SMs league review policy

SMs league review policy  

1. 1.

• Yes, it gives me time to buy risers
    • No, I dont want my bids being accepted
    • Maybe, I don't mind my bids being rejected

Re: SMs league review policy

Your poll is too biased, the answers are all suggestive. If I press no that means that I never buy risers which is incorrect I usually get them as soon as I find them. Maybe could be construed either way which is again incorrect, since I don't think SM should give you any notice. The whole reason they changed the database update system was so that people couldn't wholesale hoover up risers and turn massive profits with little too no risk, the current system means that you have to selectively buy risers in advance and take a risk that they don't develop as you hoped or if you are that small team way down in Div 4 or something and you scout a tonne of wonder-kids and good risers you have the optimum chance of getting the players rather then the big 4-5-6 teams taking them all with little to no scouting work, leaving you with nothing.

I think the only people you'll find whining are the members with big teams since they can no longer just log into the forum and wholesale hoover up risers the week before the changes are due.

don't think its rubbish....yes we do scout' date=' [b']we do have risers that have now got lvl 3 concerns because they have not been reviewed in like over a year[/b], don't see why they cannot give 3 days warning

They've got concerns because they haven't been played...not cause they haven't been reviewed......it seems to me this game has become more about wheeling and dealing and less about playing the game......I thought it was about winning matches, leagues and trophies.....it might as well be renamed Soccer Tycoon

Your poll is too biased' date=' the answers are all suggestive. If I press no that means that I never buy risers which is incorrect I usually get them as soon as I find them. Maybe could be construed either way which is again incorrect, since I don't think SM should give you any notice. The whole reason they changed the database update system was so that people couldn't wholesale hoover up risers and turn massive profits with little too no risk, the current system means that you have to selectively buy risers in advance and take a risk that they don't develop as you hoped or if you are that small team way down in Div 4 or something and you scout a tonne of wonder-kids and good risers you have the optimum chance of getting the players rather then the big 4-5-6 teams taking them all with little to no scouting work, leaving you with nothing.

I think the only people you'll find whining are the members with big teams since they can no longer just log into the forum and wholesale hoover up risers the week before the changes are due.[/quote']

It is biased because this is how clubs generate cash, as I said there is no point wasting wages on players that might never be reviewed. If a new player gets game time at the start of a season and the league is reviewed after the 4th game and he shoots up before anyone gets a chance to bid for him, whats the point in that. Some leagues are done too quickly and others never get reviewed at all. A structure needs to be put in place to give everyone a chance, not just the person that spends hours everyday on SM.

They've got concerns because they haven't been played...not cause they haven't been reviewed......it seems to me this game has become more about wheeling and dealing and less about playing the game......I thought it was about winning matches' date=' leagues and trophies.....it might as well be renamed Soccer Tycoon[/quote']

They have concerns because they havent been played? Of course they havent been played, they are rated 70. They should have been reviewed and sold. Wheeling and dealing is a big part of this game, otherwise you wouldn't be able to buy good players to win matches, leagues and trophies

They have concerns because they havent been played? Of course they havent been played' date=' they are rated 70.[/b']

So are you saying that every riser you buy is rated 70?.......I've won cup rounds using 70 rated players......if they're 70 rated and 21 or under they don't get concerns.....if they're over 21 and rated 70 they're generally not worth buying unless you have a small team (division 4 or like)

They should have been reviewed and sold. Wheeling and dealing is a big part of this game' date=' [b']otherwise you wouldn't be able to buy good players to win matches, leagues and trophies

If that were the only motive for wheeling and dealing it would be fine but in general that isn't the case....I believe most managers just like buying and selling players.....I've had lots of managers come into my game worlds and take on a team with a few hundred million, buy lots of players (usually free agents) then quit.....I know for a fact there's members of this forum who still buy risers when they already have world class teams.....they've accumulated hundreds of millions and there's no one else left that they need......there's lots of members on here that have great teams and can't play for toffee.....having good players doesn't win you the leagues and trophies...being a good strategist does

So are you saying that every riser you buy is rated 70?.......I've won cup rounds using 70 rated players......if they're 70 rated and 21 or under they don't get concerns.....if they're over 21 and rated 70 they're generally not worth buying unless you have a small team (division 4 or like)

If that were the only motive for wheeling and dealing it would be fine but in general that isn't the case....I believe most managers just like buying and selling players.....I've had lots of managers come into my game worlds and take on a team with a few hundred million' date=' buy lots of players (usually free agents) then quit.....I know for a fact there's members of this forum who still buy risers when they already have world class teams.....they've accumulated hundreds of millions and there's no one else left that they need......there's lots of members on here that have great teams and can't play for toffee.....having good players doesn't win you the leagues and trophies...being a good strategist does[/quote']

even the best strategist needs money....if not, why buy at all?

The risers I was referring to are between 70 and 75.

Whether you are Barcelona or Oxford any +5 riser is worth buying

i'm all for a little bit better notice on reviews - not just for the opportunity to buy, but also so i know when to sell players. for example, torres at the moment is bombing, and will probably drop, also Eto is going to drop drastically when there relevant reviews come around - however, if either of them are currently your top striker your loathe to sell them, especially if your coming to the end of a season and are pushing for honor's. if you know thought that Eto is going to be reviewed and you still have 10 games to go, well anyone with any sense would be looking to sell or trade him.

I understand why they removed the advanced notice - but to be honest it hasn't worked - those of us who buy risers have for the most part enough experience of SM to have educated guesses as to which leagues are forthcoming anyway, so the people who suffer most are the newbies, the very people that SM thought they would be helping.....

i'm all for a little bit better notice on reviews - not just for the opportunity to buy' date=' but also so i know when to sell players. for example, torres at the moment is bombing, and will probably drop, also Eto is going to drop drastically when there relevant reviews come around - however, if either of them are currently your top striker your loathe to sell them, especially if your coming to the end of a season and are pushing for honor's. if you know thought that Eto is going to be reviewed and you still have 10 games to go, well anyone with any sense would be looking to sell or trade him.

I understand why they removed the advanced notice - but to be honest it hasn't worked - those of us who buy risers have for the most part enough experience of SM to have educated guesses as to which leagues are forthcoming anyway, so the people who suffer most are the newbies, the very people that SM thought they would be helping.....[/quote']

Fair point, but...how many newbies suffer from experienced managers flogging them players who the experienced manager knows are about to drop because they are told in a review schedule?

If you don't know when Eto's drop is happening it makes it more exciting and gives the manager more of a managerial dilemma - knowing when the drops and rises are coming just makes the whole thing seem much more...mechanical?

And i say that as someone who has Ze Roberto (who could instantly drop from 91 to 88ish) in a few of his teams and as someone who has above average youth squad sizes (and so has experience of the "extra wages" issue).

Seems to me intentionally or not this all makes SM more about going with your gut on a player and promotes buying youth players who you rate as long-term 1st team prospects as opposed to cash cows, which - dare i say it - makes the game more realistic...? :eek:

I think newbies are able to read and just because they are new to the game doesn't mean they know nothing about football.....do u think Messi would drop if he went there for the money?...don't think so. Eto is dropping because he is nearly 31 and he is over rated

Hahahahahahaha... Far from. He's dropping because the Russian league is a big drop down from Serie A and SM aren't going to keep him at a 96. He's still easily one of the best strikers in the world today.

I think newbies are able to read and just because they are new to the game doesn't mean they know nothing about football.....do u think Messi would drop if he went there for the money?...don't think so. Eto is dropping because he is nearly 31 and he is over rated

Messi would drop since he would be playing in a weakened league and he'd drop quite significantly too, age has next to nothing to do with it.

Aitken123 is right you have to play against the best to prove yourself. If Messi was playing in Brazil & being superb he'd only get 90/91 as he wasn't winning C/L against ManU etc. Look at Neymar ... he MAY turn-out to be as good as Messi but he will HAVE TO PROVE IT!

Alternately, if Real Madrid bought Neymar & he outshone Messi in beating Barca all the time, then 99 may well EVENTUALLY arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the real problem here is SM's inconsistency. I mean, it's their feature after all. They have to decide, if they are going to announce the next leagues to be reviewed or not. If they are going to have a schedule, or not. It's really frustrating, sometimes announcing the 3 or 4 next leagues to be reviewed, and sometimes not announcing a league until the review has already started!

I think the real problem here is SM's inconsistency. I mean' date=' it's their feature after all. They have to decide, if they are going to announce the next leagues to be reviewed or not. If they are going to have a schedule, or not. It's really frustrating, sometimes announcing the 3 or 4 next leagues to be reviewed, and sometimes not announcing a league until the review has already started![/quote']

Couldn't agree more. Be consistent.

Personally I'd prefer if they never told us which and when.

but what I would like to see is leagues reviewed (particularly minor ones) more regularly and faster.

Couldn't agree more. Be consistent.

Personally I'd prefer if they never told us which and when.

but what I would like to see is leagues reviewed (particularly minor ones) more regularly and faster.

I'd settle for consistent 5 days a week reviews Tues, Weds, Thurs, Friday & Saturday & SM can have 2 days off :) ..... Oh & a bonus Christmas day Morning .... only!! :(:D