English Premiership Rating Predictions 2011/2012

TheDuffman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions 2011/2012

Ello there Duffy!

Nice work this here! But one thing that stood out and that i really have to disagree with is the fact that you've only warranted Vellios a +3 ... With 10 games 3 goals with an Everton side that sits in 10th ... I'd go as far as to say that He's atleast as good as Macheda ( 83 ).

+3 to 80 just aint good enough ... :P just my two cents mate :P

Ello there Duffy!

Nice work this here! But one thing that stood out and that i really have to disagree with is the fact that you've only warranted Vellios a +3 ... With 10 games 3 goals with an Everton side that sits in 10th ... I'd go as far as to say that He's atleast as good as Macheda ( 83 ).

+3 to 80 just aint good enough ... :P just my two cents mate :P

Take a look at the minutes he has played: 238.

I don't think that a +6 would be correct, +3 sounds pretty good to me.

Sorry about these lads College has been so much more intense and time consuming than I expected plus my Laptops decided to blown up so there now there's no way I'll be able to finish them however I'm willing to take questions on any players except the ones I've already predicted.

And Elohim Vellios will not get a +6 he's a sub think he got his first start last weekend however he is a great long term buy and with Everton not having the biggest funds to bring in new players I'd expect him to be in for more minutes and further rises :)

Sorry about these lads College has been so much more intense and time consuming than I expected plus my Laptops decided to blown up so there now there's no way I'll be able to finish them however I'm willing to take questions on any players except the ones I've already predicted.

And Elohim Vellios will not get a +6 he's a sub think he got his first start last weekend however he is a great long term buy and with Everton not having the biggest funds to bring in new players I'd expect him to be in for more minutes and further rises :)

I'll go first then (7777 related questions ;)). Do you think Whelan has a chance of winning what with Ireland, Premier League and going through in the Europa League? Also, what rating would you predict for Bradley Johnson? It seems to be between 84 and 85 for me.

Just put Macheda's rating up there as an example ' date=' never stated he should be an 83, I said he's as good as Macheda is ( Remember when Macheda was the super sub ) ?

10 appearances with 3 goals should warrant a 80+ rise atleast even with few minutes played ... 3 goals in PL aint that bad of someone U-20 mate :P

I'd put Guidetti and Vellios at the same rating ... ( 81 ) My opinion and we'll see who is correct mate ;)[/center']

With Man Utd kicked out of the Champions League I guess we can forget about Rooney's 96 chances (or he has to do extremely good in the EPL, but even then..). Any other possible rises that we can forget about now? And how about some players who got closer to dropping?

I gone through some of the ratings at TooN and Kyle. Just find some players worth another look.

Laurent Koscielny: Should be 90. (Arsenal 2nd best CB after Verm)

Vincent Kompany: Should be 93. (Probably EPL best CB at the moment)

Tevez/DeJong: Drop 1 each.

David de Gea: Should remain 89.

Anderson: Should remain 90.

Ryan Shawcross: Possible rise to 89.

Charlie Adam: 89 enough.

Lucas Leiva: Possible 91 especially considered as an individual.

Tim Krul: Up to 87 is good until end of season.

Jonathan Walters: +1 yes.

With Man Utd kicked out of the Champions League I guess we can forget about Rooney's 96 chances (or he has to do extremely good in the EPL' date=' but even then..). Any other possible rises that we can forget about now? And how about some players who got closer to dropping?[/quote']

Rooney hasn't scored for almost 3 months, why on earth would he rise anyway even if United were still in the champions league?

I gone through some of the ratings at TooN and Kyle. Just find some players worth another look.

Laurent Koscielny: Should be 90. (Arsenal 2nd best CB after Verm) Unlikely

Vincent Kompany: Should be 93. (Probably EPL best CB at the moment)Yes

Tevez/DeJong: Drop 1 each.Yes for Tevez not sure about DeJong

David de Gea: Should remain 89.Yes for now

Anderson: Should remain 90.yes

Ryan Shawcross: Possible rise to 89.maybe

Charlie Adam: 89 enough.yes

Lucas Leiva: Possible 91 especially considered as an individual.Unlikely because he's just picked up a big injury

Tim Krul: Up to 87 is good until end of season.should get 87 these changes and could be 88/89 if he keeps it up

Jonathan Walters: +1 yes.I'd agree

My thoughts in bold

I'll go first then (7777 related questions ;)). Do you think Whelan has a chance of winning what with Ireland' date=' Premier League and going through in the Europa League? Also, what rating would you predict for Bradley Johnson? It seems to be between 84 and 85 for me.[/quote']

I don't know what you asking about with Whelan chance of winning? :P

Bradley Johnson should get a 84 in my opinion the same as Draxler I'd advice keeping hold of him after the Changes tho as he's been rumored to be in Capellos thoughts for future England squads (if I remember correctly) he could be 86/87 by the end of the season as I could see Norwich staying up.

Just put Macheda's rating up there as an example ' date=' never stated he should be an 83, I said he's as good as Macheda is ( Remember when Macheda was the super sub ) ?

10 appearances with 3 goals should warrant a 80+ rise atleast even with few minutes played ... 3 goals in PL aint that bad of someone U-20 mate :P

I'd put Guidetti and Vellios at the same rating ... ( 81 ) My opinion and we'll see who is correct mate ;)[/center']

If I remember correctly Macheda also had a loan move to Sampadoria in which he played 14 games I think that was a contributor to him either getting or retaining he's 83 along with this when Macheda burst on the scene there was alot of hype surrounding him because he played for Manchester United which is a massive factor when it came to Sm rising him. finally he's last increase was +3 which proved that he was risen in stages if not then he was added at 80 and got a rise later on. I do understand why you think Vellios should be higher than vie predicted although to compare him to Machedas hard considering Everton arnt in Europe Meaning Vellios doesnt get minutes in Europe Manchester United are And Macheda has been playing a part in games also no offense to Everton but there a much smaller club than United and Finally in recent times It seems Sm are much more convective with there rises(ignore German) he'll get a small rise in my opinion unless he starts and plays the majority of minutes in the next few games before the changes.

With Man Utd kicked out of the Champions League I guess we can forget about Rooney's 96 chances (or he has to do extremely good in the EPL' date=' but even then..). Any other possible rises that we can forget about now? And how about some players who got closer to dropping?[/quote']

Not a chance his early season form has gone due to hum being asked to play a advanced midfield role which IMO he's adapted to okay although needs constant service and without it becomes frustrated and has a bad game. Will stay 95 and personally can't see him getting 96 this season unless United invest in some next Midfielders so Rooney can go back to playing his old role and he's hits some serouis form!

I've seen there's a lot of rating threads for the upcoming review. One thing that's striken me is that no thread points in the direction of a drop for Petr Cech. I've watched Chelsea about seven times this season and from what I've seen I don't think Cech has acted like a 94-rated keeper. Therefore it surprises me that no thread is putting him at a possible drop. Can anybody tell me why?

I've seen there's a lot of rating threads for the upcoming review. One thing that's striken me is that no thread points in the direction of a drop for Petr Cech. I've watched Chelsea about seven times this season and from what I've seen I don't think Cech has acted like a 94-rated keeper. Therefore it surprises me that no thread is putting him at a possible drop. Can anybody tell me why?

Because he's still widely regarded as one of the best GK in the game right now?

GK role is dependent on many other players. Especially if the defenders lack communication, it is even more difficult for the GK. 94 seems alright, but 93 seems a little shortchange, probably the reason why no change.

I also find SM stat on GK not very useful (or all stat), lol.. they just make up the XI average. Lower rated GK can easily get better performance.

He was injured at the start of the season and has taken a while to fully recover although in recent weeks he has been looking better I can't see Sm dropping him personally well not these changes anyway.

He was injured at the start of the season and has taken a while to fully recover although in recent weeks he has been looking better I can't see Sm dropping him personally well not these changes anyway.

Ok, thanks for clearing that out. I hope to see him back at full performance again!

Could someone tell me why Heitinga could drop to 89? Has he not been playing? Or is he playing badly?

IMO he won't drop. He didn't play much at the start of the season but lately he's been in the start up and he's also played for national team so I don't think you'll have to worry about it.

I know he was injured at the end of last season. Maybe he didn't catch up from that injury at the start of this season and that was the reason he had to warm the bench for a while.

Could someone tell me why Heitinga could drop to 89? Has he not been playing? Or is he playing badly?

I personally believe he'll drop or should do as he simply isn't good enough to be rated 90. That along with Everton having a poor start to the season where he has been very average when he has played, I'd say he was a shoe-in for a -1 drop.

Theo Wallcot 91-92

David Luiz 90

John Obi Mikel 91

Santos ramires 92

Peter Crouch 89-90

Andy Carroll 89

That's my opinion.. Comment.. :)

You should use the ratings on the first post mate, their researched thoroughly by a top forumer who know's his stuff.

Regards to your predictions. I'm glad you don't do the official ratings every player would warrant a rise by the looks of it.

Walcott has a 50/50 of a +1

Luiz will stay for now has started to perform well alongside Terry

Mikel should stay but has more chance of a drop than a rise.

Ramires again a 50/50 for 92

Crouch should stay 89 and again has more chance of a drop than rise.

Carroll, you must be bad to give him a +1 unless your a Liverpool fan of course, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a drop to 87.

Theo Wallcot 91-92 his current rating is enough he's not consistent enough

David Luiz 90 can't see him dropping or rising

John Obi Mikel 91 can't see him dropping or rising

Santos ramires 92 playing well enough to get it I'd say it's 60/40

Peter Crouch 89-90 got Europa league minutes I cant see a drop

Andy Carroll 89 if he does then I'd be surprised hasn't played well enough to warrant a rise

That's my opinion.. Comment.. :)

My opinions in bold.

I watch Man United every week (season ticket! B)), so I'll give my opinion if that's ok :P Doesn't look like they've been done so I'll help you out! Gonna explain why under each of them too

Red - Drop

Orange - May Drop

Light Green - May Rise

Dark Green - Will Rise

David de Gea 89 -> 89/90

- Many good performances, but also many slip ups. I'd say a rise is 70:30.

Tomasz Kuszczak 87 -> 86

- Slipped to 4th choice, even behind Ben Amos

Anders Lindegaard 86 -> 86/87

- A fair few starts in the PL & CL, played well in all, may warrant a rise. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Ben Amos 78 -> 78/79

- Started all Carling cup games but whether he'll rise or not is debatable. I'd guess no, but there is a possibility, however slight.

Nemanja Vidic 96 -> 96

Rio Ferdinand 94 -> 93

- Poor season by his standards, almost guaranteed to drop

Patrice Evra 94 -> 94/93

- Lots of people saying Evra will stay, I disagree. He's been one of United's worst performers for a very long time now, often at fault for goals. However, he doesn't get much bad press for it, so debatable whether SM will drop him.

Rafael 89 -> 89

Jonny Evans 88 -> 88

Phil Jones 87 -> 89 + Def/DM

- Most starts for United, been an excellent performer. Played RB a lot too, but he can't be RB/CB/DM, so he'll either get Def or stay CD/DM

Chris Smalling 87 -> 88 + CB/RB

- Injury will certainly mean no 89, but in the next changes he could be getting that. As with Jones, often plays RB now.

Fabio 86 -> 86

Fryers 75 -> 76

- Played in most of the Carling Cup games, should get a little rise.

Luis Nani 92 -> 93

- Imo, almost certain to rise. United's best performer by far and has really matured these past few season. I'd be surprised if he doesn't rise.

Ryan Giggs 92 -> 91

- Still decent but rarely plays, almost guarantees he'll drop.

Michael Carrick 92 -> 92/91

- Despite often being called ****, he often performs well, very good at ball retention. Debatable whether he'll drop, SM should wait 'til the next review.

Darren Fletcher 92 -> 92/91

- Same as Carrick really. Plays well sometimes, other times not. However the mystery virus he had seems to have knocked the stuffing out of him a bit, more likely to drop than Carrick imo.

Antonio Valencia 91 -> 91

Ji-Sung Park 91 -> 91/90

May drop, his main attribute is his energy, but it looks like age is catching him up this season.

Anderson 90 -> 90

- Early season form dropped off fast. Now injured, won't rise.

Ashley Young 90 -> 90/91

- Same as Anderson, good start but dropped off. I'd give him more of a chance to rise though, purely because he's starting at a big club.

Tom Cleverley 86 -> 87

- Injured but United were different class when he was playing. Will only get a small rise now but certainly 90+ in the future and a starter, snap him up!

Darron Gibson 86 -> 85

- Mr. Shoot first, ask questions later. Relegated to the reserves, almost guaranteed to drop.

Paul Pogba 75 -> 76/77

Impressed the most out of the Carling Cup kiddies, will certainly rise, but not much.

Ravel Morrison 75 -> 76

- Supposedly the biggest talent, Carling Cup starts may reward a little rise.

Wayne Rooney 95 -> 95

- As with so many others, early season form trailed off and definitely won't rise now.

Dimitar Berbatov 93 -> 92

- Top scorer of last season can't get a game. Definite drop.

Chicharito 90 -> 90

- Too injured to rise.

Michael Owen 88 -> 88

Danny Welbeck 87 -> 88

- Looked decent when he's played, will get 88.

Mame Biram Diouf 86 -> 85

- Mostly joins Gibson in the reserves, be lucky to stay 86.

Federico Macheda 83 -> 83

Think that's everyone. Be interesting to see how United getting dumped out of the Champions League and Carling Cup will affect the ratings. Any questions, leme know!

Archived