Custom Game World: New Advanced Rule

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We have introduced a new Advanced Rule to Custom Game Worlds:

• Can only offer cash to clubs in deals.

If this Advanced Rule is selected it means that the Custom Game World will become a money only Game World and no players will be able to be added to a transfer deal.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Custom Game World: New Advanced Rule

Would I be right in thinking that this rule applies to External Clubs as well?

If this option is selected it will apply to all clubs within the Game World including external clubs.

If this Advanced Rule is selected it means that the Custom Game World will become a money only Game World and no players will be able to be added to a transfer deal.

Love the idea of this rule' date=' I might even purchase myself a cheeky little custom, should be interesting :D

I Shall await this though :

@SoccerManager: We will also be shortly introducing two more Advanced Rules for Custom Game Worlds on #SoccerManager

This is a great addition and it now means I will look to buy my own custom worlds. :D It's nice to see that SM looks at some threads. Hopefully there will be more additions like it to come, like having teams all start with equal amounts of money at the beginning of the season. Anything to make it level from the start, even if there are big differences between the teams themselves.

True....it will also stop people offering their rubbish players....then all there is to put up with is their insulting cash offers. :)

Will help with the ridiculous part exchange offers, which is huge, will be really tough for some managers to just spend cash, it will require more scouting for risers with cash available :D

Good idea..

But does this mean the owner of the game world can set the amount clubs start with?

Only reason I ask is that ive sent you a pm (twice) asking about a possible game world I could create, but altering budgets would be needed.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Good idea..

But does this mean the owner of the game world can set the amount clubs start with?

Only reason I ask is that ive sent you a pm (twice) asking about a possible game world I could create' date=' but altering budgets would be needed.[/quote']

I'm sorry if I haven't responded, but we will shortly be introducing two more features/rules to Custom Game Worlds. One of which will be related to starting balances and the other to a draft system, but do not hold me to this as this could change.

I'm sorry if I haven't responded' date=' but we will shortly be introducing two more features/rules to Custom Game Worlds. [b']One of which will be related to starting balances[/b] and the other to a draft system, but do not hold me to this as this could change.

Sorry but do you know how long this will be??

I'm sorry if I haven't responded' date=' but we will shortly be introducing two more features/rules to Custom Game Worlds. One of which will be related to starting balances and the other to a draft system, but do not hold me to this as this could change.[/quote']

Steve mate, is there any movement on the optional removal of Chairman 'max' bids for custom game worlds? This would certainly ignite some interesting transfers among private custom worlds where potential value really comes into play. Be interested to hear your thoughts bud.

The draft Game World is currently being tested in a Game World called 'World Draft League'.

The feature is likely to be available to everyone by the end of the month.

Any thoughts on the optional removal of chairman max bids mate? as an option for custom worlds. The idea behind it being that experienced managers who have a good idea of player values can make more realistic bids. For example Ashley Young is a great prospect and would be worthy of a very decent bid however the chairman max bid is around 14 mil... I mean couple that with the fact someone like Adam Johnson is 11mil its 100% impossible to even make a worthy bid. Im not suggesting this to roll out over all GW just as an option on custom worlds. CGW run well would massively benefit from this and allow potential to come into play.

hi john..

a recent problem that has always been there since i started creating customs and a major problem that i feel must be addresed is the following..

you need to give the option back to kick people from customs imo and even the added option of possibly reversing deals with clubs as custom creater for set ups with the added edge of challenges etc..

simple option like.. manual custom or automatic.. meaning manual is driven fully by me (challenge style rule based set ups).. automatic is done fully by yourselves (simplistic gameworld creations)..

heres why.. this is a email i have just had to send to your support section which haveing read the automated reply it sounds as though i will be lucky to have it looked at..

Hi there..

My name is Daniel Ratcliffe and i currently have 2 accounts with SM. My second account has the title gameworld on there which i created just under a week ago and is a challenge style custom set up.

My problem is i allowed a manager by the name nicholasbig involved.. he is in one of my other customs so i didnt feel he would be a problem in here.. game name is Nick Big.. 92 rating and managing Torino in the set up.

Having placed a forum post for match result/transfers/discussions etc etc.. having game world messaged.. constantly explained rules.. asked if there were questions etc on forum and even seen a reply from nick explaining the rules after somebody pointed out he was over signing on foreign.. proof below..

nicholasbig96

League One Player

Re: N.O.F.A.. Under 23 Championship!.. ID-67406.. 28 Own Nation + 7 Foreign Cap!..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadiesloveKevinn

Grr everyone loves them Spaniards

Torino are bidding for like 10 foreign players lol,

Not 10, but 7 that is the maximum, because there aren't very good italiand under 23.

ACTUAL FORUM LINK.. http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=1732499#post1732499

He has purposely over signed on the foreign limit i feel after stateing he felt the italien under 23 were poor although he selected that nation to manage in the first place and i am unable to remove him from the gameworld for doing so. His team is now unsortable and out of line completely. I feel unless he is removed he can go on to further disrupt my set up which has taken him less than a week to destroy already.

I have messaged nick asking him to leave the set up which he isnt replying back to me. we thought we would try loan 2 of his lowest foreign players but the chairman wont accept it as that would have brought his team into the 7 limit again. IN all honesty he wouldnt have accept though no doubt.

My purpose of this post is to simply ask if you could remove him from ID-67406 N.O.F.A under 23 championship.. 28 Own Nation + 7 Foreign Cap!.. and reverse the transfers he made with his club Torino. I would be majorly greatful as i have a person inline to get the side back in function if you could assist me in reseting torino and removing this rogue.

At present my gameworld is ruined and needs to now fully change format which i dont want to have to do as the gameworld was created soley for the actual rules/idea in the first place..

please please help me out of this situation.. im foaming over the matter and very dissapointed.

my gameworld is now knackered in under a week and i am relying on you guys to bail me out when in all honesty it would be so much easier if i had selected say the manual option and if i know some 1 is breeching gameworld rules/conditions as i created them i should be in the position 2 sort this and it take me only a matter of minutes as apose to going through the sm procedure which im praying is looked at by yourselves and sorted :) ..

i need the manager kicking from the set up and his club deals reversing.. i feel there should be an option for me to be able to do this myself when creating a custom gameworld..

please take the time to reply and help me if possible.. the gameworld was created for the original idea and format.. i really dont want to change it for the sake of 1 looser and his inability to be able to accept managing not the best of sides..

p.s i feel the idea i bring to the fold again is a very good 1.. as were my match engine replies..

please though john if you dont have the time to reply here can you have somene look at reversing Torino deals and removing Nick Big from my N.O.F.A.. Under 23 Championship!.. ID-67406.. 28 Own Nation + 7 Foreign Cap!.. i would greatly appreaciate it :) ..

hi john..

a recent problem that has always been there since i started creating customs and a major problem that i feel must be addresed is the following..

you need to give the option back to kick people from customs imo and even the added option of possibly reversing deals with clubs as custom creater for set ups with the added edge of challenges etc..

simple option like.. manual custom or automatic.. meaning manual is driven fully by me (challenge style rule based set ups).. automatic is done fully by yourselves (simplistic gameworld creations)..

heres why.. this is a email i have just had to send to your support section which haveing read the automated reply it sounds as though i will be lucky to have it looked at..

my gameworld is now knackered in under a week and i am relying on you guys to bail me out when in all honesty it would be so much easier if i had selected say the manual option and if i know some 1 is breeching gameworld rules/conditions as i created them i should be in the position 2 sort this and it take me only a matter of minutes as apose to going through the sm procedure which im praying is looked at by yourselves and sorted :) ..

i need the manager kicking from the set up and his club deals reversing.. i feel there should be an option for me to be able to do this myself when creating a custom gameworld..

please take the time to reply and help me if possible.. the gameworld was created for the original idea and format.. i really dont want to change it for the sake of 1 looser and his inability to be able to accept managing not the best of sides..

p.s i feel the idea i bring to the fold again is a very good 1.. as were my match engine replies..

please though john if you dont have the time to reply here can you have somene look at reversing Torino deals and removing Nick Big from my N.O.F.A.. Under 23 Championship!.. ID-67406.. 28 Own Nation + 7 Foreign Cap!.. i would greatly appreaciate it :) ..

he has now done the honourable thing and left although it took unsavoury and babyish methods i would rather have not had to lower to..

atleast the side cant be ruined more :) ..

I don't think this rule is in the right direction. :(

What will happen? Firstly, the external clubs will become like the unmanaged ones. No big issue here.

The main problem will occure between the managed clubs. This rule will make the transfer market even less active than it is now, in older setups.

If there was a chance that someone would sell a good player for an exchange deal, now this won't happen.

Let's say someone has Gotze, or Pastore. If he was offered, for example, Neymar, or Hazard, maybe he would accept an offer. But for only money, no way.

Or if someone has Messi, maybe he could sell him for, say, Vidic + Rooney. Cash only, no way! And even if the two managers agree to do this step by step, after the very first transfer the SMFA will interfere and block the other deals!

In GW with this rule, there will be transfer activity for the first 1-2 seasons, and then completely dead market, between the managers!

The main problem with this is that is now available in ALL custom GW! In my opinion, new rules like this one should be added only in new GWs. It's unfair for the old GWs. What if suddenly my GW owner decides to activate this? Should i continue under a rule that i disagree? Or leave my team that i 've building it for 10 seasons?? :(

I don't think this rule is in the right direction. :(

What will happen? Firstly' date=' the external clubs will become like the unmanaged ones. No big issue here.

The main problem will occure between the managed clubs. This rule will make the transfer market even less active than it is now, in older setups.

If there was a chance that someone would sell a good player for an exchange deal, now this won't happen.

Let's say someone has Gotze, or Pastore. If he was offered, for example, Neymar, or Hazard, maybe he would accept an offer. But for only money, no way.

Or if someone has Messi, maybe he could sell him for, say, Vidic + Rooney. Cash only, no way! And even if the two managers agree to do this step by step, after the very first transfer the SMFA will interfere and block the other deals!

In GW with this rule, there will be transfer activity for the first 1-2 seasons, and then completely dead market, between the managers!

[b']The main problem with this is that is now available in ALL custom GW! In my opinion, new rules like this one should be added only in new GWs. It's unfair for the old GWs. What if suddenly my GW owner decides to activate this? Should i continue under a rule that i disagree? Or leave my team that i 've building it for 10 seasons?? :([/b]

I tend to agree.

One thing I think might lend a bit of realism is for chairman AI to get better. Like, for example, they step in and accept outlandish cash bids. Would need to work in conjunction with better financial coding from the devs, though

it sabout time for that to be introduced in gold worlds

I tend to agree.

One thing I think might lend a bit of realism is for chairman AI to get better. Like' date=' for example, they step in and accept outlandish cash bids. Would need to work in conjunction with better financial coding from the devs, though[/quote']

Agreed. I have a team in GC2 with gobs of cash and nowhere to spend it. Issues: (1) too much money in the gameworld, and (2) the amount of cash chairmen are willing to spend on players is unrealistically low. If these could be fixed, a cash-only economy could work.