Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Regarding Milik, I was astonished to see him get such a big rise. I realise he has done pretty well in Poland and has made a few international appearances, but a straight +8 to 84 for a player from a Polish club whose highest rated individual (beside Milik) is only 82 seems a bit off kilter. 82 really should have been his limit in my personal opinion, coupled with yesterday's astronomical rises for Obiang and Stevanovic it certainly seems that the ratings system has become very generous towards younger stars. Perhaps trying to compensate for the fact that Poland isn't going to be reviewed again (as a league), so wanting to, when a SW user flags them up, make sure the top players in those leagues that won't ever get an overall review again, will be rated highly enough to be top players there for the foreseeable future?

Regarding Milik' date=' I was astonished to see him get such a big rise. I realise he has done pretty well in Poland and has made a few international appearances, but a straight +8 to 84 for a player from a Polish club whose highest rated individual (beside Milik) is only 82 seems a bit off kilter. 82 really should have been his limit in my personal opinion, coupled with yesterday's astronomical rises for Obiang and Stevanovic it certainly seems that the ratings system has become very generous towards younger stars. Perhaps trying to compensate for the fact that Poland isn't going to be reviewed again (as a league), so wanting to, when a SW user flags them up, make sure the top players in those leagues that won't ever get an overall review again, will be rated highly enough to be top players there for the foreseeable future?[/quote']

IMO more than justified. 82 for an International striker would be appalling, and he is rated as the best striker in Poland at just 18. We all knew OBIANG & STEVANOVIC were due huge rises because their clubs werent reviewed when Serie B was reviewed, so effectively they have had 2 reviews in one go(IMO would have gone if they were separated in 2 reviews 75>83>85/86), so why delay the inevitable?

re Milik, put it this way. Poland was reviewed last in March 2012, and is way overdue another review. Milik since made 24 apps last season but was still rated only 76! Using the 'two reviews in one go' suggestion as above with Obiang etc, he would have gone 76>82>84, so again, why delay the inevitable? Now he is a key player, in the NT and scoring. 84 is fair, and squad caps are actually a myth, i would say players such as SKORUPSKI, DANCH & NAKOULMA are also going to rise to 83/84 when Poland is reviewed. WHICH IT WILL AT SOME POINT. i guess between Feb & March, as last year.

If people didnt have him already or heard of him, well thats their own fault. He has been on the radar of Dortmund and several other top clubs for about 6 months now, it really does help if you read some news every now and then :P

Riferimento: Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

Regarding Milik' date=' I was astonished to see him get such a big rise. I realise he has done pretty well in Poland and has made a few international appearances, but a straight +8 to 84 for a player from a Polish club whose highest rated individual (beside Milik) is only 82 seems a bit off kilter. 82 really should have been his limit in my personal opinion, coupled with yesterday's astronomical rises for Obiang and Stevanovic it certainly seems that the ratings system has become very generous towards younger stars. Perhaps trying to compensate for the fact that Poland isn't going to be reviewed again (as a league), so wanting to, when a SW user flags them up, make sure the top players in those leagues that won't ever get an overall review again, will be rated highly enough to be top players there for the foreseeable future?[/quote']

Me too was quite astonished when I saw that rating increase as I'm used to the old system. However if SM has decided to use this new way to evaluate young players for me it's ok, and I have no problems. The only thing I'd like is that, once they have decided to do in this way, they do it with all young players who deserve it...and not only with some. The most important thing for me is that they are consistent, so as not to favor someone more than others...

No way milik deserved such a rise, 1300+ and less than 10 goals in the polish league is really not than impressive. And don't start with that national team player thing because he played less than 10 minutes.

Someone is really corrupting this system, and we will start to see undeserved rises like that more frequently. Cornelius and specially Markovic had a lot more minutes, lot more goals, and real games for Nacinal team, and got only to 83.

For me it seems like someone in SM really likes Milik and have him in all his teams more than Cornelius and Markovic. Well, good for them

No way milik deserved such a rise' date=' 1300+ and less than 10 goals in the polish league is really not than impressive. And don't start with that national team player thing because he played less than 10 minutes.

Someone is really corrupting this system, and we will start to see undeserved rises like that more frequently. Cornelius and specially Markovic had a lot more minutes, lot more goals, and real games for Nacinal team, and got only to 83.

For me it seems like someone in SM really likes Milik and have him in all his teams more than Cornelius and Markovic. Well, good for them[/quote']

you obviously havent seen, heard or watched him have you.

he has 4 NT appearances, 136 mins.

il re-post why it is justified.

"IMO more than justified. 82 for an International striker would be appalling, and he is rated as the best striker in Poland at just 18. We all knew OBIANG & STEVANOVIC were due huge rises because their clubs werent reviewed when Serie B was reviewed, so effectively they have had 2 reviews in one go(IMO would have gone if they were separated in 2 reviews 75>83>85/86), so why delay the inevitable?

re Milik, put it this way. Poland was reviewed last in March 2012, and is way overdue another review. Milik since made 24 apps last season but was still rated only 76! Using the 'two reviews in one go' suggestion as above with Obiang etc, he would have gone 76>82>84, so again, why delay the inevitable? Now he is a key player, in the NT and scoring. 84 is fair, and squad caps are actually a myth, i would say players such as SKORUPSKI, DANCH & NAKOULMA are also going to rise to 83/84 when Poland is reviewed. WHICH IT WILL AT SOME POINT. i guess between Feb & March, as last year.

If people didnt have him already or heard of him, well thats their own fault. He has been on the radar of Dortmund and several other top clubs for about 6 months now, it really does help if you read some news every now and then"

it just seems your bitter you missed him...

A lot of people don't seem to realise that goals and minutes played are not the only way of telling how good a player is

exactly. oh he plays in Poland, he cant be good enough for an 84...:rolleyes:

an 18 year old, playing professionally in a top flight league, scoring goals, playing for his countrys senior side. fully deserves a decent rating.

exactly. oh he plays in Poland' date=' he cant be good enough for an 84...:rolleyes:

an 18 year old, playing professionally in a top flight league, scoring goals, playing for his countrys senior side. fully deserves a decent rating.[/quote']

no man, its about coherence, i know it's not all about minutes and goals, it can't be, but its a major guide, as is HYPE, and you obviously like him and have him in all your teams and that's why you are defending his rating.

I've never saw him, but already read quite some about him, yes its not the same by far, but that "he's on Dortmund radar for some time" is worthless too because markovic is on the radar of half of europe and what? does it mean that he should be 88/89 by now then? But at least should be higher than Milik, because has better stats, talent, and HYPE factor.

Other is Joel Pohjanpalo, great player, young too, and "he's on the radar" of liverpool for example, and got a +5 to 78. ohhh, but he plays in finland, they have lower rating caps and it´s a poor league, so we should hinder he's rise even if he's scoring goals for fun in any competition he played.

no man' date=' its about coherence, i know it's not all about minutes and goals, it can't be, but its a major guide, as is HYPE, and you obviously like him and have him in all your teams and that's why you are defending his rating.

I've never saw him, but already read quite some about him, yes its not the same by far, but that "he's on Dortmund radar for some time" is worthless too because markovic is on the radar of half of europe and what? does it mean that he should be 88/89 by now then? But at least should be higher than Milik, because has better stats, talent, and HYPE factor.

Other is Joel Pohjanpalo, great player, young too, and "he's on the radar" of liverpool for example, and got a +5 to 78. ohhh, but he plays in finland, they have lower rating caps and it´s a poor league, so we should hinder he's rise even if he's scoring goals for fun in any competition he played.[/quote']

i dont have him in any teams. i prefer Sabitzer ;)

im sorry but its not HYPE. he is playing and demonstrating his abilities. that it is not Hype. that is fact. Hype is 16/17 year olds playing youth football nowhere near a first team and people call them next this or next that.

i think you misunderstand most of what im saying, of course i know just because Dortmund are watching him doesn't mean his rating goes up. Lazar Markovic as you point out, has not long ago been reviewed and he got 83, i would expect him to be 85/86 also when they get reviewed again. Poland hasnt been reviewed for along time, as i have highlighted.

as for Pohjanpalo, he is only in his first season, again Finland were recently reviewed and since then he has played for Finland. Therefore only now prehaps his 78 is out of touch and should go up, but he only rose 3 months ago. But as you put it, it is the Finnish league, and you may not know but the UEFA co-effiecients of leagues does hinder the ratings of players, and with Finland beeing a 'poorer' league as you have stated, he wouldnt get as high rating than if he was playing in, say, Poland.

what rating would you give Pohjanpalo?

Not sure whats going on with the ratings and dont fancy reading through all these pages to try and find out (if theres even an answer anywhere), but can someone answer the following questions for me please:

1. Are SM still reviewing players on a league by league basis?

2. Why are they so slow, Bundesliga for example was last reviewed in March, people have babies quicker than SM do their ratings. Whatever happened to the major leagues being reviewed 3 times a year?

3. Why have they seemingly changed the review policy just before the major leagues are due to be done, thus causing further delays. Surely having up to date ratings for the major leagues take priority over pretty much meaningless +1's for players in Croatia for example.

4. Why are random players from leagues that have been reviewed several months after the major leagues last were done now getting rating changes?

5. Why on SoccerWiki are rating change suggestions randomly capped, for example I can't suggest a rating any higher than 90 for a player playing in Portugal. And what if a player deserves more than a +5 yet it is impossible to suggest so.

I have more questions but if these get answered it might clear up others which i am confused on.

i dont have him in any teams. i prefer Sabitzer ;)

im sorry but its not HYPE. he is playing and demonstrating his abilities. that it is not Hype. that is fact. Hype is 16/17 year olds playing youth football nowhere near a first team and people call them next this or next that.

i think you misunderstand most of what im saying' date=' of course i know just because Dortmund are watching him doesn't mean his rating goes up. Lazar Markovic as you point out, has not long ago been reviewed and he got 83, i would expect him to be 85/86 also when they get reviewed again. Poland hasnt been reviewed for along time, as i have highlighted.

as for Pohjanpalo, he is only in his first season, again Finland were recently reviewed and since then he has played for Finland. Therefore only now prehaps his 78 is out of touch and should go up, but he only rose 3 months ago. But as you put it, it is the Finnish league, and you may not know but the UEFA co-effiecients of leagues does hinder the ratings of players, and with Finland beeing a 'poorer' league as you have stated, he wouldnt get as high rating than if he was playing in, say, Poland.

what rating would you give Pohjanpalo?[/quote']

Yes, i bought sabitzer as soon as i saw these random rating changes, because something tells me that he is about to go up, same happend to milk, i just knew in my gut. I fell the same with imoh, stanciu and a dozen more.

I would give Pohjanpalo an 80/81 given all i know about him. Do you agree?

Not sure whats going on with the ratings and dont fancy reading through all these pages to try and find out (if theres even an answer anywhere)' date=' but can someone answer the following questions for me please:

2. Why are they so slow, Bundesliga for example was last reviewed in March, people have babies quicker than SM do their ratings. Whatever happened to the major leagues being reviewed 3 times a year?

3. Why have they seemingly changed the review policy just before the major leagues are due to be done, thus causing further delays. Surely having up to date ratings for the major leagues take priority over pretty much meaningless +1's for players in Croatia for example.

4. Why are random players from leagues that have been reviewed several months after the major leagues last were done now getting rating changes?

5. Why on SoccerWiki are rating change suggestions randomly capped, for example I can't suggest a rating any higher than 90 for a player playing in Portugal. And what if a player deserves more than a +5 yet it is impossible to suggest so.

I have more questions but if these get answered it might clear up others which i am confused on.[/quote']

Question 1: SM have abolished the practice of league by league review very recently and that is what most of the discussion on this thread is about.

Question 2: No idea they're just becoming extremely slow, can't really say much more than that.

Question 3: Another one where there is no logical answer. They instilled this new method when they were in the middle of the Italy review so only the weaker teams got reviewed and the likes of Milan, Roma, Juventus, Inter etc. have not been reviewed and their reviews have been delayed.

Question 4: Part of SM's new system by abolishing the old league by league basis. Random players from random leagues are getting rating changes because they are no longer reviewing each league as a whole then moving onto the next which makes for a very disorganized rating review system.

Question 5: SM seem to be under the belief that despite how good a player is or how big a talent is or how brilliant his performance is, a player cannot have a rating higher than a specific rating if they play in leagues. That only players playing in the big leagues are valid to be of a certain rating, 90+ for example. That remains one of the most mysterious things as they only allow us to suggest a +5 maximum but you still see players getting +10's and +11's etc. which leaves the question (asked earlier I believe) if they only allow us to suggest up to a +5 and when the community suggests it there are players getting higher than that so why ask the community to give their opinion if they are not allowed any room to breathe ? There are many 60 rated risers who deserve a rise of 15-20 yet we can still only suggest up to 5 and despite that players still rise by large amounts so are SM really listening to our suggestions ?

Yes' date=' i bought sabitzer as soon as i saw these random rating changes, because something tells me that he is about to go up, same happend to milk, i just knew in my gut. I fell the same with imoh, stanciu and a dozen more.

I would give Pohjanpalo an 80/81 given all i know about him. Do you agree?[/quote']

personally, i think 78 is fine, but now he has his NT debut, i do agree with 80.

Not sure whats going on with the ratings and dont fancy reading through all these pages to try and find out (if theres even an answer anywhere)' date=' but can someone answer the following questions for me please:

I have more questions but if these get answered it might clear up others which i am confused on.[/quote']

you need to read back. i have covered almost everything. in summary.

1) They are. as much as everyone seems to think they are not, they are. Currently its Serie A in Italy.

2) Well in September they did 12 leagues, October saw 8 leagues, Nov 4, so 24 leagues in 3 months, so 8 leagues a month on average. not so slow IMO. December is always a 'slow' month, but i think they will complete the Top 5.

3) they havent changed any policy, apart from removing the tabs that say 'currently reviewing' & 'to be reviewed'

now we get to see every scrap of data transferred over from soccerwiki, which IMO is better.

4) see above, its been going on for months now, i keep highlighting examples, its just only now everyone can see it.

5) no idea, but its pointless doing it because SM at the end of the day control ratings. No one suggested MILIK should get +8, because we cannot suggest such a rating. Its still down to SM

but you totally agree with milik's 84? i really think 82/83 would be the right rating.

yes Milik is 84.

he didnt get a rise in March 2012, look back at his stats. should have gone to 81/82 then. so effectively SM have given him his overdue rise and what he would be in the next Poland review.

Question 1: SM have abolished the practice of league by league review very recently and that is what most of the discussion on this thread is about.

Question 2: No idea they're just becoming extremely slow' date=' can't really say much more than that.

Question 3: Another one where there is no logical answer. They instilled this new method when they were in the middle of the Italy review so only the weaker teams got reviewed and the likes of Milan, Roma, Juventus, Inter etc. have not been reviewed and their reviews have been delayed.

Question 4: Part of SM's new system by abolishing the old league by league basis. Random players from random leagues are getting rating changes because they are no longer reviewing each league as a whole then moving onto the next which makes for a very disorganized rating review system.

Question 5: SM seem to be under the belief that despite how good a player is or how big a talent is or how brilliant his performance is, a player cannot have a rating higher than a specific rating if they play in leagues. That only players playing in the big leagues are valid to be of a certain rating, 90+ for example. That remains one of the most mysterious things as they only allow us to suggest a +5 maximum but you still see players getting +10's and +11's etc. which leaves the question (asked earlier I believe) if they only allow us to suggest up to a +5 and when the community suggests it there are players getting higher than that so why ask the community to give their opinion if they are not allowed any room to breathe ? There are many 60 rated risers who deserve a rise of 15-20 yet we can still only suggest up to 5 and despite that players still rise by large amounts so are SM really listening to our suggestions ?

I & others (Monkeyshuffle etc) have been banging on about this for ages, but we are all met by a wall of silence. 2 Choices: 1) We submit max 65 & SM raise it to 80? (Eg. Heiner Mora 65-80 in November) OR 2) We submit max 65 & "trusted" SW experts are allowed to submit more than a +5? They do rank these people on SW ... Top 20 scouts I think they call it. Anyone "in the know" please catagorically DENY No: 2 choice please :confused:

Edit: This seems to have been answered while I was composing this post. So subsequently what use is it submitting ratings if they have no chance of being accurate ie +5 max?

Question 2: No idea they're just becoming extremely slow' date=' can't really say much more than that.

Question 5: SM seem to be under the belief that despite how good a player is or how big a talent is or how brilliant his performance is, a player cannot have a rating higher than a specific rating if they play in leagues. That only players playing in the big leagues are valid to be of a certain rating, 90+ for example. That remains one of the most mysterious things as they only allow us to suggest a +5 maximum but you still see players getting +10's and +11's etc. which leaves the question (asked earlier I believe) if they only allow us to suggest up to a +5 and when the community suggests it there are players getting higher than that so why ask the community to give their opinion if they are not allowed any room to breathe ? There are many 60 rated risers who deserve a rise of 15-20 yet we can still only suggest up to 5 and despite that players still rise by large amounts so are SM really listening to our suggestions ?[/font']

sorry, disagree with all this mate!

they havent abolished the league by league review. serie a at the moment.

not so slow, look back at the averages over the last 3 months. around 8 leagues a month, 2 a week

Q3, they always start at the bottom and work up.

Q4 yes a few random players have been done, only 4/5 a day, which is nothing new and nothing major. people only really making a fuss because they missed 3/4 'big' risers....Kusk, Malanda, Cornelius and now Milik....there are thousands more risers out there.

Q5 league caps are a myth. how comes Neymar got 91...and the second part is becuase SM ultimately control the ratings. I think that system was put in place for them to monitor what people should think the higher rated players should be, rather than the 'riser' culture which has been spawned on the forums....

:)

I & others (Monkeyshuffle etc) have been banging on about this for ages' date=' but we are all met by a wall of silence. 2 Choices: 1) We submit max 65 & SM raise it to 80? (Eg. Heiner Mora 65-80 in November) OR 2) We submit max 65 & "trusted" SW experts are allowed to submit more than a +5? They do rank these people on SW ... Top 20 scouts I think they call it. Anyone "in the know" please catagorically DENY No: 2 choice please :confused:[/quote']

yes it is not true.

i keep banging on but its falling on deaf ears. SM control the ratings, not us/the community

you keep answering your own question, we can only submit +5 at max, and Milik got +8! there is your answer! SM control the ratings still!

Milik had an edit of his 'Preferred Foot' from Right to Left and his weight/height added. that brought his rating to SMs attention so they changed it.

i have the ticket here i admin'ed. it is still to be transferred across along with the 500+ i have looked at today.

Edited Player Details

Name Arkadiusz MILIK

Nickname Arkadiusz MILIK

Club Gornik Zabrze

Loan Club Unknown

Date of Birth 1994-02-28

Nation

Poland

Height (cm) 189

Weight (kg) 78

Position F©

Preferred Foot Left

Retirement Status Unknown

all the Serie A updates today were mainly ratings, all the position edits are still to be transferred over....for example, BONAVENTURA still is M(LC) but he will become M,AM(RLC) when they send the next lot over.

sorry' date=' disagree with all this mate!

they havent abolished the league by league review. serie a at the moment.

not so slow, look back at the averages over the last 3 months. around 8 leagues a month, 2 a week

Q3, they always start at the bottom and work up.

Q4 yes a few random players have been done, only 4/5 a day, which is nothing new and nothing major. people only really making a fuss because they missed 3/4 'big' risers....Kusk, Malanda, Cornelius and now Milik....there are thousands more risers out there.

Q5 league caps are a myth. how comes Neymar got 91...and the second part is becuase SM ultimately control the ratings. I think that system was put in place for them to monitor what people should think the higher rated players should be, rather than the 'riser' culture which has been spawned on the forums....

:)[/quote']

If they haven't abolished the league by league review why are players from other leagues getting reviewed?

Slow yes, they've been of reasonable pace.

I know that but by stopping the review of league by league (which they have done) it slows down the process doesn't it as the big teams are still left undone?

It's not complaining about the big rises it's why SW only allows us to suggest up to +5 yet players get above 5 so really SW experts get to decide don't they as they don't even give us the option of a +12 or anything?

SW doesn't allow us to suggest 91 for players in the Brazilian leagues so basically the same point as to Q4, they don't allow us to suggest certain ratings but certain experts can decide so is the community's opinion really being taken into consideration?

yes it is not true.

i keep banging on but its falling on deaf ears. SM control the ratings' date=' not us/the community

you keep answering your own question, we can only submit +5 at max, and Milik got +8! there is your answer! SM control the ratings still!

Milik had an edit of his 'Preferred Foot' from Right to Left and his weight/height added. that brought his rating to SMs attention so they changed it.

i have the ticket here i admin'ed. it is still to be transferred across along with the 500+ i have looked at today.[/quote']

Did u see my edit: I'll repeat it here:-

Edit: This seems to have been answered while I was composing this post. So subsequently what use is it submitting ratings if they have no chance of being accurate ie +5 max?

So, what use is it, if we can't offer accurate submissions???

you need to read back. i have covered almost everything. in summary.

1) They are. as much as everyone seems to think they are not' date=' they are. Currently its Serie A in Italy.

2) Well in September they did 12 leagues, October saw 8 leagues, Nov 4, so 24 leagues in 3 months, so 8 leagues a month on average. not so slow IMO. December is always a 'slow' month, but i think they will complete the Top 5.

3) they havent changed any policy, apart from removing the tabs that say 'currently reviewing' & 'to be reviewed'

now we get to see every scrap of data transferred over from soccerwiki, which IMO is better.

4) see above, its been going on for months now, i keep highlighting examples, its just only now everyone can see it.

5) no idea, but its pointless doing it because SM at the end of the day control ratings. No one suggested MILIK should get +8, because we cannot suggest such a rating. Its still down to SM[/quote']

Thanks for answering.

To be quite frank there is too much rubbish in this thread to easily find whats important and whats not..

Anyway in response:

1. Ok is there any reason then why SM are not telling us what leagues they are reviewing now and next?

2. I am less bothered about minor leagues, I want to know why its been 9 months since the major leagues were last done, that imo is a ridiculous length of time.

3. The policy pretty much has changed as from what i gather all ratings are done and transferred from soccerwiki and we dont get informed about what they're doing until its already done.

4. I'm not concerned with how long its been going on for, the question I have is why they are rereviewing players from leagues which were last reviewed in August for example, whilst players from Bundesliga last done in March are still waiting on changes.

5. So essentially any rating change suggestions made on soccerwiki is pointless because SM still do all the ratings themselves? :confused: Why is it even there then?

Did u see my edit: I'll repeat it here:-

So' date=' what use is it, if we can't offer accurate submissions???[/quote']

IMO, there is no use for it. It is there to make people think they are influencing changes!

but i do think when it was put on Soccerwiki, i think they though it would be useful as it would show them what people think the higher rated players should be ie 89/90/91s so they capped it at +5

lets not forget that 100,000s of SM managers dont know what 'risers' are, that has only spawned from the forumers, so they wouldnt be looking for 60 rated players to try and vote +20...your average SM player probably uses SM to buy the big players and maybe go on Soccerwiki to vote +1/+2 on the big players....

IMO' date=' there is no use for it. It is there to make people think they are influencing changes!

but i do think when it was put on Soccerwiki, i think they though it would be useful as it would show them what people think the higher rated players should be ie 89/90/91s so they capped it at +5

lets not forget that 100,000s of SM managers dont know what 'risers' are, that has only spawned from the forumers, so they wouldnt be looking for 60 rated players to try and vote +20...your average SM player probably uses SM to buy the big players and maybe go on Soccerwiki to vote +1/+2 on the big players....[/quote']

Thank you :)