Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........ Rant imminent. Soccerwiki has been a plague on this game. While it's a good standalone idea, it should never have b

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed? Fine A. Buhagiar 2211mins rated 66(Birkirkara).Most likely +8/9 Edmond. Agius 2677 mins rated 68(Valletta) Tarabai rated 75 but should rise +3/4 as he

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed?

My humble suggestion:

The Database is the heart and soul of SM!

In SM there's no training' date=' no staff, no way to improve your players, you can't bring up your own youngsters.

There's no financial part, you can't build your own stadium, build infrastuctures, have sponsors, improve your finance, negotiate ticket prices nor contracts.

Despite all that, SM is one of the top 3 online football manager games and the ONLY reason is the great real life player database. That's why the database should be the most important thing for SM developers: because it is the most important thing for their players/customers.

I think they should produce their best effort in order to keep the database up, everything else (from soccerwiki onwards...) is minor, compared to it.

I totally agree with Riserscout when he says that most of the players would prefer to see Slovenia and Slovakia reviewed than to have a poll about squad size.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing Football Manager 2010 (when I manage a small team, when I am looking for some eastern Europe player, or, simply, when I have Del Piero 90 and Diamanti 87) and I don't think that should happen.

If there are too many countries, maybe it's even time to stop adding players from leagues that SM knows won't ever be reviewed. Just erase countries like Finland, Slovenia and Slovakia, keep 30 other leagues, but keep them up to date. I, as a customer, would appreciate that better.[/quote']

THis is not FM, and never will be, this game is based on real life info and it stays that way. You cannot just remove leagues from SM, its not FM, you dont grow your game-created unexisten players like on FM, people like Hamsik, Modric, Srna, etc all come from those leagues you mentioned, removing those leagues, is like removing th chance of buying asap those players while they are still at their home club. You cant just expect to add the players from the countries you mentioned only when they arrive in a team from the top 5 leagues. That would make the game way less enjoyable and would ruin what so far has made this game probably the best online managerial game. I do agree that some countries should need more attention, but it is also true that you cant just expect SM to review the top leagues every month and all other leagus every 2-3 months, the poeple that review the leagus, would just not have enough data to evaluate an eventual rise or drop. For smaller leagues, with smaller caps, you need more time to see how much the players play in order to give them an accurate rating change, so 6 months to 1 year is adequate for countries liek finland, slovenia poland etc. WHilst the top leagus get reviewed every 3-4 months, which is perfect imo, countries like Brasil, Argentina, Portugal Russia etc. get reviewed every 6 months. The reviewers need stats to work with, if they dont have enough data to make an accurate prediction, everyone on the forums and in general will be complaining and the quaility of the game will drop.

As i said, i do agree that SM doesnt give enough attention to some countries that deserve it. But its also true that so far they have been doing a great work. And i can only thank them because it is thanks to them i can enjoy this wonderful game.

anyway back on topic at the rate the changes are going do we think Serbia and Argentina will get done before the end of august?

They should be, but we can't do anything but... hope! :o

People say that SM plan to review the big 5 leagues after the Euro. This means 5-6 weeks, IF they do it without any breaks. Add the already scheduled Czech, this means 6-7 weeks, again IF there aren't any breaks. So, if this is the case, forget about end of June and July...

In August, we must wait and see if there will be any holidays break and if they plan to review the 4 big leagues' 2nd divisions (England's 2nd division was done earlier in the year). If they choose the 2nd divisions, then i'm afraid that not only Serbia and Argentina, but also many other leagues will have MASSIVE DELAYS... :(

The (slow) way they do the reviews, i'm afraid that in the near future we will see leagues that were reviewed twice per year to reduce to only one review per year (Japan and USA are already the first "victims") and more countries not to be reviewed at all, or reviewed every 2-3 years, instead of every year... :(

SM must really do something about the reviews. The current situation is not good for the game...

They should be' date=' but we can't do anything but... hope! :o

People say that SM plan to review the big 5 leagues after the Euro. This means 5-6 weeks, IF they do it without any breaks. Add the already scheduled Czech, this means 6-7 weeks, again IF there aren't any breaks. So, if this is the case, forget about end of June and July...

In August, we must wait and see if there will be any holidays break and if they plan to review the 4 big leagues' 2nd divisions (England's 2nd division was done earlier in the year). If they choose the 2nd divisions, then i'm afraid that not only Serbia and Argentina, but also many other leagues will have MASSIVE DELAYS... :(

The (slow) way they do the reviews, i'm afraid that in the near future we will see leagues that were reviewed twice per year to reduce to only one review per year (Japan and USA are already the first "victims") and more countries not to be reviewed at all, or reviewed every 2-3 years, instead of every year... :(

SM must really do something about the reviews. The current situation is not good for the game...[/quote']

the euros finish next week? final is on the 1st...

they can hammer through the ratings, a league has been done in 3 days so we may see a 'purple patch' where several leagues are done very quickly...

i do believe their is a glitch at the moment with email notifications and the forum which may have SM putting all their resources into.....

is there any thread for the spannish segunda division? I was going to do some predictions but both soccerway and transfermarkt have made it a lot harder by undating matched played etc for this season, so 0 so I can't see who's been playing minutes easily.

Not sure if I'm being naive here but aren't upcoming leagues meant to be put in the 'Next leagues to be reviewed' box on the player database then get moved up to 'Current leagues being reviewed' so we can at least have a chance to buy them before they rise?

Having that little update of a rating or position change and seeing them still at external is so frustrating. :( It just feels as though it's all being rushed which is even more strange looking at how few changes have happened in recent weeks. :rolleyes:

Yes I realise you can buy them all as soon as you find them but holding onto players from leagues that are around 6 months away significantly reduces any profit to be made through wages.

Not sure if I'm being naive here but aren't upcoming leagues meant to be put in the 'Next leagues to be reviewed' box on the player database then get moved up to 'Current leagues being reviewed' so we can at least have a chance to buy them before they rise?

Yes I agree but SM's sometimes unpredictable approach provokes a little more interest. Predictability can be boring.

Yes I agree but SM's sometimes unpredictable approach provokes a little more interest. Predictability can be boring.

I presumed unpredictability was the fact no-one knew which league was yet to be reviewed (gone are the days of the table with an annual rota of each league in order) but still allow you around a week to get them by putting them on 'Next leagues to be reviewed'.

Personally I'd sacrifice the thrill of guessing what's up next to actually have a chance of buying them!

well, if you thought about it you would have already grabbed the risers from the second divisions in spain, france italy & germany...

seasons have all ended....it was obviously guna happen soon...it is a case of putting a bit of work in yourselves, rather then relying on the handful of hard working scouts all the time...

Stephen Elliott of COVENTRY dropped yesterday morning

Now is that the Championship again again again or League One ?along with the second divisions of the rest of europe?

think it was a one off, no one else dropped or rised at Coventry. He did just sign for them so i guess SM did it as 82 is way to high for League One.

Sorry guys but all those who are saying it's "fun" or "interesting" to get all of these random changes are speaking out of your whatsits....the point of the game is ratings - being able to predict future risers and fallers, timing deals and purchases to fit the changes. And this new randomness goes totally against the grain of that. To be honest it just seems to fit in with SM these days - it all seems a bit rushed and haphazard to me

How long have people been complaining to get these leagues done and now SM start doing them and bang complaints left right and centre, yes they could have gave a little more pre-warning than they did via Twitter/SM but at least they are being done, some people have had chines 'risers' for two years eating up their wage bill.

I say Kudos to SM for getting stuck in to the ratings changes and long may it continue , a dose of another 5 leagues rapid would be fine with me.