blocking players

Scrags

I would like to suggest an addition to the management system.

Sometimes a manager joines a gameworld and continuously pester's you. You can write to them and tell them that you are happy with your squad, but because of jelousy they decide they want to annoy you. It then forces you to make your players unavailable as even stupidly high minimum fee's they will still bid then withdraw just to be annoying. I have come accross this behaviour a few times and it makes life very difficult.

I personally dont like to make my players unavailable as i'm always open to listen to good offer's. But sometimes someone joines and because you wont sell then aguero for 28.5mill, and then dont sell them pique for 27.5mill they get upset, sometimes they write and say, hey look you have such a big squad of good players - but they dont realise what you have put into the game to make that situation.

when the mail's start, it is possible to block them, which is great, i usually dont report them for being abusive, but if they catch me on a bad day or i think they are being too abusive then i will, but usually i try to be calm and explain the effort i've put in to make my team, so why would i sell them aguero for 28.5mill when i paid 50mill + munian + lisandro (as an example). if this does not work and they continue to pester i simply block them.

What i would like is for a block option within the club. so that you can block a manager from making any bids on your players, therefore leaving you to play the game normally without being pestered by these childish antics.

Thanks for looking into this, Scrags

• 2 weeks later...

Re: blocking players

I wish I had seen this post/thread earlier.

I just posted something similar in the 'Unresponsive Managers...' thread & was about to create a new thread regarding this issue when I saw this.

Some gameworlds are simply spoiled by manager's being ridiculous with repeatedly low bids. They keep badgering you with them while PM's sent to these types clearly explaining your reasoning for refusing the offer don't seem to matter to them.

I agree that there should be something that a manager on the 'receiving' end of such bids/behaviour should be able to do other than reject or ignore each ridiculous bid.

We can block PM's from managers so I'm in agreement that we should be able to block bids from them as well. I've never blocked PM's from anyone but I would surely use the latter feature, if implemented, for similar reasons as Scrags posted.

We could then decide to remove the block after time or it would automatically be taken off once the 'offending' manager has resigned.

Just a thought.

And what happens if they a few weeks later message you regarding something your interested in? oh wait you wouldnt know because you have them blocked lol

I never said that PM'ing me was unavailable.

Whenever I get a bid for one of my players I generally look over the bidding manager's squad. If there is nothing there of interest I let the other manager know via PM. If they keep badgering me with the low cash or player bids then at that point I'd turn them 'off' (block bids).

Is anything lost at that point? No.

And what happens if they a few weeks later message you regarding something your interested in? oh wait you wouldnt know because you have them blocked lol

any manager who has bugged me enough to make me want to block there bids, i dont want to trade with in any shape or form. if they have a player i want then i'd rather buy that player from someone else after they sell him on than encourage the manager from Bell End.

I find it a crazy situation where we can be 'harrassed' by people just becuase they want us to sell our best players for next to nothing.

This is always about new managers who join, the same ones who complain about squad size. I know becuase when i started i was one of them (sad to admit but true).

It's only when you get into the game and understand the mechanics of how things work that you learn to change your approach. however some managers never seem to, my guess it's usually the younger ones. but i have honestly had occasion in a couple of GW's where i log on to 100 messages over night where they have bid and cancelled on a player - this happened becuase after refusing to sell a top player (in one case aguero for 30mill after i'd paid 50mil + lisandro + munian). this player kept bidding the same amount, i kept declining, then eventually i just left the bid un-answered. thats when i started, every day i got 100 new club messages of bid/cancel which i had to delete - too make things worse, with the new layout SM have implemented - you can now only delete messages 1 at a time!!!