Sign in to follow this  
TheDuffman

English Premiership Rating Predictions 2011/2012

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions 2011/2012

Anyone else think SM could notify us when changes are/aren't happening? Have absolutely no problem with them taking time off - but nice to know if your players aren't going to rise before your next game..

It can't be too much work seeing as we get a notification each time they create a GC..

I think you can safely assume being Easter, that most SM staff members will be on Holiday and as such ratings will be put on hold until after said holidays. So give it until next week and if no changes have been made by Tuesday then they probably won't start again until about the 23rd/24th of April.

Nope changes are back on gerrard dropped reina dropped and dempsey rised plus a load more :P but no other changes in the 90`s apart from kuyt`s drop. :D

the rest will probably be done tomorrow. cant wait, the most exciting part of this league :P

Yupp if things stand with my rating predictions il do very well ' date=' very shocked dembele went to 89. hes done nothing.[/quote']

Dembele's been fantastic all season, thoroughly deserves his 89 and could even reach 90 in June. All the big English clubs are looking at Dembele for a reason...

People want him because he hasnt got long left on his contract

... and because he's a decent player. It'd be a daft transfer policy that just bought up out of contract players regardless of how good they were :P

Think SM have been a bit lenient with an 89 but something's telling me Fulham have been a bit underrated for ages...

His potential?

He'll rise steadily to around 88 just by keeping his regular spot which looks likely. If Sunderland improve as a team (probable) or he features for his national side (almost certain) then he can knock on the door of 90 IMO.

He'll go up by another 1 or 2 at the end of the season if he keeps playing.

tbf his record is terrible reason why im rather shocked. 1 goal and 4 assists in 40 apparences. Still fair enough ' date=' with some of the changes in mind the rest should be interesting[/b']

Wait? What..... We are talking about Dempsey here. He has 22 goals this season.

Dembele reminds me of Modric, a creative midfielder who's stats don't reflect on the quality of the player. IMO Dembele is one of Fulhams better players and could quite easily play for one of the top prem teams.

I for one am pleased Dembele has risen.

Stats are not and should not be the be all and end all, especially at the 88+ range. Dembele may not have scored many (and assist stats are worthless IMO: fair amount of luck involved whether you have a clinical finisher on the end and it isn't the final ball that is always the key factor in making a goal) but has played very well for Fulham in a more deeper lying role as a creative CM.

Seeing as Reina, Gerrard and Kuyt all dropped, would expect that some of the other overrated players may drop - I'm looking at you John Obi Mikel..

Stats are not and should not be the be all and end all' date=' especially at the 88+ range. Dembele may not have scored many (and assist stats are worthless IMO: fair amount of luck involved whether you have a clinical finisher on the end and it isn't the final ball that is always the key factor in making a goal) but has played very well for Fulham in a more deeper lying role as a creative CM.

Seeing as Reina, Gerrard and Kuyt all dropped, would expect that some of the other overrated players may drop - I'm looking at you John Obi Mikel..[/quote']

I reckon ratings will take two days.

Half tomorrow and top 3 or 4 on saturday. Then they can start spain next week

Stats are not and should not be the be all and end all' date=' especially at the 88+ range. Dembele may not have scored many (and assist stats are worthless IMO: fair amount of luck involved whether you have a clinical finisher on the end and it isn't the final ball that is always the key factor in making a goal) but has played very well for Fulham in a more deeper lying role as a creative CM.

Seeing as Reina, Gerrard and Kuyt all dropped, would expect that some of the other overrated players may drop - I'm looking at you John Obi Mikel..[/quote']

I understand the sentiment that stats should be the sole basis of a rating but to call assist stats worthless is absurd. The assister in most cases has provided the pass which created the goal scoring opportunity, if the pass is bad, the cross is bad, there is no goal scoring opportunity.

Dembele reminds me of Modric' date=' a creative midfielder who's stats don't reflect on the quality of the player. IMO Dembele is one of Fulhams better players and could quite easily play for one of the top prem teams.[/quote']

Completely agree r.e the Modric comparison.

I reckon ratings will take two days.

Half tomorrow and top 3 or 4 on saturday. Then they can start spain next week

Agree with this also, Toon, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal tomorrow. City and United Saturday. Although they might rush it and do all 6.