Miguel Angel - Barcelona Talent

14.jpg

Miguel Angel

Club: FC Barcelona

Position: Striker

Nationality: Spanish

SM Rating: Yet to be added

14.jpg

Miguel Angel is the recent player to shine in the Barcelona youth team. Made his first start for their u19 team in the nextgen tournament last night, where he scored both goals in a 2-1 win over Man City.

Reports from the City website don't hide from the fact that he looked a quality player.

He opened the scoring then trumped Harry Bunn's equaliser in emphatic style before going off in the closing minutes to a warm ovation from a crowd who suspected they had seen a star in the making.

Re: Miguel Angel - Barcelona Talent

Yes i was there last night. He looked very good. Calm, relaxed, confident, goals with both feet. Can run at defenders, nice intricate interchanges. He kind of reminded me of a Zidane or Diego Perotti (Sevilla) with his height and the way he moves and plays. Very impressed with him.

But the player I was most impressed with was Alejandro Grimaldo, he was superb, I'd be surprised if he wasn't Barca's first choice LB one day. He looks like he will be a star.

I also liked the look of Sergio Ayala, Ernesto Cornejo and Patricio Gabarron Gil. But I was hoping for more from Sergi Samper and Jean Marie Dongou, but you could see quality traits in them both.

Yes i was there last night. He looked very good. Calm' date=' relaxed, confident, goals with both feet. Can run at defenders, nice intricate interchanges. He kind of reminded me of a Zidane or Diego Perotti (Sevilla) with his height and the way he moves and plays. Very impressed with him.

But the player I was most impressed with was [b']Alejandro Grimaldo,[/b] he was superb, I'd be surprised if he wasn't Barca's first choice LB one day. He looks like he will be a star.

I also liked the look of Sergio Ayala, Ernesto Cornejo and Patricio Gabarron Gil. But I was hoping for more from Sergi Samper and Jean Marie Dongou, but you could see quality traits in them both.

Yes, out of all the stuff I've read, many mentioned his quality on the ball. He also set up Angel's first goal, definitely another with a bright future!

• 2 months later...

Yes i was there last night. He looked very good. Calm' date=' relaxed, confident, goals with both feet. Can run at defenders, nice intricate interchanges. He kind of reminded me of a Zidane or Diego Perotti (Sevilla) with his height and the way he moves and plays. Very impressed with him.

But the player I was most impressed with was Alejandro Grimaldo, he was superb, I'd be surprised if he wasn't Barca's first choice LB one day. He looks like he will be a star.

I also liked the look of Sergio Ayala, Ernesto Cornejo and Patricio Gabarron Gil. But I was hoping for more from Sergi Samper and Jean Marie Dongou, but you could see quality traits in them both.[/quote']

Grimaldo is a star in the making, concur...Kid oozes class, perfect future LB for the club - shame he isn't gonna grow too much taller

Grimaldo is a star in the making' date=' concur...Kid oozes class, perfect future LB for the club - shame he isn't gonna grow too much taller[/quote']

Messi isnt gonna grow much taller either, im sure he lays awake at night worrying about it.

If theirs one place size doesnt matter its barca. If hes good enough when the time comes he'll be their ;-)

• 5 months later...

No, of course, Grimaldo is surely destined for great things going forward but an ideal fullback, even for Barça, would be a bit taller...A big reason why Abidal is sorely going to be missed and why Alba alone isn't a solution

The Korean kid, Lee Seung Woo or Seung Woo Lee looks very impressive

No' date=' of course, Grimaldo is surely destined for great things going forward but an ideal fullback, even for Barça, would be a bit taller...A big reason why Abidal is sorely going to be missed and why Alba alone isn't a solution

The Korean kid, Lee Seung Woo or Seung Woo Lee looks very impressive[/quote']

What club is the Korean kid at