Sign in to follow this  
M.B.Diouf

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

oh' date=' thats not realistic, but a club like Benfica or even Man United having all the players like messi, ronaldo, xavi, iniesta, fabregas, ibrahimovic, ramos, pique, puyol, benzema, thiago silva, ribery, and i could go on, with wages surpassing 2M and even taking on profit. thats really realistic... And now that they can payoff if they become concerned its a really realistic game indeed.[/quote']

A bit random but still is realistic actually, but having over 120 players in a squad is just stupidly unrealistic

:eek:

A bit random but still is realistic actually' date=' but having over 120 players in a squad is just stupidly unrealistic

:eek:[/color']

ahaha, its realistic?? benfica has almost 80 players, between first team and loaned players in real life, then you point gives me reason.

if a manager can have all the best players in the world, and i am talkin about 22 players rated 92 to 99, plus all the really good youngsters between 87 and 90, why can't i have 120 players in my team? Its only a bit farfetched from reality.

Today a player from Newell's Old Boy named Santiago Vergini rose for me, i did not even knew i had him in my team. This is fun. You never now which player is going to rise next.

ahaha' date=' its realistic?? benfica has almost 80 players, between first team and loaned players in real life, then you point gives me reason.

if a manager can have all the best players in the world, and i am talkin about 22 players rated 92 to 99, plus all the really good youngsters between 87 and 90, why can't i have 120 players in my team? Its only a bit farfetched from reality.[/quote']

None are realistic mate, wow do you think it is financially realistic to have 120+ players?

and secondly Benfica doesnt have 80 players, they have two teams now and a youth team

Today a player from Newell's Old Boy named Santiago Vergini rose for me' date=' i did not even knew i had him in my team. This is fun. You never now which player is going to rise next.[/quote']

I know right

:P This is how it should be, so much better.

Had Centurion, Cancelo, Bruma and Gomes rise today :P

I get the feeling' date=' from what you've posted, you're only being so positive about it because you're benefiting, rather than being objective. I apologise if I've read wronly, it's just the impression I've got.[/quote']

Yeah mate, when something good happens to a person unpredictibly, he feel a lot more delighted than if he knew it was going to happen.:)

None are realistic mate' date=' wow do you think it is financially realistic to have 120+ players?

and secondly Benfica doesnt have 80 players, they have two teams now and a youth team[/color']

no, i said that they have almost 80, and they do, Vieira confirmed that in an interview a couple months back, and the B team, its all players from benfica, they are loaned like the others around the world are loaned from benfica.

All the young players i have its like B teams, and young teams, that doesn't exist in SM but exists in reality.

I didn't said its financially realistic to have 120+ players, but in a world that all every single best player in the world can be in one team, i can have 120 players, they are mostly youngsters anyway so, its like B team and youth academy.

Then there managers/clubs are trying to punch above their weight' date=' People ask for more realism on SM and in real life if clubs bought lots of extra players that the club couldn't afford and had wages they could not pay then they will face sanctions to curb their spending and clear their wage bill.

I am one of these managers with a small club and I prefer a bit of structure and restraint on the wage bill to keep it more real, not really into the buy a huge batch of risers and change the club overnight into a team that is well above what its stature should be, build a club up yes but surely it has to be a gradual build not an overnight sensation?[/quote']

Can you clarify what restrictions you put on yourself, please?

no' date=' i said that they have almost 80, and they do, Vieira confirmed that in an interview a couple months back, and the B team, its all players from benfica, they are loaned like the others around the world are loaned from benfica.

All the young players i have its like B teams, and young teams, that doesn't exist in SM but exists in reality.

I didn't said its financially realistic to have 120+ players, but in a world that all every single best player in the world can be in one team, i can have 120 players, they are mostly youngsters anyway so, its like B team and youth academy.[/quote']

Not really, as you are pay all their wages. And players like Ricardo Rodriguez and Varane (young players) wages are 25k + which is the same as first team players in real life

Not really' date=' as you are pay all their wages. And players like Ricardo Rodriguez and Varane (young players) wages are 25k + which is the same as first team players in real life[/color']

Yes it is, because most of them are loaned, to managed and unmanaged teams,

and i win money from SMFA CC, and Cups and Shield Tournaments and Selling risers that gives me resources to have 120+ players.

And i dont have 120+ players because i want them all, no, 22 first quad, and some youngsters would be enough, but to have money to buy 89 or 90 players i must be a trade manager, because if i didn't do this, i wouldn't be able to afford any of them, and only the big teams with all their unlimited resources could grab all the players they want.

And you defended that fact that all those high profile players could be all in one team in real life, and they can't.

So spend time on this rather than have the core of the game upto date?

Your defence of SM and SW astounds me. You remind me of a beaten wife that still loves her husband and will defend him to the max. Is this because your a MOD on here and an Admin on SW?? Don't want to ruffle the old mans feathers?

Their is you and about 2 other people that are happy with the present situation on SM' date=' everyone else as many many complaints (mainly due to a proper system for reviews in place).... this should be a good indicator all is not well in SM world.

Try taking off your bum-licking glasses for a second and see what other people are saying rather than coming out with statements like "and your point is".[/quote']

nothing wrong in putting the other side of the arguement as a reply to posts, especially some which are not quite accurate.

you also have no idea how many like the new system, you can easily argue that there are only a dozen against it because that is how many on here have complained, compared to however many play the game, it could be 0.2% that dislike it.

some people dont like change, some dont like the fact you cant be sure of being spoonfed risers, some dont like the fact that it makes the game harder, some dont like the fact that you might now have to rely on tactical knowledge to succeed & some dont like the fact that they now might have to do a bit of research work themselves in order to succeed in a competitive set up.

none of those are reasons for this new system not being an improvement to the game, it just depends on how SM handle it over the next couple of months, time will tell but at least it has the potential to be an improvement.

Today a player from Newell's Old Boy named Santiago Vergini rose for me' date=' i did not even knew i had him in my team. This is fun. You never now which player is going to rise next.[/quote']

it's fun if u already bought the player but if not than it's a road down madness happened to me after that Peruzzi rise last month.:mad:

Is this a hypothetical question or do you know it has to be scenario A or scenario B?

Its not hypothetical. They had x amount of minutes that they devoted to 3 reviews of one player which could have been used to do 3 reviews of 3 separate players. So again which is it you prefer?

Then there managers/clubs are trying to punch above their weight' date=' People ask for more realism on SM and in real life if clubs bought lots of extra players that the club couldn't afford and had wages they could not pay then they will face sanctions to curb their spending and clear their wage bill.

I am one of these managers with a small club and I prefer a bit of structure and restraint on the wage bill to keep it more real, not really into the buy a huge batch of risers and change the club overnight into a team that is well above what its stature should be, build a club up yes but surely it has to be a gradual build not an overnight sensation?[/quote']

Clubs don't re-size on this game proportionately to the success or failure you bring so buying cheap selling high is the only way for a small club to ever compete against the likes of Barcelona on this game. If ground size went up proportionately to reflect success this wouldn't be such a problem.

It's people who take up these challenges of the smaller teams that help keep GW's higher populated and in turn from dying out. It's all well saying lets make it more realistic but in reality if there's no incentive to taking on a small team people just won't bother. Its a game, a bit of fun, so people won't want to grind it out season after season for 5-10 real life years just to try and compete against the big clubs.

some people dont like change' date=' some dont like the fact you cant be sure of being spoonfed risers, some dont like the fact that it makes the game harder, some dont like the fact that you might now have to rely on tactical knowledge to succeed & some dont like the fact that they now might have to do a bit of research work themselves in order to succeed in a competitive set up.[/quote']

..and some are none of the above.

none of those are reasons for this new system not being an improvement to the game' date=' it just depends on how SM handle it over the next couple of months, time will tell but at least it has the potential to be an improvement.[/quote']

...again this lets give them time mantra. How long has SM been relying on SW now? Yet its always "lets give them a bit longer before making judgement" I'm betting in a couple of months time things will be pretty much the same as they are now yet we will still see people on here banging the drum to "give em more time"

At this moment in time scrapping SW and going back to the old system "has the potential to be an improvement"

Its not hypothetical. They had x amount of minutes that they devoted to 3 reviews of one player which could have been used to do 3 reviews of 3 separate players. So again which is it you prefer?

As previously stated once initial positional changes are made there will be no need in future for extra reviews to adjust positions thus saving time to do more ratings so in the long run it should be beneficial.

If it takes an extra review to make sure a striker plays as a striker in his true position etc I am all for taking it slower to make things right' date=' players will get reviewed as and when, if they are a day or two later than what would have been if they had not made additional review to correctly change player into true position I can live with that.[/b']

If ground size went up proportionately to reflect success this wouldn't be such a problem.

In custom gameworlds you do get stadium increases as you move up divisions to compete with the larger clubs.

It's people who take up these challenges of the smaller teams that help keep GW's higher populated and in turn from dying out. It's all well saying lets make it more realistic but in reality if there's no incentive to taking on a small team people just won't bother. Its a game' date=' a bit of fun, so people won't want to grind it out season after season for 5-10 real life years just to try and compete against the big clubs.[/quote']

SM are already weeding out most of the 'small clubs' in their new EC set ups, you no longer get division 3 ,4 or 5 so in future most of these smaller clubs will only be added in custom set ups in which as stated above stadium increases do happen as the increase is defined by the average gate of the division.

It's all well saying lets make it more realistic but in reality if there's no incentive to taking on a small team people just won't bother. Its a game' date=' a bit of fun, so people won't want to grind it out season after season for 5-10 real life years just to try and compete against the big clubs.[/quote']

Stating 5-10 real life years is stretching it a bit,I don't know where you plucked that random number from?

And I have joined gameworld where the club's squad is valued at less than half a million, some people do like a challenge but that will again be down to personal preference if you are up for a real challenge, to me personally the challenge itself is enough incentive for me to try it.

As previously stated once initial positional changes are made there will be no need in future for extra reviews to adjust positions thus saving time to do more ratings so in the long run it should be beneficial.

If it takes an extra review to make sure a striker plays as a striker in his true position etc I am all for taking it slower to make things right' date=' players will get reviewed as and when, if they are a day or two later than what would have been if they had not made additional review to correctly change player into true position I can live with that.[/b']

Yotun's position was changed then they have changed it again. Positions will keep changing for a lot of players be it through filling in for there team to help with injurys or perhaps a new manager thinking they are more suited to a different role in the side, and will never settle to the point where they have more time. It can't be better that they take the time to change a player say from a LB to a LB/LM instead of rating another player to there correct rating within their team.

The cumulative effect of "a day or two later soon adds up and ends up in the state it is now with players not being reviewed AT ALL for over a year whilst some get preferential treatment in being reviewed several times in a short space of time.

In custom gameworlds you do get stadium increases as you move up divisions to compete with the larger clubs.

SM are already weeding out most of the 'small clubs' in their new EC set ups' date=' you no longer get division 3 ,4 or 5 so in future most of these smaller clubs will only be added in custom set ups in which as stated above stadium increases do happen as the increase is defined by the average gate of the division.[/b']

Its a negilible amout that they increase it and no matter how succesful you are with a small club you can never attain a stadium of say Barcelona's size. Likewise no matter how bad Barcelona do, even if they dropped to the bottom division and lost every game they play this would not be reflected in game with their following or financialy.

Stating 5-10 real life years is stretching it a bit' date='I don't know where you plucked that random number from?

And I have joined gameworld where the club's squad is valued at less than half a million, some people do like a challenge but that will again be down to personal preference if you are up for a real challenge, to me personally the challenge itself is enough incentive for me to try it.[/b']

I plucked a random number that illustrated it wouldn't be an "overnight success"

I like you am up for a challenge like that but if they kill off a fair chance to progress your club then we'd end up playing against the AI teams as people won't stay. Many don't stay for long already so why make things worse?

They might have got rid of div 3,4,5 but most won't even stick with some of the div 1 clubs as their not resourceful/fashionable enough let alone div 2.

Your defence of SM and SW astounds me. You remind me of a beaten wife that still loves her husband and will defend him to the max. Is this because your a MOD on here and an Admin on SW?? Don't want to ruffle the old mans feathers?

Their is you and about 2 other people that are happy with the present situation on SM' date=' everyone else as many many complaints (mainly due to a proper system for reviews in place).... this should be a good indicator all is not well in SM world.

Try taking off your bum-licking glasses for a second and see what other people are saying rather than coming out with statements like "and your point is".[/quote']

OK everyone knows me on this thread & I've been a fierce critic of SM & SW & this scattergun review system, almost as long as this threads been going. BUT can we keep the discussion civil PLEASE. Everyone is entitled to an opinion & SM won't come on here to defend.

I actually think JMH has been both informative & helpful to this thread. We need the other side of the discussion freely expressed so we can counter with better arguments, nuff said.

CHEERS MATE! :)

valuable input here! any more pearls of wisdom?

if there wasnt a discussion/arguement on here, the Devs would probably just close the thread as it would be full of rubbish

so tomorrow we have:

Werder Bremen

Hannover

Hamburg

Stuttgart

may see a change for Mats Sels & Vladimir Rykov, noticed them on the voting...

I tried to edit Casper Sloths position on soccerwiki on the 6th of December and it's still stuck on awaiting decision, since you're an admin on there is there anything you can do?

I tried to edit Casper Sloths position on soccerwiki on the 6th of December and it's still stuck on awaiting decision' date=' since you're an admin on there is there anything you can do?[/quote']

Has it finished voting, I havent seen it?

If it's still voting, advise the page & I'll vote, last time I looked today there were 24 full pages.

I tried to edit Casper Sloths position on soccerwiki on the 6th of December and it's still stuck on awaiting decision' date=' since you're an admin on there is there anything you can do?[/quote']

i cant mate, its in the queue now waiting to be approved...

maybe email them through there contact us section..

i have has some success before when having similiar 'awaiting decision' problems running on for weeks.

some people dont like change' date=' some dont like the fact you cant be sure of being spoonfed risers, some dont like the fact that it makes the game harder, some dont like the fact that you might now have to rely on tactical knowledge to succeed & some dont like the fact that they now might have to do a bit of research work themselves in order to succeed in a competitive set up.

none of those are reasons for this new system not being an improvement to the game, it just depends on how SM handle it over the next couple of months, time will tell but at least it has the potential to be an improvement.[/quote']

...And some people don't like the reviewing system being so slow and inconsistent, some people don't like the fact that SW is operating for a year now and instead of an improvement to the reviews things get worse, some don't like that Soccerwiki has become Cancerwiki for SM, some don't like the fact that many -important- leagues have not been reviewed for ages (even God has forgotten Romania and Japan, also Portugal, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Mexico, Chile, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark etc etc etc! most of them used to have 2 reviews per season, now they don't even have the 1st one up to now!), some don't like the fact that we are in mid-January and they are still struggling to make a very first(!) review of the big-5, which will probably take up to February (!), and this is tragic when compared with the pre-Cancerwiki reality, when they managed to do 3 reviews for the big-5 in the 10/11 season, some don't like the fact that after one year of operating the Cancerwiki they come up and ask for.... "more time" (!), some don't like the mess and imbalance in the database, some don't like the ridiculous excuses and the poor communication/ customer service.........

I wish we see finally some improvement and things get better, i will be the first to congratulate them, because i want to see this game getting better, but after 3,5 years playing it I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, especially the part about the reviews, which i see them going only downhill, especially the last 1,5 year...