Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........ Rant imminent. Soccerwiki has been a plague on this game. While it's a good standalone idea, it should never have b

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed? Fine A. Buhagiar 2211mins rated 66(Birkirkara).Most likely +8/9 Edmond. Agius 2677 mins rated 68(Valletta) Tarabai rated 75 but should rise +3/4 as he

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

As far as I can tell' date=' in the past few days they've changed a few of Galatasaray's players, let's hope it's consistant and continues to the rest of the Turkish league :o[/quote']

We can all live in hope, but deep down i'm not holding my breath.

Sorry for double post, was uploading my sig :D

Fabregas is a 95-rated CF

The game is now offically been broken by SW and all the fanboys

they have now have opened the door for these fanboys to try and implement changes to other players to plug any weak holes in their teams. The game is only going to go down hill from here. With this green light every fanboy is going to try and do the same for other players.

People need to wake up and see what SW is doing to the game

Fabregas is a 95-rated CF

The game is now offically been broken by SW and all the fanboys

they have now have opened the door for these fanboys to try and implement changes to other players to plug any weak holes in their teams. The game is only going to go down hill from here. With this green light every fanboy is going to try and do the same for other players.

People need to wake up and see what SW is doing to the game

Absolutely RIDICOLOUS. I voted no on SW and hoped for the same by the other members but no' date=' once again this situation showed how democracy doesn't work because people are too stupid.

At this point, either SM reviews its game engine by assigning roles like football manager, in which a situation like Fabregas would make him mainly a center mid that performs at 75% of his potential as forward. Otherwise it's really really stupid, there's no way Fabregas is a 95 rated CF, same as Rooney and Van Persie and BETTER than Falcao, Aguero, Suarez, Cavani and so on.

[img']http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif[/img]

Hi guys,

Hope I'm not irritating anyone in regards to Turkish ratings but for the first time in ages I see some consistency, it seems that the past few days the Turkish league has been looked at and ratings adjusted accordingly.

I'm not hinting that we're going back to the good days, as players from other leagues have had rating changes and been added from other leagues however, this is the most consistency I've seen in a while?

Hi guys' date='

Hope I'm not irritating anyone in regards to Turkish ratings but for the first time in ages I see some consistency, it seems that the past few days the Turkish league has been looked at and ratings adjusted accordingly.

I'm not hinting that we're going back to the good days, as players from other leagues have had rating changes and been added from other leagues however, this is the most consistency I've seen in a while?[/quote']

Not irritating anyone, Turkish football is very much on the rise as of late so can only agree with you, it's a move forward regarding clubs being updated. The days have firmly gone I believe where we'll see messages like "Malta or Japan" is next up for review and "buy them 78 rated players before they rise". It's easy to moan, myself and other's only do it for the love of the game. I do know there are a number of people on here trying to bring order out of chaos

To me it seems like the speed of ratings has picked up lately and that's definitely a good thing :D

I just hope they find a way to avoid all these ridiculous position changes back and forward! If that happens it would mean that SW has improved from disaster to acceptable and that it's still hope for this game :)

the position thing will never go away though, players will always be retrained or adapt to new positions based on managers tactical plans, i do agree it has to be consistent though, ie not just one game!

expect to see some changes from Israel, Denmark, Australia in the next week

also alot of SW time is going into sorting out the new clubs that were stuck for ages.

Alot involve clubs that were promoted to top divisions but werent on the DB nor up to date, so need all there players adding/editing...

examples are Union La Calera, Deportivo Quevedo, Ayia Napa, Universidad Católica del Ecuador, FC Aarau, IK Start, Universidad Técnica de Cajamarca, CD Pacifico

also plenty of other sides in the same boat ie Braga B, Adana Demirspor, lots of Argentinian 2nd & 3rd division clubs.... the list goes on!

some great work from 'scouts' all over the world!

To me it seems like the speed of ratings has picked up lately and that's definitely a good thing :D

I just hope they find a way to avoid all these ridiculous position changes back and forward! If that happens it would mean that SW has improved from disaster to acceptable and that it's still hope for this game :)

I think a player's position should be locked for a period of time, say 2 or 3 months, after he's received a position change.

I'm surprised that a few of the Basel players haven't been reviewed in terms of ratings. They look a very decent outfit, but some of their ratings don't reflect that.

When was the Swiss league last reviewed? I mean in its entirety (not a select few players).

;2547960']the position thing will never go away though' date=' players will always be retrained or adapt to new positions based on managers tactical plans, i do agree it has to be consistent though, ie not just one game!

[/quote']

I understand that players sometimes change their role in a team, but they're not doing it as often as they shift their underwear...:P

What I mean is that I want to get rid of the abuse of positions, not the use.

In my opinion, there is an in balance with the rating system which has been highlight more than every over this past year with the rise of the German teams and their performances.

The list below is shows top teams when it comes to pre ordering a team on SM. The numbers next to the clubs indicates the number of players which have an rating of 92 upwards

Barcelona 14

Real Madrid 13

Bayern. M 9

Manchester Utd 8

Manchester City 8

Chelsea 7

Juventus 6

Dortmund 5

PSG 3

As anyone can see if they try and pre order a team from the SM shop the most popular teams are at the top, which would make sense for SM to do that. But hear lies the problem. A team cost's 5000 SM credits, which is a "nice little earner bunsen burner" for SM with people reserving clubs for which only Gold managers to enter, so again that's an extra fee on top of the pre order club charge. Which makes you wonder with this money coming in would SM be willing drop the ratings of Barcelona/Madrid to bring them in line with other clubs. Or would they be more favourable to these clubs ratings wise for as long as possible because of the revenue that they earn from them clubs.

The ratings system need more balancing with teams that are in the top ten, not just in the Premiership but the other top leagues as well. To have teams within the top 5 that have players of 91/92 but outside that players are 88 rated is to much of a gap

If SW wants the game to end up were they have an upto database, shouldn't the ratings be kept upto date as well. The SW system does enable the users to ask SM to review players every 3 months. So it would make sense to have rating for players being reviewed throughout the season, not just twice a year which the old reviewing system did.

If we can have players rising every 3 months, being reviewed on their current performances, then the same in theory should apply to players going down as well. If players aren't performing at the top clubs then why shouldn't they drop.

Now if that was the aim of SW, i'd be overjoyed with it. I know it's still in it's early days and tons of work has still to be done, but having upto date profiles and ratings should be it's aim.

The problem tho is that SM has finally say on any -/+ ratings, which returns me to the nice little earner situation. For it to fully work SM has to change the system of how they score the ratings and correct the imbalance which it has been created, as otherwise the cycle is just going to keep on repeating.

Great stuff Keyser, unfortunately I can't rep you again.

Seeing Real have that number is shocking. I have said it yesterday, they have won 1 league title in the last 5 seasons (including this one) and haven't been to a CL final in 11 seasons (assuming they don't beat Dortmund 4:0 in the second leg).

Bayern has won 2 league titles (which isn't amazing for our standards, Dortmund upstaged us the last 2 seasons and deservedly so) but we have also been in 3 CL finals in 4 seasons (assuming Barca doesn't beat us 5:0 in the second leg).

Now, you might say "But Spain has won the the world cup and 2x Euros." Sure they have and that needs to be considered. However, only 3 of those 13 players are Spanish. And Germany hasn't been exactly the worst team on the planet either recently.

So the gap of 13-9 between the clubs is not fair.

Man City having only 1 less than Bayern is even more shocking. They won their first premiership in 50 years and have absolutely embarrassed themselves 2 years running in the CL. And the difference compared to a team with 3 CL finals in 4 years is one player?

You are probably right in your assumptions Keyser and from a business point of view it makes sense.

Barely anybody knows or plays SM in Germany, much different compared to England and there are also seem to be a fair few Asian/Arab members here, an area in which Real is very popular.

So yes, they'd overrate the popular teams which make them the most money.

Not very fair but understandable. Regrettable though nonetheless.

Completely agree with you. The argument that Spain have won the World cup and the Euro's can't really explain why Real Madrids rating are what they are.

The problem is to rebalance the system which brings teams closer together based on ratings etc. It's would make alot of people on here very unhappy, as it'd mean the star players in their teams being reviewed and maybe dropping in ratings.

So the prospect of seeing their players fall, is madness and i should go and sit in a padded room and hug myself to sleep. But it's about making the game fairer and more accurate, not just for a few teams or managers but forever one.

But in my opinion rebalancing of the bigger teams/leagues needs to be done, as they are clearly to high. We shouldn't have the situation where we teams within the top 5 of the English Premier league that have players of 91/92 but outside that players are 88 rated, that is to much of a gap.

If the likes of Liverpool finish 7th in the Premiership, should they have ratings to reflect that, they wouldn't be in Europe while the likes of Swansea City would be. Even If WBA finish 8th, once place below Liverpool they would only have an average of 88, while Liverpool would be 90.

It seems once a player gets a high rating, people will move heaven and earth to make sure they keep it, being a world class player, shouldn't automatically give you a high rating. Otherwise what's the point of having ratings which can be seen to look that are bias towards big clubs regardless of how bad they do

We had the likes of Thiago Alcantara rise to 90 for keeping the bench warm, would that happen at any other club, i doubt it. Something needs to be done, maybe SW is the answer to it, I don't know. I'd rather have a more fairer accurate player database than something that in the long term will only cause more damage to the game, where it'd create this two tier system when it comes to ratings depending on the clubs players play for

I might be remembering this wrong but I thought pre SW the reviews took into consideration something like the last 2 years of the players achievements??? Do they still???

This is something I have never liked as for example when Dortmund were better than Bayern for a couple of years at least domestically it was never going to be reflected in game ratings wise. I would like to see players current form reflected in game rather than players constrained to former glory's. If Rooney's playing poor drop him to reflect his currant playing standard and if Michu's knocking the goals that should be reflected quickly rather than having to prove it season after season to achieve a 90+ rating. If they then dont keep playing to that new level then they can be amended when reviewed again.

It would make the game much more interesting if the so called best players wernt always rated so high and the lesser players so low. It would create more competative GW's and stimulate transfer markets.

I might be remembering this wrong but I thought pre SW the reviews took into consideration something like the last 2 years of the players achievements??? Do they still???

This is something I have never liked as for example when Dortmund were better than Bayern for a couple of years at least domestically it was never going to be reflected in game ratings wise. I would like to see players current form reflected in game rather than players constrained to former glory's. If Rooney's playing poor drop him to reflect his currant playing standard and if Michu's knocking the goals that should be reflected quickly rather than having to prove it season after season to achieve a 90+ rating. If they then dont keep playing to that new level then they can be amended when reviewed again.

It would make the game much more interesting if the so called best players wernt always rated so high and the lesser players so low. It would create more competative GW's and stimulate transfer markets.

I completely agree something needs to be done but I feel the problem is much more deeper rooted than just reintroducing a rating schedule now. What is needed is a total review of the ratings of the big leagues and replace it with a more balanced one, which is reflected on how the player/team are performing over the course of the season.

We have the situation now where people are creating posts about what the future ratings of Bayern and Dortmund players be if they win the champions league. I accept their players are low and some players should have higher ratings. But why aren't people saying that the likes of Madrid/Barca are to high and their ratings should be lowered?

Is increasing the German teams to a higher rating going to balance the game more or just create more of a gap between the elite teams and everyone else, which is the problem in the first place.

Why aren't we seeing people post about what the newer ratings for Newcastle should be?

If the cap for the championship is 87. Then alot of Newcastle players need to have lower ratings to reflect how they are currently performing league wise. Is it fair for them to have an array of 90 rated players?

But again, you don't see anyone bringing that up. As people love to have players rise but are reluctant to have players go down. SM/SW and people on here are guilty of it sadly, as when it comes to players ratings they only see it through their own tunnelled vision, with how it effects their team.

There is sadly no way on earth people on here would allow the situation to happen where you could see Rooney fall down to 92 if he was playing awful for the first half of next season. But if he scores 10 goals, in the first 8 games of the season, well he needs to rise to 95.

Because of this over time it's created the inbalance within the leagues which we see now. A fairer review system is needed but for it to fully work, it has to be accepted by everyone something i just can't see happening.

Monkeyshuffl: I think I've just nailed another defeat for me on Thursday ;)

I completely agree something needs to be done but I feel the problem is much more deeper rooted than just reintroducing a rating schedule now. What is needed is a total review of the ratings of the big leagues and replace it with a more balanced one' date=' which is reflected on how the player/team are performing over the course of the season.

We have the situation now where people are creating posts about what the future ratings of Bayern and Dortmund players be if they win the champions league. I accept their players are low and some players should have higher ratings. But why aren't people saying that the likes of Madrid/Barca are to high and their ratings should be lowered?

Is increasing the German teams to a higher rating going to balance the game more or just create more of a gap between the elite teams and everyone else, which is the problem in the first place.

Why aren't we seeing people post about what the newer ratings for Newcastle should be?

If the cap for the championship is 87. Then alot of Newcastle players need to have lower ratings to reflect how they are currently performing league wise. Is it fair for them to have an array of 90 rated players?

But again, you don't see anyone bringing that up. As people love to have players rise but are reluctant to have players go down. SM/SW and people on here are guilty of it sadly, as when it comes to players ratings they only see it through their own tunnelled vision, with how it effects their team.

There is sadly no way on earth people on here would allow the situation to happen where you could see Rooney fall down to 92 if he was playing awful for the first half of next season. But if he scores 10 goals, in the first 8 games of the season, well he needs to rise to 95.

Because of this over time it's created the inbalance within the leagues which we see now. A fairer review system is needed but for it to fully work, it has to be accepted by everyone something i just can't see happening.

[/quote']

Agree with all and good use of Newcastle as an example. :)

It also comes back to the point of you can't just have players rising all the time like the amount of 90+ rated players there are now compared to a few years ago. Some might argue the ability in world football is better than it was a few years ago so is fair to be reflected in ratings in game but on that logic its likely to be better in the next few years too with further investment and scientific advancements in training and nutrition - do wo we then keep rising them higher and higher? IMO no - it should be all relative to the best players in the world and their ratings so as to maintain a balance that fluctuates only slightly higher or lower than the normal levels at any given time.

Monkeyshuffl: I think I've just nailed another defeat for me on Thursday ;)

Lol - I don't think SM need to sabotage mine as I'm doing a good enough job of that by myself :o

I dont have a problem with the rating system, I wouldnt like it to be done purely on form. The current system rates a player on their class rather than just their form. I wouldnt want to see Benteke rated higher than Rooney just because he's in better form. The ratings would have to be done more frequently to keep up with it which wouldnt happen so the player ratings would be in an even worse state when players form starts to fluctuate.

I dont have a problem with the rating system' date=' I wouldnt like it to be done purely on form. The current system rates a player on their class rather than just their form. I wouldnt want to see Benteke rated higher than Rooney just because he's in better form. The ratings would have to be done more frequently to keep up with it which wouldnt happen so the player ratings would be in an even worse state when players form starts to fluctuate.[/quote']

Too right, i refrained from posting after reading it for the first time.

Would kill the game completely.

Would only be relevant to the top 10 or so clubs in Europe, as that seems to be what the issue is with several people having BVB lower rated than say Real Madrid..it seems all this sudden Bundesliga craze has gone to peoples heads, with some big jumps for the likes of Gotze and that leads to so many dreadful comparisons ie player X must get this rating as Gotze got to 93 etc etc....Or Gundogan, jumped to 91, so Players XYZ should get this rise & this drop....Gundogan will most likely be a 91 the rest of his SM days IMO, unless he carves a place in the Germany NT lineup.

Gotze is a very very special player, there making comparisons with him and his rating is pointless.

Re Newcastle point, so if they got relegated, the whole squad in your opinion should get a hammering on their ratings, but they have had a dearth of injuries, would it be fair to drop those IE Krul? And what about those joining in Jan? Case being Yanga Mbiwa took 3 seasons or so to hit 90, joins Toon, and needs a -3 after a couple of months? He does need a -1 though, but it shouldnt kick in until the review after the summer one...far to early. Just stressing that players take an age to hit high ratings, but people are quick to knock them down over a bad season or poor run of form.

Ratings should only fluctuate over a long period, ie 12-18 months, at the moment it is spot on, but also i think many are jumping to conclusions..

we are going to have a top 5 review over summer and youll see wholesale changes and alot of these complaints over over inflated players be answered.