Sign in to follow this  
M.B.Diouf

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

i successful edited stanciu' date=' and he didn't rose, maybe its just for some people.[/quote']

I did the same with felipe Amorim but I'm not trying to get him a rise or nothing he just had to be updated.

I did the same with felipe Amorim but I'm not trying to get him a rise or nothing he just had to be updated.

i wasn't particular interested if he rose, but just to see what happens. And that somehow confirmed my suspicions, that only rises whom a selection of people submits.

With the changes coming after such a long delay, you have to say SM have been very big hearted with the ratings, just yesterday as an example - Dost to 89, and Ricardo RODRIGUEZ +2 to 87, im quite liking this generosity SM are showing :D

On the point of the risers we had in Turkey, i completely understand why they got an increase, clearly all the player were deserving of their rise, who knows when SM will get time to review the Super Lig, so instead, the ones that stand out the most needing a review, give it to them, but SM wouldn't be SM if they showed consistency, Colak for some reason was left out.

i successful edited stanciu' date=' and he didn't rose, maybe its just for some people.[/quote']

Advise what edit u made & I'll repeat it. See if that helps ??? Also, did it get voted on??

i don't know' date=' but it should've been, it took almost 2 weeks to get approved.[/quote']

OK I understand it's approved and just waiting then, ok nothing I can do. I edited George Thorne yesterday to say he's back at WBA but it only has 2 votes & seemingly I can't do another one until it gets voted on, so wouldn't have been able anyway :)

OK I understand it's approved and just waiting then' date=' ok nothing I can do. I edited George Thorne yesterday to say he's back at WBA but it only has 2 votes & seemingly I can't do another one until it gets voted on, so wouldn't have been able anyway :)[/quote']

I saw that Iancu has a change to be voted on, but i can't find him that voting, i think its probably because of his transfer, lets see if he gets a rating change.

I also made an edit to Sabitzer, change his club to rapid vienna. Let's see how that goes down.

It seems that some players have only their edits added, while some others have a review on their ratings, too. SM being inconsistent once more.

;2391566']4 teams today though...thats pretty good.

Which exactly proves my point!

Do you know why 4 teams were reviewed yesterday, instead of only 2 on Friday? It's because yesterday we had only 5 random players being reviewed, and on Friday we had 41!

If they just stopped this ridiculous random reviewing, they could review 4-5 teams per day, do the reviews systematically and in a schedule and the database would be updated more quickly and more properly!

Which exactly proves my point!

Do you know why 4 teams were reviewed yesterday' date=' instead of only 2 on Friday? It's because yesterday we had only 5 random players being reviewed, and on Friday we had 41!

If they just stopped this ridiculous random reviewing, they could review 4-5 teams per day, do the reviews systematically and in a schedule and the database would be updated more quickly and more properly![/quote']

what was your point?

well, you need to inbox every SM player and forumer and ask them politely to not submit any edits on soccerwiki. then the process will be quicker.....

Has anyone thought that SM/SW may be short staffed?

We are in a major recession and all businesses have had to make cut backs. :eek:

Maybe they can't offer the same thoroughness in ratings reviews as they once did, as it's just to much work for too few people.

Moving to SoccerWiki would support that theory as they are actively asking for our help.

Still a rubbish system compared to previously though. :confused:

OK I understand it's approved and just waiting then' date=' ok nothing I can do. I edited George Thorne yesterday to say he's back at WBA but it only has 2 votes & seemingly I can't do another one until it gets voted on, so wouldn't have been able anyway :)[/quote']
I saw that Iancu has a change to be voted on' date=' but i can't find him that voting, i think its probably because of his transfer, lets see if he gets a rating change.

I also made an edit to Sabitzer, change his club to rapid vienna. Let's see how that goes down.[/quote']

saw both of them and gave them the admin thumbs up, so see if SM approves! (Although not 100% confident with Thorne as the Prem is just around the corner so may get done then.)

;2394193']saw both of them and gave them the admin thumbs up' date=' so see if SM approves! (Although not 100% confident with Thorne as the Prem is just around the corner so may get done then.)[/quote']

Thanks for the "Heads Up JMH (No Daggers now I see :) )

Don't mind exactly when G. Thorne will be done, just that he's not forgotten about. I think that's the "acid test" for SW if a lot of players due small rises are missed/ forgotten about, managers like me are going to have lots of players burning larger wage bills for much longer :)

Now that u have given GT the thumbs up, am I able to do another edit yet?

;2394003']what was your point?

That was my point:

... And by changing to this random system' date=' it takes even more time and effort to do the reviews! Take yesterday as an example: They reviewed only 2 German teams (Augsburg and Furth), but they also reviewed 41 single players from all over the world! Which means that instead of searching for the statistics of only one league and review the teams of that one league, they had to search for a different league through the globe each time, to find the statistics for each one random player and review him!

And when they move on to review the whole league of that random player in 1, 2, 3 or whatever months time, they will have to search AGAIN the statistics for that player, so they will make the effort TWICE! For example, yesterday Eric Dier got a rise of +5. This means that they had to do a work at his perfomances to find the right rise. If they review Portugal in, say, 1-2 months later (it's possible to do it after the big-5), this means that they will have to do the same work again, search Dier's stats to give him his +1 or +2 more!

Instead, they could just leave him for when the whole league gets reviewed, and do the work for some German player!

Instead of randomly reviewing those 41 players, they could do the same effort and review 2 or 3 more German teams! They would finish Germany much more faster this way and move on![/quote']

;2394003']well' date=' you need to inbox every SM player and forumer and ask them politely to not submit any edits on soccerwiki. then the process will be quicker.....[/quote']

We are talking about the reviewing of the ratings here, not the edits. The edits could (and should) go on as always. It's the random reviewing of the ratings, without any schedule or order, that affects the whole reviewing system and makes it slow.

;2394003']well' date=' you need to inbox every SM player and forumer and ask them politely to not submit any edits on soccerwiki. then the process will be quicker.....[/quote']

Great idea! :D:p

Yay, Yoshimar Yotun got his third review/amendment in the last two to three months today for Peru's Sporting Cristal.

Time well spent I'm sure you will all agree :rolleyes:

Yay' date=' Yoshimar Yotun got his third review/amendment in the last two to three months today for Peru's Sporting Cristal.

Time well spent I'm sure you will all agree :rolleyes:[/quote']

yeah? id rather he have his correct position? :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the scattered rises to the block rises, in real life everyone doesn't progress or realise potential all at the one time.

And it also stops people from buying loads of risers from one country days/weeks before they all rise, now people will have to buy players not knowing when they will rise or miss out because they were afraid to speculate.

I would also prefer to see a player rise twice in two months rather than one huge rise as players going from ex. 77-85 etc can change the outlook of gameworlds especially customs with ratings caps.

;2394880']yeah? id rather he have his correct position?

I'd rather they didn't waste time reviewing a player 3 times in 3 months when there's other players who haven't been reviewed in more than a year.

I'd rather they reviewed league by league, team by team so that area of the database is up to date and balanced instead of the odd player here and there across half the known world whilst having only enough time left to do the odd team or two.

You've talked about 4 teams being done in a day which you say is good. I disagree If they didn't waste their time looking through various league stats to edit the odd player they would have the time to at least keep up with 6 teams a day, which they did not to long ago.

Lets face it they don't even bother to review every day. The odd few teams a day and random players when averaged against the days they do jack wouldn't amount to much.

You also talk about being reasonable and giving them time. Well how much time is reasonable in your opinion? From my point of view the review system has been a mess for a good couple of years now and shows no sign of improvement, if anything it's still in decline. I'm sure at this point you would point out that SW has recently gone full time in its resources. If they hadn't told us this would we have realised this from what we see day to day in game? No.

They need to start pulling rabbits out the hat and fast.

I actually prefer the scattered rises to the block rises' date=' in real life everyone doesn't progress or realise potential all at the one time.[/quote']

Yes but with a time wasting scatter gun approach it comes at the expense of more players failing to reach their potential in game in a timely manner.

I would also prefer to see a player rise twice in two months rather than one huge rise as players going from ex. 77-85 etc can change the outlook of gameworlds especially customs with ratings caps.

With SM/SW limited resource's would you prefer to see 1 player reviewed 3 times in 3 months or 3 players reviewed once each in the same three months?

And it also stops people from buying loads of risers from one country days/weeks before they all rise' date=' now people will have to buy players not knowing when they will rise or miss out because they were afraid to speculate.[/quote']

You do realise some managers are in charge of teams that can't afford big wage bills? Smaller teams can't always afford to keep players in their squad for, potentially, months whilst waiting for their rise (of course, now that's the only choice). As has been said already, SM seem to dislike managers who play like this. Whether you agree or disagree with that style is a matter of opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with those who do like it.

You do realise some managers are in charge of teams that can't afford big wage bills? Smaller teams can't always afford to keep players in their squad for' date=' potentially, months whilst waiting for their rise (of course, now that's the only choice). As has been said already, SM seem to dislike managers who play like this. Whether you agree or disagree with that style is a matter of opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with those who do like it.[/quote']

The main reason is that its not realistic

With SM/SW limited resource's would you prefer to see 1 player reviewed 3 times in 3 months or 3 players reviewed once each in the same three months?

Is this a hypothetical question or do you know it has to be scenario A or scenario B?

I do not think there will be many players that will have to be reviewed 3 times after SM get to grips with reclassifying players in the new positional changes that they have implemented' date=' initially there will obviously be additional reviews for position changes until players are changed to the new band ex. AM (R,L,C)FWD©. Once these first changes are done there will IMO be a lot less positional changes that will have to happen in future due to the wide band of positions defined, thus freeing up extra time for SM to do ratings changes in a faster more productive way.

I might be wrong but they are my opinions.

[b']EDIT@:[/b]

You do realise some managers are in charge of teams that can't afford big wage bills? Smaller teams can't always afford to keep players in their squad for' date=' potentially, months whilst waiting for their rise (of course, now that's the only choice). As has been said already, SM seem to dislike managers who play like this. Whether you agree or disagree with that style is a matter of opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with those who do like it.[/quote']

Then there managers/clubs are trying to punch above their weight, People ask for more realism on SM and in real life if clubs bought lots of extra players that the club couldn't afford and had wages they could not pay then they will face sanctions to curb their spending and clear their wage bill.

I am one of these managers with a small club and I prefer a bit of structure and restraint on the wage bill to keep it more real, not really into the buy a huge batch of risers and change the club overnight into a team that is well above what its stature should be, build a club up yes but surely it has to be a gradual build not an overnight sensation?

The main reason is that its not realistic

oh, thats not realistic, but a club like Benfica or even Man United having all the players like messi, ronaldo, xavi, iniesta, fabregas, ibrahimovic, ramos, pique, puyol, benzema, thiago silva, ribery, and i could go on, with wages surpassing 2M and even taking on profit. thats really realistic... And now that they can payoff if they become concerned its a really realistic game indeed.