Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

am i right or wrong here?

there is no longer a league by league review of ratings but SM will continue to use the old system without telling us which leagues are to be/being reviewed and this means they have no commitment to a schedule so they can go at their own pace without complaints,

changes from SW will happen alongside these reviews so when a player has e.g. a change of preferred foot, he will get his rating changed if applicable.

this will see the demise of custom set ups that are based on risers because they normally have a squad cap and you could wait 18 months for some to rise.

they have dumbed down SM by bringing in scout/managers reports that are aimed at 8 y.o. but now expect the game to improve by the fact you dont know if your player will ever get a rise?

am i right or wrong here?

there is no longer a league by league review of ratings but (1)SM will continue to use the old system without telling us which leagues are to be/being reviewed and this means they have no commitment to a schedule so they can go at their own pace without complaints' date='

[b'](2)[/b]changes from SW will happen alongside these reviews so when a player has e.g. a change of preferred foot, he will get his rating changed if applicable.

(3)this will see the demise of custom set ups that are based on risers because they normally have a squad cap and you could wait 18 months for some to rise.

(4)they have dumbed down SM by bringing in scout/managers reports that are aimed at 8 y.o. but now expect the game to improve by the fact you dont know if your player will ever get a rise?

There is still (but for how long??) the league-by-league review system, they are currently reviewing Italy Serie A. You are right about the next 4 points and i fully agree with you.

Not sure whats going on with the ratings and dont fancy reading through all these pages to try and find out (if theres even an answer anywhere)' date=' but can someone answer the following questions for me please:

1. Are SM still reviewing players on a league by league basis?

2. Why are they so slow, Bundesliga for example was last reviewed in March, people have babies quicker than SM do their ratings. Whatever happened to the major leagues being reviewed 3 times a year?

3. Why have they seemingly changed the review policy just before the major leagues are due to be done, thus causing further delays. Surely having up to date ratings for the major leagues take priority over pretty much meaningless +1's for players in Croatia for example.

4. Why are random players from leagues that have been reviewed several months after the major leagues last were done now getting rating changes?

5. Why on SoccerWiki are rating change suggestions randomly capped, for example I can't suggest a rating any higher than 90 for a player playing in Portugal. And what if a player deserves more than a +5 yet it is impossible to suggest so.

I have more questions but if these get answered it might clear up others which i am confused on.[/quote']

1. Yes they are. What has changed is that they don't want any longer to tell us which leagues are currently being reviewed and which are next.

2. They are so slow since the beginning of 2012 - and the introduction of SW. With the exception of 2 months (September, October) they are slow for the whole year...

The "major leagues being reviewed 3 times a year" is another thing that SM FAILED... They announced it early on season 10/11, they did for that season but failed to do it last season: They reviewed the "big-5" in March-April, i guess they were planning to do a 3rd review at the end of the season (May/June), but because they were so SLOW and because they were doing other things at that time (i.e. the change in the Concerns system, which was done in May/June), they FAILED to do it.

3. That is another example of how little thinking SM put in doing changes! They wanted to change the review policy, fine, but at least they could wait until they finish with the big-5, which are the most important leagues in the game! Instead, suddenly and without warning or announcement to their CUSTOMERS, they did the change just before they start with France!

4. This is, i guess, the "new policy" (i call it the new joke) by SM that we have to live with it, players RANDOMLY changing ratings...

5. The ratings given by members to players in SW, are of NO importance or use by SM. I don't know if this will change in the (far) future, but for now the rating suggestions at SW are NOT taken into consideration by SM. They still give their own ratings.

re Milik' date=' put it this way. Poland was reviewed last in March 2012, and is way overdue another review. Milik since made 24 apps last season but was still rated only 76! Using the 'two reviews in one go' suggestion as above with Obiang etc, he would have gone 76>82>84, so again, why delay the inevitable? Now he is a key player, in the NT and scoring. 84 is fair, and squad caps are actually a myth, i would say players such as SKORUPSKI, DANCH & NAKOULMA are also going to rise to 83/84 when Poland is reviewed. [b']WHICH IT WILL AT SOME POINT[/b]. i guess between Feb & March, as last year.

If people didnt have him already or heard of him, well thats their own fault. He has been on the radar of Dortmund and several other top clubs for about 6 months now, it really does help if you read some news every now and then"

it just seems your bitter you missed him...

Ok, first i must say that i have them both in my squads, so i'm very pleased with their progress. :D

When you attempt to compare two players, do it the right way. At least show the situation for BOTH players, and show the TRUE data.

I'm going to speak with FACTS:

Fact 1:

Poland was last reviewed in March 2012. That's 9 months until Milik's new review, yesterday. During this period, Milik's statistics are:

Season 11/12 (after 8th March): 11 appearances 4 goals 1 assist 602 minutes

Season 12/13: 14 appearances 7 goals 2 assists 1161 minutes

Total: 25 appearances 11 goals 3 assists 1763 minutes

Fact 2:

Serbia was reviewed in March 2011 and then again in September 2012. That's 18 months!! During this period, Markovic had:

Season 10/11(after March): 1 appearance 19 minutes

Season 11/12: 26 appearances 6 goals 6 assists 1703 minutes

4 European appearances 30 minutes

Season 12/13 (until 7th September): 3 appearances 2 goals 2 assists 227 minutes

6 European apps 2 assists 377 minutes

Total: 40 appearances 8 goals 10 assists 2356 minutes

So, Milik gets reviewed after 9 months and 1763 minutes. Markovic after 18 months (!) and 2356 minutes. Both are considered (very) hot prospects. (IMO Markovic is much better player, AT THE MOMENT). Milik gets 84 and Markovic 83... :rolleyes:

Fact 3:

- For the NT Milik had, until his review, 3 caps and 46 minutes (His last cap and 90 minutes were on Friday night. His review was published at Saturday morning, so simply this cap wasn't taken into consideration for his review, which was done obviously during Friday).

- Markovic had, until his review, 2 caps and 114 minutes for the NT.

The facts do the talking here... IMO since Markovic was rated at 83, Milik should have been rated at 82/83max. 84 is a little too much here. SM were wrong, again. But i guess this is what happens when you do RANDOM changes with a COMPLETE LACK OF SCHEDULE... :rolleyes:

an 18 year old' date=' playing professionally in [b']a top flight league[/b], scoring goals, playing for his countrys senior side. fully deserves a decent rating.

Poland league, a... top flight??!!! A league placed 20th at Uefa league ranking, you call it a... "top flight"!! It is below leagues as Cyprus, Israel etc!! Man, i couldn't stop laughing when i read this! Ok, i understand you must say something to justify your arguments, but, please, stay on planet earth! LOL!

Ok' date=' first i must say that i have them both in my squads, so i'm very pleased with their progress. :D

When you attempt to compare two players, do it the right way. At least show the situation for BOTH players, and show the TRUE data.

I'm going to speak with FACTS:

[u']Fact 1:[/u]

Poland was last reviewed in March 2012. That's 9 months until Milik's new review, yesterday. During this period, Milik's statistics are:

Season 11/12 (after 8th March): 11 appearances 4 goals 1 assist 602 minutes

Season 12/13: 14 appearances 7 goals 2 assists 1161 minutes

Total: 25 appearances 11 goals 3 assists 1763 minutes

Fact 2:

Serbia was reviewed in March 2011 and then again in September 2012. That's 18 months!! During this period, Markovic had:

Season 10/11(after March): 1 appearance 19 minutes

Season 11/12: 26 appearances 6 goals 6 assists 1703 minutes

4 European appearances 30 minutes

Season 12/13 (until 7th September): 3 appearances 2 goals 2 assists 227 minutes

6 European apps 2 assists 377 minutes

Total: 40 appearances 8 goals 10 assists 2356 minutes

So, Milik gets reviewed after 9 months and 1763 minutes. Markovic after 18 months (!) and 2356 minutes. Both are considered (very) hot prospects. (IMO Markovic is much better player, AT THE MOMENT). Milik gets 84 and Markovic 83... :rolleyes:

Fact 3:

- For the NT Milik had, until his review, 3 caps and 46 minutes (His last cap and 90 minutes were on Friday night. His review was published at Saturday morning, so simply this cap wasn't taken into consideration for his review, which was done obviously during Friday).

- Markovic had, until his review, 2 caps and 114 minutes for the NT.

The facts do the talking here... IMO since Markovic was rated at 83, Milik should have been rated at 82/83max. 84 is a little too much here. SM were wrong, again. But i guess this is what happens when you do RANDOM changes with a COMPLETE LACK OF SCHEDULE... :rolleyes:

Poland league, a... top flight??!!! A league placed 20th at Uefa league ranking, you call it a... "top flight"!! It is below leagues as Cyprus, Israel etc!! Man, i couldn't stop laughing when i read this! Ok, i understand you must say something to justify your arguments, but, please, stay on planet earth! LOL!

i dont know what your point is your trying to prove?for the sake of 1 point difference? they both got a +8 so what the problem?

if you want to talk about a players rating use the correct thread at least.

players are NOT just rated on statistics/minutes/goals.

and your last comment, please. your provoking a pathetic argument.

rather than attempt to wind me up by trying to negate my explanation, try posting something more helpful and constructive to other readers of this thread. if you want to insult me, id rather you PM me your views.

What makes me laugh is the "SM Cheerleaders" in this forum' date=' who are always ready to defend SM in every single matter (even if SM is clearly wrong), always cheer for everything SM does and are ready to attack everyone "dares" to criticize or complain for SM's (many) bad/wrong/insufficient issues![/quote']
ive asked for people to provide this and no one has.

What do you expect us to do' date=' keep copies of every single SM announcement here for over two years???[/b'] :eek: SM announced it back in 2010 (someone could find it after hard search, IF THEY HAVEN'T DELETED IT, OF COURSE). A lot of people were aware of it and there were even long discussions in the forum about it.

define 'a year' in football. A calendar year or a season?

i have Dec 2011' date=' April 2011, & Dec 2012 by my records, which is 3 times a 'year'.

you chose to become gold members, its not compulsory.[/quote']

In your attempt to defend SM, you have reached the point where you create your own calendars and "years"... :rolleyes: I don't know about your records, but from i what i know there is NO football season and NO calendar year in the known World containing 13 months or starting from one December and ending to another... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let me make it simple for you:

- SM announced in 2010 that they will review the "big-5" leagues 3 times per season from now on.

- They did it for season 10/11: They reviewed the big-5 in December '10, March '11 and June '11.

- In season 11/12 they reviewed them in December '11 and in March/April '12, but they FAILED to do a 3rd review (i guess this was their original plan, otherwise they wouldn't do the 2nd review in March/April if they intended to do only 2 reviews).

- So, because of their inefficiency, we are now (and for the last months) in the ridiculous situation where the most important and popular leagues in the game are not updated for 9 months! Including the final stages of those leagues, the final stages of Champions League and Europa League and of course the Euro2012... SM's perfect planning and organising of the reviews...

What do you expect us to do' date=' keep copies of every single SM announcement here for over two years???[/b'] :eek: SM announced it back in 2010 (someone could find it after hard search, IF THEY HAVEN'T DELETED IT, OF COURSE). A lot of people were aware of it and there were even long discussions in the forum about it.

In your attempt to defend SM, you have reached the point where you create your own calendars and "years"... :rolleyes: I don't know about your records, but from i what i know there is NO football season and NO calendar year in the known World containing 13 months or starting from one December and ending to another... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let me make it simple for you:

- SM announced in 2010 that they will review the "big-5" leagues 3 times per season from now on.

- They did it for season 10/11: They reviewed the big-5 in December '10, March '11 and June '11.

- In season 11/12 they reviewed them in December '11 and in March/April '12, but they FAILED to do a 3rd review (i guess this was their original plan, otherwise they wouldn't do the 2nd review in March/April if they intended to do only 2 reviews).

- So, because of their inefficiency, we are now (and for the last months) in the ridiculous situation where the most important and popular leagues in the game are not updated for 9 months! Including the final stages of those leagues, the final stages of Champions League and Europa League and of course the Euro2012... SM's perfect planning and organising of the reviews...

once again, please.

your provoking a pathetic argument.

rather than attempt to wind me up by trying to negate my explanation, try posting something more helpful and constructive to other readers of this thread. if you want to insult me, id rather you PM me your views.

You guys might laugh at me, but here is what I think from what I've seen.

I think SM will continue to review nation by nation (no changes), but lesser number of clubs per day and also focus of some of the players from other random leagues by demand.

For example, they used to do 4-5 clubs per day (if I remember correctly). Now maybe they'll do 2-3 clubs + high demand players to keep the rating more up-to-date across all the leagues.

Though this won't really explain some of the REALLY RANDOM African risers recently (maybe lots of African users submitted the change? who knows), it might explain Cornelius and Milik rise in the middle of French and Italian top flight review.

If it is, then I would be quite pleased... For example, I remember I had to wait FOREVER for Mateo Kovacic (Dinamo Zagreb) to rise. If what I theorize is true then Kovacic would've been updated much earlier before the Croatian league review.

I do hope, however, they bring back the league review announcements back.

Just throwing it out there guys.

Anyone know what league is getting done after the italian?They are doing Italian now.

it will be mostly likely germany/spain or england, if they follow what they have done previously with the top 5 leagues.

Personally i think this might be the end for people who manage small clubs. As for myself advanced knowledge of what leagues were about to be reviewed let me buy low ranked players, gain a profit and then sell them on, which in return gave me extra money over the course of a season. Which over time gave me a chance to compete with bigger clubs on the transfer front.

Now even with the new system in-place i could still buy players who will rise but will now be limited to how many i buy. In the past i could get a riser of 78 to 83 from Poland have him for 9/10 weeks and then sell him.

Now i will have to either let them sit in the reserves for god only knows when for their profile to be reviewed. Or send him out on loan, which could be as long as 6 months if done at the start of the season. Which stops me creating a money stream, which will result in me missing out on players i would like to sign.

It just seems one thing after another lately in catering for the big clubs and big leagues. The way i see it, leagues like Slovenia and Romania will hardly get reviewed from now on. The only way a player from Romania would get a rating change would be if they moved to a bigger club.

SM may as well say, from now on are only going to focus on the top 6 leagues . Were aware of the other leagues and they could be updated any minute but not lightly . But in the mean time don't worry if you've signed Lazar Markovic if he moves to Chelsea his rating will change ASAP.

Personally i think this might be the end for people who manage small clubs. As for myself advanced knowledge of what leagues were about to be reviewed let me buy low ranked players' date=' gain a profit and then sell them on, which in return gave me extra money over the course of a season. Which over time gave me a chance to compete with bigger clubs on the transfer front.

Now even with the new system in-place i could still buy players who will rise but will now be limited to how many i buy. In the past i could get a riser of 78 to 83 from Poland have him for 9/10 weeks and then sell him.

Now i will have to either let them sit in the reserves for god only knows when for their profile to be reviewed. Or send him out on loan, which could be as long as 6 months if done at the start of the season. Which stops me creating a money stream, which will result in me missing out on players i would like to sign.

It just seems one thing after another lately in catering for the big clubs and big leagues. The way i see it, leagues like Slovenia and Romania will hardly get reviewed from now on. The only way a player from Romania would get a rating change would be if they moved to a bigger club.

SM may as well say, from now on are only going to focus on the top 6 leagues . Were aware of the other leagues and they could be updated any minute but not lightly . But in the mean time don't worry if you've signed Lazar Markovic if he moves to Chelsea his rating will change ASAP.[/quote']

All good points, with which I completely agree.

My main gripe is the fact we are having to piece this information together from what we have observed and information from other members (such as Daggers), there has not been any official statement of how the system is working apart from these statements.

Hi everybody' date='

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric and along with some other people from SM (SM Dev Vicky, SM Dev Richard, SM Dev John & SM Dev Pete) we will be aiming to post more often in the forum and try and strengthen community links where we can. We each have different technical backgrounds so it will likely be different SM Devs posting at different times depending on the nature of the thread.

In the main we can see the community knows a lot of the answers to general questions and some great work in educating each other goes on...we would like this to continue and so we will try and jump in where something specific crops where we feel we can add value to the discussion and of course, to help improve the game and keep the community at the centre of this process.

There's been quite a few posts on this thread around player/league updates and the answer to all this is that SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting [i']all[/i] the changes that the users have been making. I'm sure most of you have seen the SoccerWiki site but for any that hasn't, I would recommend taking a look and maybe get involved with them if you want to @ www.soccerwiki.org

Hope this helps a little.

We can't answer every post - there is a lot more of you than us :) - but we'll definitely be doing our best to engage as much as we can with the community as we move forward.

Regards

Eric

SM

Hi all' date='

Lot's of posts covering a variety of things and whilst we wont be able to answer each one and the various points raised, between all the new Devs we will really try to at least take in most of what is written here and we can use this knowledge to shape the game going forward - so please do keep your posts coming, especially the constructive ones :)

In taking data daily from the Wiki, the core concept of buying younger players before they improve has not changed and is still happening right across the game - albeit it is of course a little different now because daily changes reflect any changes made by the Wiki community rather than specified leagues being updated at a point in time. In this way, there is no 'waiting list' of leagues our end - we are as up to date as the Wiki as at any given day.

Eric

SM[/quote']

Taking the following key points

SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting all the changes that the users have been making.

Daily changes reflect any changes made by the Wiki community rather than specified leagues being updated at a point in time. In this way, there is no 'waiting list' of leagues our end

The first statement can be seen as true ONLY if we don't include ratings. Non rating data does appear to be being pulled across.

The next statement, once again only applies to non rating data. HOWEVER there is CLEARLY still a waiting list in operation "our end", anyone can clearly see Italy is currently under review and I would be surprised if the other big leagues aren't to follow shortly afterwards.

So why do you not just tell us this SM? Instead of having to read 70 pages posts from forum users trying to work it out for ourselves?

they have been too busy with the latest notification

Hi paul smut, We notice you set your location as Oman when you registered with Soccer Manager.

Soccer Manager is looking for speakers of Arabic to help translate the game.

By translating the site into Arabic it will enable any of your friends/family who are not already on the site who do not speak English to register so that they can then play Soccer Manager in their own language.

If you wish to become a translator for Arabic please Click Here to become a translator.

BUT MY LOCATION IS SET TO SOUTH AFRICA

is it possible that they are just so incompetent, that they want to explain everything but dont know how to.

SW Recent Activity: " You have not yet made any contributions to Soccer Wiki " is now on my signing in page.

Well I used to do a lot, stopped and then started again in recent 2/3 weeks BUT NOW JUST submitting rating changes & now I get the above message. I got the usual GREEN BAND saying that "New Player rating submitted" but are they taking any notice???

Does this mean SW takes absolutely no notice of submitting rating changes & maybe never did???

Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

It seems like we have had another stop in the Italian changes...now it's becoming really frustrating....

I was one of the more patient one's tbh thinking last time they took a break they'd transfer all the changes over together but having not done that another 'rest day' takes the biscuit tbh..

My main gripe is the fact we are having to piece this information together from what we have observed and information from other members (such as Daggers)' date=' there has not been any official statement of how the system is working apart from these statements.

Taking the following key points

[i']SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting all the changes that the users have been making.

Daily changes reflect any changes made by the Wiki community rather than specified leagues being updated at a point in time. In this way, there is no 'waiting list' of leagues our end[/i]

The first statement can be seen as true ONLY if we don't include ratings. Non rating data does appear to be being pulled across.

The next statement, once again only applies to non rating data. HOWEVER there is CLEARLY still a waiting list in operation "our end", anyone can clearly see Italy is currently under review and I would be surprised if the other big leagues aren't to follow shortly afterwards.

So why do you not just tell us this SM? Instead of having to read 70 pages posts from forum users trying to work it out for ourselves?

Hey, you stole my sig pic! :eek:

Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy......

This situation is no longer tolerable.

SM...use the review system you prefer but, please, apply it!

We can not stay all this time without revisions....this policy is literally destroying my finances...I need to sell my players for sustaining my team...but until they don't rise I can't sell them...I've been waiting for 5 months to get the major leagues reviewed...I think I've been patient enough...

Guilty as charged ;)

You are hereby charged with pointing out the lies we are been fed about "the community" voting on all changes.

I've tried to play by SM's new rules and proposed lots of changes, all of which have been rejected. Are we told why they are rejected? Are we hell.

Devs are a joke, load of power-triped clowns who've lost sight of what made this game enjoyable.

Hows about instead of asking me if I'd like to translate the sight from Arabic, you listen to the hundreds of your paying customers and give us some answers?

To think, presuming SM are still following the Big 5 system, that they started the changes with France in November, come mid-December and we'e only seen France and maybe 60-70% of Italy reviewed. SM will go for their Christmas break with at least 2 (but probably 3) of the major leagues still wildly out of date, not to mention the second tier leagues like Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal. I've tried to avoid simply criticising SM in this thread lately, preferring to try and stay constructive, but enough is enough, this is getting silly.

Today's 'break' in the Italian review now means that there has now been, effectively, a full working week wasted whilst doing them, and it just doesn't add up. Once again, if SM gave us some kind of reassurance or explanation about the current system it might not be so bad, but instead we still haven't gotten beyond the 'automated' responses. SM, please, sort it out, you're ruining what is a great game. Offer your users a clear explanation on what is going on, and make sure that the system is implemented properly, that's all we ask.