Guess at next leagues to be reviewed, & discuss SM's review policy........

M.B.Diouf

Re: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed?

well' date=' if you thought about it you would have already grabbed the risers from the second divisions in spain, france italy & germany...

seasons have all ended....it was obviously guna happen soon...it is a case of putting a bit of work in yourselves, rather then relying on the handful of hard working scouts all the time...[/quote']

I can't speak for others but I do 'put the work in myself' many weeks and months before hand and keep them all on the Gold Shortlist ready to buy them, I personally never wait for threads to pop up as I like control over it plus people always miss a few.

On the buying them early you could do that but either way you're waiting a minimum of 10 weeks (20 turns) so if you buy them before they announce the leagues to be done you could end up having them on the books for many weeks longer than needed or even months in some cases and in that scenario you would lose a lot of the value by simply paying wages or maybe even come close to break even if you're competing with other guys to buy them in the first place. For me it's just much more efficient to buy them when they're supposed to announce them and know in 10 weeks you get the max profit.

Also for what it's worth if they're going to do it like this from now on they might as well remove the 'Player Changes' tab as it serves no purpose and instead just show a list of all changes when they're finished.

Oh, and a final point on you saying the seasons ended so you should expect them well that doesn't make much sense as many haven't been done since late 2010/early 2011 therefore you can't really say they were bound to happen, and even if they were you would have thought they could have gave us a week to prepare after such a long break in between.

How long have people been complaining to get these leagues done and now SM start doing them and bang complaints left right and centre' date=' yes they could have gave a little more pre-warning than they did via Twitter/SM but at least they are being done, some people have had chines 'risers' for two years eating up their wage bill.

I say Kudos to SM for getting stuck in to the ratings changes and long may it continue , a dose of another 5 leagues rapid would be fine with me.[/quote']

Sorry but is it not possible for them to get the leagues done AND tell us about it?

You are suggesting that we should be grateful that they've finally done leagues that they should have done ages ago? And that it's our own faults for not being, what, psychic?

Sorry but is it not possible for them to get the leagues done AND tell us about it?

You are suggesting that we should be grateful that they've finally done leagues that they should have done ages ago? And that it's our own faults for not being' date=' what, psychic?[/quote']

You don't have to be psychic to plan a little ahead, end of season usually means that the second divisions are due to be done, seasons finished over a month ago so it isn't exactly rocket science.I agree a little extra warning would be nice but I am glad that I will finally get a few of these risers of the wage bill just in time for their transfer bans to come off.

You don't have to be psychic to plan a little ahead' date=' end of season usually means that the second divisions are due to be done, seasons finished over a month ago so it isn't exactly rocket science.I agree a little extra warning would be nice but I am glad that I will finally get a few of these risers of the wage bill just in time for their transfer bans to come off.[/quote']

As I said in a previous post many haven't been reviewed since late 2010 and certainly not at the end of last season (2011) so how can you say it was due?

Yes it was due if you class almost 2 years since last review as due but why couldn't it have been later in say August/September or even later? No reason why not and therefore you're idea of due is very abstract and basically means anytime in the next 4+ months so like I wrote previously holding on to players that are gradually becoming worthless as money-makers.

As I said in a previous post many haven't been reviewed since late 2010 and certainly not at the end of last season (2011) so how can you say it was due?

Yes it was due if you class almost 2 years since last review as due but why couldn't it have been later in say August/September or even later? No reason why not and therefore you're idea of due is very abstract and basically means anytime in the next 4+ months so like I wrote previously holding on to players that are gradually becoming worthless as money-makers.

The fact that weren't done at end of last season made the chances of them being done at the end of this season all the more likely IMO.Daggers posted in this thread back in November about what the next up coming leagues will be to get reviewed based on the previous years reviews.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1800086&postcount=61

So people knew they were coming, they are a little late by 5 or 6 months.

Well here is a hint -The other second divisions will most likely be done soon.

Re: Riferimento: Guess at next leagues to be reviewed?

The next is China :(

I think it's obvious that the reason they are reviewing China, is to drop Drogba, Anelka, Barrios, Yakubu, Conca etc, players that decided to have a healthy increase in their bank account, instead of playing competitive football. :D But maybe SM are doing this 2 months earlier than they should do: In the meantime, it's possible that more players will be lured by money and continue their... "career" in China, but they will pass this review and retain their ratings... :D

I think it's obvious that the reason they are reviewing China' date=' is to drop Drogba, Anelka, Barrios, Yakubu, Conca etc, players that decided to have a healthy increase in their bank account, instead of playing competitive football. :D But maybe SM are doing this 2 months earlier than they should do: In the meantime, it's possible that more players will be lured by money and continue their... "career" in China, but they will pass this review and retain their ratings... :D[/quote']

Drogba only gota -1 drop so he is still at 92 in China.

You don't have to be psychic to plan a little ahead' date=' end of season usually means that the second divisions are due to be done, seasons finished over a month ago so it isn't exactly rocket science.I agree a little extra warning would be nice but I am glad that I will finally get a few of these risers of the wage bill just in time for their transfer bans to come off.[/quote']

I have, too, already signed the players i wanted from 2nd divisions, but i think this is not the point here and those who complain are right in this case. I think the point is SM's inconsistency: There are times when they announce up to 4 or 5 leagues which are next to be reviewed, and then there are times when they begin to review a league without even announcing it! (like now with the Spanish 2nd division). IMO, since there is a feature in the game called "the next leagues to be reviewed" and there is an active tab for it, then they should use it properly. If they don't want to announce the next leagues then fine, just remove the whole tab, but as long as it's there and they use it, then they should use it in the right way.

Msakni (ex-Tunis' date=' now Lekhwiya) got a +5 today. Qatar or Tunisia being reviewed or another one-off?[/quote']

with his transfer, i guess SM decided to bump his rating so it reflected his abilities to a truer rating, which IMO is a good idea. some folks had bought him when he was linked to PSG so a nice bonus for them..

cant see a tunisia or qatar review happening..

I have' date=' too, already signed the players i wanted from 2nd divisions, but i think this is not the point here and those who complain are right in this case. I think the point is SM's inconsistency: There are times when they announce up to 4 or 5 leagues which are next to be reviewed, and then there are times when they begin to review a league without even announcing it! (like now with the Spanish 2nd division). IMO, since there is a feature in the game called "the next leagues to be reviewed" and there is an active tab for it, then they should use it properly. If they don't want to announce the next leagues then fine, just remove the whole tab, but as long as it's there and they use it, then they should use it in the right way.[/quote']

I did say a little extra warning would have been nice.

I only noticed that Spain 2 was being done a day before it got reviewed because they tweeted it on twitter.I do agree that they should be using the feature 'next leagues to be reviewed' as it would give everyone ample enough time to bag themselves some risers which is one of the fun parts of SM and that is what the feature is supposed to be there for, but there will be a lot of people will have already bagged the risers from there and will be happy they have/are being reviewed so they can cash in.

I am glad that they are getting some divisions done though as the ratings reviews seem to have been at a standstill for a while.

I have' date=' too, already signed the players i wanted from 2nd divisions, but i think this is not the point here and those who complain are right in this case. I think the point is SM's inconsistency: There are times when they announce up to 4 or 5 leagues which are next to be reviewed, and then there are times when they begin to review a league without even announcing it! (like now with the Spanish 2nd division). IMO, since there is a feature in the game called "the next leagues to be reviewed" and there is an active tab for it, then they should use it properly. If they don't want to announce the next leagues then fine, just remove the whole tab, but as long as it's there and they use it, then they should use it in the right way.[/quote']

thats all well though, but then the game becomes far to predictable, and having loads of fore warning about up to 5 leagues just takes the whole scouting side out of SM as all you have to do is sponge off the forum...

id rather SM get leagues up to date, and if they dont annouce all them then fine, we just all have to deal with missing out on a few risers. there are plenty more out there, folks should just not get hung up on missing out on a few...

il give everyone a heads up, all the Second divisions of the top leagues will be done, then possibly..

scotland

romania

serbia

argentina

mexico.....

will norway be getting a review soon' date=' I kinda expected they'd be soon after sweden was done.[/quote']

norway will be a while yet. im expecting it around late august/september.

last time it was just before the climax of the season.

Why Argentina???????? They were reviewed in January...

season ended, but duno why now...

would of though germany/italy/france 2nd divisions....as spain just done...

hopefully the do argentina very quick..

I wouldn't say long overdue... Uruguay were reviewed june 2011 and usually get reviewed once a year.

long overdue was a bit of an exaggeration I admit but when their reviewing Argentina which was done around that time, January and now again without touching uruguay makes it seem more overdue

no risers from the promoted spanish 2nd Division teams yet? And Argentina risers already started. River plate players have risen today. No waiting time from being announced to players rising these days it seems

Argentina was announced yesterday, cant expect SM to announce a league then give everyone a further 24 hours to start putting bids in! the reviews would be an even longer drawn out process!!!

promoted teams will be done with the La Liga review (soon!)