Player concerns

baldy

Has anyone any idea how to sort out "Player Concerns" with the Soccer Manger support, that is if there is one.

I have set up a database to keep an eye on any player that has concerns. I have now got several players on level 3 concerns. But checking 1 player on my tracking database since 30th July until 20th Sept there have been 17 games. 8 started, 2 subs,3 suspended and 4 with low condition. To me that is not warranting a level 3 concern,, but only a level 1.

I have in 17 teams and 2 game worlds several of which have players with unwarranted concerns, so this is starting to be a worry to me as I have already lost 2 very good players who put in transfer requests and consequently lost them to another team. These players did not warrant having that level of concern, to say I am getting p _ _ _ _ _ d off is an understatement :mad::mad::mad:

Has anyone got an idea as to how to sort this out.

And just for the record I am a gold member

Re: Player concerns

I have the same problem with Silva Neymar.

He isn't the best striker I have so wasn't getting games. His concern was raised about this to level one so I put him in the team. Well he started to bang in the goals so I kept him in.

He's played the last nine games straight he hasn't missed a game yet his concern about not playing has just gone up to level 2??

Plus the fact that he is in the youth team, I didn't think youth players were effected by this?

Guys, you really need to check out this thread (and I mean read through, not just re-post this question as they'll rip you apart).

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=54886

This may help too, it's the main info from the "Player Concerns" help page:

Within your squad the higher rated players expect to play the majority of games and as the ratings get worse they expect to play less and less games. All competitions are taken into consideration except friendlies, however, if a player is out injured then this will not effect his lack of playing time. The younger players within your squad (especially those under 21) are content to bide their time unless of course they are good enough to play (due to being amongst the higher rated players within your squad). This is because the younger players do not expect to play as many games as older players and therefore won't develop concerns about not playing. It is also worth noting that younger players (especially those under 21) stay happier for longer (unless they are good enough to play in the team) and once they get over this age limit they start to want more games or will wish to move on to further their careers.

Concerns will stay with players across seasons and they will pass from one season to the next. If your unsure why a player already has a concern in a new season they must have carried it over from last season. It is also important to note that an injured player can still develop a concern or increase a level if he had not played enough games prior to being injured.

If a player is not playing enough games then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this. The SMFA can provide no information on how to rectify this situation. Obviously playing someone unhappy due to lack of games will help them, but how many games, out of how many? By informing people of the exact number of games may enable people to play the system too effectively and therefore it is up to the managers to figure out. However, your best players will expect to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between expecting a number of games in between. A youth player may expect to play in just 1 game or come off the bench a few times (unless they are good enough to play in the team). With regards to in-game substitutions, if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match.

For example if a player was on a Level 2 concern on Turn 1. He expects to play 70% of games and you start playing him from Turn 1 in 7/10 games. Then come Turn 20 and he has played 14 games then he will be happy and his concern will drop to Level 1. If however you did not play him and then on Turn 20 he went to a Level 3 and then on Turn 30 went to Level 4 and then you started playing him you may struggle to keep him because by Turn 38 he would have wanted to have played 28 games that season but you can only play him in 8. Then by turn 38 he will demand a transfer despite playing the last 8 games as he has become concerned about lack of playing time in the current and previous season.

OK, read all that. As a few members have said I don't play players below 95% fitness.

I regularly rotate players. The higher rated players in youth team are intermittently included.

What sort of number of players should constitute a senior squad ? I have 29 -30 players.

I keep an eye on any wage concerns and address them accordingly.

The whole player concern thing still p _ _ _ _ s me off.

The 2 players I lost thru them putting in transfer request were totally unfair considering the number of games played. I lost Nani who was banging in goals for fun and Esssien !

i know what your saying. I once took over a barca team after a year looking for the chance. All the top players had level 2 concerns . Thats ok i thought ill just play them every game and the concerns will drop. Half way through the season and i got that message telling me one or more of my players have concerns. I thought cool they have all played 15 games so i was expecting them all to drop one level. Not a chance, 14 players had a rise in concerns and 9 of them had been playing every game. Anyway i come to the end of the season and my best players including pique, higuan,villa,Ramos all requested a transfer even though they played over 30 games each. I contacted sm explaining in depth the problem and they went helpful one little bit. It must of been a computer i was talking to because there was no understanding at all of my problem.

Half way through the following season 6 more players requested transfers. I contacted sm and got the same rubbish unhelpful reply so i just quit in the end.

I have player concerns right across the board on 11 of the 17 teams I manage, so you can see it is of a real concern to me. I have rechecked my database against each player in each team and I would say that nearly all of them are totally unwarranted player concerns.

For one I would like to know how many players a squad should be made up of and also what is the minimum level of fitness it should be before you don't pick them ? Maybe by knowing that it might make it more playable. Maybe my squad is too big or I am only playing players 95% or above fitness level ?????