over Mexes. Plus the extent of this injury for Mexes isn't very clear, Nesta was similar and we didnt see him for a whole season.

What do I want for the summer? So far exactly what I'm hearing.

[b']AM : 1) Ganso 2)Eriksen 3) Lucas/Lamela

LB: 1)Taiwo (because hes free) 2)Coentrao 3)Vertonghen/Cissokho/Criscito

CB : 1) Astori 2)Mexes [/b]

Throw in a surprise or two as well..Maybe Sahin, rumoured to have a release clause of 6 mil. Maybe Balotelli? I also heard we may get Marchetti because of our great relationship with Genoa since the summer. It'd make little sense though, unless he's happy on the bench.

My other hope is that we extend Nesta, MVB, Gattuso, Ambro and Pirlo (much lower wages.) Release Seedorf, Jankulovski, Kaladze. Sell Onyewu,Oddo Bonera and maybe Flamini.

KPB to sign outright too.

So we look like this -

Abbiati

Abate Nesta TS Taiwo

Ambrosini MVB Boateng

Ganso

Pato Ibra

I was going to put at the end of my post, "Not very exciting, is it?" lol. Considering the names we've been linked with, you probably would've expected a much more attractive list of names than that. However, I'm just taking the rumours with a pinch of salt at the moment, it happens after every take over, it doesn't mean he'll immediately invest heavily in the Summer. Di Benedetto has a massive job ahead of him, so I'd just like to wait and see what his plans are first. If he's looking to invest heavily, then I'm all for bringing in a top quality striker too :P

Aye, I've heard the Kjaer rumours today. I'd rather Luisao/Lugano. Pretty much for the reasons I've pointed out already. One thing we seriously need is a leader at the back, someone who'll communicate to his defence and get them organised, and at the moment, while Burdisso is great at that, he's not had the best of seasons. Luisao or Lugano would be awesome, I feel. To bring in a young player to an already vulnerable defence may not be the best thing to do, unless like Kjaer, he has experience in Serie A and has shown a strong mentality. If we were to buy a young central defender, I'd love it to be Camporese of Fiorentina. Very talented player. I'd happily take Luisao/Lugano and Camporese and allow Juan to return to Brazil - a few clubs have apparently been looking at him, although he's said that he'll honour his contract.

I really feel its time to cash in on Taddei, and Fiorentina were enquiring about him last season, so if they were to revive their interest, it'd be great if we could potentially involve even 50% of Camporese's rights in the deal. Highly unlikely, but I'd like to see it.

Most definately. I'd love to see Spalletti back. Great manager and a great guy. Loves the club and the fans love him. He has a great vision of the game, and the benefits of having him back is that he knows the majority of the squad already. I think I'd still rather have Gasperini though, although, I'd like to think if he arrives that he'll not play his usual three man backline. Certainly exciting times ahead though!

Interesting targets. Has there been a set price for KPB? Or has that yet to be decided? Is Balotelli really needed though? Allegri would have his work cut out trying to keep everyone happy. Then again, I'd not complain, maybe we could sneek Cassano back to the capital ;):P

Also, what do you make of Ibra last night? Such a stupid thing to do. Just back and he gets another three match ban. Why do that when you're approaching the run in, such an important set of fixtures coming up, the last thing Milan need is a needless suspension to a key player.

I've always been a fan of Ibrahimovic, even parts of his character but after last night, I'm pretty annoyed with him. We already dropped points against Lecce and Palermo needlessly because we were without him and now we'll miss him against 3 weak teams, where we need him most. Teams at the bottom love to park the bus and his strength and vision was crucial to grinding them down. Hopefully Pato, Binho and KPB can use their pace and movement like they have done recently to get us through to the game against you, when he'll return.

I'm almost 100% sure KPB will sign for us anyway. I think it was agreed at 8 mil euros but we'll whittle it down some more :D

How do you see the top 6 finishing?

Guest Daragh

I've always been a fan of Ibrahimovic' date=' even parts of his character but after last night, I'm pretty annoyed with him. We already dropped points against Lecce and Palermo needlessly because we were without him and now we'll miss him against 3 weak teams, where we need him most. Teams at the bottom love to park the bus and his strength and vision was crucial to grinding them down. Hopefully Pato, Binho and KPB can use their pace and movement like they have done recently to get us through to the game against you, when he'll return.

I'm almost 100% sure KPB will sign for us anyway. I think it was agreed at 8 mil euros but we'll whittle it down some more :D

How do you see the top 6 finishing?[/quote']

True, however, some Milan fans seem to feel the side play a more fluent style without Ibra, although I have to agree with what you're saying. He's played a crucial part in breaking down the smaller sides, it's important to have him in the final run in.

As for the table. Its so hard to predict. I can only see Milan winning it. As much as I'd like to see Napoli win it, I just can't see where Napoli could possibly gain points on Milan. Allegri has the easier run in. He has to travel to both Roma and Udinese, however, Napoli host Inter in week 37, and then travel to Turin to play Juve in the last game, not to mention a few tricky fixtures in between such as Palermo, Genoa and a somewhat revitalised Lecce side, who really need the points. They also host Udinese next week, which is a must win. I'd say something along the lines of,

Milan

Inter

Napoli

Roma

Udinese

Lazio

Notice the bias when it comes to Roma and Lazio :P I really struggled to decide who goes where. I mean, Napoli have a very interesting run in, so I feel the meeting with Inter may decide who takes second. The rest is just a little bit biased on my behalf :P One can hope ;):D

How do you see it finishing?

B-E-A-UTIFUL

From the start we owned this game, great passing, great movement, great team.

Sad to see Abbiati and Pato get injured, hopefully its nothing serious.

Napoli have difficult games and are effectively 4 points behind us so it's ours to lose.

After tonights performance, I'd put us as the 3rd best team in europe behind Barca and RM. Next season with Van Bommel and Cassano and other new signings (Ganso), hopefully we can really go back to being at the top in europe. :D

Looks like Taiwo is on his way to Milan

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/04/26/2458653/olympique-de-marseilles-taye-taiwo-agrees-terms-with-ac

I know its goal.com but I already heard this from the local newspaper so...

What is the general feeling from milan fans about this move?

I wouldn't mind him but if we want to retain the title next season we shouldn't sign mediocre players, even if he is free but he'd be a good sub :)

Honestly, I thought Taiwo was a good player?:) Better than Antonini at least, and definitely good attacking.

Unless we have help from Berlu (which is possible) then all our money from players leaving, competition money etc will be going on Ganso. And I think everybody supports this because he is potentially world class and still young.

Therefore a player like Taiwo can fill the other position we need to improve and he wont cost much. Plus he's probably got a lower wage than most of our reserves.

Lets remember Jankulovski, Legrro and Onyewu are definitely leaving. I'd say 80% Pirlo is leaving. Seedorf = 70%. Antonini, Bonera and Flamini could be on their way out too so this will be a summer of change for Milan. We've promised Ibra a team to go for Europe and now Allegri has even said that it will be our priority. Ganso, Taiwo and Astori/Mexes could be enough, but I am honestly expecting more.

Honestly' date=' I thought Taiwo was a good player?:) Better than Antonini at least, and definitely good attacking.

Unless we have help from Berlu (which is possible) then all our money from players leaving, competition money etc will be going on Ganso. And I think everybody supports this because he is potentially world class and still young.

Therefore a player like Taiwo can fill the other position we need to improve and he wont cost much. Plus he's probably got a lower wage than most of our reserves.

Lets remember Jankulovski, Legrro and Onyewu are definitely leaving. I'd say 80% Pirlo is leaving. Seedorf = 70%. Antonini, Bonera and Flamini could be on their way out too so this will be a summer of change for Milan. We've promised Ibra a team to go for Europe and now Allegri has even said that it will be our priority. Ganso, Taiwo and Astori/Mexes could be enough, but I am honestly expecting more.[/quote']

Why would Pirlo leave?

anyway

IMO this are the transfers that are going to happen in the summer

99% coming 50% coming

Mexes l Ganso(due to intrest from inter this is not 99%)

Taiwo l Farfan (agent has been seen in Milan - no reports)

Boateng(permanent) l Marchetti

Ibrahimovic(permanent)

Unlikely

C.Ronaldo

Podolski

Neymar

Hulk

IMO these are the players that are going out in the summer

99% leaving 50% leaving

Onyewu l Seedorf

Janko l Gattuso

Strasser (loan) l Ambrosini

Legroo l Sokrotis

Vidac (loan) l Cassano(if world class strikers are brought in)

Unlikely

Pato

Pirlo

Van Bommel

My opinian B)