Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

makes perfect sense to me...much better than waiting for months for a league to be announced. if you know they are a good riser' date=' you should be buying them straight away, ie in Kasper KUSK case, 75>82, there are hard to come by. I would rather the ratings be up to date.[/quote']

I believe you were expecting me :P

Anyway... I'm not sure it is a good idea to update players from around the world randomly for a several reasons.

Firstly lets take Yohei Toyoda of Sagan Tosu who rose recently. Yes he's had a fantastic season for the club scoring 19 goals from 33 appearances and fully deserved his rise. But why should he rise and the rest of the team got no recognition of there achievement in getting ST to finish 5th in their first season in the J league?

Secondly will players from ST get overlooked for longer now because of this scatter gun approach?

Does it not take longer to review this way jumping from random player to random player from random country to random country rather than the old method which wasn't exactly quick?

Are they really going to keep an accurate account of when they reviewed each individual player and what they based his review on?

Might players get missed out completely?

This seems like a disorganised way of working to me and could create a lot of needless headaches for the SM reviewers (because its clearly not the community contributing to rating reviews) and in turn more frustration and disappointment for the SM customer.

Time will tell I suppose but in my opinion it doesn't look promising at this moment in time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........ Rant imminent. Soccerwiki has been a plague on this game. While it's a good standalone idea, it should never have b

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed? Fine A. Buhagiar 2211mins rated 66(Birkirkara).Most likely +8/9 Edmond. Agius 2677 mins rated 68(Valletta) Tarabai rated 75 but should rise +3/4 as he

I believe you were expecting me :P

Anyway... I'm not sure it is a good idea to update players from around the world randomly for a several reasons.

Firstly lets take Yohei Toyoda of Sagan Tosu who rose recently. Yes he's had a fantastic season for the club scoring 19 goals from 33 appearances and fully deserved his rise. But why should he rise and the rest of the team got no recognition of there achievement in getting ST to finish 5th in their first season in the J league?

Secondly will players from ST get overlooked for longer now because of this scatter gun approach?

Does it not take longer to review this way jumping from random player to random player from random country to random country rather than the old method which wasn't exactly quick?

Are they really going to keep an accurate account of when they reviewed each individual player and what they based his review on?

Might players get missed out completely?

This seems like a disorganised way of working to me and could create a lot of needless headaches for the SM reviewers (because its clearly not the community contributing to rating reviews) and in turn more frustration and disappointment for the SM customer.

Time will tell I suppose but in my opinion it doesn't look promising at this moment in time.

Absolutely spot-on & very well said' date=' wish I could have put it with such clarity & common sense :)

All I can manage is:-

CHAOS!!!

And as Mr Mannering so beautifully put it "Stupid" :D

EDIT: Think I might have got slightly rude there, so slight edit.

Does mean that SM is no longer doing leagues and instead are doing individual players where as soon as they cross a particular threshold they are upgraded or degraded as regards to ratings?

Fact 1: The "current leagues being reviewed page" has been removed

Fact 2: "Players are constantly changed by our community from SW" is the information on the "recent player changes" page

I count over 30 different nationalities on this page, tho a lot might be playing in Italy, certainly a lot are not.

Of course SM don't tell us much or explain their actions so assume what u will from the above

Which particular threshold were u thinking of?

To me it's just CHAOS ...

Does mean that SM is no longer doing leagues and instead are doing individual players where as soon as they cross a particular threshold they are upgraded or degraded as regards to ratings?

They are still doing leagues but it's also more random reviews of individual players.

Before SW it was rare they made individual reviews and it was usually when a player transfered to a new club. Nowadays it's certainly more unpredictible which players and which leagues are going to get a review.

But I guess with the help of time a pattern in the league reviews will reveal and it will be business as usual.

Fact 1: The "current leagues being reviewed page" has been removed

Fact 2: "Players are constantly changed by our community from SW" is the information on the "recent player changes" page

I count over 30 different nationalities on this page' date=' tho a lot might be playing in Italy, certainly a lot are not.

Of course SM don't tell us much or explain their actions so assume what u will from the above

Which particular threshold were u thinking of?

To me it's just CHAOS ...[/quote']

well was thinking they had some sort of formula taking into consideration when a player should be increased/decreased based on performances,appearances, winnings etc.

They are still doing leagues but it's also more random reviews of individual players.

Before SW it was rare they made individual reviews and it was usually when a player transfered to a new club. Nowadays it's certainly more unpredictible which players and which leagues are going to get a review.

But I guess with the help of time a pattern in the league reviews will reveal and it will be business as usual.

Maybe just making up for lost time?

What a terrible "innovation".

Like going from the internet age to the bronze age. A LONG way backwards.

I'll not be renewing my gold membership if this is the best they can do.

Most of the fun of the game for me is in the buying and selling of risers, timing your buys/sells to continue improving your first team, whilst building a youth team of risers/prospects.

This seriously undermines the "planning" aspect of the game, the strategy, the daring transfer activity, the chance to spend time researching a league as it's review is imminent. All major losses for me.

Will SM listen? Doubt it, we are only customers after all.

I thought we were meant to be able to vote for changes?

Maybe its a problem with my browser or something but i have an account on soccer-wiki and i swear you can suggest changes but their is nowhere that i have access to' date=' to vote on things?[/quote']

The same thing has happened to me. I proposed a change for Ashley Westwood and immediately the change went to telling me voting had been closed. Also on the 'vote for changes' section when I try to see the edited player data that has been proposed it just tells me there is 'there is no Player Data to vote on', despite there being 336 of them apparantely.

Most of the fun of the game for me is in the buying and selling of risers' date=' timing your buys/sells to continue improving your first team, whilst building a youth team of risers/prospects.

This seriously undermines the "planning" aspect of the game, the strategy, the daring transfer activity, the chance to spend time researching a league as it's review is imminent. All major losses for me.

Will SM listen? Doubt it, we are only customers after all.[/quote']

Good post.

Re: compensation for retirees??? really???

Players are constantly changed by our community from SW

A players value may change if a player has a rating change.

Retiring players leave the Game World and the club they are at receive compensation.

Says enough for me

Thats been the spiel since I started the game over 18months ago. In that time' date=' I have had countless dozens retire and not one penny of compensation... Can't help thinking it's something else that clearly doesnt exist :confused:

The same thing has happened to me. I proposed a change for Ashley Westwood and immediately the change went to telling me voting had been closed. Also on the 'vote for changes' section when I try to see the edited player data that has been proposed it just tells me there is 'there is no Player Data to vote on', despite there being 336 of them apparantely.

And I thought it was just me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last year due to the offer which was on for gold membership, I decided to buy 2 years worth... if only I had access to a crystal ball. I have about 14months worth left altogether and am actually debating whether to just cut and run and find a properly organised game... seems to me that I'm spending more time on the game for only a fraction of the fun and that is being clawed away bit by bit. I have spoken to many dozens of ppl on here and in-game that have categorically stated they won't be renewing their goldships after all the chopping and changing recently... This very well could be the beginning of a decline for SM and it'll all be down to their arrogant attitude and foolhardy behaviour... Its a sad state of affairs when a company totally ignores their customers and target audience :(

This is an issue which is clearly dividing SM customers, personally i enjoy starting in the lower leagues and moving through the divisions financed by purchasing risers and selling them on. As it stands currently, im afraid I wont be renewing my gold membership either.

I have really enjoyed my time on SM and recommended it to many friends, but i just feel absolutely powerless to get my frustrations accross as this forum is the only place customers can air their views. Does anyone from the SM team read these threads?

SM must have known this would have split people 50/50 as its a massive part of the game, would it not have made more sense to first tell everyone and maybe do some sort of vote?

Rant over, a very dissillusioned SM customer.:(

Most of the fun of the game for me is in the buying and selling of risers' date=' timing your buys/sells to continue improving your first team, whilst building a youth team of risers/prospects.

Will SM listen? Doubt it, we are only customers after all.[/quote']

Spot-On post again, well said. I'll definitely not be renewing my gold membership either :( It's the only way they MIGHT listen, what an attitude :(:(:(

We won't see the "big 5" finished before christmas unless they decide to increase the rating speed a bit.

Italy has been reviewed for 3 days with only 6 teams reviewed.

And for those of you who think I'm complaining... I'm not, I'm just stating a fact.

Spot-On post again' date=' well said. I'll definitely not be renewing my gold membership either :( It's the only way they MIGHT listen, what an attitude :(:(:([/quote']

hahaha lads please Sm wont listen if you dont renew you golds all they think about is money and have zero custimor service the only way u will get this sorted is if u kick up a fuss and its gunna have to be a big one send loads of support tickets make threads spam devs with messages make sure u keep making the point that u dislike this and theres gunna have to be a few of you!

Dont think im not with you I remember the days they used to have an order in which league they were revewing Sm have zero concerns for us all they care about is money it would take alot of people not to go gold to concern them but Sm been this way for years! There was a time long ago when the owner Ste was part human but now hes just a machine infact i dont think he shows his face no more none of the devs do and i dont blame them because the game is quite frankley pathetic and its getting worse.

Im sorry lads but thats the way it is

hahaha lads please Sm wont listen if you dont renew you golds all they think about is money and have zero custimor service the only way u will get this sorted is if u kick up a fuss and its gunna have to be a big one send loads of support tickets make threads spam devs with messages make sure u keep making the point that u dislike this and theres gunna have to be a few of you!

Dont think im not with you I remember the days they used to have an order in which league they were revewing Sm have zero concerns for us all they care about is money it would take alot of people not to go gold to concern them but Sm been this way for years! There was a time long ago when the owner Ste was part human but now hes just a machine infact i dont think he shows his face no more none of the devs do and i dont blame them because the game is quite frankley pathetic and its getting worse.

Im sorry lads but thats the way it is

SM get their revenue from advertising and Gold Managers £10etc. Wouldn't have thought the tenners add up to a large percentage of the total but they introduced SM credits as a way to incentivise people to do it. So it must mean something to them. BUT If they lose players & Gold managers spend less time on the website then it will have an effect.

Starbucks recently made the public & customers cross about them & look what people power has done, it's costing them £20million (Not enough) & action groups such as UK Uncut are picketing 40 stores this very weekend :eek:

I agree that this game is getting more unappealing, the match engine and tactics are a joke, and now they take one of the most enjoyable things to do (buying risers in orders to build a better team).

I think i'll take my 2€ a month and buy Football Manager 2013.

SM get their revenue from advertising and Gold Managers £10etc. Wouldn't have thought the tenners add up to a large percentage of the total but they introduced SM credits as a way to incentivise people to do it. So it must mean something to them. BUT If they lose players & Gold managers spend less time on the website then it will have an effect.

Starbucks recently made the public & customers cross about them & look what people power has done' date=' it's costing them £20million (Not enough) & action groups such as UK Uncut are picketing 40 stores this very weekend :eek:[/quote']

If you managed to get maybe 100 managers to not buy gold it would hit there pockets but 2 of yas no. I agree with what ur saying but sm wont listen unless u kick up a massive fuss which id be all for because it takes mick on how bad this games getting!

I'm glad they actually decided to review the big 5 finally.

They announced a little while back that they were going to switch from 2 big 5 reviews a season to 3, since then they have gone 7 months basically, I was beginning to wonder if they would ever do them.

As for the new features, i'm one of an obvious many in that i'm not impressed and preferred the old system for league reviews, player positions etc. I think the match engine is a slight improvement although some aspects are ridiculous, has anyone else had this...about 50% of direct free kicks seem to go in whereas about 10% of penalties seem to be scored...maybe it's just me but they have their proportions mixed up a bit.

I'm not going to give up SM because i'm too hooked tbh XD , but I can safely say I won't be paying for it in any form for the foreseeable future.

I'm glad they actually decided to review the big 5 finally.

They announced a little while back that they were going to switch from 2 big 5 reviews a season to 3' date=' since then they have gone 7 months basically, I was beginning to wonder if they would ever do them.

As for the new features, i'm one of an obvious many in that i'm not impressed and preferred the old system for league reviews, player positions etc. I think the match engine is a slight improvement although some aspects are ridiculous, has anyone else had this...about 50% of direct free kicks seem to go in whereas about 10% of penalties seem to be scored...maybe it's just me but they have their proportions mixed up a bit.

I'm not going to give up SM because i'm too hooked tbh XD , but I can safely say I won't be paying for it in any form for the foreseeable future.[/quote']

Yeah 3 a season, now of course they can miss-out some risers altogether & do it the equivelant of twice a season and no one knows any better :( They can be as lazy as they want?

I have really enjoyed my time on SM and recommended it to many friends' date=' but i just feel absolutely powerless to get my frustrations accross as this forum is the only place customers can air their views. Does anyone from the SM team read these threads?

SM must have known this would have split people 50/50 as its a massive part of the game, would it not have made more sense to first tell everyone and maybe do some sort of vote?

[/quote']

I have recommended it to lots of friends also but won't be anymore, in fact, if anyone asks me, I'll tell them straight what the problems are, (if they have a spare few hours to listen :rolleyes:). I often wondered myself if any of them actually read these threads, I got my answer a couple of months ago when I received a warning on here after posting a fairly innocuous word that is part of any 8 year-old's vocabulary, (4 letters long, it rhymes with trap but begins with a 'c' - seriously!!). So it seems they do read threads, (and profiles), but just couldn't give a toss to be honest... > if only they re-directed the energy they use on giving pointless infractions to actually listen to their customers, then they may have a half-decent reputation.

It would have been much fairer and probably more favourably accepted if they had put it out to a vote, but come on, we all know that nothing like that is EVER going to happen... unless you consider the wiki of course which does serve a purpose in the sense that players can vote changes in rating, position etc the only thing is that it is well open to abuse and manipulation. I also gotta say, I'm not down with the way its just suddenly changed the way changes are viewed. It's hideous, time-consuming and just doesnt make sense anymore :(

I think SM's failure has been its success imho. Obviously the company wasn't ready for its explosive growth and has been riddled with bad management and misdirection every step of the way from what I have seen. Their attitude seems to be that its their game, they can do what they want with it and we don't have to play if we don't like it. That's fair enough, it IS their business, but it hardly enamours them with their customers; without which they wouldnt even have a 'business' let's not forget.

Sm have zero concerns for us all they care about is money it would take alot of people not to go gold to concern them but Sm been this way for years!

Spot-on Nathan, SM dont have customer-service as we all know and that's because it would cost more money as you rightly say. From what I can see, it's all about roping in new customers and once they have their money they then become existing customers which is of no concern to SM.. I don't think I've ever seen any company adopt this strategy as successfully tbh most companies won't even risk it as it's practically suicide.

From what I've read on other threads, the Devs dont even read their messages and people have had their accounts sanctioned for spamming them with ''support'' tickets. I think the only way to REALLY get them to sit up and take notice is to go after what really matters to them... new customers and advertising!!! Social media campaign anyone??? :D it doesnt matter to them how many people stop playing if they have more and more new customers to make their numbers up. This will keep the advertising networks happy because there'll still be huge amounts of page views.

Too many people are just happy to view their feelings on this forum then forget about it, thats why it's never going to change... I may start a thread to try and gauge the depth of support ie; players like myself, who are unwilling to spend any more on this product after recent events. I'd also advise anyone who's serious to create a signature like mine which can be seen on every post...