Sign in to follow this  
M.B.Diouf

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

we can go over the same points again and again and again but the only thing to do now is to wait...it may take a month, it may take a year.

its is undeniably a positive that any work i or anyone can do on soccerwiki has a consequence in game regarding ratings now, risers or droppers (and dropping players does occur even without a transfer, Milan Baros dropped today)

;2453000']we can go over the same points again and again and again but the only thing to do now is to wait...it may take a month' date=' it may take a year.

its is undeniably a positive that any work i or anyone can do on soccerwiki has a consequence in game regarding ratings now, risers or droppers (and dropping players does occur even without a transfer, Milan Baros dropped today)[/quote']

We could go on forever. Believe me, I am not against you or anyone else making the changes on soccerwiki and appreciate the work you admins do. It is the fact that this is not supported by SM.

Its true, we will have to wait although I hope its not a year! I hope SM have something up their sleeves, but why cant they just tell their customers what they intend?

Like you, I will finish with one final point, I agree Baros did drop, but 27 players went up.

Hi everybody' date='

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric and along with some other people from SM (SM Dev Vicky, SM Dev Richard, SM Dev John & SM Dev Pete) we will be aiming to post more often in the forum and try and strengthen community links where we can. We each have different technical backgrounds so it will likely be different SM Devs posting at different times depending on the nature of the thread.

In the main we can see the community knows a lot of the answers to general questions and some great work in educating each other goes on...we would like this to continue and so we will try and jump in where something specific crops where we feel we can add value to the discussion and of course, to help improve the game and keep the community at the centre of this process.

There's been quite a few posts on this thread around player/league updates and the answer to all this is that SM populates its player data from SoccerWiki and community of users there that keeps it up to date and reviews data as they see fit. SM pulls across this data on a daily basis reflecting [i']all[/i] the changes that the users have been making. I'm sure most of you have seen the SoccerWiki site but for any that hasn't, I would recommend taking a look and maybe get involved with them if you want to @ www.soccerwiki.org

Hope this helps a little.

We can't answer every post - there is a lot more of you than us :) - but we'll definitely be doing our best to engage as much as we can with the community as we move forward.

Regards

Eric

SM

Thought I'd bring this to the front as a partial answer to the last post. Judge it as you will, it was posted on the 12th of the 12th 2012, on this very thread.

Thought I'd bring this to the front as a partial answer to the last post. Judge it as you will' date=' it was posted on the 12th of the 12th 2012, on this very thread.[/quote']

Thanks for the reminder. Although this was indeed a communication, it came after they had started importing from soccerwiki. It also makes no reference to the league reviews they seem to be making as well. As this was the last communication they have made, what did it tell us about the future that we didn't already know? Where is the explanation of the league reviews, the speed of them, will they be for all leagues, will they only include players not done by SW, will there be any more after the big 5 etc..They also are not getting involved with discussions on the forum as this seems to infer they would.

i know i am clutching at straws because it is a now a one team league' date=' but any predictions when Celtic will be done, i have taken over one in a GC and it would be useful to know.[/quote']

you've got to be joking, right? hehe

Scotland was last reviewed before even Russia and Ukraine so I really can't see it getting one anytime soon, mainly because of scotland's spirallingly awful ranking, but partly also because these days things are hardly happening at all fast! Cyprus could even do with a review before Scotland given their much improved ranking, or even Ireland since the Shamrock Rovers' squad is still waiting to be rewarded for being in the group stage of the EL in, erm, 2011.

My prediction is that rangers will be back in the SPL before Scotland gets fully reviewed again. You heard it here first! Don't laugh, i'm being serious!! ;)

Maybe the sweaty socks won't even be in the top 30 nations by the time SM even pass a thought their way. At the moment the review process reminds me of the kid at school that used to nibble round his twix and leave the biscuit. So, maybe half your Celtic team will get done, or maybe none of it, between now and Rangers promoting back. happy? good :P

you've got to be joking' date=' right? hehe

Scotland was last reviewed before even Russia and Ukraine so I really can't see it getting one anytime soon, mainly because of scotland's spirallingly awful ranking, but partly also because these days things are hardly happening at all fast! Cyprus could even do with a review before Scotland given their much improved ranking, or even Ireland since the Shamrock Rovers' squad is still waiting to be rewarded for being in the group stage of the EL in, erm, 2011.

My prediction is that rangers will be back in the SPL before Scotland gets fully reviewed again. You heard it here first! Don't laugh, i'm being serious!! ;)

Maybe the sweaty socks won't even be in the top 30 nations by the time SM even pass a thought their way. At the moment the review process reminds me of the kid at school that used to nibble round his twix and leave the biscuit. So, maybe half your Celtic team will get done, or maybe none of it, between now and Rangers promoting back. happy? good :P[/quote']

He could always use the new system to his advantage. He could get his risers done on SW and hope it is months/years before his droppers are picked up. :P

He could always use the new system to his advantage. He could get his risers done on SW and hope it is months/years before his droppers are picked up. :P

Thats what I feel the new system gets used for. I really can't see most users going on SW to edit for the "good of the game" more rather the good of themselves. It's tool for in game advantage for those that can be bothered.

Thats what I feel the new system gets used for. I really can't see most users going on SW to edit for the "good of the game" more rather the good of themselves. It's tool for in game advantage for those that can be bothered.

Thought it was but I'm not sure it is. Altho I've seen other edits go thru & increase, i've edited into double figures since january & NONE have been re-rated at all yet. And I do mean I've EDITED BUT NO rating increases.

disagree. So players getting there correct ratings is not for the good of the game? What do those managers think that just saw Krasic drop from 90 today? or Bastians & Baros from 88/87 respectively?

A large majority of SM'ers play this trading game so they are collecting up such players they either scout or glean from the forum.

players are who underrated are reviewed and people can selling them off, therefore prehaps reducing the level of 'hogging' if want for a better word, so it can help rejuvenate transfer markets.

it just smacks of jealously for those that havent got all these 'large' risers.

;2455419']disagree. So players getting there correct ratings is not for the good of the game?

Not when its random No. For example' date=' Tsukasa Umesaki got his rise but Nobuhiro Kato didn't:rolleyes: Be consistant and review the whole team not just who's flavour of the day. If I was a fan of that team and came on the game to manage them I would think W T F is this game serious? and leave.

;2455419']What do those managers think that just saw Krasic drop from 90 today? or Bastians & Baros from 88/87 respectively?

As has been pointed out by someone else way more are going up than down. The review system is not in balance.

;2455419']A large majority of SM'ers play this trading game so they are collecting up such players they either scout or glean from the forum.

So stop help feeding them then. Don't moan about it yet participate in those threads and in some cases start your own.

;2455419']players are who underrated are reviewed and people can selling them off' date=' therefore prehaps reducing the level of 'hogging' if want for a better word, so it can help rejuvenate transfer markets. [/quote']

Lol no it wont. If their talents they will keep them and if they were money spinners they will sell them and buy more just as its always been.

;2455419']it just smacks of jealously for those that havent got all these 'large' risers.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better, don't let reality get in the way.

;2455419']disagree. So players getting there correct ratings is not for the good of the game? What do those managers think that just saw Krasic drop from 90 today? or Bastians & Baros from 88/87 respectively?

A large majority of SM'ers play this trading game so they are collecting up such players they either scout or glean from the forum.

players are who underrated are reviewed and people can selling them off' date=' therefore prehaps reducing the level of 'hogging' if want for a better word, so it can help rejuvenate transfer markets.

it just smacks of jealously for those that havent got all these 'large' risers.[/quote']

In my post I was questioning if players were doing it for the good of the game, not whether it benefits the game, clearly they are not. Like others, I don't think it benefits the game if teams are only partially updated.

You mention 3 players who have dropped today. Have a count up of the changes over the last few days, how many have risen that were not done in the league review, how many have dropped? Still think we are getting a balanced database on the new system. Still think it is being used for the good of the game and not to benefit individuals?

I have got most of the risers that have happened recently, I am not posting through jealousy, I am posting because this new system is flawed in so many ways.

Honda and Dzagoev have had recent rises.When its done properly? i have no clue

No, it is not a proper review. Usually it start from bottom of the table and move upward or so I'm being told.

Any idea when Russian league gonna get review?

Imminent. Expect it to be in the same time frame bracket as Netherlands, Portugal and Belgium which I would think should follow England. The order of which they chose to go could make the difference of starting in a week to starting in a month or two though.

Disclaimer: I might be wrong :eek:;):D

You miss my point. I totally agree that players such as these should be up to date for the fans. What I don't agree with is that only certain players from teams getting done. This system means the team as a whole' date=' is out of date longer because random players from other leagues are getting done. How do the fans feel when they see some players up to date and others not. Is it right that Cauna has been raised but Musa and Fernandes haven't, how does a fan feel about that? The vast majority of players don't use SW. Mostly, its not the fans updating the team, but people trying to fast track the risers in their team. My other point was, how long have the fans of the EPL big 5 had to wait for their players to be done? Used to be twice a season and not so long ago we were told it would be 3 times a season. Are the above players more important? No, its because in this system we cant fast track the EPL players. Is that fair on EPL fans?

None of this explains how the database as a whole will be more up to date. Pre 2010 the lower leagues of England, Spain etc used to be updated regularly. I totally accept that the old system was nowhere near perfect, my argument is that it needed restructuring but this system does not improve it, in fact it is worse. I accept the database is growing, but so is membership and revenue, if they cannot update quick enough, SM need more resources. As I have said in previous posts, SW could be a great addition to SM if resourced seperately, and the league reviews were still done at the pace they once were. They used to get a league done in under a week. Thats well over 50 leagues per year!!! That would make a lot of fans happy because their teams are up to date. That would get the database more up to date than it is now and appears ever destined to be.

If the whole of the forum took to SW and bombarded them with thousands of changes from obscure teams, what would happen to league reviews while these were being done? Its taking nearly 4 months to do the big 5 leagues, how long for the next 5 if they had thousands of obscure players to update as well?

Sums it up perfectly. I agree you should be rewarded for effort, but all these rises from Japan/Romania have meant less being done from the EPL, how is that good for the database/fans? I am not an EPL fanboy, its just that until its finished we cant move on. When people started to complain about the new system, they were told it was better, that it made the game harder because you didnt know when risers were to be done, that there was less advantage to scouts as there was no announcements, now you don't have to wait, you can get them done immediately. We are spoiling the game by building it for the minority of SW users.(myself included)

I will try to sum up what I have seen over the last 5 years.

The ratings pre 2010 were not perfect but most leagues were done regularly. It has slowed down since then and since SW, almost stopped. The system wanted changing but the way they have chosen has not improved it but made it worse. [b']They can only do so many players per day[/b], so how does doing random players increase the speed of reviews? How does the forum updating minor leagues improve the database as a whole unless a schedule runs independently from SW at a decent speed. (5 leagues in 4 months is not a decent speed!)

As I said, SW would be great for the game if it was resourced seperately and the review schedule got back to doing leagues in under a week. We would then have the bigger leagues done once/twice a season and the obscure leagues and transfers etc. done by SW.

Everybody would know where they stood, scouts could still steal a march on the rest if there was a regular schedule (and as you say get the benefit from scouting), and the database would be more up to date.

At this pace, at the most they will only complete 15/20 leagues and lots of random players. In 12 months time we will have a very unbalanced database, the majority of which will be vastly out of date. For example, look how far out the big 5 were after nearly 12 months, how long before they get done as a whole again?

Its the fact that we have had SW slowing it down for the last 12 months that the database is more out of date than its ever been. Using the old schedule and even at the old pace, since November, we could have had France, Germany, Spain, Italy and England done, and then for example Holland, Belgium, Russia, Portugal, Brazil, Mexico and Japan up to date easily. And if they had not wasted SM resources and time on setting up and running SW (with little or no ratings done for ages at the time) but concentrated on improving what they had, we would be in an even better place, without all the frustration that's gone with it.

In my post I was questioning if players were doing it for the good of the game' date=' not whether it benefits the game, clearly they are not. Like others, I don't think it benefits the game if teams are only partially updated.

You mention 3 players who have dropped today. Have a count up of the changes over the last few days, how many have risen that were not done in the league review, how many have dropped? Still think we are getting a balanced database on the new system. Still think it is being used for the good of the game and not to benefit individuals?

I have got most of the risers that have happened recently, I am not posting through jealousy, I am posting because this new system is flawed in so many ways.[/quote']

I agree with the points Rilo raises in the above posts, you pretty much describe what is happening now in the DB mate.

I'm not Germlad but I can tell you that QPR were reviewed 2/2 and today is 14/2 so that makes it 13 days.

That's right, 13 calendar days (that is, if they have finished today), including 2 week-ends.

I'm not Germlad but I can tell you that QPR were reviewed 2/2 and today is 14/2 so that makes it 13 days.
That's right' date=' 13 calendar days (that is, if they have finished today), including 2 week-ends.[/quote']

Thanks guys :)

Wow thats just over one and a half teams a day :eek: ...and after the transfer window too!

Glenn Hysen it might be worth recording this on your league review history page in brackets after the league just for future reference? So for example, England Premier League (13)

Thanks guys :)

Wow thats just over one and a half teams a day :eek: ...and after the transfer window too!

Glenn Hysen it might be worth recording this on your league review history page in brackets after the league just for future reference? So for example' date=' England Premier League (13)[/quote']

Could be an idea but I guess I will get lost with that schedule now that the random reviews seems to be the future.

Could be an idea but I guess I will get lost with that schedule now that the random reviews seems to be the future.

Just a thought but ..... an unspoken (secret) League review schedule, alongside a RANDOM (SW) Risers list ????

That way the risers don't wait (hopefully) too long but a secretive but slow schedule continues ???

Just a thought but ..... an unspoken (secret) League review schedule' date=' alongside a RANDOM (SW) Risers list ????

That way the risers don't wait (hopefully) too long but a secretive but slow schedule continues ???[/quote']

The two words that sum the current review system up perfectly are 'secret' and 'hopefully'.