• Marlet (Fulham)
    • Rebrov (Tottenham)
    • Shevchenko (Chelsea)
    • Sutton (Chelsea)
    • Veron (United)
    • Luque (Newcastle)
    • Other - please state reason

Re: Premier League's biggest flop

with a name like that did he really ever have a chance?

Well he's won 2 La Liga titles' date=' 2 Super Cups and the Champions League. So I'll let you be the judge...

He had a 4 year contract with Chelsea, who wanted rid of him just weeks after he joined but no-one wanted him or was prepared to pay him what Chelsea were, so he stayed put and never made a league appearance in his final 3 years but made around 40k per week, plus bonuses when Chelsea won the cup..

This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care.

From his autobiography - This ***** Bows for No One

Milton Nunez at Sunderland. Peter Reid thought he had signed Nunez's' strike partner but he got him instead. Played like 30 minutes. Signed for 3 million I think as well. That Ali Dia from Southampton must be up there as well.

Well he's won 2 La Liga titles' date=' 2 Super Cups and the Champions League. So I'll let you be the judge...

He had a 4 year contract with Chelsea, who wanted rid of him just weeks after he joined but no-one wanted him or was prepared to pay him what Chelsea were, so he stayed put and never made a league appearance in his final 3 years but made around 40k per week, plus bonuses when Chelsea won the cup..[/quote']

After you mentioned his name I read up on him and god was it shocking. Was he ever given a fair shot? They just tried left him to rot in the reserves and youth teams in the end.

I don't understand why Ranieri didn't want him anyway, what did he do wrong?

Very strange transfer and I agree he probably is the biggest PL flop ever.

Guest drseanfitz

gotta be George Weah's 'cousin' the might Ali Dia of Southampton:p

Al Dia :P

'Unbelievable. He ran around the pitch like Bambi on ice. It was very very embarrassing to watch', so said Southampton's Matt Le Tissier when attempting to describe Dia's one appearance for the Saints. Dia's 'career' started on a Wednesday afternoon with his agent phoning then Southampton boss Graham Souness and allegedly pretending to be World Footballer of the Year George Weah and recommending 'his cousin' (Ali Dia) as the next big thing.

Falling for the scam quicker than Eduardo in the penalty box, Souness signed Dia up on a month's loan, and he arrived at the club the next day. Despite never seeing him kick a ball in a competitive match, Souness named Dia in the squad for that Saturday's league game against Leeds; he came on as a substitute after 32 minutes, and was then substituted himself twenty one minutes later. According to the team's then physiotherapist, Dia subsequently 'turned up for treatment of an injury....left, and we never saw him again ... nobody knows where he went'.