Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

After piecing bits of information from this and other threads I have a fair idea now of how the whole thing is working currently but there are still gaps.

As I understand it the "community" are responsible and able to submit / vote on everything apart from what really matters (the player ratings). However the "community" can still submit ratings, we have just not been told at any stage what actually happens to them, is there a point or am I wasting my time?

SM's original statement has been proven to be false, the community are not responsible for the ratings which are not copied from soccerwiki daily as you cannot vote on them etc so why do SM still claim they are? If they aren't then surely we are back to some kind of review schedule then with SM deciding the ratings?

Seriously SM, some kind of accurate announcement on how the whole thing is currently working would be nice. Do you even know? This is like talking to a politician, lots of fancy and unnecessary words to distract us from the fact that at no stage have they actually answered the questions we have asked.

As I understand it the "community" are responsible and able to submit / vote on everything apart from what really matters (the player ratings). However the "community" can still submit ratings' date=' we have just not been told at any stage what actually happens to them, is there a point or am I wasting my time?

Seriously SM, some kind of accurate announcement on how the whole thing is currently working would be nice. Do you even know? This is like talking to a politician, lots of fancy and unnecessary words to distract us from the fact that at no stage have they actually answered the questions we have asked.[/quote']

That's my understanding of it too, which make what SM are telling us a complete joke. The whole thing is a shambles, SM haven't a cue what they're doing and that's why my Gold Membership wasn't renewed. The only way to even get the attention of these people is to hit them where it hurts, the pocket. They couldn't care less about their customers, just their income.

I have to say' date=' seeing Eto'o not drop even when he was actually brought to SM's attention shocked me, too.[/quote']

If Anzhi wins Europa League then Eto'o really deserves 94 but now he's not even the best striker in that team; Traore scored more goals than the best paid footballer in history:eek::eek::eek:

But its good that they are kinda reviewing italy because its the major league with some of the more inaccurate hight rate players, sneijder, robinho, lucio, de jong, pato and maybe de rossi too, they all deserve a sure drop with the exception of de rossi that could go either way.

And in the other hand, we have marchisio, vidal, bonucci, hamsik and perhaps jovetic waiting for a rise that could not come this time.

If Anzhi wins Europa League then Eto'o really deserves 94 but now he's not even the best striker in that team; Traore scored more goals than the best paid footballer in history:eek::eek::eek:

I don't think anzhi will win liga europa, but even if they did, 94 is unjustified, Falcao won it last year, and europa supercup too, with maybe more goals than eto will score this season's edition and he's still has an undeserved 92.

If they won CL being the top scorer, i'll maybe agree that he's a 94, but that's likely never gonna happen again.

By the way, Drogba won champions league last season and had a drop of -1 a month after, so not even a CL win would save eto from being at least 92.

I think people are overreacting with the Eto change, its different when a player unexpectedly gets a rating increase, but getting an unexpected decrease would be really unfair as it doesn't give the manager a chance to get rid. Not jut with Eto, i would say the same for any player dropping without their league being reviewed.

I'm sure when Russia gets a review, which should be very soon, Eto will drop -2. Until then, all the managers who do have him, have time to sell, if they want to.

I think people are overreacting with the Eto change' date=' its different when a player unexpectedly gets a rating increase, but getting an unexpected decrease would be really unfair as it doesn't give the manager a chance to get rid. Not jut with Eto, i would say the same for any player dropping without their league being reviewed.

I'm sure when Russia gets a review, which should be very soon, Eto will drop -2. Until then, all the managers who do have him, have time to sell, if they want to.[/quote']

But they already know he will drop, they should get rid of it as soon as possible. If they don´t they'll loose money, it´s an option, until then they have a undeserved 94 rated player that could win a game in a minute.

But they already know he will drop' date=' they should get rid of it as soon as possible. If they don´t they'll loose money, it´s an option, until then they have a undeserved 94 rated player that could win a game in a minute.[/quote']

In that case there are several players in the Russian league who are not worthy of their ratings, SM will get round to it, when they review the whole league.

Though i, along with many other would appreciate it if they could get the major leagues over and done with before they move on to any other league.

I feel SM are "secretive" about how SW works, perhaps JMH_daggers as a SW Admin can help us constructively here.

My Question would be: As an example: Heiner Mora rose +20 from 60 to 80 on Nov 7 this year, just 5 weeks ago. I had tried sometime previously to submit a rating change for him on SW & was restricted to (can't quite remember) 65 or 70 :confused: Certainly not more than that.

So someone else (Not the Community!) raised him to 80. Was this SM themselves or perhaps Devs or Admin staff? Which is it?

If it was SM then what use is the community playing here??

Ok, can someone clarify....

Either

1. ALL future ratings changes will be taken from SW, and done within a few days of a player being rated on SW?

OR

2. Most ratings changes will be done using SW, but SM will still actually do some work for the money gold players pay them and will review SOME leagues?

I'm reading mixed messages (apologies for my laziness in advance)

I feel SM are "secretive" about how SW works' date=' perhaps JMH_daggers as a SW Admin can help us constructively here.[/quote']

Very good point.

I think it is good for all parties that SM and SW representative tell us the costumer/user how this thing actually work. I mean in details.

So, if any of those guys can layout the idea on how this thing work, I think after that we can start voicing our opinion where we see fit.

For now, it is like grasping at straw. And the debate will continue to no end.

We at least deserved some detail explanation.

Just a couple of points/questions..

Are the people heavily involved in setting new ratings on SW in a vastly better position within the game as they know in advance who will be raised?

If so, they will get such an advantage over the rest of us as to make it hardly worth playing.

Won't SM's way of rising players now make managing the very top teams the only way to play? I personally love managing small teams and trading my way up the divisions (hopefully). It now seems that style of play is practically impossible.

Lastly...

Just what have SM got out of these changes?

ty

ty

Imagine the work it takes to review a league and rate the players?

If you could have a website where some of your members did ALL the work for free whilst you claimed the advertising revenue and their 'gold memberships'...wouldn't you go for it?

If I was off Dragons Den...I'd invest

Very good point.

I think it is good for all parties that SM and SW representative tell us the costumer/user how this thing actually work. I mean in details.

So' date=' if any of those guys can layout the idea on how this thing work, I think after that we can start voicing our opinion where we see fit.

For now, it is like grasping at straw. And the debate will continue to no end.

We at least deserved some [i']detail[/i] explanation.

i have, to the best of my abilities & knowledge already addressed all these points over the last few pages.

I am only using my own judgement and what i have seen through the development of Soccerwiki, i am in no way involved in what 'officially' happens with soccerwiki ie the the final say with ratings.

The main point is that people need to really wait and see what happens, the ratings havent been abandoned, as you have seen today, and we know that Germany, Spain & England are mostly likely going to be done also over the next couple of weeks.

And if you miss a riser, such as MALANDA today, big deal, there are THOUSANDS of risers on the Database. If anything, risers such as MALANDA being done 'randomly' is a good sign you should be buying them still as they are regarded as a big talent, so much so SM had to give them a rise outside of the Belgian League review. Still buy him up, he may well rise again when they review Belgium!

Just a couple of points/questions..

Are the people heavily involved in setting new ratings on SW in a vastly better position within the game as they know in advance who will be raised?

If so' date=' they will get such an advantage over the rest of us as to make it hardly worth playing.

Won't SM's way of rising players now make managing the very top teams the only way to play? I personally love managing small teams and trading my way up the divisions (hopefully). It now seems that style of play is practically impossible.

Lastly...

ty[/quote']

ONCE AGAIN, SM HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON RATINGS

no users in game have an 'advantage' over other players using soccerwiki

call me sad, but i put alot of time into scouting, and i have complied a database of around 1600 risers. Therefore i am at an advantage through my own work, but, as much as i suggest these changes to SW, they never happen.

SM will always have control over ratings. No SM users apart from those directly employed by Soccermanager with have an 'advantage' as you put it.

I have to say JMH_daggers, your willingness to try and help others with their questions (whether you succeed or not) in this thread, is very positive to see.:) I can't help but think that if only SM themselves could adopt the same approach in dealing with their users much of this doubt wouldn't exist.

I am waiting on something, Antonio Milic have a change submitted, now i will wait and see if he's gonna get a rating review when the change gets accepted, its a situation very similar to malanda (1200+ minutes this season, and a change to D, DM C), now we are gonna see how milic situation gets handled, and how coherent is this new ratings review.

If he does not get a rating review, i will start to think that they only review the ones they need, or the ones the sympathize with.

I am waiting on something' date=' Antonio Milic have a change submitted, now i will wait and see if he's gonna get a rating review when the change gets accepted, its a situation very similar to malanda (1200+ minutes this season, and a change to D, DM C), now we are gonna see how milic situation gets handled, and how coherent is this new ratings review.

If he does not get a rating review, i will start to think that they only review the ones they need, or the ones the sympathize with.[/quote']

i wouldnt hold your breath...as i said ive suggested quite a few, i even did some more this morning....if anything changes from Romania tomorrow...its me :P

I am waiting on something' date=' Antonio Milic have a change submitted, now i will wait and see if he's gonna get a rating review when the change gets accepted, its a situation very similar to malanda (1200+ minutes this season, and a change to D, DM C), now we are gonna see how milic situation gets handled, and how coherent is this new ratings review.

If he does not get a rating review, i will start to think that they only review the ones they need, or the ones the sympathize with.[/quote']

Doubtful, as if this was the case .. Eto'o would have dropped, but he didnt.

ONCE AGAIN' date=' SM HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON RATINGS

no users in game have an 'advantage' over other players using soccerwiki

call me sad, but i put alot of time into scouting, and i have complied a database of around 1600 risers. Therefore i am at an advantage through my own work, but, as much as i suggest these changes to SW, they never happen.

SM will always have control over ratings. No SM users apart from those directly employed by Soccermanager with have an 'advantage' as you put it.[/quote']

Please don't think for one second I have any doubts about your personal honesty here...

i have' date=' to the best of my abilities & knowledge already addressed all these points over the last few pages.

I am only using my own judgement and what i have seen through the development of Soccerwiki, i am in no way involved in what 'officially' happens with soccerwiki ie the the final say with ratings.[/quote']

I understand your situation. But user/customer just can't justified if it only coming from SW and not from both parties. Don't get me wrong, but all things have two side of stories that worth mentioning.

All in all, you have done good contribution to makes us understand more to this current situation.

The main point is that people need to really wait and see what happens, the ratings havent been abandoned, as you have seen today, and we know that Germany, Spain & England are mostly likely going to be done also over the next couple of weeks.
I believe this interpretation only coming based on the past where SM reviewed the big league all together. But when it comes to end of big league reviewed, how do we make assumption on which league gonna get review. I meant, they have not only follow 'past' review time frame and work outside schedule but installed a new method of doing review (daily basis). It would be too hard to know in the future, don't you think?
And if you miss a riser, such as MALANDA today, big deal, there are THOUSANDS of risers on the Database. If anything, risers such as MALANDA being done 'randomly' is a good sign you should be buying them still as they are regarded as a big talent, so much so SM had to give them a rise outside of the Belgian League review. Still buy him up, he may well rise again when they review Belgium!
Well, we don't know if they will actually review Belgium league now, don't we? ;) I mean, random and daily reviewed, the new stuff and all. :D

Nah. I'm good with my squad. :)

I think the concern here, most people (and me) bought player from certain exotic league when they see the league gonna get reviewed, at least that is how I'm doing if no one else is buying riser/take the same gameplay approaches in the setup I'm in. I think that way is more profitable than waiting for this random riser, save wages and stuff.

From my stand of view, if I bought player when I knew he gonna rise, I can sell him when his TB is up (which is 20 turn, if I'm not mistaken) and make profit of only need to pay his wage in certain period of time. And the profit certainly not gonna happened if we buy a player and 1 year later (might be exaggerated here) he still not getting the reviewed he deserved and we end up paying wages more than we need too, last time it happened with Chinese riser.

Another example, some Romania dude that still waiting to be upgraded and all. Been ages I think?

I feel SM are "secretive" about how SW works' date=' perhaps JMH_daggers as a SW Admin can help us constructively here.

My Question would be: As an example: Heiner Mora rose +20 from 60 to 80 on Nov 7 this year, just 5 weeks ago. I had tried sometime previously to submit a rating change for him on SW & was restricted to (can't quite remember) 65 or 70 :confused: Certainly not more than that.

So someone else (Not the Community!) raised him to 80. Was this SM themselves or perhaps Devs or Admin staff? Which is it?

If it was SM then what use is the community playing here??[/quote']

To the point again ... What actual use is it if I submit an increase of 5 from 60to the Max possible of 65 for the Example above & then SM increase it to 80? They don't need the community input at all on this or many similar examples 75to80max being another???

For me it all plays down to the incoherence an inconsistencies of the reviews, they could do them randomly or scheduled as long as they did the same for all.

But having Cornelius and Malanda rising and Eto not dropping for the exactly same reason is just plain disgusting.

They say that all we do is whine and stuff, but they don't realize that what they are doing with all the ridiculous changes in SM is deeply annoying especially for the paying members.

Botton line, they do whatever they want, when they want and we can't do nothing about it besides posting rants on the forum, not renewing Gold Management and dislike them in Facebook, AHAHAHA, how ridiculous is that?

Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy......

I have to say that, after all, I don't mind this new reviewing system...

Of course this will make me (and us) lose some risers (today for example I've missed Milik) but I think that at the same time, especially for lower leagues, we won't have to wait too long to get best players reviewed.

This assuming that, If I know that one player is good, I try to buy him as soon as possible, it's not bad in my opinion...

The only thing that I surely would like to see improved is the speed!

If, instead of the 3 teams for each day (of the same league) that are being reviewed nowadays, we could have 4 teams reviewed as it was with the old system, I think I would be satisfied!