Sergio Busquets

M.B.Diouf

Re: Sergio Busquets

So you're saying Barca with Heskey playing the Busquets role would have as much success as they do currently. I think that post sums up your knowledge of the game. You are obviously someone who pays all your attention to flair attacking minded players who catch the eye more. You have no appreciation for the defensive and tactical side of the game.

The point is Barca with 10-men would still put up a very good fight for la liga (probs even win it imho) they all do so much running and closing down from every position and do so much defending as a unit that they would still get by defensively without busquets. btw im a centre back myself and hate people who genuinely only concentrate on eccentric attacking play, imo the defence&keeper are the most important positions in any team because if you can keep a clean sheet then you have always got a decent chance of winning. Anyway back to the original point busquets isnt important enough to the team and doesnt play well enough to a 94, i mean how on earth is he the same rating as xabi alonso????

The point is Barca with 10-men would still put up a very good fight for la liga (probs even win it imho) they all do so much running and closing down from every position and do so much defending as a unit that they would still get by defensively without busquets. btw im a centre back myself and hate people who genuinely only concentrate on eccentric attacking play' date=' imo the defence&keeper are the most important positions in any team because if you can keep a clean sheet then you have always got a decent chance of winning. Anyway back to the original point busquets isnt important enough to the team and doesnt play well enough to a 94, i mean how on earth is he the same rating as xabi alonso????[/quote']

i beg to differ on your opinion that a 10 men barca can win the league throughout a whole season.

back to your main topic, why is busquet rated same as alonso? as i stated before, its the way sm rating system work. more successful teams get higher ratings, even if in real life the players dont match up like busquet and alonso.

dont like the system then dont play this game.

i have stated in old posts how this rating system is flawed and annoys me too, but i accept the rules of the sm game and just get on with it, and play to the way sm set the rules, so hence i only try buy players at the biggest clubs in real life as they are the ones who will get the higher ratings. even if in real life they are average players.

the rating system is flawed, so played it to your advantage. that is the answer to why busquet is the same level rating as alonso.

I think it is very difficult for SM to give a rating that is "fair" to everyone.

If we want to compare players from different teams or leagues, there will always be disparity. E.g. Busquets vs Yaya vs Alonso etc.

Besides the players' different abilities, I'm very sure SM consider the teams overall performance to rate their players too. For example, there's a "cap" for players in a certain team based on their team performance. It is also very hard to say that if two players switch teams, who would perform better after the switch.

However, I would like to urge SM not to over-rate the teams that are outperforming at the moment. Some credits could have gone to the tactics and their real life manager.

Busquets is a great player. Ask any top teams and they would like his services (less the oscar acting to me). But if you ask me, I don't think he is the very best out there.

As a defender M.B. Diouf then you will understand what an important role Busquets plays in that Barca team. With him holding in midfield and rarely passing the half way line it gives right back Alves freedom to fly forward and support Messi and co giving an extra option. Alves is also a huge cog in the Barca machine and his forward runs open up space for the other forwards to cause havoc.

Anyway, we could go on and on here. Personally I'd have Alonso ahead of him too but only just. Alonso isn't as good defensively but has a much better passing game.

As a defender M.B. Diouf then you will understand what an important role Busquets plays in that Barca team. With him holding in midfield and rarely passing the half way line it gives right back Alves freedom to fly forward and support Messi and co giving an extra option. Alves is also a huge cog in the Barca machine and his forward runs open up space for the other forwards to cause havoc.

Anyway' date=' we could go on and on here. Personally I'd have Alonso ahead of him too but only just. Alonso isn't as good defensively but has a much better passing game.[/quote']

as a midfielder alonso is ahead only because he is more complete player, defensively and offensively. busquet is probably better defensively but because he has no offence what so ever i put alonso ahead on personal preference.

but the OP didnt understand the (my) answer to his question hence i repeated myself once again. but called me a weirdo instead, very mature. :)

i beg to differ on your opinion that a 10 men barca can win the league throughout a whole season.

back to your main topic' date=' why is busquet rated same as alonso? as i stated before, its the way sm rating system work. more successful teams get higher ratings, even if in real life the players dont match up like busquet and alonso.

dont like the system then dont play this game.

i have stated in old posts how this rating system is flawed and annoys me too, but i accept the rules of the sm game and just get on with it, and play to the way sm set the rules, so hence i only try buy players at the biggest clubs in real life as they are the ones who will get the higher ratings. even if in real life they are average players.

the rating system is flawed, so played it to your advantage. that is the answer to why busquet is the same level rating as alonso.[/quote']

and as i have stated before i realise he is in a outstanding club and national side that are very successful but on individual merit he shouldnt be rated as high as he is we have both already stated these points so dont comment again with the same cause its just gonna go like a round-a-bout

Anyway' date=' we could go on and on here. Personally I'd have Alonso ahead of him too but only just. Alonso isn't as good defensively but has a much better passing game.[/quote']

Thats the importance of any DM my point is busquets is all that good at it (not good enough to be rated 94 anyway imo)

as a midfielder alonso is ahead only because he is more complete player' date=' defensively and offensively. busquet is probably better defensively but because he has no offence what so ever i put alonso ahead on personal preference.

but the OP didnt understand the (my) answer to his question hence i repeated myself once again. but called me a weirdo instead, very mature. :)[/quote']

yeah cause u wer saying we cant change it so stop moaning about it boo hoo sniff sniff etc... and that is being a weirdo, yes everyone knows we cant change it and no one is trying to we were just airing on own personal opinions

and as i have stated before i realise he is in a outstanding club and national side that are very successful but on individual merit he shouldnt be rated as high as he is we have both already stated these points so dont comment again with the same cause its just gonna go like a round-a-bout

we go around and around till you accept thats how the sm rating rules work.

not on individual merits.

hence his rating is on par with alonso.

sighhhhhhhhhh

we go around and around till you accept thats how the sm rating rules work.

not on individual merits.

hence his rating is on par with alonso.

sighhhhhhhhhh

I know team success is taken into account and i am not denying that.

However the ability and performances of the player himself accounts for his rating the most .

Therefore i dont think he should be rated as highly as he is.

Blows raspberryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Busquets' Fifa 12 rating is more realistic - 83. That is the lowest of all the starting 11 and rightly so. He is important to Barcelona but not as much as people make out and his abilities are never really tested because his job is fairly simple. It's because CDM is a very important position that is the only reason he gets regarded so highly but realistically his importance is less than most of the other players on the pitch. I think a fair few players could do a job in the 'Busquets' role at least as adequately. I can't prove that but then nobody can prove Busquets would do anything in a lesser team either so it works both ways.

I don't think Busquets even on SM is 4 better than Lucas Leiva, 3 better than Alex Song and 2 better than De Jong. Those 3 players in my opinion are worth more to their respective teams than Busquets is to Barcelona.

Busquets' Fifa 12 rating is more realistic - 83. That is the lowest of all the starting 11 and rightly so. He is important to Barcelona but not as much as people make out and his abilities are never really tested because his job is fairly simple. It's because CDM is a very important position that is the only reason he gets regarded so highly but realistically his importance is less than most of the other players on the pitch. I think a fair few players could do a job in the 'Busquets' role at least as adequately. I can't prove that but then nobody can prove Busquets would do anything in a lesser team either so it works both ways.

I don't think Busquets even on SM is 4 better than Lucas Leiva' date=' 3 better than Alex Song and 2 better than De Jong. Those 3 players in my opinion are worth more to their respective teams than Busquets is to Barcelona.[/quote']

yeah imo all the three you have mentioned would do the job busquets does and even better if they were put in the barcelona team

as a midfielder alonso is ahead only because he is more complete player' date=' defensively and offensively. busquet is probably better defensively but because he has no offence what so ever i put alonso ahead on personal preference.

but the OP didnt understand the (my) answer to his question hence i repeated myself once again. but called me a weirdo instead, very mature. :)[/quote']

I don't agree. To me, the attacking part of Alonso's game is massively over-rated.

I don't agree. To me' date=' the attacking part of Alonso's game is massively over-rated.[/quote']

the thread is about busquet, so i am comparing alonso's midfield game with busquet. no way will i compare alonso offensive game with the likes of lampard gerrard kaka etc etc...

in context to busquet, alonso is a more complete midfielder is he not? defensively and offensively overall?

He's rose through the Barca ranks quicker than just about anyone including Messi and he's now well involved in the Spanish first team.

You dont get to that kind of status without being a brilliant player. Theres a reason he keeps Masch out the team (who alot of people consider to be the best HOLDING midfielder in the world).

He's one of the most underrated players in the world.

He's rose through the Barca ranks quicker than just about anyone including Messi and he's now well involved in the Spanish first team.

You dont get to that kind of status without being a brilliant player. Theres a reason he keeps Masch out the team (who alot of people consider to be the best HOLDING midfielder in the world).

He's one of the most underrated players in the world.

Busquet is a better passer of the ball than masch, masch is one of the best at breaking down opposition play but he can't set up attacking passes to villa xavi etc etc hence masch IMO is no as effective for barca as busquet

A lot of the Busquets debate comes from the fact that he is quite an unlikeable personality. And a relatively 'boring' player in a team full of skilful world-class superstars.

But he is a phenomenally good boring player. He's the new Claude Makelele; he sits in front of the defence, disrupts the opposition, and just allows Xavi and Iniesta to play. If Xabi Alonso came in and replaced Busquets, he would probably bring something extra, and would rise to 95 quite easily. But Xavi and Iniesta would find their own roles restricted, and would probably be a point or two lower. Busquets 'facilitates' Barcelona, and for that he's well worth a 94 even though he wont score many rockets in his career.

Ultimately it comes down to the value placed on offensive/defensive skills - see the post on a 99-rated CB from today.

A lot of the Busquets debate comes from the fact that he is quite an unlikeable personality. And a relatively 'boring' player in a team full of skilful world-class superstars.

But he is a phenomenally good boring player. He's the new Claude Makelele; he sits in front of the defence' date=' disrupts the opposition, and just allows Xavi and Iniesta to play. If Xabi Alonso came in and replaced Busquets, he would probably bring something extra, and would rise to 95 quite easily. But Xavi and Iniesta would find their own roles restricted, and would probably be a point or two lower. Busquets 'facilitates' Barcelona, and for that he's well worth a 94 even though he wont score many rockets in his career.

Ultimately it comes down to the value placed on offensive/defensive skills - see the post on a 99-rated CB from today.[/quote']

Brilliantly summed up. Couldn't agree more.

But he is a phenomenally good boring player. He's the new Claude Makelele; he sits in front of the defence' date=' disrupts the opposition, and just allows Xavi and Iniesta to play. If Xabi Alonso came in and replaced Busquets, he would probably bring something extra, and would rise to 95 quite easily. But Xavi and Iniesta would find their own roles restricted, and would probably be a point or two lower. Busquets 'facilitates' Barcelona, and for that he's well worth a 94 even though he wont score many rockets in his career.

Ultimately it comes down to the value placed on offensive/defensive skills - see the post on a 99-rated CB from today.[/quote']

If alonso played in the barca team there is no way it would restrict xavi and iniesta if anything it would make them better, alonso can defend just as well as busquets but his vision, passing and technical abilities are so much better.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Blitzkrieg

My 2 very short cents without embarking on yet another defend-Busquets mission...

I don't think Busquets even on SM is 4 better than Lucas Leiva' date=' 3 better than Alex Song and 2 better than De Jong. [b']Those 3 players in my opinion are worth more to their respective teams than Busquets is to Barcelona.[/b]

Ratings are in no way based to the importance a player has for his team in comparison of the importance similar players have for their teams. An easy example: Jelle Vossen practically made Genk champions in Belgium last season. He scored no less than 20 goals and was hands down by far the most important player for his team. He is rated 86.

Now I have a million options to prove my point. Let's take someone from a league most of you know, say Roman Pavlyuchenko. He is not particularly loved by Tottenham fans. He only played a smart role in the 5th placed finish of Tottenham last season. He scored 9 goals and people could easily name 6,7 or 8 players who are more important to Tottenham than he is. He is rated 91.

I know the gulf in quality between Genk and Tottenham is easy to see. I chose this with a reason. The quality between Barca and the rest is also big. We can debate months on the importance of Busquets of Barcelona. Matter of fact is that it doesn't even matter that much. Every stat backs Busquets to be 94 or more. He doesn't have to move to City or Bayern to prove his worth. He is a Barca player, where he is valued super highly as the prime facilitator of the players in front of him. Pep backs him. Del Bosque backs him. Every, and this is really true, every punter with half a brain hials him for the job he does.

His actions might be despicable at times, but as a footballer Busquets merits 94. The only players in his position that come near him are Schweinsteiger and Alonso.

If alonso played in the barca team there is no way it would restrict xavi and iniesta if anything it would make them better' date=' alonso can defend just as well as busquets but his vision, passing and technical abilities are so much better.[/quote']

I realize you are banned and therefore cannot write back, but I'll respond anyways, so others can see. I disagree much, but even if it was true what you said, you contradicted yourself. With his proclaimed surplus of vision and passing, he'd take actions on the pitch that are normally preserved for Xavi and Iniesta in lesser extent. He'd take a long pass (which Barca normally don't play) to one of the forwards instead of giving the ball to Xavi, who roams further up the pitch and combines with Iniesta, Messi and co. Busquets gives Xavi every ability to shine, Alonso (if you believe him to be better or worse thn Busquets) would either way take some light away from Xavi.

• 1 month later...

The rating for him is far too high' date=' I feel that around 89-90 is already very good for him. Van Bommel, Song, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Mascherano to name a few that obviously better than him. Diarra also better than him. Hard to imagine his rating is as same as Essien and better than Alonso.[/quote']

no way, busquets is a good, consistan team player. coaches play him cause they like his work ethic and consistancy. hes not a showy player but he gets the job done. His national team coach played him in the world cup which they won. his barcelona coach plays him consitantly (and they win A LOT) for some reason or another what some dont see the coaches of busquets do. hes a great player...just not flashy like ppl want. he deserves the rating. 94 is good. just my opinion.

no way' date=' busquets is a good, consistan team player. coaches play him cause they like his work ethic and consistancy. hes not a showy player but he gets the job done. His national team coach played him in the world cup which they won. his barcelona coach plays him consitantly (and they win A LOT) for some reason or another what some dont see the coaches of busquets do. hes a great player...just not flashy like ppl want. he deserves the rating. 94 is good. just my opinion.[/quote']

Busquets can only play first team in Barcelona, because he have xavi and iniesta beside him and controlling most of the time, he just do the simplest job when the opponent very luckily struggle through them and already exhausted to overcome Busquets.

Totally disagree with that but I won't offense a die-hard baca friend like you.

Good luck.