MLS & Japan Rating Changes

M.B.Diouf

Re: MLS & Japan Rating Changes

Finished off the last of the teams' date=' now all that is left to do is sit back and watch most of my predictions to probably be a bit too optomistic :([/quote']

nice work... just a couple of names of MSL you miss, so probably is worthy adding them...

Dallas top-scorer Brek SHEA (21,80) has to be in this list. I think he'll get +3 at least: 82 would be a shame.

Fabian CASTILLO (19,77), as well at Dallas, is really talented guy. He miss two months of MLS as he played U20 world cup. This time IMO he'll get a +3 but he's a good prospect.

Dan KENNEDY (29,77) is the first choice GK at Chivas. Probably +5

I think Gershon KOFFIE (20,77) of Vancouver will reach 80...

Miguel LOPEZ (23,77) Galaxy but loaned from Argentina, 80 as well.

Terry DUNFIELD (29,75) recently moved to Toronto, where he played only 80 mins, but he previously got 900 mins @ Vancouver. +3.

Ty HARDEN (27,75) 1600 mins @ Toronto, should be a sure +5.

At Chicago Fire I'd go for Jalil ANIBABA (22,77). +3 guaranteed

nice work... just a couple of names of MSL you miss' date=' so probably is worthy adding them...

Dallas top-scorer [b']Brek SHEA[/b] (21,80) has to be in this list. I think he'll get +3 at least: 82 would be a shame.

Fabian CASTILLO (19,77), as well at Dallas, is really talented guy. He miss two months of MLS as he played U20 world cup. This time IMO he'll get a +3 but he's a good prospect.

Dan KENNEDY (29,77) is the first choice GK at Chivas. Probably +5

I think Gershon KOFFIE (20,77) of Vancouver will reach 80...

Miguel LOPEZ (23,77) Galaxy but loaned from Argentina, 80 as well.

Terry DUNFIELD (29,75) recently moved to Toronto, where he played only 80 mins, but he previously got 900 mins @ Vancouver. +3.

Ty HARDEN (27,75) 1600 mins @ Toronto, should be a sure +5.

At Chicago Fire I'd go for Jalil ANIBABA (22,77). +3 guaranteed

I will look at their stats on the stats database later, thanks for the imput. I wouldn't be too suprised if a few fell through the net in the Japanese league if you want to double-check :)

off looking at a few of the changes so far, i have actually UNDERpredicted some of them :eek: which is very surprising. I dunno if this is actually the case but i have the feeling that SM sometimes just wait for threads like this and as long as the league hasn't been predicted for a while and the ratings aren'y obviously stupid then they just take the work forumers have done and tweek some of the predictions by 1 or 2. Look how long it takes to do some leagues and how long they have taken on this with a thread, and don't think it is just because it seems to have happened this time ive been thinking it for a while.

off looking at a few of the changes so far' date=' i have actually UNDERpredicted some of them :eek: which is very surprising. I dunno if this is actually the case but i have the feeling that SM sometimes just wait for threads like this and as long as the league hasn't been predicted for a while and the ratings aren'y obviously stupid then they just take the work forumers have done and tweek some of the predictions by 1 or 2. Look how long it takes to do some leagues and how long they have taken on this with a thread, and don't think it is just because it seems to have happened this time ive been thinking it for a while.[/quote']

Haha I think researching a league takes a lot of work. Looking at every single player, not just a quick look at some low rated risers stats. Where is the thread about players that will drop that SM have taken the forumer rating predictions.

Haha I think researching a league takes a lot of work. Looking at every single player' date=' not just a quick look at some low rated risers stats. Where is the thread about players that will drop that SM have taken the forumer rating predictions.[/quote']

good point to be fair but i dont know maybe they just review a league after they already have some of the information of the forums. I know it may be completely coincidental but ive seen it happen several times which is what made me suspicious

Does anyone know why Yudai Tanaka didn't rise? His team Kawasaki Frontale seems to be done couple days ago.

The same problem with Firas Mugrabi from Israel changes. Have you heard something about it?

well tanaka played as mins as he need to be created as a 75 rated, so imho doesn't deserve a raise.. Mugrabi could have a +2, as his club was 6th at the end of the season. you maybe should send a ticket...

I know i somewhat dropped the ball with these predictions but a they are inconsistant in my view (stats-wise anyway)

E.g.

Graham Zusi - Cm/Rm - 1967minutes 5goals - 76-->80

C.J. Sapong - Fwd/Wing - 1922minutes 4goals - 75-->78

They both play for the same team and the difference in stats doesnt seem like there should be a 2 rating gap between them. I would expect them to be the same. There is quite a few more like this but this is just an example.

Another example

All are from columbus crew

Josh Gardner - Lm - 1591mins - 75-->78

Rich Balchan - Def/Dm - 1589mins - 75-->78

Rentaria - Cf - 826mins this season (1683mins in the past 2 seasons but i dont know if it has been so long since the last ratings to include them) - 80-->82

The first two seem to be fair enough to be the same rating but then rentaria doesnt follow the trend. He has scored 11goals in the past 2 seasons but he is a striker unlike the other two so it shouldn't really change the rating that much (if at all)

I know i somewhat dropped the ball with these predictions but a they are inconsistant in my view (stats-wise anyway)

E.g.

Graham Zusi - Cm/Rm - 1967minutes 5goals - 76-->80

C.J. Sapong - Fwd/Wing - 1922minutes 4goals - 75-->78

They both play for the same team and the difference in stats doesnt seem like there should be a 2 rating gap between them. I would expect them to be the same. There is quite a few more like this but this is just an example.

Another example

All are from columbus crew

Josh Gardner - Lm - 1591mins - 75-->78

Rich Balchan - Def/Dm - 1589mins - 75-->78

Rentaria - Cf - 826mins this season (1683mins in the past 2 seasons but i dont know if it has been so long since the last ratings to include them) - 80-->82

The first two seem to be fair enough to be the same rating but then rentaria doesnt follow the trend. He has scored 11goals in the past 2 seasons but he is a striker unlike the other two so it shouldn't really change the rating that much (if at all)

SM considers more than just statistics. ZUSI has been tearing up the league and is being considered for the NT. Sarpong is a rookie and yes he has played alot, he is no way a permanent fixture in the team come next season. New draft, new rosters etc. in my eyes it takes 2 changes in the MLS to see a proper rating for most players as performances vary so much one season to the next. look at Mwanga. was hyped last season, got a good rise but has been mediocre this season.

Gardner has just come from semi pro leagues. Balchan is a rookie again. Renteria i believe is an international...

the league cap is about 82/83, better players hit 84. yes there are some that are higher but watch them come down the longer they stay in the MLS ie Henry, Beckham, Marquez, Angel.

hitting 80 first time round puts them in the upper tier of player, which in most cases, guys like soares, sarpong, balchan, are not that good.

SM considers more than just statistics. ZUSI has been tearing up the league and is being considered for the NT. Sarpong is a rookie and yes he has played alot' date=' he is no way a permanent fixture in the team come next season. New draft, new rosters etc. in my eyes it takes 2 changes in the MLS to see a proper rating for most players as performances vary so much one season to the next. look at Mwanga. was hyped last season, got a good rise but has been mediocre this season.

Gardner has just come from semi pro leagues. Balchan is a rookie again. Renteria i believe is an international...

the league cap is about 82/83, better players hit 84. yes there are some that are higher but watch them come down the longer they stay in the MLS ie Henry, Beckham, Marquez, Angel.

hitting 80 first time round puts them in the upper tier of player, which in most cases, guys like soares, sarpong, balchan, are not that good.[/quote']

I know that is what SM is meant to do but in leagues rated very similar to the MLS it is off stats alone, if you look at the ratings done for the Japanese league done last week then you will see. A lot of players from Japan went straight up to 80's and even if rentaria is an international it is for Venezuala.