Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest drseanfitz

Re: Forum Championship

Diego Alves

Isla-----Benatia-----Gustavo

Bruno

Eriksen-----Sandro-----Pastore-----Gotze

Toivonen-----Griezmann

A real overload of midfielders (Out of a squad of 23' date=' i have 1 GK, 3 DEF and 19 MIDS):cool:so i have to play them in their secondary positions LOL, trying them out here in a "league" instead of other gameworlds.

Other notable players include Strootman, Mertens, Sam, Valbuena,Kelly,Janssen, Ilicic, Fabio, Payet, Tore, El Shaarawi and Davila for now.

This is all just for (partly) fun and testing though, so not too bothered, though I'm always competitive in everything i do:D[/quote']

think 3 of them you matched me for top offer on, and I lost out on them all:mad:

anyway, got some players in, with a large amount of budget left

and most importantly I got Sven and Pazzini:p

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you forgot about a GK? Pretty much the most vital position on SM

i placed a bet of 7.5M for Moraes,Artur(benfica GK, awsome GK),but Gizb a portuguese guy too placed a bet of 8M, now i do'nt have any GK because i have 4 forward of ~10 each, i was on school and all proposals were accepted and complete, I did not have time to cancel :(

GK;

Mandanda

Defenders;

Cole

Kolarov

Nagatomo

Gibbs

Abate

Gaspar

Mertesacker

Rami

Midfield;

Toure, Y

Sahin

Anderson

Gervinho

Downing

Johnson, A

Forwards;

Villa

Nilmar

Olic

Dzeko

Youth;

Frimpong

Usami

Miyaichi

Total Value ; 234.1

Total Paid ; 224.2

Favorite buys;

Mertesacker 11.6m

Villa 25m

Cole 15.5m

Mandanda 10.4m (did people forget to get 'keepers?)

I feel like (with 22 players) I'm one of the few teams actually geared up for a season lol.

Having not being on the ball when we were allowed to bid, im relatively pleased with how i've done, brought in so far...

Pepe Reina

Nemanja Vidic

Wesley Sneijder

Bastien Schweinsteiger

and the following will be joining up soon...

Azevedo Silvio

Charles Kabore

Funds are low but im happy with the core of my team.

Really pleased with the signings I have made for my Ajax team, looking to get in a few more in to cover positions but I am happy with what I have.

Goalkeepers

Abbiati(90)

Defenders

Baines(90)

Taiwo(89)

Thiago Silva(93)

Miranda(90)

Lescott(89)

Distin(89)

Ewerton(77)

Vinicius(82)

Midfielders

Rinaudo(86)

Souza(85)

De Rossi(94)

Moutinho(91)

Aquilani(90)

Barkley(75)

Bastos(91)

Boateng(89)

Reyes(89)

Carrillo(78)

Attackers

Palacio(90)

Pandev(90)

Cisse(89)

Oliveira(80)

Still got £65m left to spend which I will probably use on 1/2 right backs another central midfielder, a winger and a keeper.

Most of the posts on here having been posting of their squads.

I was wondering what everyone thinks of this type of setup where you start with no players and then bid for the ones you want.

How could SM improve this type of setup? What are your likes and dislikes about it?

I was wondering what everyone thinks of this type of setup where you start with no players and then bid for the ones you want.

How could SM improve this type of setup? What are your likes and dislikes about it?

I like the concept of the idea, but i dont like the fact its a free for all in the market, Chairman's maximums should be more realistic and you shouldnt be able to bid more than you have in your balance, People yesterday were bidding 3-4-5 times the £250m limit, bidding on like 180+ players and just hoping they get some. I would like it to be more strategic and harder to do deals.

Only cash is a great idea, having 0 players to start with is a great idea, but bidding for players way beyond your budget is ridiculous. I pulled my bids on a couple of players yesterday thinking i had lost, only for the winning bidder to not have sufficient funds and the player went to a club who had bid lower than me.

Not that im overly fussed as im in here for testing purposes only so i could see if it was worth my while to buy a custom like this, early stages are not looking good.

Just my 2 penneth.

Porto are setup like this

GK

Joe Hart - 91

1 young GK to join in next 24 hrs

Def

Marcelo - 92

Kana - Biyik - 88

Jorgenson - 87

Savic - 83

4 young Defs to join in next 24 hrs

Mid

Van Der Vaart - 92

Kallstrom - 90

Kroos - 89

Ayew - 85

Gregg Wylde - 78

3 young Mids to join in next 24hrs

Fwd

Mario Gomez - 93

Mirko Vucinic - 92

4 young Fwds to join in next 24hrs

you shouldnt be able to bid more than you have in your balance' date=' People yesterday were bidding 3-4-5 times the £250m limit, bidding on like 180+ players and just hoping they get some. I would like it to be more strategic and harder to do deals.[/quote']For the record, I am not one who did this, but I don't see what the issue is. Why would I care what someone else's strategy is? I think they are putting themselves at a disadvantage doing it that way vs. targeting specific players, but if that's how they want to do things, so be it. No skin off my back.

I do like this idea of starting with no players and £250m to build the team you want. :)

BUT your chairman should not let you go over the 250m budget when making offers. It would make a lot more sense as people can then see that they need 21 players to make a team and not 5 players. :rolleyes:

I would participate in this sort of gameworld and make a real go of it as it brings a new element to the game :)

If anyone is thinking of seting up this new type of game world with no players and lots of money please get in touch ;););) I would be very interested in joining :)

Been way too caught up in life to find the time to take a look at this idea these last few days, but that raises an interesting point: isn't this all too much too fast? Surely I am not the only one to feel overwhelmed by the frantic bidding? (and I have barely had a chance to look at it, let alone take it all in).

If the real pleasure of this kind of gameworld is in the drafting stage then shouldn't it be slowed down dramatically, to allow people to enjoy it more as the various teams unfold, rather than say just banging in a whack load of bids and hoping some stick?

I just wonder about the longevity of such gameworlds if people don't get the players/squads they want. Perhaps allowing the bidding to proceed more slowly and 'releasing' players for auction in bands (say opening up the 89-90 players only, first), would make this more pleasurable, and dare I say more stable too?

Just some thoughts...

I think it's been really interesting and worth the test, and is probably worth doing as a gameworld option to be fair. It's probably not accurate to call it a draft gameworld, more of an Auction if anything, but is very interesting.

I think it would be interesting if you could implement an idea of bidding on no more than 5 players at a time. That way, each turn of bidding has to be tactical on who you bid for, rather than everybody peeing away thousands of millions and just hoping that something sticks. Would be interesting to see who people bid for in the first few rounds, whether they go for the 95+ players or try to secure the best young 89/90/91 talent. At the moment they can just go for all of it without a thought in the world.

And this is my final squad for what it's worth:

Lopez (91)

Ter Stegen (78)

Ansaldi (90)

Van Der Wiel (90)

Kjaer (90)

Badstuber (90)

Alderweireld (89)

Rakytskiy (89)

Caceres (89)

Munoz (88)

Pjanic (90)

Marchisio (90)

P Leon (89)

J Garcia (89)

Brama (89)

Rakitic (89)

Leitner (82)

Uffe 'Danish Messi' Bech (75)

Raul (90)

Kalou (90)

Gouffran (88)

Martins (88)

Been way too caught up in life to find the time to take a look at this idea these last few days' date=' but that raises an interesting point: isn't this all too much too fast? Surely I am not the only one to feel overwhelmed by the frantic bidding? (and I have barely had a chance to look at it, let alone take it all in).

If the real pleasure of this kind of gameworld is in the drafting stage then shouldn't it be slowed down dramatically, to allow people to enjoy it more as the various teams unfold, rather than say just banging in a whack load of bids and hoping some stick?

I just wonder about the longevity of such gameworlds if people don't get the players/squads they want. Perhaps allowing the bidding to proceed more slowly and 'releasing' players for auction in bands (say opening up the 89-90 players only, first), would make this more pleasurable, and dare I say more stable too?

Just some thoughts...[/quote']

I wonder how a shortened transfer ban would work.

These are my earlier thoughts.

First of all, I think the collumn in red isn't needed in setups where we can only deal with cash.. will prefer have more detail in the money I have bid, as we only know untill the tithe in bids over 1M..

transferss.jpg

Second, in a game world where all we know the starting balance of each other, would make sense hide the Total Cash Paid. As we w/could have a small advantage when bidding for players knowing the budget limits of our opponent. At least on start.

And third, I think this kind of setups makes more sense when there are a lot of managers in, to increase the competition in the bids on players and also if everyone joins from the start. As one day later could well see your (possible) targets gone.

Btw, when starts the competition?

The fact that you can have out unlimited bids of an unlimited value does some damage to the idea I'd say. At first I bid on only people I wanted, but then I saw other managers had bid on literally everyone. This meant that if I lost any of my bids, there'd be no other players left to buy so basically I just had to bid on anyone and everyone straight away.

It could use some sort of maximum amount of bids/max value of bids/timed release of players of different ratings system in my opinion

PERSONALLY i feel alot of you are actually forgetting the main emphasis of this style set up imo..

yes there can be royal rumble creation set ups formend from this as this draft has been..

but take alot at it from this angle ;) ..

this set up is bare to the bones with features than can be set etc by game world creater..

i feel there MUST also be a capacity cap option where you can set all clubs to same capacity.. e.g epitome of managerial style..

i think the idea of this bare base is for customs that wish to work out actual rule set ups and have a perfect blank base to build from..

seriously the draft league feature would become boring but if you look at wot a bare base can create e.g ideas for other fresh customs alongside the draft idea it will shift for this purpose more imo out of the 2..

i would have chose to use this style set up for alot of custom ideas ive had.. not for a draft set up but so all clubs had a blank base to work from and create a side alongside that of the custom ideas rules and regulations that had been set :) .. totally time consuming as there is no chopping and changeing of clubs current sides like with a standard custom.. as stated.. sides are bare to bone and ready to be worked from the off..

:)