Sign in to follow this  
M.B.Diouf

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed.. any guesses???

from the top flight still: England' date=' Spain, Germany, Holland, Portugal. usually they left the 'big four' for last but since they did france then italy my guess is germany[/quote']

just Juventus tomorrow, its on Soccerwiki

Then it will stop for xmas/New year.

There is something i didnt get thought.

After the implementation of SW' date=' and these recent changes, will the league reviews totally disappear leaving only the individual SW reviews, or will the revies still happen (but with no particular order or schedule), leaving SW as an additional feature for individual reviews?

Right now SM is still doing the league reviews of the top leagues, but after that, will they keep doing the reviews or after the big leagues are done it will be individual SW reviews only?[/quote']

I don't think they will totally leave league reviews and start reviewing random players or clubs from around the world. I don't see how this could work, it would simply create a chaos in the database.

I agree with what Soccahappy said, they are doing this because they don't like the "buying/selling risers" strategy of playing the game and they want to limit it as much as possible. I think it's more than OBVIOUS to anyone, that this is the main consequence of this policy change.

Plus, the fact that from now on they will have a nice excuse for their delays: "It's not us, it's the SW..."

What is going to happen, IMO: Whoever does the reviews, SM or SW, they will still continue to review league by league, without announcing it. We will be noticing it after the first 3-4 teams of each league have their reviews, we will then know which league is being reviewed. Plus, we will have these random changes, like we have now, probably taken from SW (if they move on to allow SW to decide on ratings).

Just have a look at the random changes so far:

Vietto

Kusk

Cornelius

Okore

Milik

Chiriches

and some others i don't remember now. Question: What do these players have in common? Answer: They are all very POPULAR, probably they are already bought in managed teams in more than 90% of the, even slightly competitive, gameworlds!

Why, for example, didn't Gundelach (77, Nordsjaelland) have a review, but his teammate Okore did? Simple, because Gundelach isn't as popular as Okore!

That's why i don't think they will just leave SW doing random player changes. They will ruin the whole Database that way. There will still be (some kind of) a schedule.

I didn't like Soccerwiki and the idea around it (being a totally different site, doing changes on DB there and then transferring it to SM) from the beginning, and this feeling grows all the time. Right now it seems to me that Soccerwiki is the cancer inside SM's body!

At least if they manage to increase the speed in a satisfying level (more than their MAXIMUM of 4-5 teams a day...), that would be something, but i doubt it and i won't believe it until i see it...

I don't think they will totally leave league reviews and start reviewing random players or clubs from around the world. I don't see how this could work' date=' it would simply create a chaos in the database.[/b']

I agree with what Soccahappy said, they are doing this because they don't like the "buying/selling risers" strategy of playing the game and they want to limit it as much as possible. I think it's more than OBVIOUS to anyone, that this is the main consequence of this policy change.

Plus, the fact that from now on they will have a nice excuse for their delays: "It's not us, it's the SW..."

What is going to happen, IMO: Whoever does the reviews, SM or SW, they will still continue to review league by league, without announcing it. We will be noticing it after the first 3-4 teams of each league have their reviews, we will then know which league is being reviewed. Plus, we will have these random changes, like we have now, probably taken from SW (if they move on to allow SW to decide on ratings).

Vietto

Kusk

Cornelius

Okore

Milik

Chiriches

and some others i don't remember now. Question: What do these players have in common? Answer: They are all very POPULAR, probably they are already bought in managed teams in more than 90% of the, even slightly competitive, gameworlds!

Why, for example, didn't Gundelach (77, Nordsjaelland) have a review, but his teammate Okore did? Simple, because Gundelach isn't as popular as Okore!

That's why i don't think they will just leave SW doing random player changes. They will ruin the whole Database that way. There will still be (some kind of) a schedule.

I didn't like Soccerwiki and the idea around it (being a totally different site, doing changes on DB there and then transferring it to SM) from the beginning, and this feeling grows all the time. Right now it seems to me that Soccerwiki is the cancer inside SM's body!

At least if they manage to increase the speed in a satisfying level (more than their MAXIMUM of 4-5 teams a day...), that would be something, but i doubt it and i won't believe it until i see it...

Couldn't agree more! :):):)

Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy......

Guys, i'm getting totally lost now.

In last days i've seen risers from Algeria, Zambia, Romania, Croatia, Austria, etc etc.

Shall we think that they are starting the review of some of these leagues or they are just random ones to make chaos even bigger? :)

I still can't understand why SM has to destroy the only perfect thing of this game... :rolleyes:

EDIT: and, talking about the fact that they tend to review famous players now, i don't think it works. I think a good manager of this game discovers a future champion before he becomes famous, checking league statistics, searching for news, etc etc. If this is the idea they are following now, it's the exact opposite of the "player scouting" thing.

Vietto

Kusk

Cornelius

Okore

Milik

Chiriches

and some others i don't remember now. Question: What do these players have in common? Answer: They are all very POPULAR' date=' probably they are already bought in managed teams in more than 90% of the, even slightly competitive, gameworlds!

...............[/quote']

so how do you explain the likes of

IGUMANOVIC, Blažo

BOLJEVIĆ, Aleksandar

KALABA, Rainford

DJABOU, Abdelmoumene

PAVLOVIC, Mateo

...you cant weigh the rises of 6 players (who were well overdue rises) against the dozen or so others who are not 'popular' as you put it.

i do agree with you though that there will be a schedule, it would be farcical to build a game over 5 years based on rating players in individual leagues & being updated to reflect how they are playing in real life, and then chuck it away and start over do odd players here and there.

As you said, it would be total Chaos not just for the SM users, but the SW reviewers, i mean how would they go about it! throw a dart at a map for a country and then throw that dart at a copy of the league table to get a club and then the same dart at the squad list!! :D

I think they might assign certain reviewers to a bunch of leagues and constantly keep reviewing them on a monthly basis for example, on SW there are 16 'Popular' leagues on the Competition page. 4 blocks of 4.

so 4 reviewers, look after those 4 leagues each =16 leagues.., and so on.

ANYWAY...

as Eric (Dev) pointed out, we will have to bare with them whilst they make the changes and roll the system out now its gone into full time development. We should just stop trying to second guess how its gonna work and constantly criticise whats happening, until we actually see what happens.

The league by league method was knackered, too slow and constantly out of date. It needed to change. Bring it on.

i hope you all enjoy your xmas and new year.

i just wanted to mention that SM have just fixed a problem of mine.

i have a small club in a forum set up and just made some money out of a cup final but my starting balance changed and left me with 500k instead of 2M, all the figures added up so it wasnt an obvious problem, anyway SM listened and sorted it out, all credit to them.

i hope you all enjoy your xmas and new year.

i just wanted to mention that SM have just fixed a problem of mine.

i have a small club in a forum set up and just made some money out of a cup final but my starting balance changed and left me with 500k instead of 2M' date=' all the figures added up so it wasnt an obvious problem, anyway SM listened and sorted it out, all credit to them.[/quote']

great to hear, nice to see a positive post on here!

i also had a problem fixed about the chairman valuations, you commented on it too i believe in 7777. However not getting your cup winnings is a bigger problem than player ratings short term so glad they ironed that out!

so they are listening, and working things out. full credit to them!

;2367034']As you said' date=' it would be total Chaos not just for the SM users, but the SW reviewers, i mean how would they go about it! throw a dart at a map for a country and then throw that dart at a copy of the league table to get a club and then the same dart at the squad list!! :D[/quote']

Their secrets out!

;2367034']The league by league method was knackered' date=' too slow and constantly out of date. It needed to change. Bring it on.[/quote']

:eek:

;2366128']just Juventus tomorrow' date=' its on Soccerwiki

Then it will stop for xmas/New year.[/quote']

After Serie A...

Anyone have any idea when will EPL and La Liga be reviewed and which first?

Also I like the latest reviews, it is bold and updated to real life.

Not afraid of adding points for players who deserved it, and more importantly also reducing players who are out of their peak or clearly don't deserved their current rating. e.g. Pato... I'd expect players like Gervinho and Sahin must get the -1 too. :D

After Serie A...

Anyone have any idea when will EPL and La Liga be reviewed and which first?

Also I like the latest reviews' date=' it is bold and updated to real life.

Not afraid of adding points for players who deserved it, and more importantly also reducing players who are out of their peak or clearly don't deserved their current rating. e.g. Pato... I'd expect players like Gervinho and Sahin must get the -1 too. :D[/quote']

Yeah I do like the possibilities that players could go down 1 not playing & season start, then get selected in 2nd half of season, maybe hit top form & get a +1, even maybe +2 at the end of season review (thinking more of Top 5 Leagues). The Terrys, Lampards, Sneijders, Pirlo maybe even Torres etc (Up-Downs & Down Ups). Call it see-saw re-ratings :)

does anyone know when it will start with an overview of the others top 5 leagues?

They will probably continue the review in the begin of the new year

Boy is this game becoming frustrating, I am in a private GW with the best 20 teams of Europe and all the teams with Italian and French players have had ridiculous increases since November.....

Since I manage BVB, I am now forced to compete every turn against over inflated teams like Nápoli and Juventus with the likes of Reus, Kagawa and Lewandowski......

Not certainly taking it too much heavily as this is only a game but this game sure was better when it was simpler....

Good New Year to all.

And the wait continues...

Insigne, cambiasso etc have been done but have to agee it's snails pace, even taking into account a long Xmas, NY break. Hope it improves tomorrow ...

Edit: Oooops my mistake, done b4 Xmas. Well what excuse can we have then .... I know .... Too many mince pies ... "not feeling so good, not comin in to work today" that sounds good if I rough up my voice a bit....

And the wait continues...

It's a bit unfair if you have players that have not been updated yet, and competing against teams that have already had there's! I hope it's not like this every time there is an update

As the old saying goes 'if it's not broke, don't fix it''

Boy is this game becoming frustrating' date=' I am in a private GW with the best 20 teams of Europe and all the teams with Italian and French players have had ridiculous increases since November.....

Since I manage BVB, I am now forced to compete every turn against over inflated teams like Nápoli and Juventus with the likes of Reus, Kagawa and Lewandowski......

Not certainly taking it too much heavily as this is only a game but this game sure was better when it was simpler....

Good New Year to all.[/quote']

I wouldn't worry too much, the match engine is so laughable that you can usually beat 95 average rated teams with an 86 average rated team. In fact, just toss a coin to see if you will win tonight!

I wouldn't worry too much' date=' the match engine is so laughable that you can usually beat 95 average rated teams with an 86 average rated team. In fact, just toss a coin to see if you will win tonight![/quote']

You guys reckon that SoccerWiki is behind SM's demise right now?

I wouldn't worry too much' date=' the match engine is so laughable that you can usually beat 95 average rated teams with an 86 average rated team. In fact, just toss a coin to see if you will win tonight![/quote']

small teams do win great teams in real world too.

I wasn't expecting any changes today but tomorrow, i thing they should start reviewing Bundesliga.

Riferimento: Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

small teams do win great teams in real world too.

Yes. You're right. But in real world small teams SOMETIMES do win against great teams, not ALWAYS.

I agree that in the last period the match engine has gone progressively worse.

You don't need to buy better players and improve your team because it's all left to chance. Results are pure casuality.

It's a bit unfair if you have players that have not been updated yet' date=' and competing against teams that have already had there's! I hope it's not like this every time there is an update

As the old saying goes 'if it's not broke, don't fix it''[/quote']

summore its slower this time. its already almost a month since the BIG 5 review

Re: Riferimento: Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review poli

Yes. You're right. But in real world small teams SOMETIMES do win against great teams' date=' not ALWAYS.

I agree that in the last period the match engine has gone progressively worse.

You don't need to buy better players and improve your team because it's all left to chance. Results are pure casuality.[/quote']

I too have trouble winning some teams, when i have clearly better players, and i am better preparations (tactics, physical, moral), it annoys me very much, but all i have left is trying to improve my team, and my tactics.

My team oscillate between 89/90 average rating, and soon i hope 91 because i have players like kroos, lewandowski, alba, that i expect to rise to 92, or at least to 91. And i have no trouble beating 93/94/95 teams, its the 86/87 or the 89/90 that i have a hard time with. But at least its kinda fair, because i think taking a big club with lots of resources should not warrant you the title, you should work every aspect of the game to do so.

I don't think the game engine is good, because some tactics that doesn't make any sense many time beats me, while i have some thought tactics, that at least make sense. But with some research i'm getting some results.