Sign in to follow this  
M.B.Diouf

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

While what JMH says about some players having their rating change outside of their own league rating changes when they switch clubs or have a positional change is true, it isn't consistent. Not every player that transfers gets their deserved rating change at that point and it is even less common for a player to get their deserved rating change when they change position, though it does happen.

Example : Sterling had his position changed today. Are you telling me he is a 75 rated player?

While what JMH says about some players having their rating change outside of their own league rating changes when they switch clubs or have a positional change is true' date=' it isn't consistent. Not every player that transfers gets their deserved rating change at that point and it is even less common for a player to get their deserved rating change when they change position, though it does happen.

Example : Sterling had his position changed today. Are you telling me he is a 75 rated player?[/quote']

Yes, that inconsistencies annoys me too.

Yes' date=' that inconsistencies annoys me too.[/quote']

they only do a rating change for players that play in a competition they won't review soon. The EPL will normally follow after the bundesliga and than they will review sterling.

The new way they rate players is MILES better than a league at a time' date=' more efficient and [b']you dont have to wait as long to get your players reviewed[/b]

:)

On the contrary! This way you don't know when your players are going to be reviewed, it could be tomorrow but it could also be next year! Don't get too excited just because you had a player randomly risen yesterday, you could be unlucky with the next ones and wait for ages... :(

Nope' date=' I have no idea why everyone hates the new system? eg, Henrik got his rise without having to wait a month or two for the ukrainian league to get reviewed, and this is bad?

:confused:[/color']

I have Mkhitaryan too in some of my teams. So what? You have to see the whole picture and not only one player: Mkhitaryan was reviewed, but e.g. Alex Teixeira not. IS THIS GOOD? Is this good for the game as a whole? Is this good for the database?

Eric Dier got reviewed, but Cedric not... And so on... This is just ridiculous, it will only create a mess and an imbalance to the DB, having some players get reviewed and some others in the same team/league not.

2. SM wants to conserve time and resources -- I'm guessing reviewing entire leagues takes quite a lot of time and research

... And by changing to this random system, it takes even more time and effort to do the reviews! Take yesterday as an example: They reviewed only 2 German teams (Augsburg and Furth), but they also reviewed 41 single players from all over the world! Which means that instead of searching for the statistics of only one league and review the teams of that one league, they had to search for a different league through the globe each time, to find the statistics for each one random player and review him!

And when they move on to review the whole league of that random player in 1, 2, 3 or whatever months time, they will have to search AGAIN the statistics for that player, so they will make the effort TWICE! For example, yesterday Eric Dier got a rise of +5. This means that they had to do a work at his perfomances to find the right rise. If they review Portugal in, say, 1-2 months later (it's possible to do it after the big-5), this means that they will have to do the same work again, search Dier's stats to give him his +1 or +2 more!

Instead, they could just leave him for when the whole league gets reviewed, and do the work for some German player!

Instead of randomly reviewing those 41 players, they could do the same effort and review 2 or 3 more German teams! They would finish Germany much more faster this way and move on!

The big leagues do get reviewed entirely though. The big 5 gets reviewed 3x a year instead of the former 2x. And Brazil gets reviewed more frequently as well.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mate, in what year do you live??? Is it 2011 in your world??? Because here it's 2013 now! :eek:

The bolded above you mention, are things that were happening in 2011...:rolleyes:

The big-5 got reviewed 3 times a season only ONCE, in season 10/11. Last season (11/12) they got reviewed only 2 times. This season (12/13).... well.... we are in January 2013 and they are still struggling to do a very first review of the big-5... Until now, 2 out 5. They started at end of November and they are expected to finish it in mid February...

As for the Brazil... more frequently??? :eek: They used to review it twice a season until 2011, but in the 2012 season it was reviewed only once...

On the contrary! This way you don't know when your players are going to be reviewed' date=' it could be tomorrow but it could also be next year! Don't get too excited just because you had a player randomly risen yesterday, you could be unlucky with the next ones and wait for ages... :(

I have Mkhitaryan too in some of my teams. So what? You have to see the whole picture and not only one player: Mkhitaryan was reviewed, but e.g. Alex Teixeira not. [b']IS THIS GOOD[/b]? Is this good for the game as a whole? Is this good for the database?

Eric Dier got reviewed, but Cedric not... And so on... This is just ridiculous, it will only create a mess and an imbalance to the DB, having some players get reviewed and some others in the same team/league not.

The previous system you didn't know when players were going to be reviewed either.

Better than it was, at least some players are getting reviewed as opposed to none

I have a feeling that SM don't know what they're getting into. Sure lucky for them, the Bundesliga has stopped for the winter break and so the Table remains contant, so SM can take their time going up the table 2 by 2 doing reviews.

HOWEVER, the other leagues are still ongoing and therefore their respective tables won't remain the same for SM to do reviewing. Now I wonder what SM are gonna do once they reach La Liga. :rolleyes:

They might go alphabetically some might argue. I'm not really sure in what manner did they review Serie A, it was all just one big wanton mess to me as I saw it.

So if they were to review La Liga and EPL aphabetically, why won't they do the same to the Bundesliga? This painfully highlights the inconsistencies of SM :(

And once again, I want to state that I have never liked SoccerWiki. I've always pictured them as men in corporate suits B) , leeching and taking out the simplicity of SM that it once had.

I have a feeling that SM don't know what they're getting into. Sure lucky for them' date=' the Bundesliga has stopped for the winter break and so the Table remains contant, so SM can take their time going up the table 2 by 2 doing reviews.

HOWEVER, the other leagues are still ongoing and therefore their respective tables won't remain the same for SM to do reviewing. Now I wonder what SM are gonna do once they reach La Liga.

[/quote']

From what I saw during the Serie A (which I followed with great interest) changes SM simply proceed up the table, in the order it was in when they began the changes, irrespective of any later shifts. Because I was a very interested onlooker to those changes I actually copied the table the day they started for reference, and they stuck to it, even after there had been another round of games which changed the positions.

The previous system you didn't know when players were going to be reviewed either.

Better than it was' date=' at least some players are getting reviewed as opposed to none[/color']

But now it's just an inefficient scatter gun approach. By using SW in this way they're creating a database that is rife with inconsistency, where only the 'popular' players from that league actually get a fair review, whilst most of the others continue to be rated many points lower. Far from helping them keep the database well balanced and up to date, it's, actually, only going to make it seem more unbalanced and out of date. I'm happy to wait a few weeks/months longer if it means we have a database (as we did) that is reviewed methodically, and logically, therefore making it more accurate as a whole. I actually really like the concept of SW, and think it is a great tool to update players more regularly, I just don't think it should have taken such a major role in rating changes.

The database will not benefit from the fact its users are only going to update the 'hot' players that they have and want to rise, leaving all the other players rating slipping hideously outdated. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they finally do make it through the big 5 (got to finish what they start I guess), and whether the concept of overall league reviews is abolished from then onwards. We've already seen a mass of countries receive many random risers, which perhaps suggests they are all nations that will not get a thorough review again.

Riferimento: Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

But now it's just an inefficient scatter gun approach. By using SW in this way they're creating a database that is rife with inconsistency' date=' where only the 'popular' players from that league actually get a fair review, whilst most of the others continue to be rated many points lower. Far from helping them keep the database well balanced and up to date, it's, actually, only going to make it seem more unbalanced and out of date. I'm happy to wait a few weeks/months longer if it means we have a database (as we did) that is reviewed methodically, and logically, therefore making it more accurate as a whole. I actually really like the concept of SW, and think it is a great tool to update players more regularly, I just don't think it should have taken such a major role in rating changes.

The database will not benefit from the fact its users are only going to update the 'hot' players that they have and want to rise, leaving all the other players rating slipping hideously outdated. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they finally do make it through the big 5 (got to finish what they start I guess), and whether the concept of overall league reviews is abolished from then onwards. We've already seen a mass of countries receive many random risers, which perhaps suggests they are all nations that will not get a thorough review again.[/quote']

A very good analisys

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mate' date=' in what year do you live??? Is it 2011 in your world??? Because here it's 2013 now! :eek:

The bolded above you mention, are things that were happening in 2011...:rolleyes:

The big-5 got reviewed 3 times a season only ONCE, in season 10/11. Last season (11/12) they got reviewed only 2 times. This season (12/13).... well.... we are in January 2013 and they are still struggling to do a very first review of the big-5... Until now, 2 out 5. They started at end of November and they are expected to finish it in mid February...

As for the Brazil... more frequently??? :eek: They used to review it twice a season until 2011, but in the 2012 season it was reviewed only once...[/quote']

Brazil was reviewed twice in 2012 too. Jan and oct.

But now it's just an inefficient scatter gun approach. By using SW in this way they're creating a database that is rife with inconsistency' date=' where only the 'popular' players from that league actually get a fair review, whilst most of the others continue to be rated many points lower. Far from helping them keep the database well balanced and up to date, it's, actually, only going to make it seem more unbalanced and out of date. I'm happy to wait a few weeks/months longer if it means we have a database (as we did) that is reviewed methodically, and logically, therefore making it more accurate as a whole. I actually really like the concept of SW, and think it is a great tool to update players more regularly, I just don't think it should have taken such a major role in rating changes.

The database will not benefit from the fact its users are only going to update the 'hot' players that they have and want to rise, leaving all the other players rating slipping hideously outdated. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they finally do make it through the big 5 (got to finish what they start I guess), and whether the concept of overall league reviews is abolished from then onwards. We've already seen a mass of countries receive many random risers, which perhaps suggests they are all nations that will not get a thorough review again.[/quote']

This is spot on and follows on from my earlier comment which I mention this SW approach to rating changes is going to cause an imbalance within league team ratings.

I'd rather wait and have an entire league reviewed so that all of its players are taken into account, not just the flavour of the month players.

What will this do to new set ups (Ukraine Championship for example) where certain players have been reviewed and others haven't, giving an imbalance to the players at clubs disposal?

There are some issues that I agree, but I mostly disagree with this new method.

First, I agree with the ratings on the players that will be transfered in January, because they are moving away for some reason (or they are playing really good like Demba Ba, or not playing at all like Joe Cole or Sturridge). If they choose to do this rating they have my support.

But then I agree with most of you, when you say that it is unfair changing ratings to the "popular" players and left other players out. Other thing is, if the base is SoccerWiki (i really don't understand the connection between SW and SM yet) a lobby can be created, and we can vote massively on one player and have the certainty that the player will soon rise.

I don't think this new method will bring more efficiency to the database. If believe that some leagues will continue to be forgotten and not reviewed for about 2 or 3 years. Or worse, maybe two or three players (the popular ones) will be reviewed and the others will be left over until they move out or win the championship.

But hey, this is only an opinion of a unexperienced guy, that only recently understood the rating system =p

Cheers

Riferimento: Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

On the contrary! This way you don't know when your players are going to be reviewed' date=' it could be tomorrow but it could also be next year! Don't get too excited just because you had a player randomly risen yesterday, you could be unlucky with the next ones and wait for ages... :(

I have Mkhitaryan too in some of my teams. So what? You have to see the whole picture and not only one player: Mkhitaryan was reviewed, but e.g. Alex Teixeira not. IS THIS GOOD? Is this good for the game as a whole? Is this good for the database?

Eric Dier got reviewed, but Cedric not... And so on... This is just ridiculous, it will only create a mess and an imbalance to the DB, having some players get reviewed and some others in the same team/league not.[/quote']

SM is now changing the Bundesliga and the various players who have an excessive number of votes on soccer wiki, example ( Eric Dier - Angelo Henriquez -MKHITARYAN)

Sorry for my english, but I am Italian and I use the translator.

Better than it was' date=' at least some players are getting reviewed as opposed to none[/color']

You miss the point. re read this below

... And by changing to this random system' date=' it takes even more time and effort to do the reviews! Take yesterday as an example: They reviewed only 2 German teams (Augsburg and Furth), but they also reviewed 41 single players from all over the world! Which means that instead of searching for the statistics of only one league and review the teams of that one league, they had to search for a different league through the globe each time, to find the statistics for each one random player and review him!

And when they move on to review the whole league of that random player in 1, 2, 3 or whatever months time, they will have to search AGAIN the statistics for that player, so they will make the effort TWICE! For example, yesterday Eric Dier got a rise of +5. This means that they had to do a work at his perfomances to find the right rise. If they review Portugal in, say, 1-2 months later (it's possible to do it after the big-5), this means that they will have to do the same work again, search Dier's stats to give him his +1 or +2 more!

Instead, they could just leave him for when the whole league gets reviewed, and do the work for some German player!

Instead of randomly reviewing those 41 players, they could do the same effort and review 2 or 3 more German teams! They would finish Germany much more faster this way and move on![/quote']

... And by changing to this random system' date=' it takes even more time and effort to do the reviews! Take yesterday as an example: They reviewed only 2 German teams (Augsburg and Furth), but they also reviewed 41 single players from all over the world! Which means that instead of searching for the statistics of only one league and review the teams of that one league, they had to search for a different league through the globe each time, to find the statistics for each one random player and review him!

Instead of randomly reviewing those 41 players, they could do the same effort and review 2 or 3 more German teams! They would finish Germany much more faster this way and move on![/quote']

Spot-ON! INNEFICIENT SM, making work for yourselves & slowing reviews even FURTHER :( ... & doing it just to spite trading managers & have an excuse for not doing enough country reviews & just not able to keep up with the summer/ winter schedule you had years back!

4 teams today though...thats pretty good.

the norm in the past was always 3 clubs a day.

6 clubs in 2 days. dont see whats to complain about. a quick count shows 92 players today. now that is ALOT.

lets have a poll. id be interested to see what the ideal amount of reviews would be acceptable on a daily basis....

;2391566']4 teams today though...thats pretty good.

6 clubs in 2 days. dont see whats to complain about. a quick count shows 92 players today. now that is ALOT.

lets have a poll. id be interested to see what the ideal amount of reviews would be acceptable on a daily basis....

You can say this when SM actually do some work, difficult to say this on the days SM do nothing. Let's see how this new system pans out before voting yeah or Ney. We'll see in the full-ness of time. I wouldn't for one vote now when SM are actually doing the Big 5 even tho it's taking too long!

;2391566']4 teams today though...thats pretty good.

If they could keep up the pace of reviewing 3/4 teams a day I would be happy and there would be no need to do all the random risers from other leagues IMO this would keep the database structured.

With regard to the 92 players reviewed today it is actually more .based on a squad size of 30 for each of the four teams( I haven't checked this ) that makes 120 .now some of those players remained unchanged but because their team have been reviewed you know that they have been reviewed and deemed not worthy of a rise/drop. With the scattergun random risers you don't know where you stand.

As an example I had Bernd Nehrig in one of my teams and was expecting +1/2 which didn't happen but at least I know where I stand his team have been reviewed and he didn't get a rise

You can say this when SM actually do some work' date=' difficult to say this on the days SM do nothing. Let's see how this new system pans out before voting yeah or Ney. We'll see in the full-ness of time. I wouldn't for one vote now when SM are actually doing the Big 5 even tho it's taking too long![/quote']

yeah but your quick to agree with the negative comments but look at the facts, yes only 2 bundesliga clubs yesterday were reviewed but 87 players were reviewed, which again is substantial.

plus players who have changed clubs doesnt show up on the players changes screen ie MILIK who is now under Leverkusen, Claudio BIELER who is now under Sporting KC, so there are additional edits we dont see, (i count 50 on soccerwiki for today)

its is taking time dont forget as SM/SW have altered the positions so every single player needs to be rechecked for postions and also on soccerwiki they are compiling players full names (ie Nélson De Jesús Silva > Nelson DIDA) height, weight, preferred foot so this takes time also.................. but the up side is once they are in place, it wont need doing again so next time around the review will be much much faster!

its all a matter of time, it is like turning a ship, slow and steady and it will end up going the right way.

With regard to the 92 players reviewed today it is actually more .based on a squad size of 30 for each of the four teams( I haven't checked this ) that makes 120 .now some of those players remained unchanged but because their team have been reviewed you know that they have been reviewed and deemed not worthy of a rise/drop. With the scattergun random risers you don't know where you stand...........

As an example I had Bernd Nehrig in one of my teams and was expecting +1/2 which didn't happen but at least I know where I stand his team have been reviewed and he didn't get a rise

exactly. we only see the reviewed players, the ones that dont change still have to be checked! and as i mentioned above, positions still may have to be changed....

its not scattergun random risers, it is becuase people have submitted edits regarding position changes, transfers etc so there is a method there.

as for Nehrig, agreed!...it was poor decision not to even get +1!

;2391699']

its not scattergun random risers' date=' it is becuase people have submitted edits regarding position changes, transfers etc so there is a method there.

as for Nehrig, agreed!...it was poor decision not to even get +1![/quote']

There is no pattern or common theme to the edits that those people are sending to SW, therefore the rises being made based solely on them are random. The German risers, for instance, are not random, because they are updating complete teams at once. The rest are, because they are only rising individuals without touching the rest of their team/league, therefore resulting in unbalanced teams.

;2391699']yeah but your quick to agree with the negative comments

ALL I'm saying IS lets not get into polling yet, one half-good day doesn't make up for many days when there is no reviews & YES let's give SM a chance to improve. I'd say we won't have a picture for at least 6months.

We'll have an idea then IF SW/SM are just doing the "Popular players" and totally missing a number of less well known +1 +2 risers.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if there was a thread where a team has been re-rated but a genuine riser has been ignored. On this thread the first post could be edited/ updated to compile "missing players" so SM could visit every month or 2 & then re-rate them? Better than bombarding SM with complaints if SM would play ball (listening to players once a month?) No use putting them on SW because they seem to ignore rating inputs.

There is no pattern or common theme to the edits that those people are sending to SW' date=' therefore the rises being made based solely on them are random.[/quote']
one half-good day doesn't make up for many days when there is no reviews

Agree with above statements.