Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed?

ermm dont know if you all have noticed but SM have been reviewing 2 leagues simultaneously...which wasnt done before.

soccerwiki has improved SM so much. i could post the list of all the new players and edits i personally have done but it would run for pages.

if you want an idea how good it is, login to soccerwiki and views the recent changes pages. it runs into hundreds. now how long would that of taken using the old method where you could submit one change at time.

have a little patience, doesnt seem to be any pleasing everyone here, SM are doing a little housekeeping with the minor leagues which is what many of you were crying out for. serbia stopped halfway thorough so SM could catch up with the 3rd divisions in France & Germany........now ur getting the rest of Serbia & South Africa. think of the time and effort needed to go into such leagues, they are very obscure and need alot of attention to detail.

lets not also forget the transfer windows in most of the major leagues shut recently and alot of players needed club edits..therefore taking up time...

once these minor leagues are out the way, i expect SM & soccerwiki to crack on and get everything bang up to date.

Yet another day of no update on Serbia or South Africa.

I have no issues with them taking a break and doing other things, just don't do it whilst in the middle of a league!

And SW is a pile of nonsense. I edited several players which were all rejected, then 2 weeks later someone did it again and it was accepted. So stupid.

Also why does someone keep editing Dembele but STILL getting his name wrong. It's amateur.

Yet another day of no update on Serbia or South Africa.

I have no issues with them taking a break and doing other things' date=' just don't do it whilst in the middle of a league!

And SW is a pile of nonsense. I edited several players which were all rejected, then 2 weeks later someone did it again and it was accepted. So stupid.

Also why does someone keep editing Dembele but STILL getting his name wrong. It's amateur.[/quote']

might want to re check your game worlds....i had loads of changes.

FK Javor

OFK Beograd

Spartak ZV

Radnicki 1923

Supersport utd

Moroka Swallows

Orlando Pirates

just some clubs done today. more than what SM would usually do..

might want to re check your game worlds....i had loads of changes.

FK Javor

OFK Beograd

Spartak ZV

Radnicki 1923

Supersport utd

Moroka Swallows

Orlando Pirates

just some clubs done today. more than what SM would usually do..

At the time of writing nothing had been updated hence my comment. Appears they are either slow at updating the page or the update time has changed (which I doubt)

Seriously though are they trying to annoy the people that play the game or what? I can't see any problems that would arise from letting people know what leagues are going to be reviewed at least a few days beforehand. Serbian players I bought two weeks ago still haven't been reviewed and to add to that two of the South African players I bid on yesterday already rose which means my bids will be rejected. It also messed up values of a couple of other players I bid on which means I have to rebid on those and knowing this game they'll rise before those bids go through.

Seriously if someone can give me a good reason why Soccer Manager can't announce every league they are about to review at least 3 days before they start then I'll accept it. But it just seems a bit stupid to me...

Seriously though are they trying to annoy the people that play the game or what? I can't see any problems that would arise from letting people know what leagues are going to be reviewed at least a few days beforehand. Serbian players I bought two weeks ago still haven't been reviewed and to add to that two of the South African players I bid on yesterday already rose which means my bids will be rejected. It also messed up values of a couple of other players I bid on which means I have to rebid on those and knowing this game they'll rise before those bids go through.

Seriously if someone can give me a good reason why Soccer Manager can't announce every league they are about to review at least 3 days before they start then I'll accept it. But it just seems a bit stupid to me...

I think they wanted to put stop to people like me who had squads of 200+ players, and was posting the results on here for others to get some decent pickings.

For me, they have taken the most interesting bit out of the game in doing so!

I think they wanted to put stop to people like me who had squads of 200+ players' date=' and was posting the results on here for others to get some decent pickings.

For me, they have taken the most interesting bit out of the game in doing so![/quote']

I agree with you (for once), the days when we had a full timetable of when the changes were happening were a lot better instead of having to guess.

I think they wanted to put stop to people like me who had squads of 200+ players' date=' and was posting the results on here for others to get some decent pickings.

For me, they have taken the most interesting bit out of the game in doing so![/quote']

Totally Agree With .RC and IanMcCo!

I agree with you (for once)' date=' the days when we had a full timetable of when the changes were happening were a lot better instead of having to guess.[/quote']

how is that better? it helps the rich get richer as they can take the best risers in an upcoming review if they know its coming.

its far better having a random schedule, IMO stops player hoarding as who knows when your guys will be reviewed if ur signing every riser going..

you missed a couple risers...oh well. there are thousands more out there! go scouting!

how is that better? it helps the rich get richer as they can take the best risers in an upcoming review if they know its coming.

its far better having a random schedule' date=' IMO stops player hoarding as who knows when your guys will be reviewed if ur signing every riser going..

you missed a couple risers...oh well. there are thousands more out there! go scouting![/quote']

It was a lot easier than being told that in a day a league us being reviewed.

its far better having a random schedule' date=' IMO stops player hoarding as who knows when your guys will be reviewed if ur signing every riser going..

you missed a couple risers...oh well. there are thousands more out there! go scouting![/quote']

It doesn't stop player hoarding, it only lowers the profit margin, I still hoard players (in some of my teams, not all), after the first ten games of the season, if they've played quite a few of these games or even a few from last season then I buy them and sit on them, don't overly care about the profit margin, only getting one over on my rivals and scouting the next best player. the randomness of the ratings changes does nothing, it only ensures that the poor stay poor, since they have no ability to do the same as I do, they can't afford to sit on players to the same extent I can.

It doesn't stop player hoarding' date=' it only lowers the profit margin, I still hoard players (in some of my teams, not all), after the first ten games of the season, if they've played quite a few of these games or even a few from last season then I buy them and sit on them, don't overly care about the profit margin, only getting one over on my rivals and scouting the next best player. the randomness of the ratings changes does nothing, it only ensures that the poor stay poor, since they have no ability to do the same as I do, they can't afford to sit on players to the same extent I can.[/quote']

^ and when that's happening anyway why shouldn't we just have the *easier* full timetable.

But don't you see. This is a football manager game. But people with 150+ squads are playing this like its a trading card game, not a football manager game.

This game has a unique aspect in which players do not improve through training and playing in the first team. They mimic real life and get updated accordingly. But as far as I can see, all you are doing is taking advantage of that to make extra money.

Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. But for a game that is trying to mimic real life, you are doing the exact opposite.

Surely if you were a good enough manager you would already have the players in the squad! ;)

Do we have to explain this again' date=' it's nothing to do with how good you are as a manager. Many people like challenges such as starting in the bottom divisions and working their way up, the best way to do this is (as I'm sure you know) to buy and sell risers. Managers want to buy players that they know are about to rise to make the most of their money ratings wise. Sure we could buy the risers and hope they rise in time to be of benefit to the squad/results but what is the problem with SM giving a list of the next 3-5 reviews coming up to give you chance to scout those leagues and sign the players before their rating increases.

Even if you weren't buying these players to play (just to make money) whats the point in signing players that might not get reviewed for another 1+years when the wages might've wiped out any potential profit.

I think they wanted to put stop to people like me who had squads of 200+ players, and was posting the results on here for others to get some decent pickings.

For me, they have taken the most interesting bit out of the game in doing so!

Seen that argument before, I don't see how this could stop hoarding?

This just means that hoarding with big clubs becomes more, surely-as they are the ones who can afford to 'sit' on a player who might not rise for another 1+year...

But don't you see. This is a football manager game. But people with 150+ squads are playing this like its a trading card game' date=' not a football manager game.[/quote']

If that pathetic match engine wasn't as awful as it is, yes it would look more like a manager game. But unfortunately, with that pathetic match engine, the most fun and interesting part of the game for many of us, what still keeps us around, is the scouting/ratings/talents/risers part of the game. It shouldn't be like that, i know it, but it's up to them to finally improve that stupid program they call "match engine".

Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. But for a game that is trying to mimic real life' date=' you are doing the exact opposite.[/quote']

Why is that opposite to real life??? On the contrary, the vast majority of the real life clubs are doing (or trying to do) the same thing, buy cheap and sell high! Many clubs are trying to survive financially by doing this! It's a very important part in both real life and in-game.

5 major leagues are prob going to be reviewed in december which is good as SM can now catch up with the little leagues what haven't been reviewed for 2 years atleast.

Plus the 5 major leagues can easily wait as the season has just started and december is half way through the season.That gives you a brief idea of who to drop and rise.

Yes' date=' the 5 major leagues are probably going to be reviewed in December, but this is BAD and not good!

There is something called "[i']3 reviews per season for the big 5[/i]", remember? Something that SM decided to introduce through fireworks, and now after only one season they failed to do it! Another example of SM's great inconsistency!

Now, i don't mind and i don't care if they review the big-5 2 or 3 times per season. Maybe it's better twice a season, if that means more time to review more leagues. But what matters and what is important, is the fact that the big 5 should have been reviewed in July (=after the end of the season and after the Euro!), no matter if that was the 2nd or the 3rd review!

Instead, the "geniouses" of SM, in their "wisdom" they decided to review the most importart leagues and players of the game in March-April, missing that way the end of the season, the final stages of Champions League/ Europa League and the Euro! The result is that now we will have the most important leagues/players unreviewed for about 9 months, until December! "Well done" SM, once more!

I think the big 5 will get reviewed late September/early October. There will be time to do a review after the new year and another at the end of the season. It is just a guess, and will keep to the 3 times a season (or year) thing. That is also why a few minor leagues are getting looked at; this will get them done as the next time will be 2 years or so away to be done again. (Some minor one's will get looked at after the big 5). And a few leagues like Holland and Portugal will need to be seen twice a season (or year). In my opinion. The minor leagues will continue to become more minor. Malta anyone!

But don't you see. This is a football manager game. But people with 150+ squads are playing this like its a trading card game' date=' not a football manager game.

Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. [b']But for a game that is trying to mimic real life, you are doing the exact opposite[/b].

Yes, and Messi, Ronaldo, Vidic, Robben, Iniesta and Rooney playing for Yoevil or Crawley is realistic isn't it!