Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Hi everybody' date='

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric and along with some other people from SM (SM Dev Vicky, SM Dev Richard, SM Dev John & SM Dev Pete) we will be aiming to post more often in the forum and try and strengthen community links where we can. We each have different technical backgrounds so it will likely be different SM Devs posting at different times depending on the nature of the thread.

In the main we can see the community knows a lot of the answers to general questions and some great work in educating each other goes on...we would like this to continue and so we will try and jump in where something specific crops where we feel we can add value to the discussion and of course, to help improve the game and keep the community at the centre of this process.

There's been quite a few posts on this thread around player/league updates and the answer to all this is that SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting [i']all[/i] the changes that the users have been making. I'm sure most of you have seen the SoccerWiki site but for any that hasn't, I would recommend taking a look and maybe get involved with them if you want to @ www.soccerwiki.org

Hope this helps a little.

We can't answer every post - there is a lot more of you than us :) - but we'll definitely be doing our best to engage as much as we can with the community as we move forward.

Regards

Eric

SM

It's good to see SM making an effort and paying more attention to the forum with more Devs coming and attempting to interact closer with the community.

Don't understand why some forumers are throwing such a hissy fit and claiming they won't renew their Gold Membership just because of several reasons. If you don't want to renew' date=' then suit yourself. No point crying over split milk and saying you are going to hold SM to ransom etc.[/quote']

I wouldnt say some forumers are throwing hissy fits, I would say they are very disgruntled and pevved at SM for a complete lack of consistency, explanation and customer services. If they used any other company with these fundamental issues, im sure their business would be going elsewhere.

Rating changes are an integral part of SM no doubt' date=' in fact I was one of those who managed a successful Div 4 to Div 1 challenge back in 2008 or something back when plenty of "respected" forumers were doing it themselves. [b']The impending rating changes, scouting and buying of risers and seeing their value more than quadruple was very, very satisfying[/b].

So you can understand?!

Over the years' date=' "big risers" slowly began to disappear due to more frequent reviews of the leagues and the revamp of some gameworlds (e.g. the English Championship went from the original 4-Tier format to a 5-Tier I believe before being 2-Tier at one point... Not sure of the current format as I only play in one gameworld) led to undertaking a 'Division 4 challenge' becoming harder and losing some of its original appeal.[/quote']

Only big raisers from the big leagues disappeared.

Player ratings are not the only thing about this game that you should base your satisfaction on? True' date=' the match engine is pap sometimes but for me transfers/building a good squad (of non-droppers/future stars) are enough to bring me satisfaction.

Maybe some of the people here should stop whining so much. It's still a very decent and in-depth game and for the non-Gold members its practically something free.

Can't speak on behalf of the Gold members, I used to be Gold myself but that was like four years ago.[/quote']

Its not an in-depth game at all, in fact the main reason for this games appeal is that it is based on real life performances, hence why the frustration bulids on some people's behalf. But you are entitled to your opinions.

My opinion is, as already stated, the most interesting element of SM is that players performances in real life reflect players attributes on SM.

If players are not updated on a regular basis then this is no longer the case.... I mean would you be happy to buy FIFA 13 only to find it the same as FIFA 12?

I wouldnt say some forumers are throwing hissy fits' date=' I would say they are very disgruntled and pevved at SM for a complete lack of consistency, explanation and customer services. If they used any other company with these fundamental issues, im sure their business would be going elsewhere.

So you can understand?!

Its not an in-depth game at all, in fact the main reason for this games appeal is that it is based on real life performances, hence why the frustration bulids on some people's behalf. But you are entitled to your opinions.

My opinion is, as already stated, the most interesting element of SM is that players performances in real life reflect players attributes on SM.

If players are not updated on a regular basis then this is no longer the case.... I mean would you be happy to buy FIFA 13 only to find it the same as FIFA 12?[/quote']

Big risers are everywhere, even in the big leagues, france had nice ones, +10 + 9 +8 and etc...

But i agree with the rest. How can't everyone agree with that, its kinda obvious.

And i posted that i will not renew in form of protest, because even if i leave the game now, i already spent money and time trying to be a better player and suddenly all goes to hell.

In my opinion the Dev spoke and spoke but said absolutely nothing.

Hi everybody' date='

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric and along with some other people from SM (SM Dev Vicky, SM Dev Richard, SM Dev John & SM Dev Pete) we will be aiming to [b']post[/b] more often in the forum and try and strengthen community links where we can. We each have different technical backgrounds so it will likely be different SM Devs posting at different times depending on the nature of the thread.

In the main we can see the community knows a lot of the answers to general questions and some great work in educating each other goes on...we would like this to continue and so we will try and jump in where something specific crops where we feel we can add value to the discussion and of course, to help improve the game and keep the community at the centre of this process.

There's been quite a few posts on this thread around player/league updates and the answer to all this is that SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting all the changes that the users have been making. I'm sure most of you have seen the SoccerWiki site but for any that hasn't, I would recommend taking a look and maybe get involved with them if you want to @ www.soccerwiki.org

Hope this helps a little.

We can't answer every post - there is a lot more of you than us :) - but we'll definitely be doing our best to engage as much as we can with the community as we move forward.

Regards

Eric

SM

If you would be so kind as to answer these questions that spring to mind as the community cannot ...

Why has the in game notification of what leagues are next to be reviewed been removed when the majority feeling is in contrast to this?

What is wrong with notifying your customers what leagues are next to be reviewed at least a couple of days in advance?

Why can't we suggest justified ratings on SW (for example in a lot of cases it only allows rating suggestions of plus 5, so a 75 rated player might deserve to rise to 83 but we can only suggest 80)

Is the idea of reviewing the major leagues 3 times a season officially not happening at the current time. Can you confirm that this was the plan?

Will leagues still be reviewed as a whole or as recently seen the random scatter gun approach that could affect any player at any time across the world?

If you would be so kind as to answer these questions that spring to mind as the community cannot ...

Why has the in game notification of what leagues are next to be reviewed been removed when the majority feeling is in contrast to this?

What is wrong with notifying your customers what leagues are next to be reviewed at least a couple of days in advance?

Why can't we suggest justified ratings on SW (for example in a lot of cases it only allows rating suggestions of plus 5' date=' so a 75 rated player might deserve to rise to 83 but we can only suggest 80)[/color']

Is the idea of reviewing the major leagues 3 times a season officially not happening at the current time. Can you confirm that this was the plan?

Will leagues still be reviewed as a whole or as recently seen the random scatter gun approach that could affect any player at any time across the world?

I second this.:)

Why can't we suggest justified ratings on SW (for example in a lot of cases it only allows rating suggestions of plus 5' date=' so a 75 rated player might deserve to rise to 83 but we can only suggest 80)[/color']

I THIRD THIS!!! :)

A Dev has finally come on here & introduced himself - thank you (But no answers yet). I suggest he also reads say last 10 pages here to see all the disgruntlement & even ANGER at they way things are continually being done for SM convenience & NOT their customers. We know about SW but certainly a community has MORE THAN ONE SIDE. IF this IS A COMMUNITY PLEASE show us your side of the community now and answer the questions raised, starting above. In some hope - thank you.

I wouldnt say some forumers are throwing hissy fits' date=' I would say they are very disgruntled and pevved at SM for a complete lack of consistency, explanation and customer services. If they used any other company with these fundamental issues, im sure their business would be going elsewhere.[/quote']

Fair enough though I would have thought of SM as being never being very customer orientated in the first place hence my lack of vehement feelings towards its current state.

So you can understand?!

Definitely? If you knew me back then' date=' I was one of the biggest advocates to the risers approach.

It did due to the more frequent reviews. However, recently they seem to be giving out rises rather generousy after the Brazil review, hence the French risers some of which got an extra rating or two.

Its not an in-depth game at all' date=' in fact the main reason for this games appeal is that it is based on real life performances, hence why the frustration bulids on some people's behalf. But you are entitled to your opinions.

If players are not updated on a regular basis then this is no longer the case.... I mean would you be happy to buy FIFA 13 only to find it the same as FIFA 12?[/quote']

Fair enough, for me a player's rating do play a big factor but if say you get a team of wonderkids like Varane, Isco, Eriksen does it really matter whether they rise the next month or three months later? I mean if you know your football, and you do sign a particular player with the knowledge that they will rise, shouldn't you just wait out even though their current rating might not 100% reflect their real life performances?

I would have thought SM enjoyment could also be based around human transfers/buying players you like personally/waiting for them to fully develop in ratings etc instead of just solely looking at a player's rating being in sync with their real life.

And I understand some teams have to manage their finances carefully hence the need to know the upcoming reviews but IMO an aspect of buying risers (in a competitive gameworld) is taking the chance early on... You should have taken a punt on someone when you notice him starting games instead of waiting until a week or so before the league gets reviewed...

All of the data on Soccer Manager is transferred over from the Soccer Wiki. The Soccer Wiki is a separate site and it is all community driven. Due to this data can be added or edited at any point and this is why there is no longer any schedule of transferring over data. This makes the system a lot more flexible.

For me ... i know what i will be starting doing.

I will start hoarding players from all the big 5 leagues, because now we will never know when they will be updated.

I will not buy any player from other leagues. It will not be wise to invest in such players.

HOARDING THE BIG 5, IS THE WAY !

Who cares about players in minor leagues ? We will never know when they will be updated.

All of the data on Soccer Manager is transferred over from the Soccer Wiki. The Soccer Wiki is a separate site and it is all community driven. Due to this data can be added or edited at any point and this is why there is no longer any schedule of transferring over data.

Alot of people don't seem to get this?

That saying, I'm not the biggest fan of SW, hell even Rodrigo Moreno's photo is wrong due to it...

I'm just saying that whilst I feel that SM have become worst' date=' it is still a decent time killer judging by the huge number of people still playing it. If you don't like it then you are free to leave. Can never please everybody it seems?

Go get a hobby, play some drums, the guitar, lift some weights, get a girl, life goes on lol.[/quote']

It's NOT for you to TELL people what they should or should not do, "lift some weights"? Listen to yourself for goodness sake. Just cos u like a game & play it, doesn't mean u can't criticise when SM go wrong. A lot of companies appreciate feedback, good or better still critical, it's how they can improve rather than deteriate.

All of the data on Soccer Manager is transferred over from the Soccer Wiki. The Soccer Wiki is a separate site and it is all community driven. Due to this data can be added or edited at any point and this is why there is no longer any schedule of transferring over data. This makes the system a lot more flexible.

So does this mean all leagues (major and minor) will no longer be updated in one go, at all? Where does this leave the Italian review that you started which seems to have stopped? Is there any possibility for allowing users to make more than one type of change on SoccerWiki at a time, it really limits how many changes one person can make when they want to contribute a lot?

It's NOT for you to TELL people what they should or should not do' date=' "lift some weights"? Listen to yourself for goodness sake. Just cos u like a game & play it, doesn't mean u can't criticise when SM go wrong. A lot of companies appreciate feedback, good or better still critical, it's how they can improve rather than deteriate.[/quote']

I'm not telling anywhere what to do mate, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment that the way some of the posters are trying to protest by not renewing their GM is being pointless. ;)

Seen that line plenty of times over the years and like someone said (think it was Nathan) that simply doesn't work (protesting on the forum that from scattered individuals) and tbh its just cluttering up the thread.

I don't know how much a GM is now, but I doubt its that big a fee? Considering you spread it over a year? So if someone is unhappy and seeing poor customer service, maybe its time to cease membership?

And before you roll out your line, I am in no way a SM cheerleader...

^I'd have asked myself will this answer the community's questions or just irritate them further :rolleyes:

Again this is just telling us what we already know, it doesn't address the concerns we have about it one bit.

I'm not telling anywhere what to do mate' date=' it was more of a tongue in cheek comment that the way some of the posters are trying to protest by not renewing their GM is being pointless. ;)

Seen that line plenty of times over the years and like someone said (think it was Nathan) that simply doesn't work (protesting on the forum that from scattered individuals) and tbh its just cluttering up the thread.

I don't know how much a GM is now, but I doubt its that big a fee? Considering you spread it over a year? So if someone is unhappy and seeing poor customer service, maybe its time to cease membership?

And before you roll out your line, I am in no way a SM cheerleader...[/quote']

Oh sorry thought u did say "Go get a hobby, play some drums, the guitar, lift some weights, get a girl" etc

It was "tongue in cheek"? Couldn't tell as you took the time to actually write it down!

Oh sorry thought u did say "Go get a hobby' date=' play some drums, the guitar, lift some weights, get a girl"[/b'] etc

It was "tongue in cheek"? Couldn't tell as you took the time to actually write it down!

Sorry I mean I'm not telling anyone what to do mate*.

Yeah actually, the bolded line was meant as a TIC remark considering some people are posting as though SM is the focal point of their lives (not directed at you of course).

I think these "standard phrase answers" is rather annoying. To me it's like politicians answering a question with many words but no substance.

My guess is that we are many "farmers" and we nedd answers in a "farmers language".

An example:

Question - Will the rating changes of the big 5 leagues finish before new year?

Politician answer: All of the data on Soccer Manager is transferred over from the Soccer Wiki on a daily basis.

Farmers answer: No that's just not possible in such a short time but we are working as fast as we can to transfer the rating changes.

Alot of people don't seem to get this?

That saying' date=' I'm not the biggest fan of SW, hell even Rodrigo Moreno's photo is wrong due to it...[/quote']

Who doesn't? I've used SW , Monkeyshuffle etc etc We Just don't like this ONE SIDED COMMUNITY APPROACH, SM should consider their customers questions & disgruntlement on here, very carefully & come up with something better & not just something for their OWN convenience.

Yeah actually' date=' the top line was meant as a TIC remark considering some people are posting as though SM is the focal point of their lives (not directed at you of course).[/quote']

What is it they say about assumption.

I'd post it but....

I think these "standard phrase answers" is rather annoying. To me it's like politicians answering a question with many words but no substance.

My guess is that we are many "farmers" and we nedd answers in a "farmers language".

An example:

Question - Will the rating changes of the big 5 leagues finish before new year?

Politician answer: All of the data on Soccer Manager is transferred over from the Soccer Wiki on a daily basis.

Farmers answer: No that's just not possible in such a short time but we are working as fast as we can to transfer the rating changes.

Now THAT is common sense, well said Sir!