Sign in to follow this  
M.B.Diouf

Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

;2599299']oooh.

top leagues has *possibly* started..

(France & Germany relegated clubs under voting)

Nice! Though don't they usually do France then Italy?

Edit: Doesn't look like whole teams. Just a handful here and there. Unless more data shows up with your account.

Hi, sorry if this is "off thread" but I have a CSKA Moscow player (Zoran Tosic) who is 88 rated by Swiki and that appears to be a "cap" at that club, as the only options for him are downward ones! any idea how i get s wiki to review the cap? I ask on this thread as JMH seems to know his stuff about Wiki!

Cheers

the true answer is those 'suggest a rating' adjustments on SW are for show. have no effect what so ever.

they are flawed too, as you have discovered - which shows they arent relevant to the ratings changes that are implemented by SW when they decide to review a player.

Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy......

I'd like to ask something about SW, since i can't find these informations anywhere (a link to somewhere would be enough! :) )

1) who's behind SW? right, you can't say the names of Admins or they would receive tons of request of update here and there, but at least, how many are they? they are 1 for continent, 1 for league, they don't have fixed assignments, what?

If it's a community driven thing, i suppose the community should be aware of that!

2) which is the link between the DB updates and the value updates? Ok, SW users submit the updates of data and vote for them, while the players value are managed by SW. But how these things are linked?

I've the impression that SW doesn't deal with the submissions always in the same way, as far as value revue is concerned : sometimes is contemporary to update approval, sometimes is indepentent of updates, sometimes the value review arrives a month after the update of data... :confused: Maybe because different admins use different systems?

Something on that, on SW, would be fine, since this affects all the game...

I don't know, sometimes SW looks like a kind of...Anonymous thing. :rolleyes:

Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

I'd like to ask something about SW' date=' since i can't find these informations anywhere (a link to somewhere would be enough! :) )

1) who's behind SW? right, you can't say the names of Admins or they would receive tons of request of update here and there, but at least, how many are they? they are 1 for continent, 1 for league, they don't have fixed assignments, what?

If it's a community driven thing, i suppose the community should be aware of that!

2) which is the link between the DB updates and the value updates? Ok, SW users submit the updates of data and vote for them, while the players value are managed by SW. But how these things are linked?

I've the impression that SW doesn't deal with the submissions always in the same way, as far as value revue is concerned : sometimes is contemporary to update approval, sometimes is indepentent of updates, sometimes the value review arrives a month after the update of data... :confused: Maybe because different admins use different systems?

Something on that, on SW, would be fine, since this affects all the game...

I don't know, sometimes SW looks like a kind of...Anonymous thing. :rolleyes:[/quote']

you mean how many SW employees are there? no idea on that.

i think your right, they have a team sorting edits and then another looking at ratings, as you say sometimes they happen with a difference in time between them.

Had a look in SW and have notice that the premiership clubs are still listed as winning the FA Trophy. The same with the Capital One Cup when they should be all listed under the League cup.

With the speed of which my club history updates have been done, usually 24 hours. I would of assumed the same process would be for removing data as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So i won't be making any more club updates till this is sorted. As it's a bit pointless putting the correct information up, if false data isn't being removed. It would just cause more confusion

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's re

;2600384']you mean how many SW employees are there? no idea on that.

i think your right' date=' they have a team sorting edits and then another looking at ratings, as you say sometimes they happen with a difference in time between them.[/quote']

Well, it's not a problem having 2 teams doing 2 different things, the essential thing is that each team uses only one review system for his area of competence and i've got some doubt on that... XD

Now, i did what you suggested (thumb up for MrWiki submissions) and i got to over the 300 rep required (even if i didn't understand exactly how...i don't think i like this system a lot, but it worked) and i proposed a submission for Pejcinovic from Nice (his date of birth and weight are wrong, according to many sites i consulted). It was voted, it ended and the result is..."unknown".

The modification disappeared from his sheet and it can be modified again, as mine was rejected...but it's not approved nor rejected: what do you think it happened? :confused:

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM'

Well' date=' it's not a problem having 2 teams doing 2 different things, the essential thing is that each team uses only one review system for his area of competence and i've got some doubt on that... XD

Now, i did what you suggested (thumb up for MrWiki submissions) and i got to over the 300 rep required (even if i didn't understand exactly how...i don't think i like this system a lot, but it worked) and i proposed a submission for Pejcinovic from Nice (his date of birth and weight are wrong, according to many sites i consulted). It was voted, it ended and the result is..."unknown".

The modification disappeared from his sheet and it can be modified again, as mine was rejected...but it's not approved nor rejected: what do you think it happened? :confused:[/quote']

Unknown usually means it is fine and going through albeit it disappearing isn't good.

But yeah, the status "unknown" in itself isn't bad. After "unknown" comes "approved" mostly but you should be able to see it on your profile

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM'

Unknown usually means it is fine and going through albeit it disappearing isn't good.

But yeah' date=' the status "unknown" in itself isn't bad. After "unknown" comes "approved" mostly but you should be able to see it on your profile[/quote']

I thought if its approved it usually says "awaiting decision" All my 'approved' changes have always said that.

I thought if its approved it usually says "awaiting decision" All my 'approved' changes have always said that.

I don't know.

All I know is that a lot of changes of mine recently went to unknown before being approved.

when will be updated league German' date=' English, French, Italy, Spanish?[/quote']

they have already done all the relegated clubs, so i should imagine very soon.

MLS is being done currently.

Not starting to whine again, but Gergő LOVRENCSICS, who actually should be getting a +2, and he did get a -2 today, just hoping that his is a mistake, and he got a -2 instead of a +2. Anyone knows anything about it?

Still see that none of the false cup data has been removed on Soccerwiki. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester utd and array of other teams are all down as winning the FA trophy. Which Wrexham won this year:rolleyes:

It can't be that hard to check the correct data for what teams have actually won can it?

I'm surprised no one has included the Uefa intertoto cup, yet but i'm sure it's only a matter of time. But at least Newcastle utd would then have something to cheer about as they won it in 2006 ;)

Its kind of annoying that nobody else spoke about Lovrencsics's drop, a player that rose from 60 to 82 in January 19th and since then played 14 (scoring 6 goals and 2 assists) games for Lech Poznan which came in second on Ekstraklasa (EL-Spot) and recently debuted for Hungarian NT in a friendly drop to 80 on June 12.

I think this is a mistake, but because its a low rated non-hyped player people don't even seem to care about that. If it was for example Gotze dropping, there would be riots in here by now.

I can't do anything about this, but i hope someone who can do, verify this information if you please.

Its kind of annoying that nobody else spoke about Lovrencsics's drop' date=' a player that rose from 60 to 82 in January 19th and since then played 14 (scoring 6 goals and 2 assists) games for Lech Poznan which came in second on Ekstraklasa (EL-Spot) and recently debuted for Hungarian NT in a friendly drop to 80 on June 12.

I think this is a mistake, but because its a low rated non-hyped player people don't even seem to care about that. If it was for example Gotze dropping, there would be riots in here by now.

I can't do anything about this, but i hope someone who can do, verify this information if you please.[/quote']

In SM he's been moved to Lombard FC in Hungary (there was a dispute with Lech Poznan not having stumped up the cash to buy him so he was due to return to Lombard if they didn't pay) so my theory is his -2 probably has nothing to do with his Ekstraklasa form or his ability, and everything to do with SM/ SW working towards a ridiculous cap of 80 on the Hungarian league :eek:

They did the same with dropping Tresor Mputu -2 to 81 despite his being consistently touted as one of the best African-based players on the continent :(

Same kind of thing with Christopher Katongo - he moves to China in 2011 so SM drop him -1 to 84.

In 2012 he captains Zambia to winning the Africa Cup of Nations, leading him to win awards such as BBC African Footballer of the Year as recently as November 2012.

Such a win is clearly a case of:

90-95 - A player who has proved his class on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or for a top ranked national team or on the continental stage;

Now I'm not for a second suggesting that the entire Zambian team should be rated 90+, but Katongo, rated only 84 at the time and as captain and one of the best players of the tournament should surely have been worthy of a measly +1 or +2 which I believe he would have got had he been playing in Europe.

But, as he plays in China, he got zilch.

Ironically, the whole community-driven claim is flawed when leagues seem to be having artificial caps placed on them which removes the human input element.

By all means have a higher bar for players playing in smaller leagues, but don't cap the league completely.

its true, it seems some players are being auto manipulated through being transferred to 'lesser leagues'.

However, Daniel Bode rose to 84 and he plays in Hungary.

Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy......

I think they changed something on submissions rules again...since some days the MrWiki ones have disappeared and just few other from users remain...

I guess that they finally noticed it was senseless to put MrWiki's ones together with the others...

But i think also that we are running out of changes to submit, we checked every height, weight, birth date, role, second and third name of the majority of players. At least, the interesting ones.

So, the system is collapsing or what? :confused:

Guys, but how do you make it clear to SMFA that 90% of users play with the champions (90+)? It's correct to update the ratings of minor leagues players, but only AFTER the revision of the big tournaments.

See Confederations Cup. How is it possible to continue with Kaka 92 (back in the club and out of time by the Selecao) and Neymar 91? Or Robinho 91 and 90 Oscar? 91 Cassano and Balotelli 90? And what about Arbeloa only 91? And much more ...

Anyone have any idea on when it will return to reality or we'll have the +2 or +3 for Thai and Indonesian players? :rolleyes:

Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy..

Guys' date=' but how do you make it clear to SMFA that 90% of users play with the champions (90+)? It's correct to update the ratings of minor leagues players, but only AFTER the revision of the big tournaments.

See Confederations Cup. How is it possible to continue with Kaka 92 (back in the club and out of time by the Selecao) and Neymar 91? Or Robinho 91 and 90 Oscar? 91 Cassano and Balotelli 90? And what about Arbeloa only 91? And much more ...

Anyone have any idea on when it will return to reality or we'll have the +2 or +3 for Thai and Indonesian players? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Think this thread makes it clear that most of the forumers are wanting the bigger leagues done more often, but seen no response.

Seems the Game Worlds I am playing in (both GC and custom) are stagnating, as you say the vast majority of managers play with higher rated players, am seeing long term managers leave and very little transfer activity.

Also the forum has died down because of the lack of discussion about ratings. Its fine having lots more low rated teams and players , but how does this improve the game for the vast majority of players if these players are only managed by a tiny amount of managers?

Guys' date=' but how do you make it clear to SMFA that 90% of users play with the champions (90+)? It's correct to update the ratings of minor leagues players, but only AFTER the revision of the big tournaments.

Anyone have any idea on when it will return to reality or we'll have the +2 or +3 for Thai and Indonesian players? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Think this thread makes it clear that most of the forumers are wanting the bigger leagues done more often' date=' but seen no response.

Seems the Game Worlds I am playing in (both GC and custom) are stagnating, as you say the vast majority of managers play with higher rated players, am seeing long term managers leave and very little transfer activity.

Also the forum has died down because of the lack of discussion about ratings. Its fine having lots more low rated teams and players , but how does this improve the game for the vast majority of players if these players are only managed by a tiny amount of managers?[/quote']

I think that there are very few players rated 90+ who will be more than 1 rating point out of date, and most of those players will have been reviewed or voted on (or whatever it is that happens these days) within the last 6 months whereas in the smaller leagues players can be 5, 6, 7etc rating points out from what they 'should' be and might not have been reviewed for literally years.

These players need to rise so that managers can sell them and make their profit thus raising cash to kick-start stagnating transfer markets.