Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

What makes me laugh is the "SM Cheerleaders" in this forum' date=' who are always ready to defend SM in every single matter (even if SM is clearly wrong), always cheer for everything SM does and are ready to attack everyone "dares" to criticize or complain for SM's (many) bad/wrong/insufficient issues![/quote']

Everyone has a right to their opinion, yea or ney, right or wrong. Judgements have to be made, hopefully on facts. Everyone knows my opinion, things like promises of 3 reviews on Big 5 & we get 2 at best. Now it could actually be SM can miss out individual Leagues, individual teams & individual players and there is no redress, nothing to point to. So SM are right if they are right under this system & right if they are wrong also :eek::(:( There is no schedule as they used to be where we can turn round and say what happened, so n so's NOT been done! It's SM's easy way-out & an excuse to be even more Lax!

I'm done with gold management too' date=' unless something happens fairly quickly. The player reviewing system is beyond a joke now.[/quote']

Yeah me too, I'm already looking at which teams I'll drop for when Gold comes up for renewal. Not something I want to do, but my protest if you will for SM letting us down so badly :(

Last time i saw things like this happening was when i played champ manager online a few years back. They radically changed the look of the game in a short period, added facebook links, new game improvements, acheivements, extras to pay for etc. It was a last fling of the dice and obvious this was brought about by a lack of cash being generated from the game and two months later the game was no more. Maybe SM are putting most of their efforts into marketing/generating revenue rather than updating players and this could explain the slow down in the reviews?

Hopefully the same is not happening here and be careful what you threaten/wish for i guess guys!

Last time i saw things like this happening was when i played champ manager online a few years back. They radically changed the look of the game in a short period' date=' added facebook links, new game improvements, acheivements, extras to pay for etc. It was a last fling of the dice and obvious this was brought about by a lack of cash being generated from the game and two months later the game was no more. Maybe SM are putting most of their efforts into marketing/generating revenue rather than updating players and this could explain the slow down in the reviews?

Hopefully the same is not happening here and be careful what you threaten/wish for i guess guys![/quote']

i think thats what happening here, CMO was way ahead of this anyway! Such a same it closed:(

One thing that certainly needs doing is to allow users to make more than one edit on SW. There are several players I'd love to help them update from other leagues, but I can't do a thing because I made a positional change to Ashley Westwood of Aston Villa, so I'm stuck waiting for him to be changed before I can do anything else.

Will Barcelona B and Real Madrid Castilla be reviewed along with their main teams in the Spanish 1st Division?

Yes, at least this is what they were doing in the past reviews. The players that are listed as "loaned" from the "first" teams to the "B" teams, most probably will be reviewed along with the main teams. This will probably happen with other teams too, which are in a similar situation (Sevilla- Sevilla Atletico etc).

What really lacks in my opinion is an explanation for the choices they make. I guess that they gave good thought about the recent changes (in general), but they should give an explanantion to explain why they made specific changes in the forum or somewhere else.

Not that an explained change is better then an unexplained change, but it certainly would reduce some of the confusion and frustation among the players of Soccer Manager. Even better would be if they could provide some kind of schedule which shows what change will be due when. This would allow players to adapt their playing strategies properly.

Riferimento: Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

This would allow players to adapt their playing strategies properly.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain...in the way reviews have been carried out in the last months it's impossibile to make a decent planning...in this moment it's all up to chance...

Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

delays of the last months in revaluations are completely destroying all the planning I did for my team.

In this way' date=' SM instead of rewarding those who plan penalizes them ...

I'm really disappointed[/quote']

I understand "exactly where your coming from" mate, maybe SM one day will come to realise also.

What really lacks in my opinion is an explanation for the choices they make. I guess that they gave good thought about the recent changes (in general)' date=' but they should give an explanantion to explain why they made specific changes in the forum or somewhere else.

Not that an explained change is better then an unexplained change, but it certainly would reduce some of the confusion and frustation among the players of Soccer Manager. [b']Even better would be if they could provide some kind of schedule which shows what change will be due when[/b]. This would allow players to adapt their playing strategies properly.

Wow but that was the first step in SM's plan, they GOT RID of the schedule we used to have & the reason was obvious they couldn't keep up to their own Schedule (Winter Schedule, Summer Schedule etc)

delays of the last months in revaluations are completely destroying all the planning I did for my team.

In this way' date=' SM instead of rewarding those who plan penalizes them ...

I'm really disappointed[/quote']

This is exactly what I was trying to explain...in the way reviews have been carried out in the last months it's impossibile to make a decent planning...in this moment it's all up to chance...

100% agree...

What really lacks in my opinion is an explanation for the choices they make. I guess that they gave good thought about the recent changes (in general)' date=' but they should give an explanantion to explain why they made specific changes in the forum or somewhere else.

[b']Not that an explained change is better then an unexplained change, but it certainly would reduce some of the confusion and frustation among the players of Soccer Manager.[/b] Even better would be if they could provide some kind of schedule which shows what change will be due when. This would allow players to adapt their playing strategies properly.

Exactly... And all this lack of communication and customer service, in a game which is (supposed to be...) community based and driven... :(

Wow but that was the first step in SM's plan' date=' [b']they GOT RID of the schedule we used to have & the reason was obvious they couldn't keep up to their own Schedule[/b] (Winter Schedule, Summer Schedule etc)

Spot on mate!

Wow but that was the first step in SM's plan' date=' they GOT RID of the schedule we used to have & the reason was obvious they couldn't keep up to their own Schedule (Winter Schedule, Summer Schedule etc)[/quote']

I meant an announcement of changes in the game play. Like: "From 1 December player ratings will be done through SoccerWiki. No longer country by country etc...." Instead of just implementing this change without proper warning.

Don't understand why some forumers are throwing such a hissy fit and claiming they won't renew their Gold Membership just because of several reasons. If you don't want to renew, then suit yourself. No point crying over split milk and saying you are going to hold SM to ransom etc.

Rating changes are an integral part of SM no doubt, in fact I was one of those who managed a successful Div 4 to Div 1 challenge back in 2008 or something back when plenty of "respected" forumers were doing it themselves. The impending rating changes, scouting and buying of risers and seeing their value more than quadruple was very, very satisfying.

Over the years, "big risers" slowly began to disappear due to more frequent reviews of the leagues and the revamp of some gameworlds (e.g. the English Championship went from the original 4-Tier format to a 5-Tier I believe before being 2-Tier at one point... Not sure of the current format as I only play in one gameworld) led to undertaking a 'Division 4 challenge' becoming harder and losing some of its original appeal.

Player ratings are not the only thing about this game that you should base your satisfaction on? True, the match engine is pap sometimes but for me transfers/building a good squad (of non-droppers/future stars) are enough to bring me satisfaction.

Maybe some of the people here should stop whining so much. It's still a very decent and in-depth game and for the non-Gold members its practically something free.

Can't speak on behalf of the Gold members, I used to be Gold myself but that was like four years ago.

It's still a very decent and in-depth game and for the non-Gold members its practically something free.

Your kidding right?

in-depth lol, do me a favour :rolleyes:

...it couldn't be much more simple if it tried!

Your kidding right?

in-depth lol' date=' do me a favour :rolleyes:

...it couldn't be much more simple if it tried![/quote']

I'm just saying that whilst I feel that SM have become worst, it is still a decent time killer judging by the huge number of people still playing it. If you don't like it then you are free to leave. Can never please everybody it seems?

Go get a hobby, play some drums, the guitar, lift some weights, get a girl, life goes on lol.

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric and along with some other people from SM (SM Dev Vicky, SM Dev Richard, SM Dev John & SM Dev Pete) we will be aiming to post more often in the forum and try and strengthen community links where we can. We each have different technical backgrounds so it will likely be different SM Devs posting at different times depending on the nature of the thread.

In the main we can see the community knows a lot of the answers to general questions and some great work in educating each other goes on...we would like this to continue and so we will try and jump in where something specific crops where we feel we can add value to the discussion and of course, to help improve the game and keep the community at the centre of this process.

There's been quite a few posts on this thread around player/league updates and the answer to all this is that SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting all the changes that the users have been making. I'm sure most of you have seen the SoccerWiki site but for any that hasn't, I would recommend taking a look and maybe get involved with them if you want to @ www.soccerwiki.org

Hope this helps a little.

We can't answer every post - there is a lot more of you than us :) - but we'll definitely be doing our best to engage as much as we can with the community as we move forward.

Regards

Eric

SM