SMs league review policy

SMs league review policy  

1. 1.

• Yes, it gives me time to buy risers
    • No, I dont want my bids being accepted
    • Maybe, I don't mind my bids being rejected

I was wondering what other players feedback was on how SM reviews leagues.

ATM its all over the place, sometimes its 1 league with no leagues in the next leagues to be reviewed section then all of a sudden they review 4 leagues at once. But what annoys me is they review the leagues as soon as they announce it so your bids for the best risers are rejected. This is taking the fun and profit out of the game.

What I suggest is: announce 2 leagues and give 3 days before you review it (ideally announce them just before the weekend) and finish them before you bump up the 2 leagues to be reviewed into the review section, then add 2 more leagues next to be reviewed. This way 4 leagues will always be shown.

How do others feel about that? Simples

Re: SMs league review policy

ATM its all over the place' date=' sometimes its 1 league with no leagues in the next leagues to be reviewed section then all of a sudden they review 4 leagues at once. But what annoys me is they review the leagues as soon as they announce it so your bids for the best risers are rejected. This is taking the fun and profit out of the game.

What I suggest is: announce 2 leagues and give 3 days before you review it (ideally announce them just before the weekend) and finish them before you bump up the 2 leagues to be reviewed into the review section, then add 2 more leagues next to be reviewed. This way 4 leagues will always be shown.

How do others feel about that? Simples[/quote']

SM are review Meanies! BUT they are listening to forumers on the SMFA BLOCKING thread. If sufficient people (customers) make their views known MAYBE we might get the same courtesy??? :)

We need something like the above or the trading aspect of the game is much less of a feature.

Exactly, its the fun of the game. Its not too much to ask, just enough time for everybody to get their bids in, also in a competitive game world it would give players a chance to get their man in a multiple bid war. No point in 10 players having a bid war for a riser, then he goes up +7 and all the bids are rejected

ATM its all over the place' date=' sometimes its 1 league with no leagues in the next leagues to be reviewed section then all of a sudden they review 4 leagues at once. But what annoys me is they review the leagues as soon as they announce it so your bids for the best risers are rejected. This is taking the fun and profit out of the game.

How do others feel about that? Simples[/quote']

Rubbish

If you know alot about football you would have the risers a longgggg time before the reviews

This in my opinion is just a way to take the effort of scouting out the game

Voted no - i hadn't noticed SM were now reviewing as soon as announcing which country is being looked at but if that's the case then that is EXCELLENT news.

Anything that reduces the emphasis on quick-fix stock market tactics and rewards patient long-term planning is good in my book as it promotes good management :)

Voted no - i hadn't noticed SM were now reviewing as soon as announcing which country is being looked at but if that's the case then that is EXCELLENT news.

Anything that reduces the emphasis on quick-fix stock market tactics and rewards patient long-term planning is good in my book as it promotes good management :)

Well said that man :)

Rubbish

If you know alot about football you would have the risers a longgggg time before the reviews

This in my opinion is just a way to take the effort of scouting out the game

I disagree, I don't think 3 days warning would take the effort of scouting out of the game. Anyway, I have alot of players a longgggg time and the wages I have paid them will be more than what I would get back when they do eventually rise. Also someone that was playing great when you bought them is now out on loan to a mediocre 2nd tier team for example - how would that promote good management?

they should either just go back to the way it used to be with a scheldule or simply have 2 leagues being reviewed atm and the 2 that will be reviewed after so however long it takes them to complete the changes on the current leagues is how long people have to sort themselves out for the next

I disagree' date=' I don't think 3 days warning would take the effort of scouting out of the game. Anyway, I have alot of players a longgggg time and the wages I have paid them will be more than what I would get back when they do eventually rise. Also someone that was playing great when you bought them is now out on loan to a mediocre 2nd tier team for example - how would that promote good management?[/quote']

Of course it does

If you give a 3 day notice u simply scout players within 3 days and buy any who may rise

Where as now it's about looking ahead, th way it is in real life

Being given a 3 day window takes away from the whole future planning without a doubt

Of course it does

If you give a 3 day notice u simply scout players within 3 days and buy any who may rise

Where as now it's about looking ahead' date=' th way it is in real life

Being given a 3 day window takes away from the whole future planning without a doubt[/quote']

yeah but when they are announced there will be a big rush to buy them so if you plan ages before hand as your saying then u still have the advantage over others. your saying u have to look ahead like in real life but what are people meant to do, watch games from all this lower leagues hoping to find a good player and as has been mentioned if u have them for so long then the profit just gets lower every week u keep hold of them

yeah but when they are announced there will be a big rush to buy them so if you plan ages before hand as your saying then u still have the advantage over others. your saying u have to look ahead like in real life but what are people meant to do' date=' watch games from all this lower leagues hoping to find a good player and as has been mentioned if u have them for so long then the profit just gets lower every week u keep hold of them[/quote']

But to be given a heads up is making the game easier. In that case we could all just wait til these 3 days and have a bidding war

Part of management is to buy prospects from ur own knowledge

You don't need to watch every bit of football that u can. Plenty places online to help u scout players.

Of course it does

Where as now it's about looking ahead' date=' th way it is in real life

Being given a 3 day window takes away from the whole future planning without a doubt[/quote']

I don't see how it would affect future planning, its just 3 days. At the moment it varies from 1 hour to a week. If there was a followed time structure there would be no problem. There are leagues out there that havent been reviewed in over 200 days.

I don't see how it would affect future planning' date=' its just 3 days. At the moment it varies from 1 hour to a week. If there was a followed time structure there would be no problem. There are leagues out there that havent been reviewed in over 200 days.[/quote']

I agree on a structure so every league gets covered yes

But

A heads up that a team is about to be reviewed so everyone just checks the team online and bids for who's played well takes away from the SM experience for me

I personally wouldn't want to even know the structure, each to their own preference though

I just see this is a very helpful aid for some to make ££ without any effort at all

But to be given a heads up is making the game easier. In that case we could all just wait til these 3 days and have a bidding war

Part of management is to buy prospects from ur own knowledge

You don't need to watch every bit of football that u can. Plenty places online to help u scout players.

Ill spend an hour or two looking over the stats for a league that i know is being reviewed soon but im not gonna go through hours of sites and games for a player that may not be reviewed for months after their transfer ban is over and not make as much money, too time consuming with not enough reward. I mean it is only a game.

Ill spend an hour or two looking over the stats for a league that i know is being reviewed soon but im not gonna go through hours of sites and games for a player that may not be reviewed for months after their transfer ban is over and not make as much money' date=' too time consuming with not enough reward. I mean it is only a game.[/quote']

As I said each to their own preference

This for me is just for lazy managers lol

I agree on a structure so every league gets covered yes

But

A heads up that a team is about to be reviewed so everyone just checks the team online and bids for who's played well takes away from the SM experience for me

I personally wouldn't want to even know the structure' date=' each to their own preference though

I just see this is a very helpful aid for some to make ££ without any effort at all[/quote']

It takes alot of effort to scout a league. There are hundreds out there. You have to look at their stats, combine that with how many minutes, how many times they started etc and u do this with every player of every team in the 2 leagues being reviewed so I disagree with you saying it is effortless

It takes alot of effort to scout a league. There are hundreds out there. You have to look at their stats' date=' combine that with how many minutes, how many times they started etc and u do this with every player of every team in the 2 leagues being reviewed so I disagree with you saying it is effortless[/quote']

There's plenty sites out the that tell you all this by one click of the mouse

One that a lot of people and SM use for reviews will give u all this info for each player of one team. You can easily check one league in 10 mins

As I said each to their own preference

This for me is just for lazy managers lol

Not everyone has the luxury of time to be able to spend hours and hours going through the stats of loads of leagues to extract all the data and find the best risers. Some people only have enough time to have a quick look through a league once they see it's being reviewed and pick out the best risers. If you do put that much time into it to get risers weeks or months in advance, you should get an advantage, and you do, as you can buy risers for their CV nice and early rather than getting into a bidding war and paying a lot more for them, eating into your profits. And if there isn't going to be a bidding war because you're not in a competitive game world, there's no point in buying them early as it's just extra wages and increased risk that they might get an injury or fall out of favour and stop getting minutes and get less of a rise. But reviewing gameworlds with no notice gives people who don't have huge amounts of time to commit to the game (quite a lot of people I'd guess) no chance of buying risers at all, which is a huge disadvantage. So basically, giving 2/3 days notice of which leagues will be reviewed still gives people who do deep research into risers an advantage, but doesn't cut people who don't have enough time out of the picture entirely.

Everyone seems to think I'm saying people should spend endless hours on SM scouting players

Not at all

All I'm saying is people who know their football will know who to buy before

Or they will scout at the end of real life seasons and buy then so by the time reviews come they have good risers

As I said you can roughly scout a league in 10-15 mins if you wanted to to get a rough idea on risers

If it takes others endless hours to do this fair enough lol

Just having notice they getting reviewed for me is an aid and takes away from the game...

Everyone seems to think I'm saying people should spend endless hours on SM scouting players

Not at all

Or they will scout at the end of real life seasons and buy then so by the time reviews come they have good risers

As I said you can roughly scout a league in 10-15 mins if you wanted to to get a rough idea on risers

Just having notice they getting reviewed for me is an aid and takes away from the game...

To know your football is imo watching at least a couple of matches a week in a certain league e.g. most people on here including me only really know the premiership and la liga to a lesser extent and not many people can be bothered to watch match after match in the league of the vatican city or whatever (pope topscorer).

Not at all

I know football but I have never seen these japanese or americans that I buy play, I go by current stats....stats that change through circumstances that I know nothing of......loss of form, change in personal life etc. I am not in the stands looking at these players, I know nothing about them. There is no fun in buying a riser and a year later (by the time the league is reviewed) he is in the B team or has gone on loan to a 2nd tier team. I am all for scouting, but current scouting with a little notice. 3 days is all I suggest.

50/50 0n this.

as mentioned i have a large youth team all of long term prospects that im holding on to to monopolize the GW in a few years, but also i am quite proactive on the game but i cant keep in my head or check stats from each and every league. i think a 48hr notice would be okay just so that you could go ahhh **** its THE (for instance) ANNUAL (sad but true) eng div 4 reviews, time to buy THOSE PLAYERS I KNEW ABOUT, but didnt want to lug around for an entire year.

besides, nipping the odd 10k to 500k riser here and there is fun, and also in a competitive GW those are the only way to move up on a low low team. any self respecting manager(s) would ave already fought over all the real good scouting material already, and if they havent, your GW is so **** you dont need to buy one off cash making risers

50/50 0n this.

as mentioned i have a large youth team all of long term prospects that im holding on to to monopolize the GW in a few years' date=' but also i am quite proactive on the game but i cant keep in my head or check stats from each and every league. i think a 48hr notice would be okay just so that you could go ahhh **** its THE (for instance) ANNUAL (sad but true) eng div 4 reviews, time to buy THOSE PLAYERS I KNEW ABOUT, but didnt want to lug around for an entire year.

besides, nipping the odd 10k to 500k riser here and there is fun, and also in a competitive GW those are the only way to move up on a low low team. any self respecting manager(s) would ave already fought over all the real good scouting material already, and if they havent, your GW is so **** you dont need to buy one off cash making risers[/quote']

Players performances chop and change, what was good last year might not be good this year...the fact that a league might not be reviewed for quite some time. I scout alot but I have 50+ players in my team that I now have to find out how they are doing because they have concerns. This would never have happened if I bought them just before review. Lets face it....it is in noboby's best interest to have these players wasting wages and moaning about lack of game time